Lost on your words

By ManduLimario

LOST BOOK II More

LOST ON YOUR WORDS
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 15

23.5K 1.1K 2.2K
By ManduLimario

Jisoo's P. O. V.

It's monday morning and everyone has monday blues. If I have this choice of taking a leave just because I hate to, then I wouldn't have second thoughts and file a leave. But since I'm working in a medical field, taking a vacational leave is very rare to happen. You even celebrate new year, Christmas, birthdays and any other special days of your life in the hospital. Ahh! I can still feel the presence of my bed.

Looking forward, I'm currently walking inside the hospital and searching for my team. I woke up late earlier so I hurriedly called Lisa while I'm on the shower and I wouldn't be surprised if she's still asleep and I wasn't wrong, she just woke up when I called. 

"This L4 meeting sucks. Whoever think of emergency meeting today is stupid" Ten complained while fixing his coat, I didn't notice his presence because I am spacing out. 

I look at him and just raise my eyebrow "Lisa's Dad planned this" I said and he quickly cover his mouth, he shows his peace sign and smile forcefully "I guess, it's pretty serious that's why. Look at every doctors, they're in hurry to get in the meeting room" I added. 

We ride the elevator with other Doctors, it's almost occupied by doctors. I look at my watch and it's 10:30 am "Have you seen our team?" Ten whispered at me. 

"I just arrive ten minutes earlier than you" I reminded him. 

We reached the floor and made our way towards the room. As we enter, we found our team at the back and they reserved a seat for us, feeling like a high school student. Lisa is also there, yawning and daydreaming. She looks so stressed. 

"You're late" Lisa said and we both give each other a high five, I took my seat beside her and waited for the meeting to start "Who do you think will get chosen? Only chosen doctors are here" 

I roam my eyes around and nodded "Yeah, it's very risky to go as what I've heard" I replied. 

"Ah! Anyway.. " Lisa started and face me "You called me last night and I'm sorry for not picking it up, I was on a deep sleep and didn't hear your calls. So what is it?" 

I furrowed my eyebrows and think "Last night??" I asked and she nodded like a kid "Ah! That was nothing, I just wanna ask you if.. If you're going to the meeting" 

"Hmm.. Of course I do. Dad would never let me off duty" She huffed and fix her coat, I just stare at her and look away when she notices it "I think you want to say something else"

"No, you look so stress" I said. 

"Life is giving us so much stress, what do you expect?" She chuckled. 

We both keep our mouth shut when the board members and director came in. The meeting is about to start. I took my phone and search for a game to play, I know it's kinda important but I have someone with me who will explain it once I ask. 

After a lot of turns, I lock my phone when they show to us the place that chose doctors will go. It looks like a abandoned place where unfortunate people live. Lisa's Dad explained what is on that place and how other people suffer from sickness. 

"I wouldn't be surprised if the epidemic happens first on their place. They have no means for a check up and this place has the high rates of death last year. Although it's not as big place as you think but a lot of people are relocating there every year because of low cost of living" Mr. Manoban explained.

"It seems like the officials are turning their back on their situation" Dr. Park uttered, mainting her voice low. 

"I pity them" Dr. Lee replied. 

As I look at Lisa, she's trying to take a nap in the amidst of meeting. What is she up to? Over thinking again? I tap her shoulder but she doesn't care at all. A marker flew all the way in front to Lisa's head. We are all surprise because of what her Dad did. 

"Heads up!" He firmly said. 

Lisa regain her posture "I'm sorry" She said and rub her eyes. 

"Did you even sleep?" I jokingly asked. 

"Kinda" She whispered back and throw the marker on me that made me laugh a bit. 

Mr. Manoban flip some pages and it's time to hear the names of doctors who will cooperate. He started calling some doctors from other department. I look at my watch and waited until everything's settled. 

"Mrs. Kim Jisoo" 

I furrowed my eyebrows when I heard my name somewhere. I look around me and they're all looking "What?" I asked. 

"Get in front" Ten said. 

I gaze in front and found 7 senior doctors. I slowly got up from my seat and look at Mr. Manoban with confusion. I was expecting about senior doctors to come in that place and not us. 

"Ms. Lisa Manoban"

I glance at Lisa and she looks very surprise as well. She look at her Dad with those eyes questioning. We have no choice but to get in front. Dr Lee and Ten were also called and we just heard applause from other Doctors indicates that the meeting has end. 

"Everyone can go back on their stations. We still have something to discuss. Please follow our safety protocols" Mr. Manoban said and waited for everyone to leave the room "Take your seat and we will now proceed on our meeting"

Lisa clenched her jaw and let out her deepest breath "We just came home from Europe then we will be send off again" She chuckled as we walk to our seat. 

"Chaeyoung's gonna be worried at me again" I sigh and look at my phone before to Lisa "Are you making a move to Jennie?" I asked out of nowhere 

She quickly look at me curiously "What do you mean?" She asked

"Nothing" I chortle. 

After that short conversation, we didn't talk that much and just listen to Mr. Manoban's discussion. I guess this is a very stressing mission for us. 

My eyes landed on Lisa again and just smile a bit, I hope she's fine with Jennie. 

-

Hours passed and it's time to go home. Lisa grab her things quickly and fix herself before she left the office which made everyone look at her. Since Jisoo didn't bring her car and Chaeng just dropped her off earlier, she run after Lisa to ask for a ride. 

"Lisa!" Jisoo shouted and tap her shoulder "Give me a ride" 

Lisa stop from walking and scratch her nape "My car's not with me. It's broke" She said. 

"So you're using your Dad's car? Or you're riding the car with him? Or something?" Jisoo asked. 

Lisa shrugged her shoulder "Hmm No. I'm using my card" She shows the bus card which made Jisoo palm herself "I don't want to use my Dad's car so I decided to take a bus instead" 

"Ah nevermind. I'll just call and wait for Chaeyoung to come and pick me up" Jisoo stated and walk together with Lisa. The latter keeps on looking at her phone to find something "Are you going somewhere?" 

"Uhm" Lisa nodded "Okay.. I'll go here" she mumbled to herself. 

"Tss, I'll just wait here. Take care " Jisoo hissed, Lisa just wave her hand didn't look back. She looks like in hurry. 

Lisa walk in her fastest pace to get on the bus station. As she looks up the sky, the dark clouds are on sight, seems like a bad weather is about to come soon. 

"Not today" She whispered to herself. When the bus stops, she carefully force herself to get in first that causes everyone to complain "I'm sorry but I have go" Lisa apologize and choose the middle seat after she swipe the card. 

Lisa didn't let the map out of her sight so she can trace the nearest stores on the area "I hope I'll be there on time" She said to herself. 

After 10 minutes of riding, Lisa get off on the next bus stop. She hurriedly look for the store and luckily she finds it. A smile flustered on her face and she jog towards it. 

"Can I get the bouquet that I ordered?" Lisa asked the vendor. 

"Oh! Here you are" The old Lady giggle and hands her the white roses "I guess you're about to give that to the person you adore the most, very lucky person"

Lisa just laugh softly and scratch her nape out of embarrassment. She gives the payment to the old lady and look around, she just stop when she found the thing she's looking for. 

"A basket of fruits please" Lisa said. 

-

6:30 PM

"Atty. Kim, we're leaving!" Dara bid her goodbye to Jennie "It's about to rain, take care!"

"Same goes to you" Jennie replied and stretched her arms. She gaze on the clock and she lean on her seat before she decided to go home. 

She shut her laptop and put the important files on its right place. As she took a glance outside the window, the rain starts to pour down. It's not as hard as yesterday but it is enough for a person to get soak after few minutes walking under the rain. 

"Okay let's go home" Jennie said and put some of her things inside the bag, she search for her umbrella but she can't find it "Oh no, I think I left it in my room" She growl out of irritation.

The lights suddenly went off, Jennie pressed her eyes and heave a sigh. She grab her bag and walk out of the building. There's a power interruption on the area so she needs to go out quickly. She used the fire exit until she reach the ground floor. Jennie catch her breath first before taking back her posture. It's really exhausting for her to get down the building using stairs. 

"The rain is getting wilder" Jennie overheard it from the employee. 

The Lady waited for the rain to stop even a bit. She's staying under the small roof of the building. She didn't bother to call someone for help since her mind is very occupied. Jennie grip on her bag while staring at the rain. 

Since Jennie is busy watching how the rain pour and the people running under it, she's not aware that someone stand beside her. It's Lisa who's just wearing a cap and her working attire earlier. She didn't say any words and just look where Jennie's looking. 

"The rain won't stop from lashing down right now but I'm hoping that you'll stop from thinking too deep right at this moment" Lisa said. 

Jennie's senses come back when she heard a familiar voice. Her eyes widened in surprise and she look at her side, she found Lisa looking at the rain as well then she gaze on her with a smile flashes on her lips. 

"What are you doing here?" She asked out of curiosity. She's not expecting her since she never call her for help. 

Lisa shows her the umbrella "Just wondering if you have umbrella" She chuckles and hands it to her. 

"Are you serious?" She questioned.

Lisa nodded and open the umbrella for her "I'll drop you home but we have to ride a bus for a while" She offered and give the umbrella back. 

"Let's share" Jennie said but Lisa refused. 

"I'm already soak and I don't want you to feel cold when my clothes touch your skin. Don't worry about me, I'll be fine" Lisa assures her by giving thumbs up, she make Jennie hold the umbrella so tight and they start to walk. 

Jennie feels very shy thinking that Lisa brings her umbrella and let her to use it while Lisa doesn't want to share because she is worried about her. 

"Just stick with me, it's fine if I get soak as well. I can take a bath when I get home" Jennie said. 

"It's fine" Lisa replied. 

They reach the station and waited for the bus to arrive but it's going to be hard for them to get in te bus quickly since a lot of employees are also waiting for it. Both of them stay under the roof of shed until they finally found a bus with enough space for them. 

The two ride the bus quietly, no one bother to talk or even start a conversation. Lisa's closing her eyes and taking a rest, looks like she's very tired from  work. Jennie observe her as she takes a nap and feel pity on Lisa's state. 

The lady take off Lisa's cap to dry her hair, she pull out some tissue from her bag and try to wither Lisa's skin. Jennie notices Lisa's name plate, it's still on her right chest. She wipe it with the tissue and unpin. Jennie put it inside Lisa's pocket and continue drying her until Lisa move a bit that made her stop and straighten her back. 

"Are we getting near?" Lisa ask with her eyes close. 

"Ten more minutes" Jennie replied. 

After so many turns, they reach the destination. Jennie tap Lisa's leg to wake her up "Lisa, we're here" She whispered. 

Lisa instantly stand up and follow where Jennie go. It's still drizzling so Jennie open the umbrella "You'll get sick if you won't stay under this" She reminded the tall girl. 

"I'm fine, I don't want you to get cold" Lisa said and put her hands inside the pocket. 

As they started to walk slowly, Jennie sigh and ask "I know you're very tired from work so you have to pick me up?" She asked. 

The two stop from walking and the tall girl turn her side to face her "Because I'm worried?" Lisa raise her eyebrow. 

"I can go home completely fine" Jennie said. 

"Okay,  let's say... Priorities?" Lisa shrugged her shoulder "You'll help me a lot if you let me do these things. I won't feel at ease if I'm not sure if you're at home already or not" 

"Then the exchange of it? You'll get sick?" Jennie mocked. 

"Are you worried?" Lisa grin when she caught Jennie off guard. 

Jennie furrowed her eyebrows "I'm not worried. You're just giving me another guilt" She emphasize. 

Lisa chuckle "Come on now, I'll go now after I drop you off" She said and started to walk again. 

Lisa look up at the sky first before she let out a frustrating sigh. She can feel numbness upon her muscle indicates that she overworked earlier but she still manage to pick Jennie from work. Lisa stop from walking when she notices that Jennie is not sticking with her. She look at her back with confusion and found Jennie just looking at her. 

"Come one Jennie, the rain will pour more heavily later" She reminded her.

Jennie drop the umbrella and let the rain drench her body "If you won't listen to me, then I won't either" She firmly said and walk without the umbrella that cause Lisa to scoffed. 

The tall girl run towards the umbrella then to Jennie to give it to her but the girl refuses. She continuously shoving it to Lisa everytime the latter tries to give it back. Lisa give up and hold it by herself, she give Jennie enough space from the umbrella as they share it. 

"Lisa.. " Jennie called her. 

"Uhm?" Lisa hummed and glance at her. 

The two stop from walking when they reach the front building of Jennie's unit. Jennie's a bit wet from rain but she doesn't care at all. She wet her lips and look at Lisa. 

"Bobby's courting me and I let him" Jennie said

-

Hi mga slapsoil malapit lapit na hehe

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190K 5.2K 38
One summer changed their life but what will happen if their paths crossed again? #1 -#lisamanoban (02-2020) ❤️
21K 723 17
"Darling you look perfect tonight"
... By [D]

Fanfiction

391K 7.2K 84