Uptown Meets Downtown (A Goss...

Autorstwa SolsticeQueen25

Meet Catherine (Cat, or Kitty) Humphrey. She's the middle Humphrey. Loves her family, likes school, and even... Więcej

Cast
Pilot
The Wild Brunch
Poison Ivy
Dare Devil
The Handmaiden's Tale
Victor/Victrola
Seventeen Candles
Blair Waldorf Must Pie
Hi, Society
Roman Holiday
School Lies
A Thin Line Between Chuck and Nick
Blair Bitch Project

Bad News Blair

497 9 4
Autorstwa SolsticeQueen25

(A/N: Cat's Hair and outfit.)

Hey Upper East Siders, there's nothing Gossip Girl likes more than a surprise. And we hear Blair Waldorf's got a three-for-one special. Her mom, Eleanor, who just returned from Paris, along with Serena van der Woodsen and Catherine Humphrey, brunch buddies.

I couldn't believe that I was sitting in Blair Waldorf's penthouse having brunch with Serena and Eleanor Waldorf while listening to ms. Waldorf talk about her new clothing line. Serena called me earlier and begged me to come along with her, partly because she wanted to get to know me better and partly because she thought I needed to get to know Blair better as well.

"Hey, you're up." Serena said to Blair as she came down the steps her obviously gorgeous nightgown and robe. "Did we have plans?" Blair said as she came closer to us. Meanwhile I hoping that she didn't try to throw me out.

 "Darling it is impolite to interrupt." Ms. Waldorf said as she air kissed her daughter. "I was just telling Serena and Catherine that Bendel's is interested in carrying my line." "Really? Oh, that's fantastic. Why didn't you say something?" Blair said as she grabbed herself a croissant. "I came back from Paris early to put together my look book. And if they like what they see, it could be the beginning of entire lifestyle collection." Ms. Waldorf told us. "Because more people should be like you mother." Blair said, though it sounded more like she was being sarcastic. "Before you tuck into that, you might find the low-fat yogurt more appealing." Ms. Waldorf told Blair, and I definitely didn't miss the way she put an emphasis on low-fat.

Serena pulled me up to look at Ms. Waldorf's clothes but as we walked to the clothes I heard Blair say, "I lost two pounds when you were away." "And you look marvelous." Ms. Waldorf said. If Jo heard me say that I let weight, she would have sat me down and placed a mountain of food in front of me and told me if i didn't put some meat on my bones that the only roles I would ever get would be as dancing skeletons on Halloween.

"Wow, these are beautiful, Ms. Waldorf." Serena said as she picked up one of the skirts. "Well, they will be if they're not all squished from traveling. Darling, please." Ms. Waldorf said as she pushed Blair back so she could walk over to the clothes. "Serena, Catherine, you have to come back later when everything is unpacked. I would love to hear your thoughts. You both have great personal styles." That was all I needed, Blair thinking I was trying to steal both her boyfriend and her mother.

 "Oh, thank you. But I don't think we'll be able to. Blair, Catherine and I have plans." Serena said. "We do?" Blair said, surprised that any plans that Serena came up with included me. "Plus, Mrs. Waldorf, I have work later on tonight. But thank you for including me." I said, which wasn't a lie,  I really did have a shift tonight.

Serena, Blair, and Catherine might have plans for the day, but Nate, Nick, and Chuck are  fully-booked for the weekend. If they survive it.

Nick's POV:

Nate and I were in Chuck's suite helping him prepare for the Lost Weekend. Think of it as a weekend long bachelor party. 

"Found it. Piaget." Chuck said with one of his most expensive watches in hand. "Can't you just call it a watch?"  Nate asked. "If it cost more than 10 grand it earns a proper name." Chuck said as he opened a drawer to put it in."How about this," I asked as I handed him his baseball, signed by Babe Ruth. "Definitely that. Babe Ruth's called shot. The most famous homer he ever hit." he said as he put that in the same drawer as the watch and then locked the drawer. "Better safe than sorry." Once everything was locked and put away the door knocked. "Here we go." Chuck said to Nate and I.

It didn't take long before the suite was filled to the brim with our friends from St. Jude's. "You've lived through Ivy Week and hopefully gained entry to the college of your choice. Now let's ruin this chances. Let me remind you of the rules. As of this moment, there is no outside world I do not show you. You eat what I provide, Practice what I preach. And till I say so, the only girls you talk to are the ones I paid for. Let the Lost Weekend commence" Chuck said in all his grandeur.

When his little speech ended the debauchery started. Everyone was drinking, playing cards, or dancing with the girls. 

"Who brought the Sasquatch?" Chuck asked as some guy walked into the suite. "Isn't that Carter Baizen?" I asked as I got a good look at the guy. 

"We haven't seen him since he was a senior and we were in the 8th grade. He looks intense." Nate said, confirming my suspicions. "Are you  high?" Chuck asked incredulously. "He looks like Matthew McConaughey between movies. The guys a loser. Look anyone who trades their trust fund for a fanny pack flies in the face of all that is holy to Chuck Bass." 

"Nate and Nick Archibald, is that you?" Carter said when he came up to us. "Baizen, my man. I heard you went rogue." I said as I pulled him into a hug. "I lived to tel about it." Carter said as he went to hug Nate.

Seems like someone's itinerary didn't leave room for interlopers. Doesn't Chuck know a party  isn't a party until someone crashes?

Cat's POV:

Serena, Blair, and I were walking to another store with bags in hand. Serena insisted that she wanted to buy me a few things, and let's just say she and I have a different definition of few. But as we were walking these perky guys were learning at us.

"Oh, God, I forgot what it was like to be with you." Blair said to Serena.  "No, they were looking at all of us." Serena said. "Don't insult me. It's been like this all morning. Starting with your visit with my mother. She didn't even tell me she was coming." Blair pointed out. "Well, she was busy. She was rushing to home and everything. Because she wanted to see you."Serena said, in hopes of making her best friend feel better. "She didn't even wake me up." Blair stated. "Maybe didn't want to disturb your beauty sleep." I suggested. "Cat's right. You know how Eleanor is about beauty rest.

"She likes you more than me." Blair said. "She does not, You're her daughter, she doesn't like anyone more than you. She just, I don't know, doesn't know how to show it sometimes." Serena said, refusing to believe that what Blair said was true. "Okay, I'm going inside. Cat, why don't you come with me?" Blair said as she grabbed my hand, not really giving me the option of saying no. "Wait for us. We'll be right back." And with that we walked into Nolita. My hearts was beating so hard I thought I was about to have a heart attack.

"So, how are Nate's tutoring sessions coming along?" she casually asked me when we were far enough away from Serena that she couldn't hear us. "Fine. He's actually been getting better." I said not quite getting where she was going with this. "He's a great guy isn't he?" She asked as she looked at a blouse. "Yeah, he's amazing." I said, not liking where this was going. 

"Do you like him?" Blair asked. "As a friend, yeah. As a potential boyfriend , not really." I said, though to be perfectly honest, I was kind of lying. "Why not? Every girl in school likes Nate, what makes you so different?" She asked me quite accusingly. "He's dating you. So I'm not interested." I pointed out. "So you might be if we weren't going out?" she asked me. "I don't know. But what I do know is I don't go after guys that are already in relationships, I like to leave the drama in my life on the stage." I told her. 

"So you're really not interested in stealing Nate away from me?" Blair asked not quite believing me. "Look from what I can gather you seem to really care about Nate, and you've already been through enough pain when it comes to people nearly pulling you two apart. Why would I want to add fuel to the fire?" I said. "Thanks. I guess I needed to hear that." Blair said, and it looked like she shocked herself with that sentiment as much as she shocked me because it seemed as though she shook it off and went back to browsing.

A few minutes of being in the store and we both decided to leave due to the smell. "That was disgusting." Blair said as we walked out of the store. "The DOH should shut them down." "The  bathroom?" Serena asked. "No, the people. It's called Nolita, not NO Showers." Blair told her, and I chuckled a little. When I turned my head I saw my brother, "Dan what are you doing here?" I asked him. "Do I smell pork? And cheese?" Blair asked with a look of disgust. "Okay, well, when you're done with your charity work, why don't you come find me? I'll be at Tory Burch looking at ponchos." Blair said as she walked off said store, leaving me alone with Serena and Dan. 

"Isn't that the girl who told the entire school and, oh, several colleges that you had a drug problem?" Dan asked confused as to why Serena and I were hanging out with Blair. "Yeah. But, you know, Blair can be a little Blair." Serena said, which made all three of us laugh. "We're actually trying to works things out. Today is our first day hangin out together. And I wanted Cat to come along so Blair could see how great she is  and we could eventually all hang out together regularly." She finished as she pulled me into a side hug. "We should probably get back actually, Serena." I said as I pulled Serena away from Dan knowing that Blair didn't like waiting. "But call me sometime, so we can get together and do that thing you didn't ask me to do." Serena said to Dan as we were walking away.

Nick's POV:

"The last time we saw your sister, she said you family had locked you out and you'd fallen off the earth." I said to Carter as Nate and I were catching up with him. Chuck was just sitting with us, staring daggers at Carter. "I didn't. I just fell off of theirs." Carter said to us. "Once you turn away from money, you see it doesn't buy you freedom. It pays for your prison. They say I disappeared, but all I did was break out." 

"Where'd you go?" Nate asked "Where didn't I go?" Carter threw back. "I aided the cleanup post-Katrina, spent a year rebuilding Machu Picchu which, let me tell you, changed my life. I bought an HD cam and started filming it for a documentary." 

"You're the guy who gave us our first joint, snuck us into our first club, and you're gonna tell me the life of a Youtube filmmaker is better than this?" Chuck asked Carter, not understanding why anyone would want to turn their back on this whole lifestyle. Carter just shrugged and said nothing. 

"You invented the Lost Weekend." Chuck reminded him. "Who cares about a party when you can see the world?" I asked Chuck, seeing some merit in what Carter was talking about. "Exactly. In the real world, the thing that matters is who you are, not what you own." Carter said, taking my side. "As much as I love the speech about not needing material things from a guy that has that much product in his hair, this party is about excess, not exposition." Chuck said, wanting to end this conversation. "Stop talking, and start partying." And with that he walked away with his girls and began practicing what he preached.

"Nathaniel , Nicholas, are you with me?" he asked wanting us to join him, but Nate and I had other plans. "We're just gonna hang here for a bit." I said. "Fine. I hate to break up a matched set, anyway." Chuck said, disappointed that we didn't join him. With Chuck gone it was just us and Carter. "How about we continue this over some cards gentlemen?" Carter asked us. "None of this crap these kids are playing. Texas Hold'em is dead. I'll show you both some real action. You know what? I'm in this weekly game on this corner in Queens. Goes all night, it's the real deal. High stakes, big money. People with the kind of money that will put mine to shame. You guys should come." I looked back at Nate and while I was stoked to go he looked pensive, to say the least.

(A/N: Nick's basketball outfit. Just pretend the wildcats logo isn't on it.)

The next day we were all headed to the basketball court, and Carter was still hanging out with us much to Chuck's dismay. "What's Carter still doing here?" Chuck asked Nate and I. "I invited him." I said. "Or he invited himself. That is his style." Chuck said. "Begging us to break free of our prisons while stuffing his face with free food and draining our booze. He's a deadbeat and a hypocrite." "And a good ball player if I remember right." I said. "Sure you just don't want to lose to him?" 

"Maybe if your daddy bought you a basketball team instead of a hotel, you'd have skill." Carter said as he "accidentally" bumped into Chuck. "This is the the Lost Weekend for Juniors, not senior citizens. Go jump into a volcano." Chuck said as he shooed Carter away. "Maybe we should settle this on the court." Carter shot at Chuck. "How about we settle this now." Chuck shot back. "Hey man. Chill out." Nate said as he got in between Chuck and Carter. "No. This is my game, I pick the players." Chuck said. "I get it. I'll go." Carter said as he got ready to leave.

"Hey, hey, man. Is that card game tonight?" I asked Carter before he got too far away. "Yeah." Carter confirmed. "Text me the address later." I told him. "I will." He said as he left. "You didn't have to do that." I said as I turned to Chuck. "Yes I did. He's an older brother bringing everyone down." Chuck said in defense of his actions. "Maybe he's a big brother trying to help us out." I said as I began to leave. I was hoping that Nate would be following after me but I turned around to see that wasn't the case.

"Nate aren't you coming?" I asked him. "Not this time. And you shouldn't be going either. This is bad news." Nate said. "What are you talking about? Everything he's said is everything we've dreamed of doing with our lives." I told him not getting why he was so opposed to Carter all of a sudden. "My dream or yours, Nick? Because we talk about how we don't wanna go to Dartmouth, how we don't want be like Dad, and you being an architect, but you never once asked what I want for myself." He said, and I realized that even though we talked about escaping and Nate always tried to help me with me dream, I never asked him what he really wanted for himself. "Look, you do whatever you need to do man. But before I throw everything away, I need to do some serious thinking." Nate said, and I saw him tell Chuck he was leaving. I just turned and left to go to Carter's poker game.

Cat's POV:

The next day I was at work. And I told Jo every little detail about my shopping spree with Serena and Blair. "So let me get this straight, not only did Serena take you with her to Blair Waldorf's house and then take you on a shopping spree, but then Blair Waldorf threatened you about her boyfriend." She asked seeing if she was caught up on everything that's happened since we last saw each other. "Yep that's about it." I told her after I gave a customer their order.

"Does she have a reason to be worried about you and Nate." Jo asked. "What're you talking about?" I asked her, wondering where all these questions about Nate and I were coming from all of a sudden. "Come on Kit-Kat, you're not a dumb girl. Almost every conversation we have, Nate pops up into it. You get this happy glow anytime I say his name. Not to mention when he came over after that brunch, it seemed like you two had known each other for years." Jo said as she tried to point out why she thought I had a crush. I mean she wasn't wrong but she didn't need to know that.

Just when I was about to argue more with her about this I turned to the door and saw Nate coming in. "Nate hey what's up?" I asked as he came up to the bar. " Not much. I just wanted to see you." He said giving me his signature Nate Archibald smile.  I had to hide my face because I was blushing so much. "I'm flattered, Nate, but I'm working right now." I told him. "Do you guys need some help? I've never waited tables, but I could help with the small stuff." He offered. "I think that's be a marvelous idea." Jo said, a little too enthusiastically. "Why don't you come to the counter with Kit-Kat and I'll bring some salt and pepper shakers for you to fill up along with some napkins to fold." "Sure." Nate said as he followed me to the counter.

"Are you going to tell me why you're really here, because I know it wasn't just to help out." I asked him when Jo went in back to get the stuff for Nate to do. "What made you pick Juilliard?" he asked me. "Why do you ask?" I asked him back wondering where he was going with this. "You just always seem like you have a set plan for how you want your life to go, meanwhile all I want is to get out of my dad's reign of control. I was just wondering what drives you." He told me.

"Oh well, believe it or not it all started when I was six, and it's all thanks to Jo." I told him. "How is all thanks to Jo?" Nate asked me. "Well first off Jo is actually my godmother, and honorary aunt. She always had a love of theatre and shared it with me, acting out stories that she would tell me." I told him as I laughed at the memories. "Anyways, for my sixth birthday, she took me to my first Broadway musical." "What was it?" Nate asked me, getting into the story. 

"Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella." I answered him. "It was so magical to me at the time. One minute we were in a theatre with people in seats and stage covered by a curtain. But once the curtains were drawn and the music started, we were transported to another world where fairies were real, and princes fell in love with regular girls and happily ever afters existed. Once the show was over Jo took me backstage to meet the cast and crew, the prince happened to be a friend of hers, and they show me how everything worked." "That didn't ruin the magic for you?' Nate asked me. 

"Just the opposite, it made me fall in love with that world even more. I told Jo right then and there that no matter what I was going to be on that stage one day. She and the guy told me that it wouldn't be easy. But that didn't stop me. I made sure to get into every play and show that I could. Learned to sing, dance, act, and play piano. I made sure to be in every talent night Jo had here. And when I heard that the best actors went to Juilliard, I decided that I would go there too." I told him, but then I felt like I was just rambling and proceeded to apologize. "I'm sorry, I'm talking too much." "No, no. Not at all." Nate said as he put a reassuring hand on mine. "I like hearing you talk about this, you get this light around you when you talk about this stuff. I wish I could feel like that."

"You will," I told him. "And it'll probably happen when you least expect it. Have you ever tried talking to Blair about this?" "I can't." Nate said, "Not the way that I talk about it with you.  You make it so easy." "It's always easy to talk to someone you can be yourself around." I told him, secretly wondering if he ever felt that way about Blair, but I also couldn't shake this feeling that there was something else on his mind. 

But after Jo brought over the salt and pepper shakers and the napkins, Nate and I ended up changing the subject and spent the rest of the time getting to know each other. 

By the end of my shift, Nate and I said goodbye to each other and went to our respective homes. When I got to the loft I saw Dad strumming his guitar working on a new song, and just as I had greeted him, Dan came in shortly after me. "How was the movie," Dad asked Dan. Earlier Dan told us about how he and Serena were planning to see a movie together. "Missable. Literally." Dan said as he went to sent down. "I don't know about Serena. I can't tell if she's worth it." Oh, no. "What do you mean?" Dad asked Dan.

"Well, she's best friends with this girl, Blair Waldorf, who is basically everything I hate about the Upper East Side distilled into one 95-pound, dough-eyed, bon mot-tossing label whoring package of girlie evil." Dan said, and Dad and I couldn't help but laugh at his description of Blair. "She's not that bad Dan." I told him in Blair's defense, thinking back to how her mother treated her. "No one is." Dad said in agreement with me. 

"She is. I would barely be exaggerating if I told you that Medusa wants her withering glare back." Dan said. "Well if there's anything I've learned, it's that usually there's something beneath the surface with people like that to make them act the way they do." Dad told him, And i immediately thought back to how Blair mom treated her yesterday. If I had a mother like Eleanor Waldorf, I'd probably act like a total bitch too. "Like what? The OJ in her mimosa was from concentrate, not fresh-squeezed?" Dan quipped. "And what does this say about Serena that this is her best friend?" 

"I dated a girl like Serena once. Actually a lot like Serena." Dad said as he went to sit down directly in front of Dan. "And girls like that are challenging it's true. They're complicated and enigmatic. And usually worth it. And the only way you'll know for sure is to jump in with both feet." "What happened with you?" Dan asked. "I swam for a while. Till I drowned." Well that motivational speech went downhill quick. I decided to jump in and save my father. "What Dad's trying to say Dan is that you there is a chance that you'll drown but there's also a chance that you'll make it to the shore with Serena standing there waiting for you. But you need to be the one to decide wether she's worth the plunge or not." I told him. 

Not saying anything Dan went to his room, leaving it being only Dad and I. "Thanks for the save Kitty." Dad told me. "Not problem. So about this girl like Serena." I said, wanting to see if my suspicions were true. "Would it happen to be her mother, Mrs. Van der Woodsen?" You could practically see the color drain from my dad's face when I asked him that? "H-how did you..?" he tried to ask. "I may have seen you two talk to each other, before the Ivy Week mixer. It seemed like more than two adults talking."  I told him. "Could never get anything past you could I?" He said almost in awe at how I figured out his secret. "Nope, but you can always trust me to keep your secrets." I said as I got up, gave him a kiss goodnight and went to me room to get some shut eye.

 The rules for a model the day of a photo shoot are similar to those of a patient pre-surgery. No food or drink 12 hours prior, wear comfortable clothing, and make sure your affairs are in order. You never know what could go wrong in a flash.

Nick's POV:

Sunday I went with Carter to his poker game. I felt so free and liberated. Not having to care about pleasing my father, or being one of the Upper East Side's Golden Boys, as Gossip Girl loves to call Nate and I. I was just a guy hanging out with a bunch of guys playing poker.

It was going great until I got a text from Chuck. 

Chuck: We gotta talk. Where r u?

Me: Five Star in Queens, call you later. 

"Hey, no phones." Carter said to me when he caught me texting Chuck. "Oh, right, sorry, man." I said as turned off my phone. "How much you up?" He asked me, wanting to know how much I've won so far. "Five thousand." I told him, feeling proud of myself. "It's insane, amigo." He told me. "Should probably quit while I'm ahead, right?" I said, knowing it's just as easy to lose everything as it is to when it all. "What? We just started." Carter told me as he tried to get me to stay. "I've had a goo run. It's better to leave while you're up." I said, really feeling like I should get going.

"I'm not gonna let you do that bro. Table's about to get smaller, people are gonna start showing their real stuff. Up until now it's been cards, but..., from now on it's an adventure. Just a couple more hands" Carter told me. And just like that I stayed put. I wanted more adventure in my life, and that's what I was going to do. "All right, gents, ante up." One of the other card players said. "Okay, let's hit it.", I said, getting ready to put everything on the line.

Cat's POV:

If you would have told me Chuck Bass and Nate Archibald would've been coming into the Wicked Cafe & Bar just as my shift was ending I would've told your were crazy. But there they were, practically running for their lives until they stopped right in front of me.

"Gentleman, if you wanted a table all you had to do was ask." I said jokingly. "Now's not the best time for jokes Cat." Nate said, worry written all over his face. "What's wrong?" I asked. "Do you know where Five Star in Queens is?" "Yeah, it's about an hour from here. Why, what's going on?" 

"No time to explain Tutor Girl," Chuck said as he grabbed my hand and dragged me along with him and Nate. 

On the way there, they filled me in on some of the details. About some guy named Carter Baizen, how he talked Nick into joining one of his poker games, and how Chuck's Babe Ruth baseball and Piaget watch turned up missing. It was at that moment I realized, Nick was in deep shit. I just hoped that we weren't too late.

Nick's POV:

"Bullet, gentleman. First bet" The dealer said as the game went on. Ever hear  the phrase the quicker the rise, the quicker the fall. Well that's what was happening to me at this very moment.

The moment the ante went up was the moment everything came crashing down for me. "Hey I don't have the money, call this bet." I said to Carter after one of the player called a five thousand dollar bet. But Carter apparently had other plans. "Hey guys you have marker?" he asked the other players.

One of the guys gave us a pen and paper, but I began to have this uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach. "I don't think it's such a good idea" I told Carter, feeling more and more like I just had to get out of there. "If you're ever gonna take a risk, start now. What's the point of anything less?" Carter told me. I knew I should've folded, but my pride and the need to prove to everyone that I could live a life outside the one that one laid out for me took over and I wrote $10,000.00 on that piece of paper.

"You sure he's good for it?" One of the players asked, "Of course he is. He's an Archibald." Carter replied. "Make it ten thousand." I said as I put the piece of paper into the pile. "Five to call, show your cards" said the dealer. I turned mine over to reveal three 6's, meanwhile my opponent had three aces and won the pot. 

"That's rough," Carter said, as if he didn't have a hand in how this played out. "You told me to do this." I reminded him. "It's the luck of the draw my friend. He had three aces." Carter said like some sort of defense. 

"Look, it might take me a while to get the money" I tried to tell the guys, knowing that unlike my friends at school, these guys expected to the money sooner rather than later. "Wait, wait, wait. What, a little while?" Carter said as he cut me off. "Come on man. Snap your fingers."  That's when it hit me, that this wasn't just a stroke of bad luck. "Wait a minute. Are you in with these guys?" The look on Carter's face was all the answer that I needed. "You played me?!" I shouted as I went to grab him by the collar. But his little poker buddies got to me first. 

"Give them the money man. Money means nothing to you. No one gets hurt. I'm trying yo help you out." Carter said, still acting like he had my best interest at heart. 

"Yeah you're a real friend." I heard Chuck's voice say.  And when I looked up, there he was. Along with Nate and Cat. "Who let you three in here, Bass?" Carter asked Chuck. "He set me up." I told them. "No one forced his had, he lost fair and square." Carter said as he turned to me. "Look, if you don't give them the money right away, I'm gonna tell everyone where you live, and they can get it from your daddy. What do you think about that?" After that little threat, I saw Nate  get ready to charge after Carter, and if cat wasn't there to hold him back I think he would've killed him.

"Look. You've go Chuck's watch and baseball." Cat told Carter as she continued to hold back Nate. "Why don't you keep them and take care of these guys. We don't call the cops and we all walk out of here." Carter stared at her for a few minutes, but in the end he knew he was done for. "It's cool. I've got it." Carter told the guys, and they promptly let go of me. The minute they did I left with Chuck, Nate and Cat, hoping to never see Carter Baizen again.

Cat's POV:

When we got back to Chuck's suite, Nick went straight to his laptop and open his and Nate's virtual bank account. "I'm gonna have to transfer some money and pray the captain doesn't notice before I find a way to put it back." He said as he entered in the login information. "You don't have to pay me back." Chuck said, "I mean, it was worth every cent to see the last of that guy." 

"No, I want to. I mean it." Nick said as he looked at us with a grateful smile. "Thanks guys." I wish I could say that this moment came with a happy ending, but it didn't. "Wait, that can't be right." I heard Nick say. "What's wrong?" I asked, worrying about what else could go wrong fort he poor boy today. "It says Nate and I are zeroed out." He told us. "Maybe you have the wrong account?" Chuck asked as we all became perplexed by this new information. 

"There's no way." Nate said, "I accessed this account last month and it said there was almost 200,000 for each of us." I was glad Dan wasn't here, but if he was I suspect he would be:

Nick's cellphone began to ring, and he quickly answered it. "Hey, Tom, Thanks for getting back to me so quickly." Nick said to his family's finance manager, as Nate had explained to me. "Nate and I were checking our accounts, and we came across what we assumed was an error, in that our trust fund seems to have a zero balance." There  was a pause as he listened to Tom's response. "Drained? But by who?" And after I assumed Tom gave his answer, he hung up the phone and turned to us. "Our dad drained our accounts." We all turned to each other wondering what all of this means

This just in: S and B committing a crime of fashion. Who doesn't love a five-finger discount. Especially if it's the middle one. Everyone knows you can't choose your family, but you can choose your friends. And in a world ruled by blood lines and bank accounts, it pays to have a pal. As much as a BFF can make you go WTF, there's no denying we'd be a little less rich without them. And Serena and Blair? They do besties better than anyone. No, that's not a tear in my eye. It's just allergies. Without you, I'm nothing. - Gossip Girl

(A/N: Hey guys. I'm back. I know I've been MIA for a while, but I promise I'm not dead. It's been a combination of writers block and my job and a bunch of other things that have gotten in  the way. But I'm not giving up on this book or any other ones for that matter. It just might take a while for some more than others. But rest assured I will always give these stories the attention that they and you deserve. TTFN, ta-ta for now!)

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

127 1 13
Kitty is a new student in Dulaney Highschool. The same high school that Brittany is in. Brittany felt bad for Kitty since she isn't really that socia...
211K 3.2K 40
Kaitlyn barely remembers her brother Dallas Winston, but now that her grandma who was her caretaker has passed and she has to go back to her dad. Kno...
633K 9.1K 59
Hello upper east siders, Gossip Girl here with the fellow news of our own Blair Waldorf, Serena Van Der Woodson, Chuck Bass, Nate Archibald, Dan Hump...
143 8 22
This is my first Wattpad story and I am very excited to see how it will turn out when I'm done (also part of the first chapter was a vocab assessment...