The Billionaire's Getaway Try...

By miracle-06

Valerie Jones, a 25-year-old copywriter, aspires to be a senior content editor in the advertising world and w... More

~The Billionaire's Getaway Tryst~
~Prologue~
~Chapter 01~
~Chapter 02~
~Chapter 03~
~Chapter 04~
~Chapter 05~
~Chapter 06~
~Chapter 07~
~Chapter 08~
~Chapter 09~
~Chapter 10~
~Chapter 11~
~Chapter 12~
~Chapter 13~
~Chapter 14~
~Chapter 15~
~Chapter 16~
~Chapter 17~
~Chapter 18~
~Chapter 19~
~Chapter 20~
~Chapter 21~
~Chapter 22~
~Chapter 23~
~Chapter 24~
~Chapter 25~
~Chapter 26~
~Chapter 27~
~Chapter 28~
~Chapter 29~
~Chapter 30~
~Chapter 31~
~Chapter 32~
~Chapter 33~
~Chapter 34~
~Chapter 35~
~Chapter 36~
~Chapter 37~
~Chapter 38~
~Chapter 39~
~Chapter 40~
~Chapter 41~
~Chapter 42~
~Chapter 43~
~Chapter 44~
~Chapter 45~
~Chapter 46~
~Chapter 47~
~Chapter 48~
~Chapter 50~
~Chapter 51~
~Epilogue~
~Bonus Chapter~

~Chapter 49~

2.2K 100 91
By miracle-06

Once we were outside the exhibition hall, Skye walked us to some "quieter area" or at least that's what he had told me. He had also asked me to put all my belongings inside the car itself as he did the same. Being a reluctant person when it came to the rain, Skye had asked one of his guards to give me an umbrella. He said that they kept some with them to help him hide from the paparazzi.

Me being me, I held onto the gigantic umbrella over both our heads as we continued walking. The only noises that could be heard were our squelchy shoes and the harsh raindrops.

I don't know why I said that he should show me the fun of being under the rain because every time the drops were landing anywhere on my body, I flinched. Maybe he had influenced my mind but whatever it was, I was regretting saying that.

"Val, let loose," Skye began. "Just imagine this as your art therapy session. Only this time, it's the rain water."

I sighed and nodded my head. I noticed Skye taking us inside what seemed to be a huge football ground. It was completely deserted, not a single human out here in the unrelenting phenomenon.

"Alright, so follow me, okay?" With that said, he stood in front of me, still under the umbrella and began walking backwards, taking slow steps. He was doing that purposely to increase my anxiousness because I was literally crossing my fingers.

I wouldn't say that I hated rain but I've always avoided it because it could never be a pleasant day to get wet before reaching to school, work or anywhere for that matter. Maybe that's what stuck with me even today.

Skye stretched out his arms at his side as he spun on his heel to get outside the shade of the umbrella and began getting drenched on the spot. Turning back around to face me, he began tap dancing and damn did he know what he was doing.

His blonde hair was sticking on his forehead, making him exude that boyish aura. His eyes were sparkling like two glistening diamonds because of those tiny, little droplets caught on by his lashes. His thick sweater was sagging but nothing seemed to bother him.

With a smile that showed his perfect teeth, he quickly did a spin while standing on his left leg before doing a sleek moonwalk.

That certainly brought a laugh out of me. "Now you're just showing off!" I rolled my eyes with a smile plastered on my lips.

"Of course, I am! Come on, babe, join me," he called out to me against the loud rainfall and winked when he saw my mouth agape.

I was astounded when he referred to me as "babe". It was as if he was becoming more and more open with me by using the endearments like "sweetheart" and "babe". "I am not so sure…" I trailed off, biting my lip.

I saw him exhaling loudly before he made his way toward me with a stern countenance. As soon as he saw my hesitance, he jogged up to me and took my free hand in his hand while he placed the other on the one holding the umbrella.

I felt him tugging the umbrella and with trembling hands, I let it go. Skye still held it above my head, waiting for my approval. I nodded my head as I blew out air through my lips. "Okay," I hushed out a whisper.

He need not be told twice as he swiftly put down the umbrella. Holding both my hands, he stood in front of me and continued staring at me.

The pressure of the rain made my eyes flutter and squint before I completely closed them. I pursed my lips as I could feel my clothes getting all soaked. The irritational itch to throw them off and get into the soft comfort of my robe was too much that I literally shivered.

"Who would have known that the determined, competitive Valerie Jones is scared of something like the rain?" He teased, bumping his shoulder with mine.

"Urgh, now you're just emotionally swaying me," I gritted through clenched teeth with my eyes still closed.

"Open your eyes," he commanded but it wasn't in a forcible way because there was a tinge of request in it.

Obliging, I blinked open my eyes, the rain mercilessly beating against the ground. Untangling his fingers from mine, he came to stand beside me. I tilted my head, giving him a befuddled look. "What are you doing?" 

He gave me a sidelong glance and wiped his face with his hands but it was no use because it was wet again within seconds. "Copy me." His gait was like that of a Charlie Chaplin and he took one step forward, tipping his head for me to do the same.

I wanted to laugh at him but I was worried about catching some droplets in my mouth so I obediently mimicked his actions. Soon enough, we were both walking around like we were in a comedy theatre play. By that moment, I had literally forgotten about all the "feeling conscious" thoughts. I was laughing and shouting without any care in the world. I was wrong, so wrong about the rain all this time. It was awesome, it was fun and it definitely was what Skye had defined.

We were both dancing in the rain like two doofus but even that didn't bother me. Even if it was really dark, it felt like I was bathing in colors. Colors of fun because I was not being calculative for once.

There was a small puddle of water and I ran toward it. As I put both my feet in it, I jumped once and squealed happily as if a newborn baby discovered what walking is like. "Skye, come here!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

Sprinting the few steps in my direction, he was inside the puddle as well. We both began jumping in synchronization, splashing the muddy water on each other. Just then, Skye was doing something really funny by trying to pull off a smouldering gaze and putting his hands on his waist while staring off into space. He was trying to do the Superman pose. He pulled it off, he really did but for some reason, his smoulder made me release a hysterical laughter. I slapped my knees, making me lose my balance because of the slippery ground and before I could stop myself, I fell down ungraciously.

"Ouch," I muttered but I was caught on by another fit of giggles. "This is funny! Everything is so funny!" I was about to lay back after closing my eyes but I felt two strong arms circling around my waist. My eyes snapped open to see Skye crouching in front of me with a raised brow.

"Have you been secretly drinking?" He questioned, his face so close to mine.

"No." I grinned. "It's just that when I am overly happy after being sad, I tend to act like that. Just a coping mechanism, don't mind me." I chuckled sheepishly, waving a hand like I was fanning myself. "Plus it's a sign that I am… PMSing."

"Oh." He blew out his cheeks with a soft smile. "Let's go under a shade. I am pretty sure, you'll catch a cold in some time," he said apologetically, scratching his cheek. "I just got carried away, jeez…" It was like the last sentence was him talking to himself.

Taking the discarded umbrella lying around, we both hurried toward the bleachers, thankful for the roof above and heaved once we sat down on the seats. It was still raining and I felt nostalgic. Even though getting all soaked under the rain had never been on my bucket list, watching the water pellets throwing themselves against my window was always worth watching as a kid. I remember drawing shapes and weird patterns once the fog would accumulate.

"You know, I've always admired rain from inside my house, under a proper shelter but today? Today you've shown me-" I sneezed all of a sudden before sniffling. Taking Skye's handkerchief from my pocket embarrassedly, I covered my nose. "I am sor-"

"Shit, this isn't good." He placed his palm on my forehead. "Are you-"

"Skye." I whined. "I am fine," I assured him, taking his hand from my forehead and holding it. "Worry about me once we're done spending time with each other."

He just shook his head with a pursed smile. "Gotcha, captain!" He gave me a two finger salute.

"Yeah, so I was saying… today, you've made me realize that it's just as beautiful as it is when you're looking at it with so many barriers. Or maybe even more so."

"True. Like they say, sometimes all you gotta do is just take a leap. Take one step ahead and the magic is awaiting you," he added, getting all deep but it was cute because it suited him so much.

Holding his bicep with my hands, I rested my head on his shoulder. "I need magic in its literal form," I said, pulling his leg. "Just kidding," I added when he didn't say anything.

This time it was Skye who let out a series of sneezes and I looked up at him with concern. "Sorry, I didn't say anything because the pre-sneezing moment is the-" He sneezed again. "-worst," he mumbled, sighing.

I guffawed before we went back to peacefully watching the rain. Since it was quiet and we were alone, I asked him what I'd been meaning to ask him since we were inside the exhibition hall. "So… is there a reason as to why you'd put up your carvings for the exhibition?"

"Well," he started, taking my cold hand in his. "The reason I didn't go back to my position of being the CEO is because I talked to my dad a few days ago. We had a good talk, bonded a lot more than we have over the years. He… understood and I am deciding to open a shop for my wood carvings if I get some positive feedback from this exhibition. I am really happy, Val. I feel so… good. I feel like I am building my own empire, my own foundation. I don't wanna be referred to as the "prodigal son" anymore. I wanna be known as Skylar Nolan Williams."

"So you shall!" I boomed in a deep "Zeus" like voice. "No but seriously, I am so happy for you that things are starting to work out for you. I can actually feel the vibrations of your happiness and it's only been the first day." I kissed his cheek affectionately. "I am so proud of you, Skylar Nolan Williams."

He was stumped for a second when I had pecked on his cheek but recovered quickly when I had uttered the last statement. "And I know, I don't say this but I am infinitely proud of you too, Valerie Jones. Wait, what's your middle name again?"

I laughed at him but shook my head with exaggeration. "No can do, you sneak."

Skye began shaking his head too vigorously which made the water droplets in his wet hair sprinkle on me.

"Now, now, Skye, you'll have to try harder than that!" I laughed, flinching away from his "water spraying" moment because my words made him do it again. "Stop it!" I couldn't stop laughing even when he finally relented.

I thought that he had stopped for good but he did it again. I wanted to push him away but his eyes were squinted and his nose was wrinkled in an adorable way, like cooing a baby. "Fine then, I'll keep your middle name as sweetheart." He smirked.

"Sweetheart works just fine for me," I spoke in a deep, husky voice, trying to sound "sexy" per say.

That made him laugh out incredulously and he flicked my forehead. "You're such a tease."

"If you think so then I have something to ask you."

"What is it?" He asked, leaning back as if my question would be about the weather. As if we didn't already know that it was raining.

Clearing my throat, I hopped up and stood in front of him like a comic character. "Okay." I cleared my throat again and shifted a bit because the congested space was making me nervous. It was as if it took its moment to crawl on my body to scare me. I fisted my hand in front of me to pretend to hold a microphone. "Okay… Skylar handsome Nolan Williams, will you be my boyfriend?" As soon as I said that, I held out my fake microphone toward him shakily.

Skye's eyes popped out of their sockets hearing that and he straightened up almost immediately. "You…"

"I, yes, asked you that," I said to him, still holding out my fist for him.

Wrapping his hand around my wrist, he pulled me down on his lap. My breath was knocked out of my chest as he narrowed his eyes at me. "I was gonna ask you that," he murmured in my ear and those pleasurable tingles squirmed their way onto my cold body.

"Well you were taking your sweetest little time so I took the matters into my own hands," I whispered against his cheek because our position seemed like we were hugging each other.

He put his hands on my cheeks to pull me in for a kiss. His wet hair matted against my forehead, tickling me. I smiled against the kiss and it felt so good. He coaxed my lips open with his own and soon enough, our tongues entangled together. It wasn't a battle or anything but a soft sensation of being one through that simple action.

I pulled away, breathing heavily and feeling flushed to see him doing the same. "I'll take that as a yes," I rasped out and grinned wider to see his hooded eyes.

"It's definitely a yes, sweetheart." And with that, his lips were back on mine in an instant. I didn't waste another second either as I wrapped my arms around his neck to get closer to him.

Skye was free from the shackles. I was back to work where I love the most. It was raining. We were kissing. And we're together. What more could I ask for?

--------------

By the end of the night, Skye and I were laughing and smiling even when our cheeks and stomachs hurt. The pain was more than bearable because our happiness was enough to overpower it.

I had asked Skye to come to my apartment to watch a movie and spend as much time as we could together.

With smiling lips like that of a stupid baboon, I admired our entwined hands as we silently stood inside the elevator. The soft ding brought me out of my world and we both exited it like two best friends having their first sleepover. We were walking down the hallway toward my apartment when Skye suddenly stopped.

I halted in my tracks as well to see him patting his pockets with his free hand. "I think I forgot to bring my phone. It's in the car, I'll be right back," he told me.

I nodded my head and he turned around to go back inside the elevator. I decided to be on my way and wait inside the comforts of my apartment because even though I was sort of dry, I still felt cold.

Once in front of my apartment door, I rummaged through my bag for my keys when my gaze absent-mindedly fell on my door that was slightly… ajar? My hands paused immediately as my heart began thumping in fear.

Goosebumps were starting to creep up on my arms and on the back of my neck because I vaguely remembered locking the door on my way out. My eyes darted everywhere around me and from left to right, my feet shuffled with panic.

I was breathing through open lips because this has never happened to me before. I looked down at the flower pot to the side of my door and slightly heaved it up to see my spare key missing. It was a predictable place to hide but it was more for myself than a "supposed trespasser". Who would have known that someone would come to this building and sneak inside my apartment out of all the apartments?

With a brave heart, I opened the door to see the light seeping through my living room. I took the stick that I had kept right next to my door. It was the same one Shivaay had given to us as a safety weapon from now on. Even in the hospital bed, he was being dramatic by saying that his last wish in the hospital bed was that he wanted us all to keep one with us.

Tonight, I was more than thankful for having it. I headed toward my living room with cautious steps and inhaled a sharp breath just when I was outside it.

I gulped thickly and held onto my confidence as well as the stick tightly before walking inside. However I let out a breath of relief when I stared at the familiar face of… Ms. Maxwell. What didn't sit well with me though was what was she doing here without informing me?

"Ms. Maxwell?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

616K 17.1K 40
Natalia Fuller has had a difficult upbringing in her early adolescence but she has learned to come out strong. As a result, she has a wonderful full...
578K 22.3K 30
Summer Worthington doesn't hate her corporate job, per se. It's her god-awful boss, Mr. Griffin - or, as her roommates like to call him, Mr. Grouchy...
317K 10.6K 30
Loretta Green(Lori for short) is beautiful and smart and fresh out of college. She isn't proud of choices she's made in the past, but is looking forw...