๐…๐š๐ญ๐ž'๐ฌ ๐†๐š๐ฆ๐žโ”ƒ๐™๐™ง๐™š๐™™...

By _Mini_Padfoot_

Rubina Aurora Black will be attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for her third year of educat... More

Author's Note
๐•ฎ๐–†๐–˜๐–™
Chapter 1: A Dream Come True
Chapter 2: An Encounter With A Stranger
Chapter 3: Uninvited
Chapter 4: A Whole New World
Chapter 5: The Sorting Ceremony
Chapter 6: The First Day Of Classes
Chapter 7: Sneaking Around After Dark
Chapter 8: Peace and Quiet
Chapter 10: Hogsmeade
Chapter 11: A New Friend
Chapter 12: Unexpected Turn Of Events
Chapter 13: Puddings And Pies
Chapter 14: First Quidditch Match
Chapter 15: The Worst
Chapter 16: Suspicions
Chapter 17: The Mysterious Gift
Chapter 18: The Confrontation On Christmas
Chapter 19: The Tragic Truth
Chapter 20: He's Just A Friend
Chapter 21: Promise
Chapter 22: Padfoot & Godfather
Chapter 23: The News
Chapter 24: Gryffindor Versus Ravenclaw
Chapter 25: The Prisoner's Visit
Chapter 26: Date With Diggory
Chapter 27: Feelings For Him?
Chapter 28: The Marauder's Origin
Chapter 29: Padfoot's Tale
Chapter 30: Exams And What Not?
Chapter 31: Snivellus
Chapter 32: The True Colours Of The Rat
Chapter 33: The Full Moon's Play
Chapter 34: Farewell
Chapter 35: Aunt and Nephew
Chapter 36: Shocking Reveal
Chapter 37: A Different Birthday
Chapter 38: Late Night Secrets
Chapter 39: Mayhem at the Quidditch Cup
Chapter 40: Back To Hogwarts
Chapter 41: The Triwizard Tournament
Chapter 42: Mad-Eye Moody and the Blond Ferret
Chapter 43: A Message from Dadfoot
Chapter 44: The Goblet of Fire
Chapter 45: The Fourth Champion
Chapter 46: The Love of his Life
Chapter 47: Harry Potter Ends Up In Trouble... Again
Chapter 48: Discussing Feelings
Chapter 49: Books and Dadfoot
Chapter 50: The First Task
Chapter 51: Waiting For Him
Chapter 52: The Yule Ball
Chapter 53: Everything is just Perfect
Chapter 54: His Girl

Chapter 9: A Connection

334 19 53
By _Mini_Padfoot_

A few days had passed since the incident with Malfoy. We had Potions with Snape before, and now we were in the staff-room with Professor Lupin, for our first practical lesson. In front of the class was an old wardrobe, which jolted all of a sudden, starling a few as they jumped.

"Nothing to worry about, it's just a Boggart, they like dark, enclosed shapes. Now, may someone answer my question on what is a Boggart?"

To no one's surprise, Hermione's hand shot straight into the air, but I knew the answer too, so I raised my hand. Professor Lupin first looked at Hermione, but seeing my hand his gaze landed on me. He looked at me in a peculiar way, before asking me.

"Miss.Black, is it?" He asked. I nodded before saying,

"Boggarts are shape-shifters. It will take shape of whatever a certain individual fears the most."

"Couldn't have put it better myself. You have to force it to become something you find amusing, and add a good laugh to finish it off. Now let me teach you the spell to counter a Boggart. Repeat after me, Riddikulus!"

"Riddikulus!"

"Good! Now Neville, come here." He said, beckoning Neville forward. He whispered something into Neville's ear, before Lupin pulled out his wand and jet of light shot towards the wardrobe, opening it. Out came Professor Snape, I sniggered. Snape was making his way towards Neville, when there was a cry.

"Riddikulus!" In a flash, Snape was wearing a vulture topped hat, with a long green dress and a bright red handbag in his hand.

The class burst out into laughter, as we formed a line facing the Boggart, one by one. As the line in front of me shortened, I became a bit nervous, on how the class would react seeing my fear.

Sooner than I'd hoped, it was my turn. The laughter died out once again, and the Boggart started changing it's form. Before I could process what was happening, there stood a man in front of me. He was wearing shaggy robes, had messy, black hair that reached just above his shoulders, and his face was pale.

The Boggart assumed the form of none other than Sirius Black.

The class gasped. I raised my wand, my hand starting to shake. Sirius started taking steps towards me.

"We're family. You're related to me Rubina." It said. My voice shook as I spoke.

"N-no, we're-we're not." I said quietly. My vision was starting to blur, tears were threatening to fall.

"No Rubina. We're related. You're related to me, Sirius Black. A mass murderer."

I couldn't take it any more, so I mustered up the remaining energy in me, and yelled.

"Riddikulus!" Sirius Black was replaced with a dog chasing its tail, running around in circles. I looked around to see Professor Lupin staring at me, with pure shock on his face. It looked like he wanted to say something, but thought better not to. I smiled looking at the dog, before turning back. 

As I headed towards the back of the room, I heard murmurs as people looked at me. Keeping my head down, I kept going, not wanting to push the matter any further.

***

"Rubina!" I snapped out of my thoughts.

"What is it?" I asked Fred.

"What's wrong? You haven't been talking today." The other two nodded in agreement.

"Yeah Rubina, we're friends. You can tell us." George added.

"It's nothing." I said, while standing up. "I'm going to go to bed early today." Without another word, I left the Great Hall.

I was lost in my thoughts once more, that I was mindlessly walking and I bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going." I froze looking up to meet the eyes of Professor Lupin. After today's lesson, he was one of the last people I wanted to talk to.

"No worries." He said, but after a while he added. "You want to come to my office?" Feeling it would be rude to turn down the offer, I said.

"Sure." I followed him along into his classroom, and then into his office. He gestured for me to take a seat. I sat down, not meeting his eyes.

"I've been meaning to talk to you actually." I went rigid, knowing he was going to question me about the incident in class today.

"What is it, Professor?" I asked in a low voice.

"What's your mother's name?" I looked up at him in surprise.

"Oh. Her name's Fiona Black." The color drained from Lupin's face.

"F-Fiona? Fiona Black?"

"Yes, but if it isn't rude to ask. How come you're looking kind of startled right now?" After a while, regaining himself, he answered my question.

"Well, I knew your mother. We haven't been in contact for the past years. We were good friends at school actually. Ever since I saw you, there was something familiar about you but I couldn't quite place my finger on it." I found this astonishing, as Mum had never mentioned any of her friends from Hogwarts.

"And, what's your father's name?"

"Oh, well, his name was Daniel Black." I watched him sitting there, looking like he was trying to connect some dots.

"When you say, was, does that mean..." His voice trailed off, but I understood what he was implying.

"He passed away when I turned just over one."

"I'm sorry to hear that. So tell me a bit more about your parents."

"Well, my Mum was in Gryffindor, and she was pretty good at Transfiguration, but you probably already know that. My Dad was a Muggle and a friend of my Mum's. They fell in love while Mum was completing her sixth year at Hogwarts. In 1979, they both married and had me in 1980. A few months after my first birthday, my Dad passed away. I've tried asking Mum more about my Dad, but she gets very touchy about the topic, so I don't push it." I looked at Professor Lupin, and there was shock all over his face, like something big had been revealed and he couldn't quite process it.

"On, um, I don't know what to say. I knew your mother but not your father. I'm sorry to hear that he's passed away." We sat in a bit more silence before he spoke again. "So did your Boggart turn into Sirius Black," I stiffened, "because your last name is the same as his?"

"Y-Yes, Professor. Ever since the news came out in the summer that he escaped, I've been afraid of people connecting my surname to his. I don't want to be associated with a murderer."

"I understand. Well it was nice having a conversation with you. Now, I think you should head back to your common room, it's almost curfew. Thank you for spending some of your time with me." Feeling as if a big weight had been lifted off my chest, I replied with a smile.

"No problem, Professor." He returned a weak smile.

***

It's Saturday, the first weekend I'm spending at school. Once again, I woke up early, since I couldn't sleep again I got ready and went down into the common room.

I sat there for a few minutes in silence, when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I jumped, startled.

"Whoa woman calm down, it's me!" I turned around to meet Fred's warm eyes, who looked like he was trying his hardest not to laugh.

"Why would you creep up on someone like that?" It came out a bit harsh, and I could see the hurt reflected on Fred's face. "Sorry."

"It's alright." He sat down beside me. His expression turned more soft.

"What's wrong?"

"N-Nothing." He didn't stop at my answer though.

"Is it because of the Boggart incident?" My eyes widened as I looked at him.

"How did you find out?" I asked, the shock reflected in my voice.

"Well, word spread about the lesson with Lupin. Man, I can't believe Neville's Boggart was Snape, and then Snape in Neville's grandmother's clothes. That must have been hilarious, I can't believe I missed it!"

"Yeah, it was funny, but Snape has been giving Neville an even harder time now. Poor thing." Fred looked at me nervously before continuing.

"Well, word also spread about your Boggart." I winced, knowing I would have to tell him. "And, you've been a bit stressed since then, so is that what's been bothering you?"

"Yeah. Since the summer, I've been afraid of coming to Hogwarts and people calling me his daughter or something. That's why I went so quiet when George asked me on the train if I was related to Sirius Black. Now that people have heard about my Boggart, they have been whispering and pointing, so it won't be long before someone says it to my face." Fred gave me a sympathetic smile.

"Well, I don't think that, and even if you two were related, I wouldn't have left your side. I'm friends with you because of the wonderful person you are." Those words wiped all the worry away, and I smiled at him, this time for real. Without realizing what I was doing, I wrapped my arms around him, hugging him. He was a bit taken aback at first but then he hugged me back.

"Thank you." I whispered.

"No problem." And we might have stayed like that for some time, because we heard someone clear their throat. We broke apart to see Lee and George smirking at us.

"What are you two doing?" George asked with a grin.

"I was feeling a bit down, and Fred here was comforting me. That's all, so don't get any wrong ideas." I said while pointing my finger at George with a playful glare. I looked around to see that the common room was still empty, except for a couple of first years in the corner.

"I'm heading off to the Great Hall now for breakfast." I started towards the portrait hole before I glanced back.

"See you later boys." I said playfully. They smiled back at me and I made my way out. After the talk with Fred, I felt better, way better then when I had talked to Lupin. I joyfully walked, practically skipping, now that I knew my friends wouldn't abandon me, and I knew that from now the friendship would only grow. I couldn't wait for the amazing year ahead.

Hey!

I wasn't sure how to close the chapter, so it sounds pretty bad there.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HARRY JAMES POTTER!!!! The lives of Potterheads would be so different if we weren't introduced to The Boy Who Lived and his magical world!! 

Have a good day fellow Potterheads!! :)

Mini-Padfoot

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.2K 1.4K 12
The war has merely just begun for Anna and she will do anything to protect those she cares about even if it cost her, her life. The Golden Trio set o...
173K 5.5K 26
Now living with her father and uncle things are slowly getting better for Anna until school begins and there is a new DADA professor. With Voldemorts...
73.3K 1.7K 76
Sara Finnigan, the older sister of Seamus, is in her seventh and final year at Hogwarts. As she and her two best friends, Oliver Wood and Percy Weasl...
674K 33.4K 24
โ†ณ โ [ ILLUSION ] โž โ” yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader โ” yandere helluva boss x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, a powerful d...