Forever | ✓

By AlwaysLostInWords

#11 in Romance - 15.02.2020 ...Sequel to Always. Love's a fool. That was something Serena had learnt a long... More

A/N
Prologue
1. Worst Date Ever
2. Spilt Coffee
3. Happy
4. Small World
5. Him
6. Gone
7. Content
8. A Partnership
9. Fiancé
10. Resolution
11. Invited
12. Birthday Plans
13. Magic
14. Enchanted Party
15. Just Like You
16. Double Date
17. The Dinner
18. Live
19. Julie
20. Friends
21. Exhibition
22. Smile
23. Thoughts
24. Progress
25. Reception
26. Lola
27. Slip Away
28. Okay
29. Peace
30. Hold On
31. Trip
32. Home
33. Her
34. Leap
35. A Fort
36. Fireworks
37. About Last Night
38. Circles
39. Avoiding Him
40. Bad Liar
41. Confession
42. Realisation
43. You
44. A New Year
46. Valentine
47. Hope
48. Sugar
49. Bliss
50. Sunrise
51. Scared
Epilogue - Forever (Part I)
Epilogue - Forever (Part II)
Epilogue - Forever (Part III)
Epilogue - Forever (Part IV)
Author's Note
Bonus Chapter - Hey, Neighbour

45. Sweet Dreams

7.7K 222 15
By AlwaysLostInWords

Serena

"Liam! Hurry up!"

I didn't understand how he could be taking longer to get ready than both Bea and I. We had both been sitting in the living room waiting for him and yet there was no sign of him.

"Yeah, daddy! Hurry up!" Bea yelled out.

I laughed at her actions and she grinned at me. I picked her up and placed her on my lap.

"Oh, you are so my girl," I said, kissing her cheek.

We were getting ready to go to Sara and Danny's apartment. She had given birth yesterday to a beautiful, little baby boy.

I had been at the hospital, especially since Danny seemed to be freaking out when he called me and also asked if he needed some kind of documents. I had no clue what he meant by that - but then he just asked me to bring balloons to the hospital.

There were so many questions on my mind at that moment but I just put them aside and did what he asked me to do. I think he just needed someone to hold his hand and tell him it'll be fine, whilst he held Sara's and said the same.

It was also the most amount of emotion I've seen him display.

This morning, we were going over to their apartment to decorate before they would come home from the hospital. Chris and Miguel were going to meet us there as well.

All the decorations were with us and packed, yet we hadn't left.

Liam finally walked into the living room, strapping on his watch and looking at both Bea and I with raised brow.

"This isn't exactly fair," he said. "How are you both double teaming against me?"

"Because we are a team," I replied.

"Duh," Bea added and I grinned.

"My little munchkin," I cooed at her, hugging her tightly.

When I looked up at Liam, I saw through the smile he was trying to hide. He shook his head at me and I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Aren't we getting late now?" He asked, raising a brow.

I laughed at his tone. "You sound a little sour," I commented.

Bea held out a mini chocolate bar that I had given her. "Have some chocolate," she smiled innocently at Liam.

I couldn't help but laugh at her actions. I was sure in her mind, she assumed Liam had actually had something sour and now she was trying to give him something sweet.

Liam narrowed his eyes at me. "Let's go," he said, grabbing the bags.

I followed behind him, holding Bea's hand and still laughing, whilst she looked between the two of us in confusion.

***

"Finally, you're here!" Miguel exclaimed as we walked through the door.

"Sorry. Liam was taking his time," I said.

He looked at me straight away, whilst I just gave him a cheeky grin. It was really fun just getting on his nerves.

"I had to change. I got coffee on my shirt," Liam told the other two.

They chuckled his exasperated look, as did I.

"Okay, I have everything here. Pick your weapon," I told everyone, opening the bags we had brought in.

We didn't want to overdo the decorations, since it was probably going to be annoying to have things hanging around with the baby, but wanted to at least to a little something.

"I'm on balloon duty," Chris immediately said, taking them from the bag.

Bea walked towards him. "Can I help?" She asked him.

He smiled at her. "Of course, you can," he told her and the two of them teamed up to handle that responsibility.

"I'll hang up the banner and place the gifts and teddies," Miguel spoke up, taking the items from the bag.

I looked at Liam. "That leaves us with the streamers," I said and he nodded, grabbing them for me.

As I stood up on the step ladder, twisting the streamers to make sure they look pretty, Liam stood behind him, keeping on hand on the step ladder and the other, holding the opposite end of the streamer.

"Are you sure Danny will be okay with me being here?" He asked.

I looked at him and nodded. "For the third time, yes."

"He doesn't like me very much," Liam replied, a frown on his face.

"But he loves me, so it's fine," I shrugged.

"Wow, you didn't even try denying it," Liam said. When I looked at Liam, he almost looked like he wanted to laugh.

I placed a hand against he cheek. "He'll warm up to you."

Liam leaned into my hand. "Sure," he said, although it was a little unconvincing.

I knew this was something that Liam worried about and although I would never tell him this, it wasn't a crazy thought. Danny wasn't exactly his biggest fan. After all that happened in high school and then after, it hasn't painted the best impression of Liam.

Whilst I had forgiven him and we were trying to make this work, dating each other now, Danny was protective of me and it would take a moment for the ice to thaw.

"Careful hanging it up," Liam said, as I moved up on the top step of the ladder.

"I'm always careful," I smiled at him.

I reached up and realised that where I wanted to place the streamer, I couldn't exactly reach. Instead of just asking Liam, who was taller, I felt like I could manage it. It wasn't that great of a distance.

Holding onto the step ladder with one hand, I tiptoed on the corner of the step trying to get the streamer to the right place.

The ladder suddenly lifted on one side and I let out a little yelp, however thankfully not falling.

"Rena," Liam held onto my waist, maintaining my balance and holding the ladder with his other hand.

I looked at him with an innocent expression. "Oops?"

He did not look impressed.

"Are you okay?" Bea asked.

I turned to smile at her and nodded. "I'm fine, sweetheart."

"Yeah, she's definitely okay," Miguel commented, although there was something suggestive in his tone.

"Don't," I told him and he laughed.

When I turned to look at Liam again, he still didn't look as happy. Instead, he took the streamers from me and with one arm around my waist, he picked me up from the ladder and placed me down onto the ground.

"I'll hang these up," he said and began to do it himself.

Did I just get fired from streamer duty? Rude.

***

Sara and Danny had returned from the hospital not too long ago, along with baby Hugo in their arms.

He was such a cute little thing, wrapped in his blue baby blanket. He was tiny and wrinkly, but so adorable, with a what seemed like quite a think head of hair for a baby.

We were all currently in the bedroom, fawning over the baby who slept peacefully in his cot.

"You okay, bumblebee?" I asked her, as she seemed to be staring at the baby with a smile on her face.

"He's so tiny," Bea whispered.

"You were once this tiny as well," Liam smiled at her.

Bea's eyes widened. "Really?" She asked and when Liam nodded she looked shocked. "Whoa," she said, looking back at the baby.

I don't think she understood that she was once a baby as well.

"Uh, cupcake," Danny patted my shoulder. "Can I borrow you for a second?" He asked.

"Sure," I nodded.

We both walked out of the room and into the kitchen.

"What's up?" I asked.

"I need your opinion," Danny said. His use of minimal words really bothered me at times.

"On?" I asked, hoping that he would elaborate.

"A push present," he replied.

I wasn't even sure he'd said a real thing. "A what?" I asked.

Danny rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "Apparently when your Mrs gives birth, you give them some kind of present."

I hadn't heard of that before, but it sounded so sweet when he said it. I wasn't even sure where he'd heard it from.

"Oh, that's cute," I smiled.

"It's expensive," Danny retorted and I laughed.

"Well, she deserves it," I said. After going through labour pains, I assume she deserved the world. "So, what did you get her?"

Danny turned and opened one of the tall cupboards in the kitchen, taking out a small velvet box. He then opened it and held it out in front of me.

"That's really pretty, Danny," I smiled.

Inside the box was a beautiful ring. It was a gold band with a red gem in the middle.

"It's Hugo's birthstone apparently," Danny smiled.

I looked at him with an amused smile. "Birthstone?" I asked.

It was a really sweet idea, it's just I never thought words like "push present" or "birth stone" would be coming from Danny. He either did research for this or spoke to someone.

"I know," he chuckled. "I don't recognise myself anymore."

"She'll love it, Danny," I placed a hand on his arm. "She may even cry happy tears."

He smiled back with a nod, before hiding the ring away again.

"How does it feel to be a Dad?" I asked.

"Scary," Danny immediately responded. "I had it all prepared in my mind but now that she's here, I'm terrified."

"Of?" I questioned.

"Myself. Her. Everything," he listed.

"You're going to be an amazing Dad," I told Danny honestly, placing a hand over his and giving it a squeeze. "I mean you're one half of my surrogate parent and I think you're awesome."

He laughed at my words and then nudged my side. "Thank you."

It was quite sweet that a brooding man like Danny would worry about something like this. I knew that he'd read all the book and I assumed he was prepared, but I guess there was always a fear you wouldn't be up to task.

"You could always ask Liam if you're uncertain about things," I mentioned.

I ran my finger over the counter top innocently, hoping that he would understand what I was trying to imply.

"I'll keep that in mind," he replied, although it was a little stiff.

"It'll mean a lot to me if you dislike him a little less," I said, pinching my thumb and index finger together, leaving a small gap in-between.

Danny looked at me and closed that gap a little more, after which I smacked his hand away, causing him to laugh.

"When I'm sure of him, I will," he said. I sighed, but nodded anyway, knowing it will take some time. "How is going with you both?" Danny asked.

"He makes me smile," I replied, one already making it way onto my lips.

"I can see that," Danny nodded, crossing his arms. "I hope he keeps you that way. I don't want to have to hurt him."

I nodded, know that he wasn't joking in the slightest.

We both walked back into the bedroom, where Sara was now holding the baby in her arms, and Bea was sat next to her, Miguel on the other side.

"Finally," Sara said, looking at Danny and I. "What were you to gossiping about?"

"You," I replied.

She narrowed her eyes. "Rude."

The old Sara would have thrown something at me, but luckily with Hugo in her arms, she couldn't do that.

"We should probably get going and leave you guys to it," Chris spoke up. "You must be exhausted."

"So exhausted," Sara sighed, throwing her head back dramatically, before looking back down at her baby. "I think he stole all my energy. Look at him so peaceful."

"But so adorable," I told her.

"I know," she said, proudly.

I looked at Danny, who rolled his eyes, but a smile on his face.

"We should go too," Liam said and then looked at me. I nodded at him in agreement, knowing that the new parents needed some time alone and much needed sleep.

"Let us know if you need anything," I told them.

"We will," Danny hugged me.

"Say bye to everyone, Hugo." Sara said, taking one of her little arms to wave at us.

"Bye bye, Hugo." Bea waved, as Liam held her.

"Bye, Bea," Sara directed a waved towards her.

The funny part about it, was that Hugo was sound asleep.

***

By the time we reached Liam's place, I think we were all exhausted, or at least I definitely was.

I had been at the hospital for hours yesterday and then up early today, and now all I wanted to do was sleep. Bea seemed to have the right idea, being carried by Liam and looked half-awake as she rested her head on his shoulder.

As soon as he put her down, she let out a yawn.

"Can I go nap?" She asked, rubbing her eyes.

Liam smiled, taking her jacket. "Of course, sweetheart."

"Thank you," she grinned and then walked towards me, tugging on my hand. I crouched down in front of her and she hugged me. "Bye Serena. I'm going to go nap."

I laughed at her words, giving her a hug and then kissed her cheek. "I'll see you later, okay?"

"Okay," Bea replied, waving and then ran off to her room I presumed.

When I stood up and turned to Liam, he was already looking at me with a smile.

"I'll see you later as well then?" I said.

His smile quickly falter and morphed into what looked like a panicked look, his brows furrowing together.

"Wait, are you really going?" He asked.

Did he think I was joking?

"Yeah," I nodded. "I'm going back to mine. I'm so tired, Liam. I want to get some sleep."

"Then sleep here?" Liam blurted out.

There was a pause after he spoke, he looked like he didn't really mean to say that out loud.

"What?" I asked.

"Just sleep," he said. "Nothing else."

I smiled nervously, not entirely sure how to respond to that. "I don't-"

"I mean, you're tired and you want to sleep. It'll exhaust you more if you go back. You can sleep here instead and I'll take the couch," Liam responded.

He made a viable case and I was tired, I guess it wasn't an awful idea to stay here for a couple of hours. I had fallen asleep on Liam's shoulder before, although that was unintentional.

"Okay," I said.

Liam smiled, leading me towards his room. I hadn't ever been in his room before, weirdly. I had been over to his apartment a few times, but since I didn't have a reason to be in here, I never wondered.

His room now looked a lot different to when he was younger, there were no framed jerseys hung up or other sports memorabilia. Not even a dirty pile of clothes in the corner.

Liam took a blanket from the closet and then walked to the bed. "Just let me grab a pillow and-"

I held his wrist, halting his movements. "I trust you enough to be in the same bed and not do anything."

It was sweet that he would willing move to the sofa so that I was uncomfortable, but I knew that he wouldn't do anything to make me feel that way.

I knew that I had said that I wasn't sure of what he felt for me, but didn't mean that I trusted him any less. He was a good guy and I knew that, or we wouldn't even be where we are today.

"If you're sure?" Liam asked.

"I am," I said.

I shrugged off my jacket and shoes, whilst Liam did the same and we crawled into bed, facing each other.

My hands were tucked under my pillow, as were his.

I wasn't sure how he felt, but I suddenly felt a little awkward by the reality of the situation. I was sharing a bed with Liam, for the first time. Even if were were only going to sleep, it still made me a little nervous.

"You looked really cute when you were holding the baby," Liam smiled. "The faces you were making."

"I've always wondered what babies think when adults do that," I said.

He laughed. "They probably wonder why they're doing that with their face and also, who is this person."

"I'm so happy for them," I said. "They're going to be such great parents."

There was no doubt in my mind about that. Both Sara and Danny were both so full of heart, I knew they'd be great with a baby.

"And you as a godparent," Liam added.

"I hope so," I said.

"You will," he replied, adamantly. "I see you with Bea and you're so amazing, as a godparent you'll be just as, if not even better."

"No pressure then," I laughed.

I didn't think of myself as someone who would be great with kids. I didn't even understand how Bea and I seemed to have formed a bond, but I loved that we had. Now, I hoped my goddaughter would feel the same.

When my laughter stopped, I found Liam looking at me with a warm smile on his face.

Suddenly, I felt conscious.

Was there something on my face? Or worse, on my teeth?

"What?" I asked.

He shook his head, but annoyingly still smiling to himself. "Nothing," he replied.

"Tell me," I pushed at his shoulder. I didn't like how it seemed like he knew something that I didn't.

"It's nothing," he replied.

"Liam."

"Rena."

I narrowed my eyes at him and then turned around, my back turned towards him, annoyed at him. I know it was petty, but why couldn't he just tell me?

Closing my eyes, I frowned to myself.

Suddenly, I felt an around around my waist and I was pulled back against Liam's chest.

I didn't react, pretending that I was asleep.

Liam pulled me close and I felt him lean in towards my ear.

"You're so pretty when you laugh," he whispered, kissing my temple, before lying back down, but keeping his arm around my waist.

I couldn't stop the grin that spread across my face, even when I tried to bite my lip, and placed a hand on this arm.

"Sweet dreams," I told him.

"Always," Liam replied.

***

Hope you liked the read :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

409 20 19
"All week, you've been on my mind, and I can't make it go away. Finally, after suffering in silence for so long at the thought of your lips, your lau...
503K 15.6K 49
"Kara, you're my best friend right?" "Umm yeah?" "You'd do anything for me, right?" "As long as it doesn't involve 10 years in prison, yeah." "Be my...
507 67 33
'Nia got a time travel Christmas wish to get back her love. Can she fix her past before it's too late?' Nia and Sam. Friends since 5th Grade. Fell in...
48.7K 1K 37
I would bet none of you have ever had that dream summer that all of us want.... that summer where you meet a boy on the beach and go surfing even tho...