My IAS Husband

By Aadya137

Ria is a loving-chirpy girl who is going abroad for a job. Her whole life got hitched when she gets married t... More

Author's Note
Chapter1: Proposal
Chapter 2: Celebration
Chapter 3: Niharika surprises well!
Chapter 4: Ria's bucket list
Chapter 5: Nishita 's Truth
Chapter 6 : Wedding Shopping
Chapter 8: Noida
Chapter 9: Sukhi Dandi
Chapter 10: Not Meant for Me
Chapter 11: Rishi's Lessons
Chapter 12: What if I do?
Chapter 13: Last minute preparations
Chapter 14: Rishi is back
Chapter 15: Tilak
Chapter 16: Plan failed
Chapter 17: First Meet
Chapter 18: Finally it's happening!
Chapter 19: The Wedding Function
Chapter 20: Engagement
Chapter 21: First Date
Chapter 22: The Hidden Past
Chapter 23: Mending hearts
Chapter 24: Mehendi
Chapter 25: Bachelor's Party
Chapter 26 : Saath Feere
Chapter 27: First day
Chapter 28 : Haridwar
Chapter 29: Back to Benaras!
Chapter 30: Rishi is back
Chapter 31: Ria in Noida!
Chapter 32: Get Together

Chapter 7 : Baking lessons

3.4K 159 13
By Aadya137

It was yet again a grooming day for Ria in which she was asked to prepare a chocolate cake at home. She said while gathering all the ingredients on the slab,

"Mausi, you always liked baking and mummy is also good at cooking but one thing which doesn't make sense is that why Mummy and you are always behind me to learn different dishes for cooking..?"

Her Mausi replied with an affectionate smile, "Beta because once you go to your inlaws' place, you have to manage all by yourself. It would be better if you are well trained beforehand..."

She chuckled, "I don't want any complaints from them."

Ria hurriedly said, "Please Mausi, don't say like that... You are preparing me as if I'm will be getting married within two weeks..."

Her Mausi said, "Just watch your words, beta. It is believed, that in the whole day, one time Saraswati rest in one's mouth." 

"You never know what you just said may come true..."

Ria became tensed and started grinding sugar. She later said, " How someone can get into all that before achieving something in her life..? I have to first focus on my career, Mausi."

Her Mausi said, "Honestly, saying beta.. I have seen in many cases in which the girls have excelled in their careers even after their marriage. There is literally no problem in getting into that once you get a good husband to support you equally for that case..." 

She further said, "You very well know your father, how he supported didi to pursue her BE.D even after having two kids- going school. If he would have not been behind her then possibly your mother could not have  become a teacher,"

Ria clearly got what she meant. She wondered the right man, in that case, would be bliss. The one who will not only accept you but also supports your dreams. Before she could think more about that her Mausi started explaining the whole recipe to her and afterward, left the kitchen under her command.

Later, Ria was sincerely started making the batter for the cake. No doubt the fuss was created by her in the whole slab for just making a cake but interestingly she did not care about that rather her focus was more on putting things in right amount. Later, she took the cake out of the microwave and left it for cooling

After clearing the whole mess in the slab,  she turned the cake upside down and started cutting its two equal halves from the middle so as to apply chocolate cream over it. After successfully spreading the cream, she patiently assembled them together and later covered the whole cake with chocolate icing. 

After looking at the cake, Ria was thinking that she was not less than a chef!

She put the cake to set in the fridge, as her Mausi went out and Samar would be back till evening. Ria rewarded herself by making coffee and went to rest in the drawing hall. While sipping coffee, her attention went toward the books kept well arranged in the showcase near the armchair. She remembered that she finds her Mausaji reading novels while sitting there for a long time whenever he gets free time on weekends. 

She went towards the showcase and got a romantic novel to read. She started reading it in a go, the more chapters she reads, the more eager she became to complete it.

It was the story of a Navy officer who was ready to sacrifice everything for the wellbeing of his love.

"Move on, Navya... how can we live like this when you could see me once or twice in whole year..?." Pranav yelled at Navya.

" It does not make a difference for me. I'm ready to wait for your every return."

Navya said while sobbing. She came towards Pranav, hold his arms, and said,

" Make me all yours, Pranav.."

She stretched a little to her toes to reach his height. She gently pecked his lips. Pranav grabbed her waist and soon lifted up. He responded passionately in return.

Both were kissing each other with intense love. It was a euphoric moment for both of them when they were running short of breath altogether. Pranav joined his forehead to hers. 

Both were having had tears brimmed to their eyes exhibiting their pain for coming separation.

Just by reading this part, Ria kept the novel back and started wondering how's that possible for two love mates to stay away for such a long time. She stepped in the shoes of Navya.

I could not take it.

She said in her mind. She kept wondering that those wives have real strength to bear that separation and sends their husbands to serve the nation.

Her chain of thoughts was again interrupted by Samar, who called her asking to come into the kitchen. Ria immediately rushed to the kitchen. She saw her Mausi in the kitchen with her cake that was kept without having one slice on the slab.

She could see the full one slice on the plate was as it is as if it was tasted for only one time. Now she started feeling that probably it doesn't taste that good.

She went close to her Mausi. Her Mausi was sternly looking at her as if she is disappointed. Ria made her mind that tomorrow once again she will prepare a better cake for her. Her Mausi extended her hand and she felt as if she was going to twist her ear.

 She closed her eyes in a reflex but the hand didn't touch her ears but got settled on her shoulders. She did not twist her ears but instead patted her shoulder and said,

" The cake is a delicious delight. I m glad you could make it." 

Ria was terribly surprised by her sudden temperament. She was very pleased that finally, her baking was fruitful. Samar also praised her efforts. After enjoying the cake, she went with her Mausi to the Parade market to shop for dresses for the upcoming wedding function. 

Ria selected a heavy dark purple lehenga with golden work and her Mausi also got her few heavy suits out of love. Ria is the only girl child in her maternal family. So, all gifts, pampering, and love is solemnly enjoyed by her.

Later, they did saree shopping and decided that they will come for jewelry shopping some other day as it was going late. Lastly, they winded up by getting hot Rubdi jalebi for home.

Ria wanted to surprise Samar and her Mausaji but later she herself got surprised on her own when she saw hot and mouth-watering Samosa chats were already waiting for her in the dining hall. 

 Ria felt very delighted. After having dinner, she made up her mind to complete the novel which she left in the evening.

It seems Ria learned baking but besides that, she also learned the meaning of the right man in her life. 

Separation of soulmates...😔

It was heartbreaking for Ria...💔💔

How's that anyway she is going to meet Rishi?

Wait for the next chapters to get that but for now, make sure you vote and comment to show your enthusiasm.

MY DEAR SILENT READERS, IT DOES NOT TAKE MUCH TIME TO VOTE. VOTE IF YOU ENJOY READING MY CHAPTERS.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.6K 2.9K 52
"𝐌𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐎𝐍𝐄" One-year is all it takes for strangers to become deep lovers. One-year contract marriage is all takes to turn att...
124K 4.3K 31
Mom....... What is wrong with you? How can you think that she will be perfect for me? Listen I just came here because you insisted me no not insisted...
833K 6.2K 17
Only sample chapters are here on WATTPAD https://www.amazon.in/dp/B09421TTNQ/ref=sr_1_10?dchild=1&keywords=spark+of+love&qid=1620104967&sr=8-10 "Riti...
526K 26.3K 39
Not everyone in the world has everything they need. Rishabh Jaisingh is successful and has every materialistic thing in the world but the only thing...