done talking

By lanisfuturebabymama

a continuation of you and Kehlani's lives after you got married. what's new? More

Chapter 1: Life Updates
Chapter Two: The Next Day
Chapter 3: A Series of Unfortunate Events
Chapter 4: Be Alright
Chapter 6: Fly To France
Chapter 7: Keeper
Chapter 8: Car Ride
Chapter 9: Sad Bitch Hours
Chapter 10: i love you
Chapter 11: no french kiss
Chapter 12: she gone
Chapter 13: Tabs
Chapter 14: Linda and Heather
Chapter 15: CYBM?
Chapter 16: Hello?
Chapter 17: Disbelief
Chapter 18: Everybody Business
Chapter 19: Too Much
Chapter 20: Grieving
Chapter 21: Grieving II
Chapter 22: Grieving III

Chapter 5: Variety

1.3K 42 9
By lanisfuturebabymama

Y/N's POV
it's been a few weeks since everything has happened. it's hard, but i feel so much better than i did before. today me and Megan have our interview with Variety Magazine.

i'm at her house right now so we can get together. Kellon, her hair stylist offered to do my hair after he finished Megan's. i couldn't say no so now he's doing it.

"bitch, you lookin good already."

"thank you Meg."

"why didn't you bring your wife with you?"

"she had things to do today, she's gonna be really busy the next 2 weeks."

"will you even be able to see her?"

"maybe if she wakes me up out of my sleep."

"damn, it's like that? i hate working late nights, don't even get no time to sleep cause you gotta be up early for the next morning."

"yeah, i'm glad my schedule finally chilled out, i get some time to relax."

"me too, after this interview, i'm going out the country girl, i gotta get away."

"you goin with anybody?"

"yeah, Jhené, Chris, Sean, i haven't asked Bri if she wants to come yet, i keep forgetting, you-

"me?"

"yeah."

"why ain't you tell me beforehand?"

"i don't even know, i just decided this like, yesterday."

"oh okay, i don't blame you."

"yeah. so you comin or not?"

"yeah, how long we gon be there for?"

"two weeks, maybe even three if we feel like it."

"cool, so when we leaving?"

"tomorrow afternoon."

"okay, i have time to pack."

"Kellon, you comin?"

"nah, i got appointments all week and next week, i can't do it girl."

"damn, well who else gon go?"

"have you and B and Jai yet?"

"yeah, the said the were going away tomorrow so that couldn't make it."

"oh right, Jai told me that she was gonna propose."

"oh shit really? i've been waiting for this one."

"me too, they deserve each other."

"yeah."

we continued to talk until my hair and makeup was done then we got dressed.

"i like those pants Meg."

"thank you, they're from my Fashionnova collection."

"imma have to buy me some."

"i'll give them to you for free, i got some in my closet."

"really? thank you boo."

"hurry up though girl, we gotta leave in 20 minutes."

"ight."

i quickly got dressed and sprayed myself with some of Meg's perfume cause it smelled good, i'm sure she don't care.

"y'all ready?" Chris asked

"yeah, come on."

we walked out of the door and made our way outside to his car.

"girl hurry up and get in the damn car."

"why won't you sit in the front seat?"

"because, when the paparazzi's there, they can take pictures of both of us making a dramatic entrance."

"girl...you know what? i ain't go say nothing." i got in the car and so did Megan. Chris started driving to the interviewing studio.

"how you feel?" she asked

"kinda nervous, i ain't been interviewed like this since i dropped my album."

"i feel the same why, i wonder what they gon ask."

"mostly just questions about the song, maybe so others but i don't know."

"you right." we talked until we go to the interviewing studio.

"oh shit, there's more paps than i thought there would be."

"hell yeah, i ain't think this many would be here."

"let me put on some sunglasses, i ain't tryna get blinded my all these lights chile."

"yeah, let me do the same." we took the sunglasses out of our bags and put them on.

"tell me when to come and pick y'all up."

"okay baby, bye i love you." she leaned forward and kissed him.

"bye, i love you too."

"alright, you ready?" i took and deep breath in and out.

"yeah, let's go." we got out and immediately camera lights were flashing, so glad we put on sunglasses.

a journalist came up to me while i was walking.

"hi y/n!"

"hi."

"congratulations on your elopement."

"thank you."

"where is the misses?"

"she's busy with her own things today."

"alright, can i ask one question?"

"sure."

"do you have plans to release a song with Victoria Monét in the next month?"

"yes, yes i do."

"great, thank you for you time."

"you're welcome."

"y/n/n hurry up!!!" Megan yelled.

i picked up the pace and the cameras followed until me and Meg got in the studio.

"hello ladies, i'm Jade, i'll be directing the interview."

"hi."

"hi."

"if you guys could just go over there, they wanna take some pictures of you guys before we start."

"okay, come on girl."

we walked over to the camera set up and start posing for pictures.

"all set ladies."

"thank you." we walked over to the couch and started the interview.

"i'm Megan Thee Muthafuckin Stallion..."

"and i'm y/n and this is our interview with Variety Magazine!"

"so the first question is 'when did you get the idea for the song?' so, one day i was just scrolling through the timeline you know, as one does and i see a bunch of hotties hyping me up and then i thought to myself like 'damn, i really am that bitch.' you know?"

"the second question is 'was y/n originally supposed to be on the song?' you wanna answer?"

"yeah. so no, she wasn't originally supposed to be on it, it was just gonna be a solo song, but one day we were in the studio with each other recording for something else then i played it for her. she really liked it and asked me to be on it. i wouldn't say no cause i love working with her. so i opened the chorus up and she did her magic on that, and that's how the song came along to answer your question."

"the next one is 'do you plan to drop the music video anytime soon?' yes, we do. it's directed by the one and only Hyphy Williams, this was also a really fun video to shoot as well, but i can't tell y'all anything about it, you're gonna have to wait."

"the next question is 'is this song the start to a new era?' maybe, maybe not, i don't know, y'all just gon have to wait and see, i got a bunch of things comin for y'all."

"alright, thank you ladies, now we got some questions that fans would like you to answer from Twitter."

"oh okay."

"so this first question is for y/n, this fan asks 'when are you going to drop the joint album with your wife? we've all been waiting.'."

"like i said, we'll definitely do one, maybe even a few, it's been talked about, but we're both just too busy at the moment to start working on it, but there will definitely be one coming."

"next question is for Meg, it says 'when are you and Nicki dropping again?'."

"that's a good question, i don't really know if Nicki still fuck with me after making a song with Cardi, y'all know how that go. regardless of how she feel, it's always love for her and i'll always be down to make more music with her."

"the next question is for you again, it says 'will you teach me how to drive the boat on my 21st birthday?'."

"yes, of course, i love that, let me know when and where it is so i can set the date and pull up."

"next question is for the both of you, it says 'how do you make sure you're in a good state with your mental health now that you're getting more exposure?'."

"y/n/n, you wanna answer first?"

"yeah, that was a good question. for me personally, if i feel like i'm having an off day, i go to a secluded area in mine and Lani's house and i stay there and meditate. i think of all the good things and think about how i can make myself feel better. that's one way, another is spending time with people who make me feel like i can be myself like Megan and Kehlani for example. i love being around these too, they just make me feel good. i also love spending alone time with Keh and Adeya, just as long as the three of us are doing something together, it could be anything, i'll be in a good state of mind. so to answer your question, that's how."

"good answer, i love being around you too. for me, i can be very happy. i'll be around many people, not even just y/n/n and our friends, a lot of people and i'll be having a good time. even if i'm not with that many people, i still be having a good time, but to make sure i'm doing okay, i like to get away, from everyone, except Chris, he go with me, but i like to get away to clear my mind from all of the negativity in my life and just fill it with happy things. that's how i make sure i'm good."

the interviewer asked a few more questions, we played some games, ate, and Chris came back to pick us up.

we quickly got into the car and he started driving back to my house.

"i am exhausted."

"how?"

"i was up all writing songs for me and Lani's album."

"i thought y'all wasn't ready for it."

"obviously it was a lie, we've been working on it for about 3 months now."

"oh really? and you ain't tell me about it? that's crazy."

"at least you know now."

"you right, but tell me next time."

"sometimes you gotta keep things a secret girl, don't want the surprise to be ruined."

"now you makin it seem like i got a big mouth."

"well..."

"girl, i know you fuckin lyin."

"i'm playing, you don't."

"that's what i thought."

"i love you girl."

"i love you too." we continued talking until Chris pulled up to the house.

"bye y/n/n, i'll see you tomorrow girl."

"bye y'all see you tomorrow." i waved and walked up to the door and into the house.

i close the door and walk upstairs to the room. i open the door and see Lani.

"hey baby."

"hey babe, you're here early."

"i was able to leave early. how'd the interview go?"

"it was good, i had fun."

"that's good, you look beautiful mama."

"thank you babe." i walked over to the bed and kissed her.

"i have something i need to tell you by the way."

"what is it ma?"

"so tomorrow, i'm leaving to go on a trip with Megan, Chris, Sean, Jhené, and maybe Bri."

"how long you gon be gone for?"

"two weeks."

"damn, why wasn't i invited?"

"because you gotta work bae, you know i'd want you to be with me."

"the thought would've been nice."

"i really wish you could go, but you got things you need to take care of."

"you right mama, how bout when i'm finally free, we go away?"

"i like that."

"ight, you down."

"of course i am."

"ight, imma remember that."

"i'm so exhausted."

"why, what's wrong?"

"i was up all night writing songs for the album, then i had to wake up early to get to Megan's house so we could get ready. that interview studio was like, an hour away and we went there and back here so that was hell. now all i wanna do is lay down. i'm glad you're here so i can do it with you."

"okay, come lay down." i took off my shoes and put my purse on the nightstand. i got in the bed and cuddled up with her.

"wake me up in a little bit, i just wanna take a little nap."

"i gotta you mama, you can rest."

"thank you babe." i kissed her cheek.

"i love you."

"i love you too." i fell asleep at the feeling of her rubbing my back.

chapter 6 coming soon🍯.

i'm not even gonna lie, i didn't even expect to put this chapter out tonight😭i just got it in me i guess😭crazy cause i just told someone i'll probably upload it on sunday

i hope y'all enjoyed the first chapter of "Ur Best Friend" and if you didn't read it yet, go check it out,
i wanna know what you think about it.

i'm tired as fuck😭i'm going to sleep. good night, i love y'all, have a good night and be well.

LMAOOO I JUST REALIZED IT'S 4 IN THE MORNING😭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.6K 1.1K 31
"𝐍𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐰𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞. 𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚�...
56.1K 1.5K 44
This story is about Singer/Songwriter Kehlani and her new producer Jessica. The two meet when they were making three songs and started becoming frien...
7.1K 160 12
See how far you and kehlani relationship goes , from the day y'all meet till the end , or will it ever end ? ( gxg ) ( pov)
112K 1.8K 31
What happens when the right guy turns out to be the girl who's been your best friend since the first grade?