His Score (Mitsui Hisashi x O...

נכתב על ידי marylaine_leawesome

Hewwooo, I just recently rewatched Slam Dunk and now I'm head over heels to Mitchi, he doesn't have much love... עוד

Chapter 1: First Day in Shohoku
Chapter 2: A Love Triangle???
Chapter 3: A Fight at The Rooftop
Chapter 4: An Unexpected Duel
Chapter 5: UnforeseenVictory
Chapter 6: Second Manager
Chapter 7: Giving Up?
Chapter 8: First Years vs Seniors
Chapter 9: Visit
Chapter 10: Ryonan
Chapter 11: Shohoku's Secret Weapon?!!
Chapter 12: Practice Match
Chapter 13: Turning the Tide
Chapter 15: Unexpected Reunion
Chapter 16: Stranger
Chapter 17: Intruders!
Chapter 18: Intruders! Part 2
Chapter 19: Intruders! Part 3
Chapter 20: Basketball
Chapter 21: Injury
Chapter 22: Steamed Buns
Chapter 23: Apology
Not a CHAPTER!!
Chapter 24:One on One
Chapter 25: Against the Sophomores
NOT A CHAPTER!!
Chapter 26: In a Pinch
Chapter 27: Invitation
NOT A CHAPTER!!
Chapter 28: Alone in the Gym
Chapter 29: In Awe
Chapter 30: Check Ups
Chapter 31: An Alley Fight
Chapter 32: Offer to Help

Chapter 14: This Is Only The Beggining

142 2 0
נכתב על ידי marylaine_leawesome

Ever since the absence of Akagi, Shohoku's team has been in a pickle, especially Sakuragi's mistakes and fouls in the game. However, as the game continues, Sakuragi has slowly shown his abilities through his defense and rebounds and his unpredictable passes, allowing the game to be in Shohoku's hands. 

Sakuragi now has the ball again and everyone was expecting to pass it to Rukawa, but to Ryonan's surprise, he passed it to Kogure once again and the vice captain shoot a three pointer, closing the the score gap now.

"Wow!! Nice pass! Sakuragi!! Nice play!!" Rei stood from her seat just like everyone in her team, rooting for their players in the match. "Yosh! Only three point difference!" From 19 - 0 to 68 - 65, Shohoku has really turned the game into their favor but the future was still not set a stone.

Rei's POV

As the game continued, I saw Yohei and the others coming in from the metal doors, approaching to our direction. I stretched my arm out and so did he as we greeted each other, "Yo, Yohei!" 

"Hey."

They all gathered up behind us, and watched the game with us now. "Sakuragi is really cocky now, a few minutes ago he was stiff as a boulder." I commented and heard a chuckle from Yohei behind me, "You're right! The thought of victory is really going through his head."

"AHAHAHAHAHAHA! This is all because of ME!!" Sakuragi pompously said in the court. Not gonna lie but it is indeed because of his unpredictable moves made the team catch up but it's still irritating to hear those words, especially from Sakuragi.

As I eyed each one of the members of the game, something was off from Rukawa, his arms looked heavy and tired, and just as he was face to face with Sendoh who slipped through him, he lost his balance and fell on his bum while Sendoh scored two points for his team.

"Rukawa!?" Everyone was now worried seeing Rukawa in his state, I ran to his direction to check up on him while the others waited for news. Rukawa is a very good and skilled player but concentrating his mind and body for the 40 minute game is quite impossible, especially when defending an ace like Sendoh.

I checked on his leg that he massaged from his hands, "Rukawa-san, let me check your leg please." He nodded and pulled away his hands, as soon as he got his hands away it was now clear that he has a cramp on his right hamstring. 

I gently laid his leg flat down on the floor and gently straightened his foot.

 "He has a cramp!" 

"Because that number 11 has been defending Sendoh!!"

"Good Good Good!! We'll win for sure! Shohoku's finished."

The loud comments from the audience and the bench players on Ryonan's side was visibly getting on Rukawa's nerves, he let out a 'tch' as he eyed his leg. His calf has to be massaged at this point, "Rukawa-kun, let me massage your calf." 

"Right." Hearing his approval, I held his foot straight while my other one reached under his calf and massaged it gently. The referee approached behind me and asked as I did my work, "Need to make a substitute?"

"No, please wait..." 

"Rei-chan!! Leave him!! What cramp?!! Useless!! What cramp, this will do fine!!" I heard Sakuragi ranting and as soon as I saw him, he was running to our direction and before I knew it, he kicked Rukawa's cramped leg with force, "WEAK!!"

"Sakuragi!!" I yelled to him, just how wild is this novice?! I know he hates Rukawa but hurting him is just too far, especially when he is a teammate. Kogure and Yasuda tried to stop Sakuragi for taking another step, "Don't fool around Sakuragi!! Rukawa's been defending Sendoh throughout the game, of course he'll be tired!! You just been on court, of course you're full of energy!!" Kogure said.

"Be quiet!! I'm responsible for Shohoku's name, I can't tolerate having him disgrace our team!!" Sakuragi spat back but he's actually the one disgracing the team, "That idiot.. Ah! Rukawa, you okay?" I returned my gaze to his but he stood up from the floor and worried me. "Rukawa! Your...cramp....?" 

"I'm fine." He said with his low voice and he did seem fine now, can't believe Sakuragi's kick actually helped him recover quickly, man of surprises. He laid his hand on his hip and said, "Who said I can't  go on?" 

"You ah!! It's you!!" Sakuragi answered.

"Shut up. I just fell, that's all." 

These are arguing again, just when Akagi is not here. I sighed and went back to my seat as Rukawa told the coach he was not gonna need a sub. Sitting down on my chair, Ayako-san's voice was heard and asked, "Rei-chan, how's he?"

"Rukawa? He's fine for now, it's like Sakuragi's kick is some kind of new remedy for cramped legs." I chuckled from the thought and I heard her giggle back. Though he looks fine, it won't be much long for him to get fatigue. 

Sakuragi passed the ball to Yasuda which caught Ryonan off guard, but as senpai aimed his shot, it hit on the rim, "Rebound!!" Anticipating to get that ball to whomever gets it first, Rukawa came in to the picture and caught the ball before shooting again to get our point. "Off the boards!!" Kakuta exclaimed.

"Great catch!!" Ayako cheered. Rukawa is pretty amazing, even though he is tired, he is still pushing to win. I guess I don't need to worry much for now. 

As the game continued, Akagi's absence got us in a little trouble too. Rebounds aren't easy to get now, "Ryonan number 4, Uozumi 202cm, number 7 Sendoh 192cm, number 5 Koshino 183cm..." Ayako was reviewing the player's height and it grew us some concern, "...Compared to our  number 10 Sakuragi 188cm, number 11 Rukawa 187cm, number 5 Kogure 185cm! No matter what, it's very hard for Sakuragi Hanamichi to replace Akagi.. And Rukawa is getting tired.."

Losing Akagi is very hard, I get it. It would be a miracle for someone in the team to really replace the captain. Ryonan is now on offense, the players are now struggling to keep the ball far from the hoop but soon enough the enemy shot the ball to the rim, "Rebound!!" 

Sakuragi ran and jumped with such strength, it made my jaw drop as I saw him fly catching the ball between his hands before landing on his feet. That image, back at the gym, he flew and as if time slowly passed by. It wasn't just me that was in awe, it was everybody else. Koshino, number 5 in Ryonan, grab a hold of the ball from Sakuragi's hands but he quickly took it back as he swing and pulled it back with his strength, making his opponent fly from the hold and hit his back against his teammates.

A whistle was blown from the referee and called a jump ball, it got us relaxed for a bit thinking it was just a minor thing, jump ball won't do us any trouble after all.Three minutes left before the game ends, Ryonan's Uozumi however was able to stop Sakuragi's rebounds. Tch, he is still a newbie he does not know how to a screen out yet.

Everyone was now tense but we did able to close the gap once again to six after Yasuda's three pointer shot. 76 - 70, we'll make it somehow. Seeing no progress every offense our team has got us worried....

"WRONG!!" 

That voice! Could it be.... Turning our heads to see familiar loud voice, Akagi has come back to the court! A smile of relief formed my lips as I saw captain Akagi full of life as always, his wound is all patched up with and by his side is his younger sister, Haruko-chan. I am glad that he came back and looks okay and well and I know it's not just me who is feeling this happiness.

Akagi soon asked for a member change, substituting Rukawa in the court. At the back of our seating, the Sakuragi gang was loud as they cheered Akagi, "Shohoku's monster is back!!" 

"Gori's back!!"

"Gori's recovered!"

"GORI!!"

"GORI!!"

"GORI!!"

"GORI!!"

"GORI!!"

"GORI!!"

"GOR-"

"ENOUGH!!" With a single hit to each of their heads, everyone stopped chanting as they all fell to the ground, I giggled at the sight an so did Ayako-san.

Rukawa came to the view and sat down to my seat but I didn't mind at all since he needed the rest after all. I took out a towel and a bottle from my bag and handed them to Rukawa to wipe his sweat with and to rehydrate. His body looked very tired and it grew some worry to me for the team.

"You've got one minute to rest..." Anzai's calm voice turned our heads to his, "You're going to be fighting the last 2 minutes. Can you make it?" His voice sound determined, a first time for me to hear from coach Anzai. Rukawa nodded back and Ayako's lips formed a smile.

After handing the things Rukawa needed, I stood behind him with the gang on my side and with Haruko, we continue to watch the progress of the game.

Finally, our points are one basket away. Everyone cheered and most got up from their seat, smiles on their faces as they felt the excitement from the match.

"We can actually get this close! Hard to believe!!" 

"Our opponent is the fourth best Ryonan!!" 

"Our senpai is great!!"

The first year's comments was loud enough for me and Ayako to hear, well... they are just right in front me so of course I'll hear. Ayako looked at them with a smile on her face saying, "If you guys try harder, giving yourself the chance to compete; the Shohoku will become stronger! Rukawa and Sakuragi, they're both in their first year! As long as you try hard, you guys will become successful too!"

"Really?!" Kawata was full of sparks in his eyes, words of wisdom that was coming out of their senior was really warming even I was moved to do my best. "You too, Rei-chan. You're already a good manager! So do your best as always." Ayako's advice and compliment made me blush as well as her wink to my direction. 

I hummed in agreement but instead of getting fired up to become a better manager, I was actually thinking of something else. I felt my face relax and watch our team giving their all for this game, "Amazing..."

Kogure's three pointer shot made it through the hoop, making our point 77, leading the game! "We've taken the lead!!" I yelled from the surprise and joy. Not even a second, Yohei, Haruko, Nozomi, Takamiya, and Ohkuso began to throw confettis in celebration. Not minding where the heck they got the time to get those, I joined the celebration as we chanted 'Glasses' to Kogure-san.

 Without even knowing, I held the back of the chair of Kawata's seat and began to shake it with all my strength because of the thrill I was feeling, "Awesome, senpai!!!!"

"A-Aah!! Genji-san!!" I shut my eyes open and quickly pulled back my hands to my chest, I felt embarrassed and apologized to the boy I just shook with his chair. "Sorry, Kawata-kun.. hehe."

I rubbed the nape of my neck and nervously chuckled, but this is just incredible! Us taking the lead against Ryonan, the fourth best in Kanagawa, it's just amazing how well these players are doing to our opponent.

But as soon as we got the lead, it was almost taken back from Sendoh himself. Just that one score from Sendoh was enough for then opposing team's spectators to cheer loudly. But what concerns me even more is Sendoh's energy, he has not done anything but observe his opponents until now, we might need Rukawa to go back to the court.

I slightly looked down to see Rukawa who was sitting with a towel covering his head, seeing his state makes me worry even more. Even if Rukawa goes back to the court, does he still have the energy to fend Sendoh off?

The players face was visible with worry too and so is the bench side, "Number 7 is really good." Yohei commented with a shake in his voice.

"Why is Sakuragi defending him...?! Sakuragi can't stop him!!" Nozomi continued. Without taking my eyes off the court, I spoke  and answered their worries, "Well, if you look closer. Sakuragi is the only one who is as fast as Sendoh unlike the others, and both are about the same height..."

"That's correct." Ayako's voice turned our gazes to hers as she continued with her words, "But right now, we can't rely on our luck..." Her sweat visible to us.

We looked again to the players, Yohei not saying a word as Nozomi and Ohkuso replied with a yes. Soon, Akagi and Sakuragi was conversating in a middle of a game. Something serious must've been discussed since Akagi's expression was stern and Sakuragi wasn't blabbering about anything.

We couldn't make out anything from what they were saying, but one thing is for sure, Akagi is gonna defend Sendoh himself. After the two finished facing each other, Sakuragi grab a hold of the captain's shoulder which made him stop from his tracks, confusion began form my face as Yohei spoke with his deep voice, "He won't let Sendoh get past him that easily anymore..."

I turned my head to see his face, his lips forming a smile before moving his eyes to mine, "Because Sakuragi is a very proud person!" I hummed and smiled, "That I agree."

It was true and admirable that Sakuragi was tough to waver but that still isn't enough against a skillful player like Sendoh to a novice like him.... Haruko however, thinks the opposite.

"But! Sakuragi-kun is doing his best!! Facing such a good opponent.. But his performance doesn't seem like a newbie." Haruko said with her fists near her chest, I was a bit surprised from her and Ayako spoke to agree with her, "That's right Haruko. He's improve a lot during this game. I'm not just making this up..." Senpai said while her eyes were locked to the game.

Their remarks made me rethink my thoughts and they were right, Sakuragi is indeed getting better but to me it wasn't that visible when he keeps getting mistakes and stumbles a lot in the game and this time. he got his face hit against the wall when trying to get a hold of the ball. 

Sendoh on the other hand, seemed a but tense. That must be what was Ayako was meaning to say, even Sendoh is getting a bit cautious by Sakuragi.

"I'm about ready..." Rukawa began to speak with his low voice, "..To play in these last 2 minutes!" Standing from his seat, making his back and number show right in front of my eyes. He then switched places with Shiozaki-san so he can play in the game again.

I heard a voice that seemed bubbly, only to see Haruko's eyes turned into hearts and her cheeks turning pink, "Rukawa-kun~"

But before Rukawa could take another step, Coach Anzai called out to him and to Sakuragi, his hand showing motion for them to come as he stood up from his chair.

The two came to his direction and soon enough Anzai started to give a plan.

...

"Eh?!" 

"What...?! Hold on gramps!! I don't want to do it!!" 

"I really dont want too..."

Their reactions were too predictable, the plan for them that needs teamwork for the two is absurd for them but in reality it is the best option right now to defend Sendoh.

"D-Do you think Hanamichi will do this?" Yohei whispered to me and his thought was the same as I am, "It is the coach's plan, they have to do it or Sendoh's attacks will continue." 

As the game started again and Sendoh handling the ball, Rukawa and Sakuragi defended him together, making the enemy greatly surprised from the tactic, a double team trying to block off Sendoh.

The plan was effective but Sakuragi's inexperience of defensing made Sendoh slip through the tough wall. Struggling to defend the rim, Sendoh managed to pass the ball to Uozumi and scored a point for Ryonan. 

With a little bit of time left, Shohoku will not waver. We gained a pint after but it was a 4 point gap, our side was no longer cheering but contemplating if we could even catch up with the time almost up.

"It's almost finished." I whispered gently while biting my lip.

"Those two guys.. Rukawa and Sakuragi are fighting really hard against Sendoh. And Ryonan's attack strategy depends on..."Ayako stopped as Anzai continued her words.

"Yes.. It's Sendoh."

Even if Sendoh is the only opponent we should worry, and Rukawa and Sakuragi are defending him with their best, we are still 4 points behind and only a minute left before the game ends.

"But we are 4 points behind Ayako-san! And we must shoot the ball in 30 seconds... Can we still make it?" I felt my shake a little from all the worries I have.

However, Ayako seem to have hope in her eyes, "We still have hope! No matter what, as long as we can stop him! Then we'll have enough time to score a few more points!!"

That's right... Hope.. That's all we could cling on for this 50 second game. Somehow... we'll win!!

Ryonan's attack got stopped when Sakuragi slapped the ball from Sendoh's hands before he could shoot. I gasped from the action and it was the opportunity to get  fast break, "*Inhales* GO!!! SHOHOKU!!!!"

 "AAAHHH!! Unbelievable! That Rookie Hanamichi stopped a genius from shooting!!"Nozomi said with his face surprised just like everyone else.

"That naive idiot!!" Ohkusu said.

"That king of rejection!!" Takamiya added.

In my left side, Haruko was cheering for Sakuragi that could make my smile even more. As the team chased the ball, Sakuragi caught it but struggled when Sendoh defended him himself. 

Sakuragi then passed the ball to Rukawa and then shot the ball in a three pointer distance. Dropping my jaw to such a miracle, it was enough to lift everyone's spirits and cheered with their hearts' content.

But it's not over yet, "DEFENSE!! DON'T LET THEM THROUGH!!" 

Shohoku is in defense once again and we all worried from the time slowly diminishing to finish the game. Ayako was yelling to them to do better and harder, we were a frantic of the time remaining.

Akagi managed to steal the ball and passed it to Rukawa that was running away from his defender, another fast break for the team!

However, he was chased by Sendoh who alarmed everyone on their toes. He has to pass the ball to keep it away from the ace. From his peripheral, Rukawa threw the ball to the nearby teammate and it all surprised to see that the person who received the object was Sakuragi.

Gasping from disbelief, my body stiffened to witness such a scene. Sakuragi must not fool around this time and it was the same feeling everyone was worried about. Haruko's call to Sakuragi made me a bit confused but other than that, the red head's movement were familiar... he was doing... a lay up shot!

A moment of silence passed through the game, not a single breath escaped my lips and after that...

"IT'S IN!!"

"HANAMICHI!!"

"YEAHH!!"

"A LAY UP SHOT!!"

Everyone went wild except for me who could only chuckle shakily from the intensity. A comeback!!

Sakuragi began to boast his genuisness and Kogure  came near to his direction. Yohei and I looked at each other with wide grins to our faces, lifting my hand in the air, we did a high five and cheered with glee.

"Sakuragi is something! When in the world did he learned to do that?!" I said to Yohei without changing my happy grin. 

"I have no idea, but he did it this time!" Yohei replied.

I looked at my wristwatch to see the time, but to my surprise.... it hasn't reached 11:00am yet... Wait, it should be 11:00 if the game is done... Then...

Quickly lifting my head up again, Ryonan began to move when Shohoku is still in the middle of a celebration, "IT'S NOT OVER YET!!" Rukawa's shout made everyone stop from cheering and started to get frantic.

The ball got passed to Sendoh and without even wasting another second, everyone started to chase him down.

5

He passed it to his teammate to avoid giving it to Rukawa's grasp, then passed it back to him again.

4

As he got chased behind Rukawa from behind, Akagi came into the paint to defend him from the front.

3

Not a single breath left from my lips, Sendoh, Akagi and Rukawa jumped high as Sendoh tried to shoot his ball but his shooting range was blocked by Akagi's hand. But this is Sendoh, that could not stop him as he quickly shot the ball from his other to another open shooting range.

As it got through the hoop and fell down to the floor... 2 seconds remain in the clock.

"TIMES UP!!"

My eyebrows furrowed and a gulp acted in my throat, no words escaped to our lips as Ryonan cheered to their victory. 

"Pass the ball!!" That rough voice turned our heads to that direction, Sakuragi was still on his stance, waiting to be given a ball. Kogure walked over to him, telling him it was over but Sakuragi's voice continued to say "Pass the ball!!"

I felt my eyes getting foggy but I didn't want to let a single tear drip to my cheek, a grasp was felt on my shoulder and it stopped me from shaking when I looked to see Yohei, curling his lips in a frown without saying a word. I don't know if it supposed to comfort me but because of his expression made a tear trickle down to my cheek.

*THUD!!*

A loud thud was heard from the court and it caught my attention and saw Sakuragi on the floor while his shoe is a few feet away from him.

"You've done a great job today... Come, let's go shake hands. Sakuragi.

That's right, you all did very well. Don't be sad Sakuragi, this is only the beggining! 

...

After gathering all the stuff we had and leaving the gym to meet Ryonan's basketball team outside, all the players shook hands to their opponents and send messages to each other. I stood beside Ayako and sighed from exhaustion, "I'm so tired..." Yohei and the other already left when we were packing our stuff, they bid their goodbyes to us already.

The coaches also bid their farewells before we took our leave to the streets. Not long enough, Sakuragi wrapped his arm around the couches neck and started to pat his double chin, making it jiggle.

"It's all because you old man! If you would put me in earlier, we would  have already won!"

Such a sight made my seniors rushed to scold Sakuragi's actions to our sensei. I too didn't want watch this boy harassing the coach, so I stepped in, "Sakuragi! Enough!" 

I tugged his ear to my direction, hearing cry from the pain. "Ah!! Rei-chan!!" 

"There's no need for you to rush.. Sakuragi-kun." I let go of his ear and he straightened his back up again. 

Anzai-sensei only laughed and nodded to me, "That's right. There's still a long way to go."   

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

216K 6.4K 43
˗ˏˋ [ 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝, 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐩, 𝐜𝐫𝐲, 𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐯𝐞. ] ˎˊ˗ ·𖥸· After the Symbol of Peace tells Izuku Midoriya he cannot become a hero...Midoriya followe...
39.8K 1.5K 15
Mitsuba Sousuke. You've probably heard of him before, right? Obviously, as a social media influencer, he's bound to be famous. Within the sight of hi...
41.3K 1.1K 15
[COMPLETED] It has been nearly three years since you graduated from UA High. Now engaged and working as a successful Pro Hero, you couldn't have aske...
1.4K 62 5
It was a bright day in Konoha as Sakura made her way towards the Ninja Academy. She had slept early last night because of her parents, so in result s...