Our Wolf Family

Autorstwa Trooper-JJH

The roar of thunder filled the air and, the rain poured down on the forest floor, and in a small cabin a moth... Więcej

Main Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Choice
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 12

2K 30 19
Autorstwa Trooper-JJH

No one's POV

Kai, Mason, and Max were walking thru the village to the main gate to meet up with the older pups of the village for a hunt. However in preparation for the hunt Max asked if he could run back to his new house and get something. Kai allowed him out of curiosity of what the human needed. After a few minutes Max came into view with his backpack on and some kind of object that Kai has never seen before. 

Max's POV

Max assumed the wolves would be hunting with spears and bows and arrows. He knew how to use a bow cause his father taught him how to use one a few years ago. But, since he wasn't a master at using a bow he thought it would be a good idea to grab his father's AR-15 for the hunt that way he could have at least a better chance of killing something. 

When the boy got back to the two waiting wolves both of them looked at what he had with confused look on each of their faces. 

Kai: "Max what is that thing?" He said pointing to the rifle. 

Max: "It's an AR-15 it belonged to my father and I thought it would be help me out with the hunt. If that is alright you sir?"

Kai: "I don't see why not." He said nodding in approval. 

Max returned his nod and put his arm thru the guns sling and letting the rifle rest on his shoulder. With that the three restarted their walk to the gate. After a seconds they three finale made it to the gate were Max saw five other wolves standing by the gate. He saw three males and two females who all looked the same age or a little older than Angel. 

Max noticed that the males were all leaning against the left side of the gate and were talking with each other until they noticed Mason and Kai walking up. When the noticed they shot up and stood in front of them. 

The first wolf had orange and brown fur and had a very muscular body. He wore a leather shoulder pad on his right shoulder. The pad was connected with a strap that was connected to piece of armor that covered his stomach along with a leather short pants that went down to his knees.  

Name: Tullius 

Height: 10' 5'

Age: 18

The next wolf he saw had brownish red and white fur. He had a smaller body build and was a tad smaller than everyone else. And for clothing he only had leather pants on that went down to his knees. 

Name: Lukas

Age: 16

Height: 10' 2''

The last male had white fur all over except for his ears were covered with black fur. He had a somewhat muscular body. And wore a leather tunic and shorts that went to his thighs. 

Name: Ulfric 

Height: 10' 4''

Age: 17

All three of the males looked over in his direction and Max noticed that two of them had a confused and curious look on there faces. While the white one looked at him with disgust. 

Max then looked to the right side of the gate and saw the two females were already staring at him with their heads tilted and a curious look on their faces. 

The first female he saw had white and silver fur. She had an average body type and was wearing a full leather chest covering with pants that went to her upper thigh. 

Name: Serana 

Height: 10' 5''

Age: 16

The other one had pure white fur and an average body type she looked slightly smaller than the other female and wore a full leather chest covering and a skirt. 

Name: Lydia

Height: 10'4''

Age: 15

And every single one of them had a bow and arrow on their backs along with a large knife on their belts.

Max started to feel a little uncomfortable with all of them looking at him so he thought it was wise to stay near Mason for the time being. The one of the females stepped forward and spoke up. 

???: "Pardon me alpha but who is that?" She said pointing to Max.

Kai: "O yes, everyone this is the newest member of our group for the day. Everyone this is Max and, on a side note he is my mate's sister's pup so I expect you all to treat him with respect or deal with me. Is that understood." He said sternly. 

All wolves: "Yes alpha!"

Mason: "Max, this is Tullius, Lukas, Ulfric, Lydia, and Serana." He said motioning to them all 

Max: "Hi there my name is Max it is nice to meet you all." He said with a nervous smile. 

The wolves didn't say anything instead they just stood there looking at Max. But the sound of Mason clearing his voice made them all look to him. 

Mason: "Alright now let us begin. You all have been shown the areas you can hunt in. So I want you all to hunt for the entire day." He said with a smile. 

Kai: "You can hunt in a group or by yourself." 

Mason: "This is not a contest to see who brings back the biggest or most kills. This is only going to show us what you all have learned." 

Kai: "So, get going and be back before sun down." He said pointing towards the woods. 

With that said the group minus Mason and Kai walked of into the woods. Max had gotten a head of the wolves by a few paces but, he could still feel them all staring at him and he could even hear them whispering about him. 

In order to take his mind off them he brought up his AR-15 and pulled a magazine out of his backpack and placed it inside the magwell. After that he placed the mag inside of the rifle he pulled the bolt back and looked inside to see if the mag was loaded in properly. Once he confirmed it was good he let go of the bolt racking the first one in the chamber. He did keep the rifle on safety until he was ready to use it. 

Just then he heard two sets of feet quicken their pace then slow down right behind him. He knew that two of them were right behind him but he didn't which ones. That was until one of them spoke up. 

???: "Hey um Max was it we were wondering if we could ask you a question?" The voice said nervously. 

From the way the voice sounded it was one of the males that was speaking to him. Max then stopped and turned around and saw that it was. Tullius and Lydia. 

Lydia: " Hey um Max was it, we were all wondering what that thing is your holding?" She said pointing to the rifle. 

Max looked at his rifle and he a few seconds to thinks about her question but, before he could respond Ulfric spoke up. 

Ulfric: " Why even bother with him. He is just here cause Mason took him in. I bet he can't even track a dear." He said with a smirk on his face. 

Serana: " Yeah do you have any hunting experience." She said walking up while raising an eyebrow. 

Now all eyes were on Max just waiting for his answer. But luckily he knew just how to answer them. He looked up from his rifle and up to the group. 

Max: " Several years ago my birth father took me hunting everyday. We did this for about six years. He said staring at Ulfric with an emotionless.

This took the group by surprised. If what he said was true that meant that he was a experienced hunter. But before they could say anything Jacob looked over to Lydia and spoke up. 

Jacob: " And to answer your question Lydia, this is an AR-15 style rifle it has a range of about six hundred yards with pinpoint accuracy. He can fire thirty rounds at a rate of four hundred rounds per minute." He then paused for a second before continuing. " It was the last gift my father gave me before he was killed."  He said saddened. 

This took everyone by surprise their bows were very powerful but they couldn't hope to compete with Max's rifle. But while they were pondering what he said Ulfric decided to try and degrade Max but, he would soon regret that. 

Ulfric: "Huh well if your father must have been a weak hunter to let something  kill him." He said with a small chuckle.

Everyone was now looking at Ulfric with faces of pure shock and disgust of what Ulfric just said. Both Lydia and Serana had their hands over their mouths and gasped. But Tullius looked down and saw Max was slightly shaking and gripping his rifle very tightly. 

Ulfric: " What nothing to say little p..."

Max: " SHUT UP YOU OVERGROWN MUT!!!" He said in pure anger. 

Everyone was now looking not knowing what to say about his outburst. Even Ulfric was shocked this little human had the nerve to stand up to him. And Max just continued with his outburst. 

Max: "MY FATHER WAS KILLED BY GHOULS. THEY ARE CREATURES MADE OF PURE EVIL! THEY CAME INTO OUR HOME AND ATTEMPTED TO KILL ME AND MY FAMILY! AND MY FATHER WAS KILLED PROTECTING MY SIBLINGS AND MYSELF FROM THOSE DEMONS! HE DIED FIGHTING FOR HIS FAMILY AND PAID THE ULTIMATE PRICE FOR US! AND THE NEXT TIME YOU TALK ABOUT HIM THAT WAY I WILL SHOW YOU JUST HOW EFFECTIVE THIS WEAPON IS AT KILLING!!!" He said with venom and hatred in his voice. 

No one dared speak up out of fear. Here was someone who was both smaller and weaker compared to them and he was standing his ground and even threatening them without even blinking.

Max: " Now I'm going to go away from you all cause I can see that I'm unwanted right now. So good luck with your hunt and see you back at the gate at sun down."  He said taking a few deep breaths. 

With that said Max turned around and jogged of into the woods away from the group. After a second or two Tullius spoke up. And he had a few words to say to Ulfric.

Tullius's POV 

Tullius: " Well wait to go Ulfric! we had a chance to make a new friend and you had to go and run that mouth of yours. Now he doesn't even want to be near us anymore." He said very annoyed. 

Ulfric: " What, its not like he is the best thing that has happened to this village. He is just a stray that Summer and Mason took pity on." He said frustrated. 

Right then Ulfric had a hand strike him on the back of his head. He looked back and saw that Serana was the perpetrator who struck him and she had a very angry look on his face. 

Serana: " You need to check yourself Ulfric. Even though you don't care we do and you just ruined our opportunity to be friends with him. " She said pointing in the direction that Max  

Lukas: " Come on guys let's just continue with our hunt. We will talk with Max later."  He said letting out a sigh. 

With saying another word the group continued deeper into the forest. 

Time Skip

No one's POV

The sun was going down and the sky started to fill with red and orange colors. The air was filled with the sounds of the leafs rustling in a gentle breeze. The group of wolves had been quietly walking thru the woods in search of any sign of an animal. But turned up with nothing. And on a side note everyone except for Ulfric was worried since they haven't seen Max ever since he stormed of and they were starting to get worried about him. 

Lydia's POV

Lydia: " You all think Max is ok?" She said with a worried tone. 

Lukas: " Hopefully the little guy is ok I'd hate for something to happen to him." He said looking back the way they came from. 

Tullius: " I'm sure he is fine he said he has been hunting for a while. Let's just get a deer and then we will find him." He said hopefully. 

BOOM!!!

Just then the air was filled with a thunderous noise which caught everyone by surprise. 

Ulfric: " What was that?" He said looking around for the source of the noise.  

Tullius: " I don't no but what ever it was it didn't sound good." He said in a worried tone. 

As the group was looking around for the source however Serana took a few steps back not looking where she was placing her steps. She ended up miss placing her step and fell backwards down a hill. 

Serana: " AHHHH" She yelled. 

Everyone turned around to see her fall down the hill. 

Lydia: "SERANA!!"

Everyone quickly made their way down the hill and saw Serana laying at the bottom of the hill. When they got up to her she was holding her left ankle in pain.

Tullius:  "Serana are you ok?" He asked walking up to her.

Serana: " My ankle really hurts." She said in pain.

Lukas: "Ok Tullius lets pick her up and carry her back to the village."

Tullius: "Agreed let's get you back to the village at once." He said sternly.

The two of them walked up to her and knelt down and started to pick her up. But then Lydia heard a strange coming from behind them. She turned around and when she saw the source of the noise she became completely frozen in fear.

Lydia: " G-g-guys l-look." She said pointing behind them. 

Everyone looked were she was pointing and, when they all looked over and saw a massive grizzly bear coming out of the bushes a mere few feet from them. The bear had brown fur and massive teeth and claws. It also seemed to be growling very loudly and angrily at the group of wolves.

Lukas: " O crap that is not good." He said with fear. 

Serana: "W-what do we do Tullius." She said looking to her friend. 

Tullius: "We need to back away very slowly or it will charge us." He said very quietly. 

Even though the wolves were strong a full grown grizzly bear was still very deadly to them. It's raw strength alone could easily kill them and, with its claws and teeth only added to its threat to them. 

No the bear started to walk towards them while still growling. 

Lukas: " Tullius we can't carry Serana up the hill without that bear catching us. And I doubt we could draw our bows and shoot it before it closed the distance." He said trying to remain calm.

Tullius then quickly thought of a plan that he thought could work.

Tullius: "Ok here is what we need to do Ulfric and I are going to distract it while Lukas and lydia carry Serana up the hill."

Ulfric: " Ha screw that I'm getting out of here." He said while turning around and running up the hill leaving the rest of them to face the bear.

Lukas: "Ulfric you coward get back here right now!" He screamed.

After seeing the wolf run up the hill this caused the bear to roar out and do a full charge towards the remaining wolves. 

Tullius: " Lukas we need to hold this thing off." He then looked to the girls. "Lydia get Serana out of here we will hold this thing off." He said sternly.

Lydia: "No we aren't going to leave you guys." She said with tears in her eyes

Lukas: " Just go Lydia. That thing is going to kill us at least you can get her away while it deals with us." He said looking to the girls. 

All the remaining wolves just stared at the in coming bear as it charged them bearing its teeth ready to rip them all to shreds. Both girls had tears running down their cheeks while the boys drew their daggers and readied themselves for their finale fight. 

The bear was almost in arms reach of them when out out of nowhere.

BOOM BOOM BOOM !!!!

 Three more thunderous sounds were heard coming for behind them and on top of the hill. The bear quickly fell to the ground with blood running down its head from three holes that were located right between their eyes. The wolves could only look on in shock at what they saw. Yet Serana looked to the where she heard the sound coming from and what she saw made her eyes go as wide as they could. Up on top of the hill stood Max and she also saw a small trail of smoke coming out of the end of his weapon. 

Serana: " Everyone look up there it's Max." She said pointing to his location. 

Everyone looked up at him with shocked expressions on their faces. Max then placed his rifle on his back and started to make his way down to them. And after a few seconds he made it down to them and walked up to Serana and Lydia while Tullius still stared at him and Lukas inspected the bear's corpse.  

Max: "Is everyone ok? I heard the bear roar an..."

Max was cut off by Serana reaching out and quickly bringing him into a tight hug against her chest followed by Lydia hugging him from the back as the two let tears flow down their faces. 

Serana: ( Crying) " Thank you Max you saved us all." She said smiling at him. 

Lydia: ( Crying )" Yes thank you Max you are our hero."

The girl then released Max from their embrace gently setting them on the ground between him. Then Tullius and Lukas walked up and joined the girls still having shocked looks on their faces. 

Tullius: "Yes thank you Max we are all in your debt." He said while bowing his head to the boy. 

Lukas: " How did you even find us?"

Max: " Well I had killed a deer a few moments ago and was on my way back to the village but, I heard you guys calling out for help and decided to check up on you. He said letting out a sigh. 

Lydia: " But I thought you were still mad at us?" She said lowering her ears to the side of her head. 

Max: " Why would I be mad at you guys for something that Ulfric said and speaking of which were is he." He said looking up at him. 

Tullius: " That coward ran off leaving us here to die. Probably ran to the village." He said with venom in her voice. 

Everyone let out a low growl at the thought of Ulfric leaving them to the bear. After a few seconds Max spoke up. 

Max: " Well it is getting late and we need to head back I'm sure Kai and Mason are worried about us." He said with a small smile. 

Lukas: " Agreed we should get back before the sun fully sets."

Tullius: " Alright I'll carry Serana back while you guys walk beside us. "

Max: " What about the bear" He said looking at the corpse. 

Tullius: "We can't take it with us. It is far to heavy for us to carry it back. We will need to come back for it later." He said looking to Max. 

And with that Tullius walked over and picked up Serana bridal style. while the others walked behind him. However before they began to head back Lydia walked up behind Max and scooped him up and held him in a bridal style as well. 

Max: "Lydia what are you doing?" He said confused. 

Lydia: "If you think that I'm going to let you walk back then you are wrong." She said smiling down at him. 

Max knew that there was no way he could get out of this so he just laid back in her arms and allowed her to carry him back to the village. Once they reached the top of the hill Lukas Saw the deer that Max killed earlier. He then walked over to it and picked it up. 

Lukas's mind: "At least one of us should go back with a kill." He thought with a smile on his face. 

TO BE CONTINUED.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow you made it to the end of the chapter. All I want to say is thank you all for giving my story the time of your day. Please vote and comment what you thought about the chapter and, if there is any way I can improve my writing. And once again thank you all so very much.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

2.1K 76 18
They came from nowhere. Just suddenly appeared in 1990 and made a few cities. Anthros is what they call themselves. They were taller than most humans...
45.1K 712 26
Jason, a former mech soldier, has been asleep for hundreds of years. When he wakes, things aren't the same as they were when he was last awake. Stru...
29.6K 943 57
Join Loki the god of mischief and lies and Loki's daughter Mischief the mischievous cat, plus their kitty army on their very own chatroom