Lady Laila

By Sellyfronce

She was not born a lady, she was made one. She was not born into wealth, she was given it. Laila is a woman o... More

Chapter 1: TEN WOMEN
Chapter 2: MEETING
Chapter 3: SALOON
Chapter 4: ADVICE
Chapter 5: STRAWBERRIES
Chapter 6: TALKS
Chapter 7: LADY GARNET
Chapter 8: GEORGI
Chapter 9: CRUEL
Chapter 10: THE ARRIVAL
Chapter 11: PRINCESS SAYA OF LAINE
Chapter 12: GOSSIP
Chapter 13: NOTHING WRONG
Chapter 14: CELEBRATIONS
Chapter 15: POISON
Chapter 16: JUDGMENT
Chapter 17: GIVING UP
Chapter 18: GOLDSMITH
Chapter 19: NO MORE
Chapter 20: DIAMOND
Chapter 21: FABRICATED STORY
Chapter 22: MOORE
Chapter 23: THE WITCH
Chapter 24: SOMETHING TO LIVE FOR
Chapter 25: UNSURE
Chapter 26: FEELINGS
Chapter 27: LOVE
Chapter 28: LABOR
Chapter 29: CHANCE
Chapter 30: PROBLEMS
Chapter 31: RUDE AWAKENING
Chapter 32: AFTERMATH
Chapter 33: FRESH START
Chapter 34: Tête-à-tête
Chapter 35: MARRIAGE, CORONATION
Chapter 36: BACK
Chapter 37: SISTERS
Chapter 38: MEMORIES
Chapter 39: OMA
Chapter 40: VISIT
Chapter 41: 'HOME'
Chapter 42: HIS LOVE
Chapter 43: BY HIS SIDE
Chapter 44: JUST A DREAM
Chapter 45: ARRANGEMENTS
Chapter 46: REFUGEE
Chapter 47: DISCUSSION
Chapter 48: REQUEST
Chapter 49: SHOCK
Chapter 51: PERSONAL GUARD
Chapter 52: PRESENT FOR LAILA
Chapter 53: ABDUCTED
Chapter 54: INFORMED
Chapter 55: SIBLINGS
Chapter 56: CONNECTION
Chapter 57: LINK
Chapter 58: BABIES...DEATH
Chapter 59: BROKEN
Chapter 60: QUEEN OF SHEATH
BLOOD OF KHARIS IS OUT NOW!
BONUS CONTENT: FEMALE LEAD INTERVIEW
I'M COMING BACK

Chapter 50: TALK ABOUT IT

27.3K 1.5K 111
By Sellyfronce

Laila walks out of the castle, and into the garden, taking a seat on one of the stone chairs. He knows everything about her, everything she wanted to leave behind. It would have been easier keeping this secret with her till she died, but him, knowing only makes it harder for her to live with it. She does not think she can stay with him, knowing that he knows about who she truly is. Sure he says he doesn't care, but once they get married, people are going to know, people are going to talk, and that will definitely put pressure on him. What's worse? They might even brand their children! All these things solidify Oma's point. The both of them were never meant to leave that hill.

Laila doesn't know how long she's sitting there till Arthur makes his presence known.

"My Lady," he says, bowing.

"Commander." Seeing him take a seat beside her she wonders. How would he react if he knew who she truly was?

"What's troubling you? Don't tell me-"

"It's not about the king," she says, looking at him. "I mean part of it is not about him...it's me."

"What about you?"

Laila debates in her head, whether it would be wise to tell him about her life. Taking a deep breath, she says, "Let's say you are so in love with this person-"

"Like I am now?" he smirks, making her frown.

"I'm being serious."

"I apologize."

She gives him a stern look before continuing, "You are so in love, and you have finally gotten this woman. Both of you are living happily, but then you find out that her past is so ugly. In fact, somehow it ties into one of your siblings being hurt. Would you view that person differently?"

"Never"

"But don't you think that when the person makes mistakes, you would be more likely to blame it on her past?"

"But that's all it is...a mistake. Whoever will do that, clearly does not cherish the person. I know that I would never judge someone for the past, and I would rip apart anyone that would make her feel that way."

"What if she says, that the mere fact you know of this ugly past, makes her feel that way, even though it's not your intention."

"Then, I'd spend the rest of my life, ripping that mindset out of her head."

"..."

"My Lady, you have to go inside now, it is getting dark out here."

Looking around and seeing the sunset, she realizes she has actually been out here for a very long time. How long was she lost in her thoughts?
"Alright, thank you," she says, standing up, but stops turning back to him.

"She's very beautiful."

Furrowing his eyebrows, he asks, "Who?"
"Clarice."

"She's been through too much."

"I'm sorry-"

"Don't be. I'm not the one who went through it," he chuckles, standing up.

"Goodnight My Lady."

"Goodnight Commander."

They both part ways, Arthur to his quarters, and Laila to the king's chambers. She does not think she can sleep on the same bed with him, her heart, aches too much.

Opening the door, she sees the bed empty, her heart dropping. Why is she upset? She just said she did not want to sleep with him!
"I won't make you uncomfortable, you can have the bed," Stephan's voice says. Turning, she sees him lying on the long chair close to the divider.

Nodding, she changes into her nightgown, behind the divider, and goes to the bed, lying down. The silence between them is so deafening she does not think she can sleep.

"Can we talk about this?" Stephan asks, staring at the ceiling.

"...Yes."

"The Witch of the West."

"...What?"
"She was the first one who told me, you were her daughter"

Laila feels her throat tighten. Her own mother told the king who she truly was? Just like Oma, she didn't want her to succeed.

"When the princess asked me to go to The Witch of The West, and I told her she was dead, that was true, but she died while I was there. Almost like she knew I would come, and was waiting for me."

The woman says nothing, waiting for Stephan to continue.

"She told me she had two daughters, You and Oma. It was like she gave life to good and evil. I had to admit I was in shock. I couldn't form any words at all, but then things started to match up. When you were found unconscious by the bottom of the hill, she was the one who was with you, although she said she had left much earlier. Whenever she was around, your breathing would quicken, and I initially thought it was because she looked intimidating, but it all made sense, you had both fear and love for your sister."

"She's not my sister"

"...Okay. I didn't want to believe that either, but when Oma ran mad, that was the only opportunity for me to see for myself. I purposely relieved the guards of their duty that night and told them to leave the keys there. I watched as you entered, had a conversation, and ultimately set her free."

The guilt Laila feels from hearing this is unmatched, she begins sobbing quietly, trying her best to listen to what he's saying.

"When my brother found out she escaped, I told him to calm down, and leave it be-"

"Why? You knew it was me who let her go."

"I didn't care-"

"WHY DON'T YOU CARE?! He is your brother. She hurt your brother and the princess!"

Stephan nods, "I know. But I put myself in your position. I have loved Xerxes since I knew myself. I know that despite what wrong my brother would have done, I would never allow him to rot in prison. Oma was a good sister to you in the past, and you loved her."

Laila does not say anything, wiping away her tears, but more flow.

"When I was a slave, my brother and I were always given the most difficult things, despite our age. We were whipped every day, and one time, I fell very sick. They wanted to throw me away like a pile of horse dung, in fact, horse dung was more useful than I was. At least they could use it for manure. But Xerxes did not let them, he said he would do my share of the work. In the end, he couldn't finish it because it was impossible for one person to pick an acre of land filled with corn before noon. They whipped him mercilessly, and when he came back, parts of his back were missing skin. Even with that, he told me to shut up, as he laid a cold rag on my head because my fever was not letting up. Till this day I do not forgive myself for falling sick that day."

"It was not your fault."

"Neither is it yours."

"..."

"Mina, the gods bless her, managed to get us out of there by seducing the man that was overseeing us. She lost her life in the process. My brother and I trained and allied with the people, that were against the growing kingdoms, forming an army. As we conquered, more people began rallying behind us, and here we are. I don't blame my brother for instilling fear into his people, to the extent that his name sends shivers down their spine. I, a social butterfly, could not live with it, but it does not change the fact that we're both monsters."

"No, you're not."

Chuckling, Stephan replies, "Sweet Pea, Xerxes and I murdered women, children, every family that was behind the killing of mine. It was like their cries gave me joy, it healed my scars. I loved seeing them beg for mercy, and I enjoyed painting the roads with their blood."

"That was the consequence they had to bear for overthrowing your family. The end justifies the means."

"Then what about you? If you can lie there, and tell me that what I did was justified, then you that has a past that you are unfortunately linked to, why aren't you justified?"

"Because I can't push away the guilt, because me releasing Oma was not the past but the present, because you were tortured, and they created what you are now, but I was not."

Stephan sighs, "I've spent a long time, thinking about how you would react if I told you my story, and all of them ended with you running away from me-"
"I would never,"

"The same goes for me. I told you, princess, that I am more in love with you than you are with me. I cannot see a future without you, because it is impossible. I love you too much to let you slip out of my hands."

"..."

It's amazing how Laila's tears keep flowing. Can she really live with Stephan? Do they have a future?
"I leave for Amaris in two days, and I wouldn't want us to be in this mess when I depart."

"...Can you come...lay with me?"

The king says nothing, but gets up, and does as she asks. Taking her in his arms, he kisses her forehead.

"I don't care who is related to you. I care about you, and I will never use your past against you."

"Your people will find out -"

"And anyone that says a word to tarnish your image will be severely punished. Believe me, when I say, I will always be there for you."

Looking up at him, Stephan uses the opportunity to wipe her tears.

"My sister is still alive."

"She will never come close to Moore, you read it in the letter. This means, her target is you. I will leave some of my men here, and one that will stay by your side at all times-"
"I don't think all of that is necessary."

"It is. My priority is you and our children. I will die for any of you if the need arises."

Tears again!! Laila sniffles, placing her hand on his cheek. "I love you."

"I love you more princess."

Stephan's lips come down on hers, sealing their love for each other

Please comment and vote!
SEE YOU TOMORROW! ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.5K 1.6K 23
"I don't have a heart . " he said leaning away from her touch . her light was too overwhelming for the darkness inside his very soul . he was the tr...
6M 260K 63
She leaves her family to live with a man she has never met. She's only read about him, and knows the hell she's getting into, but she does this to sa...
305K 12K 31
I could see him grinning out of the corner of my eye. He was enjoying this far too much. "Just do not ever scare me like that again, Jasper," I fusse...
1.5K 298 39
Have you ever seen world within a world ? "In saving the world, he lost his own. She longed to love him, but darkness claimed her first. In your scar...