Lady Laila

De Sellyfronce

She was not born a lady, she was made one. She was not born into wealth, she was given it. Laila is a woman o... Mais

Chapter 1: TEN WOMEN
Chapter 2: MEETING
Chapter 3: SALOON
Chapter 4: ADVICE
Chapter 5: STRAWBERRIES
Chapter 6: TALKS
Chapter 7: LADY GARNET
Chapter 8: GEORGI
Chapter 9: CRUEL
Chapter 10: THE ARRIVAL
Chapter 11: PRINCESS SAYA OF LAINE
Chapter 12: GOSSIP
Chapter 13: NOTHING WRONG
Chapter 14: CELEBRATIONS
Chapter 15: POISON
Chapter 16: JUDGMENT
Chapter 17: GIVING UP
Chapter 18: GOLDSMITH
Chapter 19: NO MORE
Chapter 20: DIAMOND
Chapter 21: FABRICATED STORY
Chapter 22: MOORE
Chapter 23: THE WITCH
Chapter 24: SOMETHING TO LIVE FOR
Chapter 25: UNSURE
Chapter 26: FEELINGS
Chapter 27: LOVE
Chapter 28: LABOR
Chapter 29: CHANCE
Chapter 30: PROBLEMS
Chapter 31: RUDE AWAKENING
Chapter 32: AFTERMATH
Chapter 33: FRESH START
Chapter 34: Tête-à-tête
Chapter 35: MARRIAGE, CORONATION
Chapter 36: BACK
Chapter 37: SISTERS
Chapter 38: MEMORIES
Chapter 39: OMA
Chapter 40: VISIT
Chapter 41: 'HOME'
Chapter 42: HIS LOVE
Chapter 43: BY HIS SIDE
Chapter 44: JUST A DREAM
Chapter 46: REFUGEE
Chapter 47: DISCUSSION
Chapter 48: REQUEST
Chapter 49: SHOCK
Chapter 50: TALK ABOUT IT
Chapter 51: PERSONAL GUARD
Chapter 52: PRESENT FOR LAILA
Chapter 53: ABDUCTED
Chapter 54: INFORMED
Chapter 55: SIBLINGS
Chapter 56: CONNECTION
Chapter 57: LINK
Chapter 58: BABIES...DEATH
Chapter 59: BROKEN
Chapter 60: QUEEN OF SHEATH
BLOOD OF KHARIS IS OUT NOW!
BONUS CONTENT: FEMALE LEAD INTERVIEW
I'M COMING BACK

Chapter 45: ARRANGEMENTS

31.1K 1.5K 191
De Sellyfronce

As Laila washes up in the tub, she cannot help but replay the words of the king in her head.

"I will never, ever, in my life, imprison, not to talk of killing you for anything"

Letting out a sigh, she splashes water on her face. Why did she have to say those words out loud?

"Because of the dream."

She mutters to herself, moving her hand over her belly, deep in thought. Still, she shouldn't have said it out loud. His face, right when he left the room, held disappointment and anger. How long will she be this way?

Looking down at her round belly, she thinks about last night.

"She doesn't know how much she means to this certain man. She doesn't know the lengths that man would go, just to keep her with him. She doesn't know that she owns his heart, that is why nothing could ever make him leave her. He is the happiest man in all the kingdoms, because of this queen, and the new family they will have together."

Heat rushes to her face as she recalls this.

"He's the happiest man in all the kingdoms...because of us," she talks to her bump, tears leaving her eyes. Groaning in annoyance, she wipes them away. What is with her and crying now? It is getting too much.

"Dear sister, if I cannot be happy then you can't either."

Laila stands up, getting out of the tub...she does not need to recall ALL of last night, and she's still unsure whether her first meeting with Oma was actually a dream.

"Gods," she whispers, walking out and dressing up. A knock from the door gets her attention.

It can't be the king, he never knocks when he's upset.

"Come in."

"My Lady," Sandra greets, walking in with a large tray.

"Sandra." Laila helps her set the tray on the table

"I normally eat downstairs...Why did you bring so much?" she asks, looking at the bowl of assorted fresh fruits, another bowl of assorted fresh nuts, a bowl of rice, a plate of meat with cubes of cheese. This is too much!

"The king told me to fill the tray and bring it up to you," Sandra explains. A smile tugs at Laila's lips, taking a seat and eating only a few spoons of rice before diving into the fruits.

"...You told me, Mr. Godfrey got you fresh fruits, that I shouldn't worry."

"No, I said, Mr. Godfrey got me fruits, and that you shouldn't worry."

"My Lady," Sandra frowns.

"It's alright. Not eating fresh fruits for a few months didn't kill me."

"But you love them! It's your pregnancy craving!"

"I'm eating them now," Laila smiles, enjoying the grapes.

"Princess Saya also craved fresh fruits when she was pregnant."

Sandra's frown drops as she inches closer.

"The king didn't go to Moore this year...you know it was because of you right?"

Finishing the fruits in the bowl, she turns to her friend, nodding, "He told me. Let's go see the strawberries." Laila wants to avoid the topic of the king at all costs, even though she knows she can confide in her friend.

"We received word from King Xerxes," General Baine says to Stephan who is sitting in the study.

Taking the scroll from him, the king opens it reading thoroughly.

"It's all good news. Him, joining us in the war though he sees it as worthless is enough for us."

His Man of Coin clears his throat, all the attention in the room, going to him. "My Lord, do we need to conquer another kingdom? It is very far from ours and takes at least a week or two to get there. They know nothing about us, so why should we bother them? Our land is blessed and sufficient enough."

Stephan's eyes narrow upon hearing his suggestion, turning to his other advisors he says, "It seems we need a new Man of Coin."

Count Richard falls to the ground immediately, his head to the floor. "Forgive me, My Lord. It is only in your-"

"It is in YOUR interest Count Richard, not mine. If you know my interests then you'll know very well, that I don't take slavery likely. I do not tolerate it. The number of slaves that have run away from there, and sought refuge here is increasing. Don't you think my best interest lies in ending that slavery, so the people can go back and live in peace?"

"Y-yes My Lord," he says, sweat breaking out on his forehead.

Stephan turns to the General, "What have your spies gathered about this kingdom?"

"Amaris is a large kingdom that takes slavery very seriously. However, there seems to be a problem with power."

"How so?"

"The prince that is to ascend the throne, Prince Nicholas Chadwick of Amaris, is against slavery and all it has to offer."

Chuckling, Stephan questions further, "A prince that was practically given everything, does not like the slaves that work for him? Has he been in their shoes or does he dread the way they're treated?"

"...His lover is a slave, My Lord."

"...Oh"

"He abandoned the throne."

"Well, that is convenient. Why abandon it when he needs to be king to save his lover?"

"His family imprisoned him and hung her in front of the people...she was heavily pregnant."

Stephan feels his blood boiling. They hung a pregnant woman because she was a slave?

"That family deserves to die, a life for a life."

General Baine shakes his head, "The woman survived, rescued by the prince's oldest sister Charlene, firstborn of the king and queen. It was like a miracle, no one expected her to make it."

"Interesting, they imprisoned the son, but let the daughter roam about when they knew she was against it as well."

"She is married to the King of another kingdom, Dawn...slavery is forbidden there, just like here."

"A true hero. Then it is clear their children have cut ties with Amaris...that will do. How are the refugees?"

"They're alright, but it is difficult for them to settle in. All but one speak our language. I sent the commander there, and he found a lady, who can speak both. Clarice is her name."

"I want to speak with her before we make moves to conquer that kingdom."

"Yes, My Lord."

Stephan furrows his eyebrows as he sees, his Man of Coin still on the floor, his head down.

"Get up, Count Richard, and choose your words wisely next time."

"Yes My Lord, I will, please forgive my foolishness," he says, to the retreating figure walking out of the study.

Laila smiles, looking at the strawberries that have grown, most are green, a few red.

"I told you I would take good care of them," Sandra says with a smile on her face.

"Laila," they both hear, turning to see Arthur. He certainly looks shocked to see how big her belly is.

"Could you please excuse us, Sandra?"

Nodding, the woman walks away leaving Laila to walk up to Arthur giving him a shy friendly smile.

Both of them take a seat on the grass, silence between them. Clearing his throat Arthur finally speaks, "I didn't know you were back here."

"It hasn't been long. I came yesterday."

He nods, before looking at her belly.

"How is your baby?"

"They're fine."

"They?" he arches an eyebrow at her. She nods, "Twins."

"Oh..."

Laila can tell he wants to say something, but he doesn't know if he should bring it up.

"Commander-"

"I searched for you everywhere that night."

The woman feels her heart tug at his words, "I know..."

"I was so scared that something would happen to you. I wouldn't have forgiven myself if you got hurt...or worse-"
"I'm fine-"

"And then I asked Sandra where you were. I pleaded with her, that I really needed to see, you and she said-"
"I didn't want to see anyone."

"...Yeah."

"After everything that happened, I was ashamed of myself. I needed to clear my head. I wanted to be alone, and raise my children by myself because I believe that is what's destined for me in the end."

"Beautiful-"

"Then the king came along and dragged me back here."

"He's no good for you."

"I know"

"I can get you out of here. We can run away together. I promise to raise them like my own children."

"Arthur-"

"He does not deserve you Beautiful. He's hurt you too much. Just give me one chance."

The man turns to her, taking her hand. Laila looks at his hand, then back up at him, giving him an apologetic smile. Call her crazy but she knows any sane woman would take this opportunity. This man does not care that she is pregnant with another man's twins, his love for her surpasses that. If it was in a world where she had even a quarter of the love he has for her, she would say yes. In this life, she is a fool, a woman who will go back to the king once he apologizes for what he's done. That is what this type of love has done to her, she cannot even think of herself being with any other man but King Stephan of Sheath.

A man clears his throat behind them, and they distance themselves. Arthur helps her up, as they turn to see King Stephan standing there, looking not so happy about what he's seen.

Oh no! Laila prays he did not hear their conversation, but he definitely did from the looks of it.

COMMENT AND VOTE PLEASE! 

UPDATING EARLY BECAUSE I WON'T HAVE TIME LATER IN THE DAY! ❤

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

17.8K 562 32
"I'm sorry Luna," I said, with the little bit of respect I could muster and slightly bowed my head. "But I can't simply forgive you. You're still thi...
1.5K 298 39
Have you ever seen world within a world ? "In saving the world, he lost his own. She longed to love him, but darkness claimed her first. In your scar...
52.8K 1.2K 26
Helena felt goosebumps all over her body and even stifled out a moan when he pushed up into her groin with his hips. "Mmm, don't you look delicious t...
1.3M 41.9K 59
Oliver, leave me. I have to go inside", I said making a failed attempt to free myself. "What is wrong with...", and the rest of the words got lost as...