-Blessed by Divinity: Eternit...

By arjun_snm

The sequel to 'Blessed by Divinity'. All hopes of an early retirement are lost for Aaron as he is called on... More

Prologue- A New Age
Returning Home
A New Threat
A Tight Situation
The Mainland
Nightmare World
A New Face
Shaking the Rust
The Mining City
Protecting What We Can't
Remnants
A Phantom Performance
A New Goal
Battle at the Ruins
A Touching Reunion
Unleashed Potential
Taking a Detour
Snowpoint Temple
Battle at the Depths
Undying Flame
A Pokemon's Dream
The City on the Coast
The Silent Trainer
Nightmare World II
Desperate Measures
New Competition
The Fox's True Power
Unexpected Help
A Psychic's Prediction
Wishing on a Star
Emerging from the Shadows
The Wish Pokemon
The City of the Setting Sun
The Sunyshore Brothers
A Devil's Return
Vista Lighthouse Showdown
Nightmare World III
Flying Solo
Parting Ways
Passion Reignited
A Titanic Clash
The Tallest Mountain
The Puppet Master
World's Most Wanted
Endless Sea
Nightmare World IV
Together
Descent
Clash at the Summit
Primal Instincts
Cursed
Revenge
Ascension
Truth and Ideals
Battle at the End of the Void
Divinity Reborn
Letting Loose
Progress
Celestial Power
Destruction
No Control
Faded Mirror
Patience and Pent Up Power
Battle at the Fallen King's Throne
Fate
Draconic Power
Divinity Awakened
Reality
Epilogue - Almighty Sinnoh
A/N

Trouble in Paradise

25 0 1
By arjun_snm

"About fucking time!"

Finally, Empoleon and I had made it to the end of the insanely long grassy bridge. Hunched over, I leaned on the shoulder of the water type, tired out from the hours of walking. The sun was sat on the open ocean just ahead of the small island we had been led to. The calm waters stirred gently under the light breeze, making the long walk worth it for this beautiful view.

"How about that Empoleon? I bet no one else has seen a view like this."

The water type nodded in agreement, his eyes fixed on the picturesque sight ahead of us. After a few minutes of appreciating the view, I turned my attention to the small island we were stood on.

Flowers of all shapes and sizes decorated the grassy land. The edges of the island were steep, meaning it wasn't exactly safe to jump into the water surrounding us. I looked up, toward the small hill at the center of the island, flowers describing a path that lead to the hills' peak.

Slowly, I made my way up the path, approaching the hill's peak. Now that I stood at the highest point of the island, I could clearly see all the way around. The island was considerably small, so it didn't surprise me that its location wasn't mentioned in any maps of the region.

At the center of the hill, there was a small six leafed flower. The petals were flushed a light rose, the flower at the center a light yellow colour. It blew gently in the breeze, the few leaves blowing gently. I crouched down beside the flower, examining it more closely.

It was then, that I recognised the flower. This was a Gracidea flower and was extremely rare in the Sinnoh region. In fact, I wasn't sure I had even heard of any regions being native to this type of flower.

"Shaaaayyyy"

The cry of a pokemon rang out from the skies caught my attention. I took a step back, looking toward the clear sky above but there was no sign of the pokemon. Quickly, I turned to Empoleon but he simply shrugged his shoulders, also confused by the mysterious cry.

"Finally you show yourself! I've been waiting for forever!

A familiar voice rang in my ears as the shadows of two jet like pokemon descended from the air, landing where the grassy bridge met the small flowered island. Under the light of the setting sun, a deep purple haired woman revealed herself. The two pokemon by her side, coloured blue and red stared out to me, their eyes unmoving.

Slowly, I started shaking my head, a manic grin spreading across my face. I felt my eyes glowing under the evening sun, fixed on the uniformed woman before me.

"I know you didn't just follow me here after I did all the hard work." I looked up, staring straight into Jupiter's soul, unimpressed by how easily she found this island. "You have no idea how long it took to walk across that damn bridge and I'm not in the mood for any of your shit."

"Hmph, it doesn't matter what you think Dawn. I'm here for the pokemon, not you."

In response I let out a short laugh, unimpressed by the woman's attitude. "No, no. no. I don't think you realise Jupiter. You're going to turn around and leave before I change my mind."

The purple haired woman screwed her eyes, unsure how to respond to what I was saying. In truth, I didn't care if she came at me with the strength of the gods because I was going to make sure she regretted following me, especially after I walked across that entire bridge.

Empoleon made his presence clear, equally unimpressed by how Jupiter and the two pokemon beside her had just copied our homework. I reached for a second pokeball, releasing Gengar from her pokeball. The ghost pokemon quickly realised what was going on, turning her attention to the two dragon pokemon beside Jupiter.

"Fine have it your way. Latios, Latias, we'll get rid of her quickly."

The two eon pokemon moved forward, taking their battle stances in front of their trainer. Neither of my pokemon needed any instructions, taking their positions on the hill just in front of where I was stood.

"Latios, use shadow ball! Latias, aura sphere!"

Just as the two dragon pokemon fired their attacks, both Empoleon and Gengar nodded to each other, switching positions in a flash. The fighting move directed to the water type instead phased through the phantom pokemon, leaving Gengar unaffected. Empoleon stood steadfast as the ghost move connected, kicking up small dust cloud. As it faded, the water type emerged, unfazed by the shadow ball attack.

"Now, our turn! Use toxic surf!"

Both pokemon followed the call out, Empoleon summoning a huge tidal wave from the side of the island. Gengar mirrored her partner, creating a deep purple wave of sludge, the two moves converging on the eon pokemon who were unable to avoid the attack.

As the contaminated water washed away into the sea, both Latios and Latias were visibly injured from the combination of moves. Though, they both cried out, showing that they wouldn't be defeated so easily.

Jupiter gritted her teeth, clearly pissed that I had already taken such an early advantage, even when she called the first move. "Whatever Dawn, you won't be looking so smug when we're done. Helping hand and thunder!"

Latias turned to her partner, lending a hand as Latios fired a huge blast of lightning toward the two pokemon before me.

"Use ice bolt to counter!"

There was no hesitation from either pokemon as they fired their attacks at once. Empoleon shot an icy cold beam as Gengar fired an electrifying thunderbolt. Both attacks merged into one, the bolt of lightning now coloured a frosty blue as it collided with the huge lightning blast, kicking up a huge smoke cloud.

I turned away, not wanting any smoke to fill my eyes, but I already knew my pokemon would be preparing for the next move. As thick smoke eventually cleared, only Empoleon was stood before me, Gengar nowhere to be found.

"Hmph, that Gengar already give up? Latias, dragon pulse, Latios, thunder!"

I only smirked in response as Empoleon used his ice beam attack to create a thick ice wall in front of him. The two moves crashed into the frosty barrier, the ice crumbling into nothingness.

"Keep it going, Latios use draco meteor, Latias, helping hand!"

Once again the two eon pokemon worked in tandem as the red jet pokemon gave her support to her partner. Latios leaned back, preparing to launch a huge draconic meteor into the sky.

"Now Gengar! Dazzling gleam!"

Without a moment's notice, the phantom pokemon reappeared from the shadows behind the two dragon pokemon, emanating a blinding white light. Neither Latias nor Latios were prepared, both of them crashing into the ground from being hit directly with a super effective move from close range. Nevertheless, they returned to the skies, not prepared to lose just yet.

"I'll give it to you Jupiter. This battle's been fun, but I think we're about done here."

The purple haired woman grimaced, the realisation that her loss was imminent now settling in. Even with the legendary pokemon beside her, she was no match for me in battle.

"Now let's end this! Use shadow cannon!"

"Not just yet, use luster purge and mist ball!"

Both Empoleon and Gengar exchanged nods, finally able to use their signature move in battle. The water type channeled his energy into this final attack as the phantom pokemon by his side fired a huge sphere of ghostly energy. Just then, Empoleon fired a condensed ball of torrential water, the two moves fusing into a huge purple ball of energy.

But Latios and Latias weren't going to sit by, both firing their signature attacks in response to out finishing move. Both psychic moves weren't a match for the huge sphere of ominous energy, the attack easily cutting through.

The eon pokemon were helpless as the finishing move hit them directly, knocking them out. Jupiter didn't hesitate to return the pokemon, not wanting to face the shame of such a quick loss. 

She looked over to me one last time, "Whatever, we don't need that pokemon anyway. It's time to set everything in motion and then even you won't be able to do anything. Hmph, those prices on your heads ought to be raised but its enough for now."

With that, Jupiter turned away, calling out a large black crow pokemon. She didn't hesitate as she made her escape on the back of her Honchkrow.

With that, the sun had finally set, veiling the island under the night sky. Now the stars were in full view as the three of us looked up to the clear sky above. At last, I was able to pick up where I left off, turning to the Gracidea flower behind where I was stood, dismissing what Jupiter had said.

"Shaaaayyyy"

There was a familiar cry as I leaned down to the rose petalled flower. The grass beneath the flower stirred as a bright green flash of light burst out from underground. As it faded, I couldn't believe my eyes as they fell on a small grassy pokemon. There was a Gracidea tucked neatly in the grassy fur on each side of the pokemon's head, its beady eyes looking into mine with patience.

A smile formed on my face as I crouched down to the pokemon, seeing its joyous expression mirrored on its face. No words needed to be exchanged as I reached for a pokeball, the small grass type gently pressing the button, allowing itself to be captured. With that, Shaymin was added to the team.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 9 16
*Sequel to Pokémon Myth & Pokémon Legends* +Prequel to Pokémon Project AZ+ A/N: There will be some characters coming back from the other book, but...
12.1K 459 51
Isaiah Wright is an introverted, nonchalant teenage boy who never puts himself in the spotlight. After training under Alder for nearly 5 years, at th...
24.5K 1K 52
Ash was unexpectedly selected for Kanto High academy - one of the most popular academy in all regions. There he met with all his friends - new and ol...
2.8K 130 13
Almost two years after the curse was broken, everyone in the royal province in Sinnoh was celebrating Christmas Eve. When all of Ash's friends and fa...