Midnight Circus | CLN Intervi...

By CLNighters

โ ๐‹๐ข๐Ÿ๐ž ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ญ๐ข๐œ๐ค๐ž๐ญ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ฌ๐ก๐จ๐ฐ ๐จ๐ง ๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ก โž Have you ever wondered a... More

Introduction
Meet the Circus
Rules
Rules for Communities
Nominate Yourself Form
Nominate An Author Form
Nominate/Self-Nominate a Graphic Designer Form
Nominate Your Community Form
Vintage
Penpatron
TrinityStellaParker
DAJ2020
SilverSlytherinQueen
Marcafwrites
Abalyes_Voltaris
_Twisted_Roses_
LiyAwritesgold
-DreamingFirefly-
Laz-lequil

OctoberAsters

10 2 0
By CLNighters

Hello! I am Pie, from the Crazy Late Nighters community. Please state the name/nickname that you want to go by in this interview. If you are ready to get interviewed, please let me know.

Hello, I am Inerys! And yes we can do the interview.

Hi, Inerys! It’s such a great pleasure to be able to interview you. So, my first question is how did you discover Wattpad?

I discovered about Wattpad after one of my friends persuaded me to check it in 2016 but I actually just made an account then. In 2018, I guess I started reading on Wattpad and found it cool.

Well, being persuaded to join something is surely something that we all pass by. However, we all don’t join it because of our different interests and circumstances. It’s great that you have joined Wattpad! It looks like Ineffable is your first written story on Wattpad, can you tell something about it?

Ineffable is not just a story about two people (Noah and Iris) meeting and falling in love. It is about two people who know they are different but, as they start to know each other more, they realize they are counterparts of each other and heal each other from their past together. I would say that Ineffable is a light-hearted story (very pg-13) but also focuses on topics that teenagers deal with.

Ah! I see. Because of the topics where teenagers get related and understand them they get their full attention to your story. I think that’s why your story got lots of reads and votes! And plus nowadays in quarantine, everyone is bored, so they read romance, horror and humour stories to spice up their moods. Do you have any favourite character in Ineffable? If you do, then who is it? And why is that character special to you?

Oh my god, this is a tough one. It is like asking my grandfather who is his favourite: me or my other cousins. Okay, I will be honest. My characters, especially the main gang-I love them a lot. Even though they are different from me, there is always something that makes me connect with them individually. But (here comes the big reveal) I love Iris Cooper a bit more. Look, I have a favorite for different situations but Iris Cooper-she is very special to me.

I graduated from high school a year ago. Let’s just say last year was a pain in the ass but writing helped and Iris is the first character I ever wrote about when I started writing. Also, I relate to her, except in love matters (we have very different choices in that). Metaphorically speaking, I think her kindness and her ambition are what keeps me motivated and driven to my personal goals. I don’t know how to explain the respect and love I have for her but yeah, she is really special to me. Almost like a best friend but I created her? :D

The way you explained Iris Cooper's personality and things makes her my favourite too! And it must be a great relief of yours because writing about Iris Cooper made you feel a lot lighter and happier. Did you have any hidden messages/morals in Ineffable? If you did, can you spoil it?

Till now I have posted 35 chapters and I think I can spoil one of the things? I don’t know if the readers noticed it but Noah Radcliffe is a feminist and I don’t think I need to explain that men can be feminists. So, Noah is an example that he doesn’t need to shout that he is a feminist. The acts are mere proof of it.

In my opinion, Noah looks like an unique character because of his feminist personality. And it’s interesting how there are unique characters in your story! What are your strengths and weaknesses in writing?

I don’t want to brag or anything but I think my strengths would be how I write dialogues and my characters. I think my main weakness is the editing. I’ve noticed that I always have some errors in tense or some major typos in the chapter after I have posted it and I feel so embarrassed about it later >_<

Hi5! Same, I also have terrible grammatical errors - _ - . Sometimes I even question myself if I even learned English Language in my primary school! When did you start writing and who inspired you to keep writing?

Haha, agreed! I question the same too?
I think I started writing in ninth grade. I used to write poems a lot and I used to think poems are my forte but little did I know I would get more interested in story writing in eleventh. For inspiration, it has to be Rick Riordan and Sarah J Maas. I love their stories but the way they wrote them is what inspired me a lot. Also writers like Nicole (The Bad Boy and The Tomboy), Rubix (The Good Girl’s Bad Boys Series), Yuen (The Hoodie Girl and A Thousand Storm Series), So (The Devil’s Match), and Lehualani (Killing Samuel and Moving On), they inspired me to keep writing too.

Wow, you got inspired by many tons of people! Judging from your writing style, I believe that you also learnt a lot of writing skills in those past years! Well, I have been asking a lot of questions on your story and things. If you were given a chance to get a super power, what would it be and why?

Oh! I love this question. I would love the power of mind-reading. I have reasons: 1) people are hard to read 2) I am lazy so I just want what they want so they leave to sleep and 3) I want to know how Edward Cullen really felt.

Wow, that’s a great superpower tho! I would also love to have this type of superpower! What other genre of books are you planning to write next? And why?

Till now I have plans for three more books, one of them is a take on Greek mythology. Like I said before, Rick Riordan inspired me a lot and because of PJO, I got more interested in greek mythology. So, I thought why not use this knowledge and write something cool on it! :D

Well Greek mythology is surely something cool and unique! I would love to learn and read about Greek mythology! What was one of the most surprising things you learned while writing your book?

The enemy of every writer. The writer’s block. When I started writing, I really thought I would complete my book within 3 months since everything was already planned. Oh, how wrong I was! It took me a year to complete the first draft but now I can face it and win!

So I can see that you have overcome that writer’s block! That’s great! Are there any other writer’s block or bashers that you have faced or are facing?

I have faced one during English exams. It was really bad. I just couldn’t of anything to write and lost some marks for that :’(

Oh, don’t get sad! Successful people have to get through a lot of experience! And this experience makes you better! How do you usually get an idea of a story plot/ character?

For characters, I kind of take inspiration from the people I have met. For plot, I guess the more I write, it just develops eventually. Also I will be lying if I say I don’t get ideas from the movies I’ve watched or the books I’ve read.

It’s okay to get inspired by other people! I also believe that you also inspire lots of young writers! Can you give a piece of advice for the beginner writers out there?

Read a lot. Not only like a reader but read like a writer; understand the way they have described scenes or characters, how the plot and the characters develop throughout the story. The one advice I wish someone had given me when I started writing is to write what you want to read. Don’t write something only because there is a trend going on or people read that more. Believe in yourself and your story.

Wow, that’s great advice. I believe that the young writers will find this really helpful! If your life would be turned into a book, what would be the title and why?

Oh my god! I don’t think my life is that interesting! But my best friend and I thought about this question once and I believe the title we decided upon was “Weird, Awkward and Clumsy: Perfect Recipe for Disaster”. I mean the title explains my life a lot :D

Lol! I believe your life story would be a genre of chaos and humour XD. And many people love to read humour books when they are bored! Do you have a writing schedule? How often do you write in a week?

Before college started, I used to write everyday for like 8 hours but now, writing for 3 hours is enough. I try to do it everyday but I actually write for three days only. Sometimes, I cheat on my studies and start writing because studies aren’t really fun.

Yes! School is really boring - _ -. Well it seems that writing is an escape for you from boring stuff! In your opinion, what makes a good/ standard story?

Definitely the characters. Personally, if I do not like the main characters, I can't like that story. Because they are the ones who make up everything in it. So, if that gets screwed up, I think the whole story does too.

Same! I also agree with you! The characters hold a very important role in the stories. How long does it take to write a book?

Not counting the weekly updates, Ineffable took a year and half. This includes three drafts and editing. Editing is the one that took a half year but is still scary.

Wow, that sounds tiring. I didn’t know my fellow writers had to do so much hard work T^T.  How do you deal with bashers or writer’s block?

Have you seen that episode of Brooklynn Nine-Nine when Peralta had a slump? He got out of it after doing some boring organizing stuff. I do the exact same thing; I do the boring stuff so that the creative switch turns on again. Sometimes, it takes me a month to get out of it but it’s worth it. Really worth it. Also, movies, tv series, and novels are really helpful too.

Well unfortunately, I haven’t seen Brooklyn Nine-Nine, but I saw plenty of clips about it! And it’s great if it’s worth the time! Because, all’s well that ends well right? By the way, what’s your first impression towards the CLN community?

Oh! So I got to know about CLN after a fellow writer friend of mine recommended it to me for participating in the awards. To be honest, I was really curious because of the “CLN” and when I got to know the full form, I knew this is a one lit community. I am too a Late Nighter and definitely crazy so it feels nice that a community like this exists.

Woah, it felt so good that you are happy to see our community! And we welcome you a lot in our community! Can you describe yourself in three words/ adjectives?

I guess three adjectives I would use are: Friendly. Ambitious. Sassy.

Friendly, Ambitious and Sassy? Wow, it seems like you’re a very interesting and wonderful person! Well, as you have told me that you’re planning next on to write a book on Greek Mythology. How did you come up with the idea of Greek mythology? And how did you do the research for it?

You know as a writer, sometimes, you need to dive into Pinterest for inspiration or for passing time. So, while passing time, I found a prompt and I absolutely loved it! The initial plan was not to include greek mythology but had to! It was like my characters were begging me to put it-okay. Wait, no they weren’t; it was just my weird mind.

Research for such a topic is not really easy. Everyone knows about Greek Gods and Goddesses but there are so many different interpretations of one story and so many different sources that I have to be careful. Also, being a PJO fan and writing about Greek Mythology is quite difficult. Sometimes, I have to refrain myself from making it fanfic. XD

Same! I also pass my time out on Pinterest when I am bored. And to be honest with you, I also find really new and cool stuff on Pinterest too! And in Greek mythology, Greek gods and goddesses are the most interesting and important! It gets complicated and fun at the same time!

Btw, if you want to, you can make a fanfiction about this Greek mythology XD. I would love to read it. What do you hope to accomplish with your writing? And where do you see yourself after five years?

I am actually studying Computer Science Engineering and I want to be a developer. So, I don’t know. Like personally, I would like to be a published writer but I don’t think (unnecessary and confusing conjunction from Interviewee) I want it as a profession. Does that even make sense? I guess, after five years, I see myself with a good job and good friends, hanging.

It does make sense! We all have many different hobbies and tastes! So it’s alright actually! And many people can’t live a good and healthy life so we should live our life to the best! How would you explain your writing style?

It is simple. I think any first-time reader can understand it. I do not use a lot of huge words or difficult sentences. I write the pov's the way my characters think. Also, I actually like to write stories that break the third or fourth wall. I just love doing that.

Well, people like me who don’t understand hard/poetic English words like to read simple writing styles with amazing plot twists and unique characters! And I believe there are many people out there like me! So, the last question before we end this interview. What message would you like to give to your fans and readers in this interview?

Ah, my readers! They are the reason I am even continuing Ineffable. Without them, it would have been one of those lost books no one reads. I have had times where I thought to unpublish Ineffable and stop writing but their reads, votes, and comments motivate me to write more and better. So, thank you! Thank you so much for picking Ineffable out of all the books and reading it. I don’t know about fans but I really really appreciate every read, every vote, every comment.❤️

Aww, that was such a sweet message. It melted my heart T^T. I believe your readers will love to hear this message. It looks like it’s time to say goodbye.

I had a fun time interviewing you, Inerys! On the behalf of the CLN community, I thank you very much for giving us the opportunity to interview you! Hope we talk with each other soon someday! Until then, take care and goodbye!

Oh my god! It was so nice talking to you! I was really scared about my interview but it was so good! Thank you and the CLN community so much for this experience!

Author : OctoberAsters
Interviewer : pum_pkinpie
Interview Editor : preciouspearl20

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.7K 4.9K 49
"เถ’เถบเท’ เถ‡เถงเท’เถšเท’เถ เทŠเถ  เถ”เท„เทœเถธ เถ‰เถฑเทŠเถฑเท€เท" "เถฑเทšเถญเทŠโ€เถป, เถฑเทšเถญเทŠโ€เถป... เถธเถœเทš เถฑเถธ เถฑเทšเถญเทŠโ€เถป" "เถธเทœเถšเถฏ เถ‹เถนเทš เถšเถง เถ”เถ เทŠเถ เถป เทƒเถฏเทŠเถฏเท™, เถธเถง เถ”เถบ เท€เถบเทƒเถง เท€เถฉเท เถ‹เถฉ เถดเถฑเท’เถฑเทŠเถฑ เถฏเถŸเถฝเถฑ เถ‡เถงเท’ เถšเท’เถ เทŠเถ เถฑเทŠเท€ เถดเทšเถฑเทŠเถฑ เถถเท‘. เถ’ เถฑเท’เทƒเท เถธเถง...
17.4K 9 7
a threesome about some teachers who just wanna have a good time ๐Ÿ‘ none of this is real btw
39K 1.5K 28
What gonna happen if Seven mafia kidnapped seven normal boys what if they did mistake that will let them lost the most precious person in their life...