The Devil's Belonging book one

By marthe3103

'' let's head back to the council. Let everyone know what happens with people trying to gather and steal the... More

The Devil's Belonging 1
The Devil's Belonging 2
The Devil's Belonging 3
The Devil's Belonging 4
The Devil's Belonging 5
The Devil's Belonging 6
The Devil's Belonging 7
The Devil's Belonging 8
The Devil's Belonging 9
The Devil's Belonging 10
The Devil's Belonging 11
The Devil's Belonging 12
The Devil's Belonging 13
The Devil's Belonging 14
The Devil's Belonging 15
The Devil's Belonging 16
The Devil's Belonging 17
The Devil's Belonging 18
The Devil's Belonging 19
The Devil's Belonging 20
The Devil's Belonging 21
The Devil's Belonging 22
The Devil's Belonging 23
The Devil's Belonging 25
The Devil's Belonging 26
The Devil's Belonging 27
The Devil's Belonging 28
The Devil's Belonging 29
The Devil's Belonging 30
The Devil's Belonging 31
The Devil's Belonging 32
The Devil's Belonging 33
The Devil's Belonging 34
The Devil's Belonging 35

The Devil's Belonging 24

5.2K 124 10
By marthe3103

‘’ One, Two, Three, Clear’’ the woman standing right on above me said and the pain cursed through me. Making my body spasm on the bed I was laying on. A lot of calm voices were heard after that, before a slight sting in my arm. Then I fell into the darkness again, but this time Lucavarious was nowhere to be seen and I felt ashamed.  

*********

Sam was the first one I saw when I opened my eyes, then Sophie pressed herself into my sight. It looked funny with both of them hovering above me, I smiled but I found it hard to do.

‘’ she’s awake, should we call the nurses?’’ Sophie’s voice sounded funny and weird. A throaty laugh escaped my mouth.

‘’ no, they will only put her out again.’’ Sam said quietly as if nurses were waiting outside the room and were eavesdropping on the conversation.

‘’ it looks like she is pretty out of it, do you think she is going to remember anything from her exam?’’

‘’ I don’t know.’’

Was they talking about me? did I have an exam? Was I done with everything? I wonder what they thought when they saw me bruised after Lucavarious treatment. How was I going to explain that away?

‘’ Ciale?’’ Sam asked me as he tried to get me to focus on him, but I found it extremely hard. It was like my eyes was unable to focus on anything, they could only see the whole picture.

I laughed and Sam looked at Sophie who called for the nurses.

‘’ how am I going to explain this fight with Lucavarious away? You are going to get so jealous, Sam. He made me feel so good, much better that when you kiss me and embra- it’s hard to talk…. Why are you pink?’’

‘’ who the hell is Lucava… something?’’ Sam asked, trying hard to keep his voice calm and collected. But it shook.

I laughed as I saw nurses filing into the room, and then a sharp sting and then darkness.

****

Please, you have been out for a week… you are all healed up now, no need to drug you down anymore… it’s really annoying actually, I am so close to what I desire and you are relaxing in a bed at the infirmary. You make me gag, grow some balls. Lucavarious said in my mind and it helped to bring me out of this constant blackness.

‘’ she is stirring, about time now… let’s pack her things.’’ Someone said and then a door clicked shut.

I opened my eyes and blinked against the bright light.

‘’ rise and shine, sunshine.’’ A girl who looked like she was straight out of collage said as she saw me blinking.

Sunshine? I think I have never been called that my entire life… I’m not sure I liked the sound of it either. Sunshine. Nah, it wasn’t me at all.

I smiled and tried to ask for a glass of water. She gave one to me and sat down on a chair in front of me.

‘’ what do you remember?’’ She asked me as she pulled out a notebook she could write things on.

Aw shit. Now what am I going to tell her?

‘’ no I don’t remember…. I remember walking to my exam in test class.’’ I said, faking to not remember anything with Lucavarious. But how had he gotten into my school? He said he wouldn’t enter the grounds of the school, that’s why he needed me.

‘’ well… this is going to be a lot to take in, and you have all the rights to sue the school for this happening, but you must hear everything before you start commenting. It is a whole lot to take in.’’ she said gravely and waited for me to nod before she began talking again.

‘’ something clicked wrong in the test exam… in the start, when the school teleported you into you test, you landed in a forest kind of thing, but then something went wrong because they suddenly lost you. When they found you again you were fighting a real snow werewolf, but when they tried to teleport you back again, it didn’t work. It only worked when you made the sign. They saw everything, but they couldn’t interfere.’’

When she stopped speaking I was having a hard time breathing. I could’ve died, and they hadn’t been able to teleport me back, and all over a small ‘glitch’.

She gave me some time to take it in, and when it was obvious I wasn’t going to say anything, she gave me a thick warm jacket and a T-shirt and faded jeans. I took them with confusion.

‘’ its winter! It’s minus twenty degrees outside and its only getting colder and darker by the second.’’ she said in explanation.

I nodded in reply while I thought over the fact that I could, in fact, die. Being ripped around by a giant snow werewolf was obviously the recipe.

I changed clothes and looked down at my stomach which had some ugly jagged scars. I felt a bit sore, but nothing more than that.

The nurse took a final blood test on me before she walked me back to my dorm, there she left me with all the boys hovering above and around me. asking if I needed anything or if it was something they could do. I was almost drowning in the pleas to help me get better when Sam saved me.

‘’ hey guys, lay off. Don’t you see you are overwhelming her? Geez give her som breathing space.’’ Sam snapped and most of the guys moved away, some lingered and helped me steady myself as I began swaying. They let me go, though, when Sam walked toward me. he smiled and quickly pulled me into a cold embrace. I broke.

The tears sprang free from my eyes and they rolled down my face and onto the jacket I borrowed. Sam hugged me closer and since we were standing in the entrance to the dorm, he carried me upstairs to my room. He took my key and opened up before shutting the door behind him.

He laid me on bed and he curled me up against him. He wasn’t warm and he wasn’t demanding and he wasn’t…. he wasn’t that someone I wanted him to be, but at the same time I knew it would never work out. I cried because I had kissed another man when I am dating someone else. I cried because I had enjoyed it. I cried because it felt good to do so. The tears rolled with happiness and sadness. I was going to break his heart and at the same time I took comfort in that he, indeed, loved me dearly.

Sam was whispering in my ear as he cradled me against him, careful to not touch my scars in case they would sting. They were already healing at a rapidly pace, only faint scars were covering me now. And soon there would be no mark left from this experience.

‘’ shhhs, it’s alright now. I will protect you, nothing will harm you now.’’ Sam was whispering to me and I let myself get lulled into that comfort zone, even though I knew it was false. No one could protect me from Lucavarious, and no one could protect my family other than myself. I sniffed and gripped Sam’s arm harder so they tighten around me. Like cold steel wrapped around me in protection.

Only this once was I going to lull into that comfort and safety because tomorrow is the day Sam will take me home to meet his family. The family which will hate me for what I am going to do without their knowledge. Their own son would bring a thief into their mansion where the devil could not set a foot inside, instead of him, his puppet comes along.

After two hours cuddling up against each other, I was calm. Everything could still hurt me, but I would face it with my chin held high, if it was the last thing I would do.

‘’ Sam?’’ I whispered into the dark room, unsure if he was asleep or if he was awake. Sam grunted once and mumbled a reply. I turned around so I faced him, his eyes were shut. But as if he noticed my staring at him, he opened them slowly. A smile tugging on his lips as he rolled me on top of him.

‘’ who dares to disturb the sleep of the angry vampire?’’ he whispered with a dark voice. I smiled and played along.

‘’ oh, it’s only me. The little… elf princess who is so stupid as to roll on top of a hungry vampire!’’ in a frightened voice I said it.  He laughed as he hugged me tighter, I relished the feeling of him under me, but I needed to ask my question.

‘’ Sam are you still going to take me with you to your parents?’’ I asked and he nodded without hesitation.

‘’ we are leaving at six tomorrow… but if you don’t want to go because of what happened I can stay here with you until we can’t stay here anymore from the break.’’ He suggested. I shook my head. The sooner I was done with this shit, the better. Besides, Sam was growing on me like a fungus… that is probably not the best comparison, but he was growing on me.

I untangled myself from Sam, because I knew that if I didn’t do it soon, I would only stay in bed with him for the rest of the night. Sam pouted, but moved out of my way and made himself comfortable in his old bed. In fact, I had taken over his room completely. All my clothes and work was strewn all over the place, the room completely at my hand.

I laughed as I thought it earning a weird look from Sam, but before he could ask me if, I really was okay, I sent him a deathly look which made him shut up quickly.

As I picked up random clothes from my dresses, I caught the size of them. They were way too small for the old me. It is kind of amusing that I went from the victim to the predator. How in the world had I gained that much confidence? How had I been able to pull through.

You borrowed some of mine, not that I have noticed any lack of my confidence, but without knowing it you have taken some of mine. Which is really annoying, you have taken from me without asking permission… though I knew you didn’t have a chance withstanding it, I am rubbing off on you my lovely darling. Lucavarious said, popping into my mind like a switching light.

Startled, I jumped. Sam looked at me before he snorted and laid his head on the pillow again. I ignored Lucavarious ranting in my mind, and looked at Sam. He looked peaceful while he was sleeping. His dark hair resting on the soft pillow, I knew that the pillow would smell of him, and I was thrilled by the fact. I loved Sam’s smell, I loved everything about Sam. His arrogance, his way of saying sorry, his eyes, his mouth, his skilfully tongue, his laughter, his smell, I just loved Sam.

I love Sam! I thought with startling clarity. No this could not be happening, I cannot love him. He is a freaking vampire for god’s sake. He is the prince, and he lov… I stopped that thought with firmness, but what if? What if he liked me too, what if he loved me too. How can I bring myself to do this to him. To the one who showed me around the first day at this school, the one who introduced me to his friends. The very one, whom carried me all the way back to my room when I was so drunk I couldn’t even stand. The one who bathed me when I was soaked with vomit and blood, though not mine. He never asked any question if I deflected the first one.

He had invited me to his home because my own family had replaced me with another one, a Ciale who was not me, but they could not tell the differences. I wanted to start crying and to start laughing at the same time. I had never though, in my wildest dream, that I could ever be loved by someone. The very least a vampire prince. At the same time I have to betray this ignorant boy because he simply loves me.

Tears ran down my face, and a bitter laugh sneaked itself out of my mouth. I had been fighting this break down, but it still got me. This was what wasn’t supposed to happen; I guess I’m not as good at being emotionless as I though I was. The gently sounds coming from Sam as he slept soothed me.

I packed my clothes and crawled into bed with him after I locked the door so no one would come in a check my whereabouts and if someone was in my room. I fell asleep in the horro of what was coming next. Steal the stone, try to not get killed or caught, give it to Lucavarious and then everything would go back to normal.

I would get back home with my family still with my looks and I would find a new place at my old school, and I would try to forget about Sam Vamhouse and his family.

Everything was going to work itself out by itself.  

***********

So what do you think? Would love to hear opinions and critics about it.

Sorry for not uploading before, I just didn’t have the time.

But a good things is that this book is getting towards it end… and don’t worry, the end is nothing you can expect… if you do I am impressed or I have thought to highly of my abilities of doing the unexpected :D 

p.s: if anyone wants to make me covers, feel free to make them... i like them dark. lol

Continue Reading