Andante con Brio

By Avdk80

The long awaited moment is there: Eddy is finally turning eighteen. But has he told his mum about his plans t... More

I
II (NSFW)
III (slightly NSFW, first half is safe though. Also, my kid can read it ;-))
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV (NSFW)
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV (NSFW)
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI (somewhat NSFW, my kid can read it though)
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII (NSFW)
IL
L
LI
LII
LIII
LIV (NSFW)
LV
LVI
LVII
LVIII
LIX (NSFW, and how great did that Roman Numeral turn out? ;-))
LX (NSFW)
LXI
LXII
LXIII
LXIV
LXV
LXVI
LXVII
LXVIII (NSFW)
LXIX
LXX
LXXI
LXXII
LXXIII
LXXIV
LXXVI
LXXVII
LXXVIII (slightly NSFW)
LXXIX
LXXX
LXXXI (NSFW)
LXXXII
LXXXIII
LXXXIV
LXXXV
LXXXVI
LXXXVII
LXXXVIII
LXXXIX
XC (NSFW - see? Author-san's got your back <3)
XCI (NSFW)
XCII
XCIII
XCIV (NSFW)
XCV
XCVI
XCVII
XCVIII
IC
C
CI (NSFW)
CII
CIII
CIV
CV (2nd half ever so slightly NSFW.)
CVI (NSFW)
CVII
CVIII
CIX
CX
CXI
CXII (NSFW - but last paragraph is 'safe')
CXIII
CXIV
CXV
CXVI
CXVII
CXVIII (NSFW)
CXIX
CXX
CXXI
CXXII
CXXIII
CXXIV
CXXV
CXXVI
CXXVII
CXXVIII (second half is NSFW)
CXXIX
CXXX (NSFW)
CXXXI
CXXXII
CXXXIII
CXXXIV
CXXXV (NSFW)
CXXXVI (NSFW)
CXXXVII
CXXXVIII
CXXXIX
CXL
CXLI
CXLII
CXLIII
CXLIV (somewhat NSFW. Not really)
CXLV (NSFW)
CXLVI
CXLVII
CXLVIII (NSFW)
CIL (NSFW)
CL
CLI
CLII
CLIII
CLIV (second half is NSFW)
CLV
CLVI
CLVII
CLVIII (NSFW)
CLIX
CLX
CLXI
CLXII
CLXIII
CLXIV
CLXV (NSFW)
CLXVI (NSFW)
CLXVII
CLXVIII
CLXIX
CLXX (2nd half NSFW)
CLXXI
CLXXII
CLXXIII: Whoops, COVID. Will be back on Monday! (promise!)
CLXXIV
CLXXV
CLXXVI
CLXXVII
CLXXVIII (just a tiny bit NSFW. Not really.)
CLXXIX
CLXXX (NSFW)
CLXXXI
CLXXXII (NSFW)
CLXXXIII (NSFW)
CLXXXIV
CLXXXV
CLXXXVI
CLXXXVII
CLXXXVIII
CIXC
CXC
CXCI (ever so slightly NSFW. Not really.)
CXCII (2nd half NSFW)
CXCIII (first half NSFW)
CXCIV
CXCV
CXCVI (slightly NSFW. Not really)
CXCVII
CXCVIII
CIC
CC

LXXV

597 45 9
By Avdk80

"Mum?"
It was early evening, and his first day at the con was over. It had been a long day, but to be honest Eddy would have welcomed it being longer, would have welcomed rehearsing all the way through the night and just carrying on the next day as if sleep weren't actually a thing at all. As if he could work the whole day, or even more. Like every day had forty hours available for him to practise.  
It didn't work like that, of course. So they had walked out of the building, with a smile to the nice reception guy, and they had taken the bus home. Brett had given him the warmest glance as their hands brushed past one another and they both walked off towards their own houses. 
"Eddy! How was your first day?"
"Mum!" 
He could feel the words bubbling up in him like the sweet and sour sauce that he could clearly smell cooking in the kitchen.
"It was awesome, mum. I wish you could have seen me! The orchestra was so good, it was like nothing else I've ever been in. Everyone reacts straight away and everyone gets it, you know? And this was only a reading rehearsal! And Mr. Hill seems really nice and I met some of Brett's friends and we practised a whole bunch. Even the rooms are nice, mum, they're quite big and the..."
The slightly bemused smile on his mum's face stopped him talking. He looked down at his feet for just a second. 
"Anyway. It was great."
She nodded once. 
"I'm glad, Eddy. When is the first concert with the orchestra?"
"I don't know. I think some point in March. We're doing Mendelssohn Italian!"
She nodded again. 
"I look forward to hearing. Please let me know the date."
She turned around and walked back into the kitchen, Eddy guessed to put the rice in the cooker. He couldn't help himself, though. Look, he knew he should probably go upstairs and practise a little more, but he could do that after dinner, right? He followed her to the kitchen and kept chattering to her, the whole time it took for the rice to cook and the sauce to be spooned into a dish. She didn't say much, but her eyes were happy when she turned to him with the dishes in her hand. He took out a couple of plates and some cutlery and followed her to the table. 
Actually, now that food was here, he was famished. 

His room was exactly the same as he had left it, but at the same time everything was different. He put his violin case down on the floor next to the door and took a deep breath. 
In one short day he had gone from a recent high school graduate, from a boy, really, to a student. 
A real student at one of the top conservatories in the country, no less. He even knew the guy who manned the reception desk. Try and stop the smile from spreading now, hey? 
He unpacked his bag quickly and put the sheet music he had gotten from the con library on his stand. Mr. Hill had given him a couple of new pieces to start practising and he could feel the thrill now, that thrill he always felt when starting something new, that thrill that had two parts to it. 
There was excitement, for the new piece, and always a little bit of dread. A little bit of doubt, whether he could really play it, whether he could do it justice. 
But hey. He was a student at the con now. 
Of course he was going to do it justice. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.4K 1.3K 17
Gonna be a sad one. Imma apologize beforehand. Some Breddy angst stuff and uh maybe some fluff but Idk yet //trigger warning for suicide/self harm/de...
2.1K 126 10
[COMPLETED] Eddy just turned 18. He is drawn to Brett, who seems to know all the answers to life's difficult questions. Eddy wants to be just like...
42K 2.4K 81
A/N/ Hi guys and welcome to another episode of Avdk80 writes Breddy! So, this short book (I'm guessing at most fifty chapters, just fair warning ;-))...
35.6K 1.7K 35
"Mom, I want to marry Eddy." From this announcement forward Brett had made a choice, to be with his best friend. With parents hoping for a normal mar...