The Bat & The Witch {1}

By storyforfun3311

BOOK 1 OF 2 "A witch in love with a creature of the night. What a sob story." - Lex Luthor (BRUCE WAYNE/BAT... More

A/N
<Preface>
<Prologue>
<Cast>
<Chapter 1: Funnel-Ferry Butterbar>
<Chapter 2: Nightmares>
<Chapter 3: The Party>
<Chapter 4: Vaher>
<Chapter 5: The Rock>
<Chapter 6: Batman>
<Chapter 7: Laia>
<Chapter 8: Project Witch>
<Chapter 9: Bruce!>
<Chapter 11: Let it go, Laia>
<Chapter 12: Together>
<Chapter 13: A Promise>

<Chapter 10: Doomsday>

1K 30 0
By storyforfun3311

(Time Skip)

I was running. I had to help somehow. I saw a creature and Clark flying up into space until I couldn't see them anymore. I stopped, out of breath and energy. There were bright lights in the sky. Something flew down into the island between Gotham and Metropolis and exploded. It could be Clark. I turned and ran that way. Another explosion went off on the island.

(Time Skip)

I got to the edge of Gotham and saw Bruce's bat plane flying towards the island. It was a few minutes before I saw him flying back. And the creature was following him, trying to hit him with his laser eyes. But then, he got Bruce's plane. Bruce's plane went down.

"Bruce!" I shouted. I took off running in that direction.

(Time Skip)

I stopped, seeing the creature starting up his laser eyes. Bruce put his arms out to protect himself.

I threw my hands down, my energy throwing me in the air. I turned in midair and pointed my hands at the creature, creating a force field. I landed and the laser hit the force field. When it went away, I looked at the creature. I made the force field go away and I picked the creature up with my powers. I threw him back.

He was about to shoot me with his laser, but a woman landed in front of me and knocked him back more.

Suddenly, Clark came down and pushed him away into a building. The woman looked back at Bruce.

"Why did you bring him back to the city?" She asked.

"The port is abandoned." Bruce said. "And there's a weapon here that can kill it."

"The spear." I said. Clark landed in front of us.

"Did you find the spear?" He asked.

"I've been a little busy." Bruce said and then looked at me. "I thought I told you to stay with Lois."

"I wasn't going to let you fight alone." I said. "Besides, if I wasn't here, you would have been dead." He nodded.

"Good point." He said.

"This thing, this creature, seems to feed on energy." The woman said.

"This thing is from another world." Clark said. "My world."

"I've killed things from other worlds before." She said, taking out her sword. She looked at me. "You, make sure this thing can't leave this spot." I nodded and pointed my hand at a rubble and moved it.

"She with you?" Clark asked as I moved some more rubble behind us. 

"I thought she was with you." Bruce said. 

The woman looked at me.

"Are we good?" She asked.

"All set up." I said.

"Good." She said, and we looked at the creature.

Electricity surrounded it and busted. It sent a lot of energy our way. I created a forcefield and held it. The energy pounded against it. I felt it pushing me back. I grunted, struggling to hold it.

Once it was done, my force field disappeared, causing me to fall to my knees. The woman shot towards it. Clark followed after her. Some dust shot towards me and Bruce as they fought it. I had enough energy, so I cleared the dust away. I fell onto my hands.

"Laia." Bruce said, looking down at me. 

"I'm alright." I said, out of breath. I closed my eyes, trying to catch my breath. 

"Stay here." He said and I heard him walk away. I heard smashing around me. Suddenly, I heard something coming towards me. "LAIA, NO!" I stuck my hand out and it stopped. I opened my eyes and stood up to be face to face with the creature. I grunted as I threw it back at the woman. She fought it. Clark and Bruce came over to me. "You should go. It's not safe for you here. Me, Clark and Diana got this."

"No." I said. "I got this. Come back for me when everyone else is off and safe. Not before. You understand?" 

"Bruce is right, Laia." Clark said. "It's not safe." 

"I can handle this." I said. I looked at Bruce. "I know I can. Don't argue with me on this."

He sighed.

"I believe you." Bruce said, knowing it would be useless to argue with me once I've made up my mind.

I chuckled, softly.

"Go." I said. 

Bruce ran away and Clark flew off. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 54 1
Follow the life of one (Y/n) Quinzel as the aptly named Wonder Woman takes her on a quest of romance.
10.7K 531 39
Clark Kent's mission to save the world isn't going as well as he wants, especially since his last run in the red cape ended up with him having to fac...
145K 3.4K 11
ONYX. ❝ONE THING I CAN TELL YOU IS YOU GOT TO BE FREE.❞ [EXTENDED SUMMARY INSIDE] [cover by; solinvictus ] [ dxppelicious 2018 ]
2.5K 116 6
"They don't know how beautiful darkness is." OC/Bruce Wayne