Aragons (TO BE REWRITTEN SOON)

Від earlfangs

[18x FEATURED] 𝘛𝘰 𝘴𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘺. Born out of sadness and despair, demonic beings kno... Більше

Disclaimer
VOLUME 1: THE MIRACLE
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Epilogue
VOLUME 2: THE SINNER
Characters
Achievements

Chapter Sixteen

237 13 77
Від earlfangs

Raiden trudges back to his room, his shoulders drooping and his face downturned. He didn't mean to act that way, and he didn't mean to insult Raia. His chest continues to throb in pain as guilt piles up like mountains, burying him alive. Intense emotions are swirling inside him, and he no longer understands them. He has no idea where those emotions are coming from. They're so heavy that he can't ignore them.

Why am I feeling like this?

When he opens the door to the room, two pairs of worried eyes meet him in an instant, as if they have been waiting for him.

"Tell me, brother," Raiden says, trying to keep his voice steady. "Is it so wrong to wish for the salvation of all souls? Is compassion a weakness?"

Cyrus's jaw tightens as he takes in the boy's appearance as if he wants to do or say something to console him, but he maintains an indifferent expression. "Your emotions, Kara. It's unbecoming to a disciple."

Raiden averts his gaze, but he doesn't regret saying those words. That may sound ridiculous, but he doesn't care because that wish is the only thing keeping him alive; the only thing that makes him feel human. But . . . .

"Kara, to be a savior, you must also be a destroyer."

Raiden clenches his fists as determination surges within him. He will save every soul, even if it means destroying them. That is his goal, something he must accomplish in order to retain his humanity. Because that is what he is and must be—a savior and a destroyer.

"I will get stronger," Raiden says, his eyes downcast. "I will reach the highest divine level of my Blessing so that I can save every soul from the darkness. I'll get stronger until I can protect myself on my own." He pauses for a moment before continuing. "So Raia won't have to heal me again."

Cyrus's expression softens, but he remains silent. Instead, he speaks to Sonnet without looking at her. "Sonnet, go get Nathan and Raia. We'll leave as soon as I make the necessary phone calls." He gently pats Raiden's head as he sweeps past.

"I have faith in you," Cyrus whispers. He walks down the corridor, not looking back.

Raiden's eyes widen slightly, almost tearfully, and his mouth curves into a slight smile. When he lifts his head, he sees Sonnet looking at him with a motherly smile, and warmth fills his chest.

***

A palpable tension pervades the train compartment. Raia and Raiden are sitting across from each other, grimly staring out the window. Nathan, Cyrus, and Sonnet give them worried looks from time to time. Since leaving town, the two have been silent.

Unable to ignore Nathan's lingering gaze, Raiden turns away from the window and faces the man sitting next to him.

"What's up?" Raiden says.

Nathan quirks an eyebrow at him and jerks his head in the direction of Raia.

Raiden looks at Raia, who is still staring out the window. Raia is right; instead of being grateful, he insulted her. He should not have attacked her in that manner. Maybe he'll learn to control his emotions soon.

"Raia," he utters in a quiet voice.

Raia doesn't move, and her eyes don't even blink. After a minute of awkward silence, she finally turns her head and meets his eyes. Raiden goes slightly rigid at her cold look, but quickly recovers his composure.

"I just wanted to apologize for my recent behavior," Raiden says, almost in hushed tones. "I didn't mean to insult you. But . . . I'm extremely grateful. Thank you for healing me."

Raia stares at him for a few seconds, unblinking. Then she lowers her gaze and nods before looking out the window again.

Raiden blinks, then his lips curl into a smile.

Nathan pats him on the shoulder with a smile on his face. Cyrus and Sonnet are both beaming as they look at him.

Returning their smiles, Raiden sighs and leans against the seat, allowing the train to take him away from the place where he nearly lost himself.

Or the place where he has finally found himself.

***

"Why me? I'm a busy man," Loki whines. He plumps himself down on the fluffy sofa and takes a long pull on his wine.

His response must have infuriated the girl sitting on the sofa across from him, as she suddenly jumps out of her seat and approaches him, her footsteps clip-clopping against the polished floorboards. She looks young, no more than twelve years old, and dressed in a long black gown with ruffles and laces. Her hair is the color of a night sky, flowing down her knees in loose waves and framing her entire body. The sliver of light coming from the lanterns and the crystal chandelier above them barely illuminates her features.

Amidst the dimly lit surrounding, she is reminiscent of an eerily cute doll.

"All you do is sit around and drink wine. Stop whining and start obeying Master Karma!" Tallulah, the petite girl, says as she stands before him with a deadly glare.

Loki looks up at her and purses his lips, dropping the empty bottle on the sofa in a fit of rage. He wipes his mouth with the back of his hand and crosses his legs as he sweeps his gaze over the burning fire in the fireplace adjacent to the grand wooden staircase, keeping his blazing rage at bay before returning his gaze to her.

He raises an eyebrow. "What? Have some problem with that, Tallulah?"

Tallulah pouts and glares at him, the fury in her sapphire eyes increasing. "And please address me as Tally, not Tallulah!"

Loki's brows descend like a storm. He'd returned from Gerland this morning, and it had been a week since his meeting with the two Aragons. His hopes of returning to this mansion for a peaceful rest were dashed in an instant when Karma summoned him just as he lay his body on his bed.

Much to his chagrin, Tallulah also joined the discussion when it was supposed to be just him and Karma. Her presence at this meeting has become a pain in the neck. He's already predicted that the dollish Blood Demon won't be able to keep her mouth shut.

"Lazy? Have you forgotten I just came from Gerland? Annoying doll."

Tallulah's nostrils flare. "Y-you!"

When she raises her leg to kick him, a clone of Loki appears in front of her and punches her in the stomach, knocking her backward.

Tallulah lets out a startled gasp of pain.

A tall man descends the staircase and enters the large living room. He reaches out his arm and catches Tallulah before she crashes into the wall and destroys the old framed paintings that hang on it. He wears a black hooded cloak and an eye patch. His right eye is golden and sparkles brightly in the dark. The dim glow of the interior further obscures his features, making him appear to be nothing more than a silhouette.

Tallulah looks up at him before glaring at Loki. "H-he punched me! How dare he hurt me!" She raises her gaze to the hooded figure once more. "Chaos, the damn bastard punched me!"

Chaos heaves a sigh and turns to face Loki, a calm expression on his face. Loki's clone, who was standing near the couch, fades away in a puff of smoke.

"Loki," Chaos says, his voice deep in his throat.

Loki sighs as he sweeps his gaze over Chaos. As he leans against the plush back of the sofa, he begins picking his ear with his pinky and closes his eyes.

"Sorry, not sorry. That girl doesn't know how to shut her mouth," Loki snaps.

Tallulah's face heats up. "I said it's Tally!"

Loki lifts an eyebrow at her and pauses picking his ear. He then lets out a long, frustrated sigh, unable to believe that such a nine hundred-year-old demon still acts like a human child, which is why the urge to tease her is irresistible. He closes his eyes and puts his hands behind his head.

"Sure, Tallulah doll."

Tallulah summons a wooden sword, which she wields and tosses towards him. But Loki catches it without even opening his eyes.

"You know, I can destroy it," he says, aiming one cold eye at her.

Tallulah grits her teeth and glares at him, a vein popping out of her brow. Despite her rage, she remains silent.

Loki's mouth curves into a satisfied grin as he spins the wooden sword in his hand. Of course, he is aware of how much she values that frail object, even more than her own life. He throws the wooden sword at her with such force, all while smiling deviously. Chaos catches it with two fingers before its sharp tip pierces Tallulah's face.

"Enough," Chaos retorts, his placid manner turning grave as he locks one intimidating eye on Loki.

Tallulah takes the wooden sword from Chaos and hugs it tightly against her chest like it's a treasure. She's biting her quivering small lips as if about to burst into tears.

Chaos sighs and walks across the living room toward the man with long blond hair who is standing by the large arched window. The sudden brightness reveals Chaos's face hidden beneath the black hood. He has umber skin and unkempt strands of raven-black hair that fall across his brow. He bows his head slightly.

"I'm sorry for the commotion, Master Karma," Chaos says in a low voice.

Karma's eyes are fixated on the cloudless afternoon sky. The sunlight flowing through the window shines on his face, giving him the impression of a ghostly apparition. He has a serene expression on his face, as if unaware of the conflict that has erupted between the two Blood Demons. A pentacle staff is clenched in his hand, oozing with faint white light.

"Did you bring it?" Karma asks without glancing at him.

"Yes."

Karma's thin lips form an enigmatic smile as he turns around to face him, tailcoat rustling.

Chaos reaches inside his cloak.

Karma's eyes sparkle when Chaos extends his hand. A gleaming silver cross necklace is dangling from his palm. He takes it from him and holds it up to his face, his gaze fixed on the pendant. A six-pointed star within a circle is carved almost imperceptibly in the center of the cross. A hexagram.

"Ah, the ancient power, one of the seals," Karma says, his eyes glinting.

"I sealed it, so the power within that object remained even though the proprietor no longer existed," Chaos explains.

"I knew it," Karma whispers, grinning. "It's a portion of it." A pale red glow emanates from Karma's fist as he closes it. When he opens his palm, the necklace is shattered. Gray dust glistens against the ray of sunlight streaming in through the window.

Chaos, Loki, and Tallulah are all staring at Karma with stern expressions.

Karma wipes the dust from his hands and looks them in the eyes. "Now we know how to put a stop to our enemies and give humans what they truly deserved. Their desires deserved to be heard. Let us give our beloved humans the power they need." He pauses for a few seconds. "Before he returns and destroys humanity."

His eyes flicker to Loki. "Will you do it?" His voice has a savage edge to it, despite the smile on his face. His hand slowly reaches for the upright piano next to him and presses down firmly on the keys. A loud sound reverberates throughout the room.

Loki meets his gaze.

Of course, he will do it. He doesn't have much of a choice. The other four Blood Demons are away from the country, attending to their own responsibilities. Chaos and Tallulah are off to another task, one that piques his interest. They're on their way to Panacea, and there's a good chance they'll run into his two prey: Raiden and Raia. Even after warning his allies not to touch the two lambs, he remains tense. While he has no issues with Chaos, Tallulah is the real pest.

I can't let anyone touch those two. They are my prey. Nobody else should have their souls except me.

Mine alone.

Raia and Raiden, each of whom is an important tool in achieving his ultimate goal. He has a plan for them, and he won't let any demons consume their souls, not even the Great Wizard Karma.

Loki yawns and rises from his seat. "Of course, Master Karma. I'm just teasing our lovely doll."

Tallula's face flushes and her lips tremble, but instead of protesting, she simply gives him a deadly gaze.

"Whatever, Loki. Just do what Master Karma says. And . . ." Tallulah's voice softens and her eyes sparkle as emotion overtakes her features. "It was what Lamia wanted. It was what she desired."

The room falls silent as they all stare at her.

"She wanted them to know what it's like to be free, and that living with darkness isn't as bad as those saints think," Tallulah says, her fists shaking. "Lamia wanted them to understand that they are not the only ones who deserve to live. That is why . . ." She lifts her head and looks them in the eyes. "We must fight for our rights!"

Loki stares at her for a few moments, an enigmatic expression on his face, before sighing.

"Alright, I get it," he says nonchalantly, snuffing out the tension in the air.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

8.3K 161 32
*COMPLETED STORY* #14 in precognition Can introverted Georgia break out of her shell? New school? New state? "We all thought she was crazy.....it lo...
6.8K 220 48
Two sisters living under one roof, in the small town called Pharage on Dolphin Island. Their life was changed by a traumatizing event when their pare...
1K 70 83
The world as we know it has come to an end... The human race has fallen to its dismay... There's zero hope of survival... The only sound that is comm...
5.3K 339 99
Elysia has lived countless lives, constantly reincarnating into another world. Sometimes she picks the world, other times the goddess gives her a mis...