Beautifully Broken

By CancerianGirlPC

"The only thing that keeps me sane is either violence or fucking... so unless you wanna bend over for me, I s... More

Character Aesthetic
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 (Part 1)
Chapter 17 (Part 2)
Chapter 17 (Part 3 )
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
New Book
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Falling Without You

Chapter 10

1.7K 59 0
By CancerianGirlPC

Anaya POV:

I had fallen asleep while crying yesterday. The events of last night were still fresh. In such a short span of time, I found myself falling for Caden. Underneath the façade he had going on was a boy who was broken and hurt. I had fallen for that boy. I know I wasn't madly in love with Caden but I did have feelings for him.

I am only capable of hurting you...

Getting out of bed, I made my way downstairs. Mum and dad would be returning soon. Making myself a cup of coffee, I sat down at the dining table. Looking towards the sink, events of last night flashed in my head. Sighing, I looked down at my cup, trying to focus my attention elsewhere. The front door opening brought me out of my thoughts. Thinking it's mum and dad, I got up and made my way in front.

Instead, Brandon rounded the corner with his hand wrapped over Stacey's shoulder who looked like she was about to drop him any second... And she did. Letting go of his arm, she let him fall on the floor with a thud making me wince.

Yeah, he'll be feeling that when his hangover passes.

Huffing, Stacey stretched her arms totally ignoring the fact that I was standing there waiting for an explanation. Pushing me to the side she made her way towards the kitchen leaving her boyfriend on the floor. Was he snoring?

Shaking my head at my idiotic brother I followed Stacey who was making herself a cup of coffee. Obviously. Stacey was so addicted to caffeine that it was impossible for her to function in the morning till she had some in her system.

"What happened last night? And why is my brother snoring on the floor?" I needed some answers. Narrowing her eyes at me, she put a finger on her lip, telling me to shut up. Rolling my eyes I told her to come find me once she was done with her coffee. There was no use talking to her. She will literally just glare and scowl at me. Never mess with Stacey in the morning. I had learnt my lesson the hard way.

Walking up the stairs, I made my way towards the bathroom to take a shower. Caden's jacket on the counter beside the basin caught my eye. He must've forgotten to take it last night. Picking it up, I brought the cool material to my nose. Closing my eyes I inhaled Caden's peppermint smell. Smiling, I took it back to my room and put it on my bed, deciding to return it back to him in school next week.

After shower, I put on sweatpants and a tee-shirt. I had no intention of going out today.

"Okay... I'm ready for human interaction now." Strolling inside my room casually, Stacey jumped on the bed beside me.

"Now tell me, what happened last night?" Sitting cross legged on the bed, I turned to face her.

"Nothing exciting... Trust me Ana. Brandon got wasted last night and I got stuck babysitting him like a good girlfriend. Since I was also slightly tipsy, I couldn't drive home so we ended up sleeping at the party." She said rubbing her forehead.

Suddenly snapping her head, she reached over and picked up Caden's jacket from my bed. "Ana... wasn't Caden wearing this last night?" Biting my lip, I looked at her guiltily.

"Oh. My. God!!!!" Squealing she launched her body at me, knocking us both on the bed, with her on top of me. Getting off quickly, she clapped her hands like a freaking seal!

"Tell me... Tell me... Don't miss any detail." Rolling my eyes at her childishness, I sat up straight.

"Nothing happened Stace. He just dropped me home and I invited him in for a drink out of basic human courtesy and then he left. And he forgot the jacket." I wasn't ready to tell Stacey the details of my messed up crush on Caden King so I told her the short version.

"That's it?" Scrunching her brows, she looked at me blankly.

"That's gotta be the most boring thing I've ever heard... even for you." Simply rolling my eyes I whacked her head with my pillow.

Squealing she picked up a cushion and started attacking me.

Hearing the front door slam open, I heard mum downstairs.

"We're home twins!!" Widening my eyes, I looked to Stacey wanting to ask where Brandon was but mum beat me to it.

"Why is my son snoring and drooling all over my hardwood floor?" Laughing loudly, we got up and made our way downstairs.

******************************************************************

Before I knew it, I was dragging myself out of bed on Monday morning. Doing my daily yoga, I had a quick shower and put on a white and black dress that reached my mid-thigh and paired it with a long brown cardigan. Quickly putting my long hair in a high ponytail, I did my makeup and lip gloss.

Grabbing my black ankle boots from the closet, I headed out of my room after grabbing my bag pack. Taking an apple from the kitchen, I headed out.

*********************************************************************************************

Arriving to school, I made my way towards my locker after looking around the parking lot for Caden. I had his jacket in my car that I wanted to return.

Nearing my locker, I came to an abrupt halt as I took in the scene in front of me. Caden had Samantha pressed up against the locker with his tongue shoved down her throat. Feeling a twinge in my chest, I forced myself to look away. Samantha was the 'it' girl of our high school. She was the captain of the cheer team, most popular girl in school and your worst nightmare if you found yourself on her bad side. Ducking my head, I continued walking towards my locker.

While passing them, Caden pulled away from Samantha long enough to smirk at me. This wasn't the guy I had fallen for. Breaking eye contact first, I continued walking; all the while feeling his stare burning at my back.

What had I expected? A guy like Caden would never go for a girl like me. Samantha was perfect for him. She was hot, popular, experienced and she was anything but a nerd. She was everything I wasn't.

I never should've been stupid enough to fall for a guy just because he was nice to me.

What was I thinking? Since when did I start getting jealous of other girls? I was Anaya Adams and I always had a plan.

And this time my plan was to forget about Caden King and focus on my studies like always.

Shaking my head, I made my way to class with my head held high.

Caden King can go to hell.

*****************************************************************

"Alright, I'll see you later." Waving goodbye to Stacey, I turned to walk towards my car. Sticking to the plan I had focused fully in classes and not once thought about Caden. Whatever feelings I had for him would eventually pass.

Spoke too soon.

Caden was standing next to his motorcycle with Samantha who was standing in front of him twirling a strand of her blonde hair around her finger. Rolling my eyes, I continued walking.

Ignore and walk away.

Stick to the plan Anaya... stick to the plan.

*********************************************************************************************

It was raining. Mum and dad were working the night shift again while Brandon was mostly likely asleep by now given that it was past 10.30 pm. I was sitting at my desk trying to figure out the math problem that was given in class today.

Pouting at the question that I've been trying to figure out for the past hour, I pushed back my hair that had escaped from the messy bun on top of my head.

Thud

My head snapped towards my balcony door as I heard a sound. Furrowing my brows I looked back at my book. Probably the wind.

Thud

Okay... This time I did hear that. Getting up from my chair, I grabbed my water bottle from my study table. Holding it above my head in both hands, I made my way towards the balcony doors. Letting go of the bottle, I wrapped my fingers around the curtain and quickly yanked it open.

I almost screamed when I spotted a figure standing in my balcony, but stopped when I realized who it was.

Caden!

Unlocking the door, I quickly opened it letting Caden enter my room. As soon as he was inside, I closed the doors to prevent the rain from wetting my carpet. Turning around with the full intention of asking Caden what the hell he was doing in my room, I froze upon seeing him.

Caden was now standing in the middle of the room, clenching onto his arm with his hand as blood seeped through his fingers. He also had a cut on his lip.

"Oh my god Caden!," forgetting my anger, I rushed to him and touched his arm lightly trying to get a better look at his wound.

"Okay... I have a lot of questions but if I start asking them right now you will most likely pass out on my bedroom floor and we can't have that because to be honest my parents will kill you and then kill me if they find a boy in my room. My brother will most probably lose his shit after having a mini party but that's just because he thinks I'm a lesbian. Brandon is super dumb to think I'm a lesbian just because I've never had a boyfriend. But I'm not ready to...."

"Hey... Anaya... stop...," cutting off my rambling, Caden stepped closer to me and winced slightly as his hand moved.

"I know you're freaking out, but I need you to calm down and help me," speaking as softly as he could, Caden looked at me questionably.

"Can you do that princess?" Getting my head together, I nodded softy.

"Let's go to the bathroom," Leading him to my bathroom, I switched on the light before opening my cabinet and taking out my first aid kit. Having brought up by doctors I knew to be always prepared.

"Can you take off your shirt?" Looking back, I saw Caden struggling with his shirt because of his hand. Walking towards him, I put my hand over his softly halting his effort.

"I'll do it." Thankfully he was wearing a black button down. Undoing his buttons one by one, I felt the temperature in the room rise and suddenly I was very aware that I was wearing light pink vest that stopped a little below my boobs, showing off my toned stomach and a grey cotton shorts that was really short.

I was practically half naked in front of Caden. With slightly shaky fingers, I managed to undo all his buttons after pushing my semi nude state at the back of my head. Pushing his shirt off his shoulders, I helped him pull it down his injured arm. He was left only in his black jeans that hung low on his hip showing his V line.

Wow... Caden was ripped.

His sleeve tattoo continued up his arm covering half his chest making me want to trail my fingers over his tattoos. I never thought I would be attracted to a guy with tattoos all over his body, but I was surprising myself more and more since Caden entered my life. 

Snapping out of my thoughts, I pointed towards the closed toilet lid, asking Caden to sit there. Crouching beside Caden, I picked up some wipes and started wiping the blood from around his wound. The cut wasn't too deep and wouldn't need stitches but it was bleeding a lot.

"I have a lot of questions Caden. And I also know you won't answer any of them but I want you to answer one," Caden was already looking at me when I looked up from wiping his cut.

"Ask," Sighing I dropped my hand and gave him my full attention.

"Why did you come here? Last time you walked out of here, I thought I would never be hearing from you again Caden... So why?"

Regarding me for a few seconds Caden leaned forward, looked me in the eye before whispering, "Because like the fucked up shit that I am... I'm incapable of leaving you alone princess."

*****************************************************************

Leave a like a comment <3 <3 <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

437K 15.1K 50
All rights reserved. ~ ~DUAL POV~ ~ Azalea and Aiden have never gotten along. Despite the absurdity of it, they have been rivals since birth. But...
5M 110K 65
Hailey Summers. I knew she was gonna be a problem for me the second my eyes fell on her in the school hall way that day. I didn't know anything abou...
15.6K 534 20
"It feels like tasting poison, the more my tongue discovers her flesh the more addicted I become." Adeline seeks comfort in her studies, she...
857 126 34
Aarush, the college's popular fuckboy catches feelings for a junior who is his best friend's girlfriend. What do you think will happen when she asks...