Connections

By awsmpants

[COMPLETED] "Its you and me. Us...forever. No matter the year, time, past...future." ... More

Prologue
Part 1: The First Avenger
1: Mission
2: Steve
3: Hit Me
4: Jump
5: Whips and Fiddle
6: You
7: Us, Forever
8: Last Mission
9: See You Again
10: The Return
11: Adjustments
Part II: Hydra
12: Taken
13: The Rules
14: Hotel Inessa
15: Off the Grid
16: Grim Reaper
17: Remembrance
18: A Plan
20: Escape
Part III: Recovery
21: Forgotten
22: Comfort
23: Recall
24: Boxed
Part IV: The Winter Soldier
25: Museum
26: Fury
27: Run and Hide
28: Run
29: Falcon
30: Sitwell
31: Bucky
32: Memories
33: The Kind You Save
34: Find You Again
35: A New Path
Part V: Age Of Ultron
36: Celebration
37: Ultron
38: Reunited
39: Lost In Darkness
40: Pawns
Part VI: Civil War
41: The Search
42: The Sokovia Accords
43: Peggy Carter
44: Romania
45: Berlin
46: Not the Only One
47: Safe House
48: Little Calm
49: Helmut Zemo
49: The Truth
50: Wakanda
51: Tony Stark
52: Doctor Strange
53: Layla and the Time Stone
54: The Surprise
Epilogue
Authors Note

19: The Winter Soldier Program

298 10 0
By awsmpants

The Avengers arrived as quick as they could to Layla's beach house. They parked their quinjet far from the house to avoid alerting any possible Hydra agents in the area. Steve moved his way into the house quietly. All the lights were off, and it was silent. He moved around the room, checking each room for a sign of any life.

Steve reached up to his ear, and pressed on the communicator, "Its empty."

Everyone began to slowly filter in. Natasha ran through each room, looking to see if there was any hint of where Layla went. Steve just circled around the kitchen, the frustration setting in. Tony looked around the kitchen before setting his helmet up.

"Jarvis, scan the house." Tony said. A red light began to move around the kitchen little by little. It stopped at the cabinet by the fridge.

"Something in here sir." Jarvis spoke out. Tony looked over at Clint curiously. He quickly walked over to the cabinet and opened it up. He looked into it not seeing anything out of place. His hands shifted through the cups. Taking them out one by one. He paused when he saw a slight blue light. He furrowed his brows before grabbing the item.

"I found the tracker." He called out. He held it up between his thumb and finger. Natasha walked in and let out a deep sigh. She was already gone. They all circled around thinking of what to do next.

"So we're at a dead end." Tony said sounding annoyed. He walked up to the fridge and stared at the postcards on the door. He slid his fingers across each one before grabbing one. He looked at it closely before flipping it over. Just some sweet writing on the back with a date.

"Well traveled." He said quietly. Clint leaned against the island counter as he watched Tony. Tony just continued to flip the card in his hand. Trying to decide what to do next. Clint's eyes shifted away and towards the door of the fridge. He focused onto each letter that held a postcard. He stood up quickly dropping his hands to his side.

"Wait...put that back exactly how it was." Clint said to Tony. Tony just stared at him confusingly before going back and setting the letter "R" magnet onto the card. Clint's eyes just continued to shift around. Thinking of what it could be.

"Nat..." He said quietly as she looked over at the fridge. Her eyes lit up as well as they moved and grabbed the postcards and the magnets. They laid them out onto the counter. Both began shifting them back and forth around each other. Keeping the magnets with the respective postcard.

"What are you doing?" Steve asked as him and Bruce looked down at their project.

"The postcards were from her parents. They would send her one during their missions." Clint looked up. He grabbed a postcard and flipped it around, "Each on has a date. We put them in order and-" Clint continued to shift the cards around until finally stepping back. The group looked down at the message written in the magnets.

"Atta girl." Natasha said as she looked up to Steve. On the counter the magnets simply just "Siberia." Everyone took a second to soak it all in before moving quickly.

"Jarvis, start facial recognition on all street cameras in Siberia." Tony said was he walked out the door. Natasha grabbed her phone as Clint followed behind. She quickly dialed Fury's number as she explained what had happened. Steve looked over at the fridge one last time. He walked closer as he noticed a familiar picture on it.

He quickly grabbed the picture off and looked at it closely. It was the picture of her and Bucky that she always kept around. He scanned the rest of the fridge wondering if there was anything else. He questioned why she would leave this behind.

Steve quickly put the picture in his pocket before following the others out the door.

✪✪✪

We walked through the building in silence. Bucky stood ahead of me with the case. So far he managed to keep is calm and quiet demeanor. I however was starting to go into freak out mode. The amount of Hydra agents surrounding us was a larger then normal. We stopped walking once we came into a large room. Albrecht just stood there with his hands held behind his back. He kept his back to us until we stopped.

When he turned, he didn't look angry. This type it was a whole different kind of amusement. I just stood silently as Bucky walked up to him with the case. Albrecht took it as Bucky took his spot back with the agents. Albrecht just smiled as he turned back to the wall.

"Come, I want to show you something." He said. In an instant the wall began to separate. I watched as it opened slowly to reveal another sliver door. I took a deep breath. Everyone seemed to have a secret door. He held his face forward as a scanner flashed against his eye. The silver door opened as well.

I took a sharp breath as I began to move forward. Only two agents following behind along with Bucky. We all walked into the room. The lights began to flickered on. I took a sharp breath looking around. There were about five people in cryochambers. Each one asleep, and frozen in time.

My breathing became heavy looking at each one. I glanced over at Bucky while he shifted a bit nervously. His eyes still stayed locked onto Albrecht. I could see him take in a deep breath as well, but trying to keep his Winter Soldier persona up. I gazed back at Albrecht as he just smiled. He set the case down on the table and opened it up.

"What is all this?" My voice shook. Albrecht just smiled as he held the small red vile in his hands.

"The Winter Soldier program." He answered nonchalantly, "In 1991 we managed to get a case of super soldier serum that Howard Stark made. We used it to create more like the one standing next to you. However, Starks serum had a side effect." He turned back to me as he held the small vile up between his fingers. "Mental instability. This vile will help...when we figure out how to properly change the formula to fit a super soldier."

I took a deep breath and look around at the frozen soldiers. Knowing how Hydra worked these guys were probably the best of the best. I closed my eyes and looked away. I agreed to help in hopes to get us out, however...a project like this could destroy countries.

"Now for you." Albrecht said as he walked over to me. I felt the agents behind me grab my arms. They quickly place some cuffs onto my wrists and held tightly to me. I could feel my body begin to shake.

"Don't get me wrong. I appreciate you brining this to me." Albrecht walked towards me. He grabbed my chin tightly between his fingers, "However you didn't follow the rules." He let go as the agents began to drag me out of the room. I struggled against them trying to break away from them. I could feel the cuffs draining my energy.

We arrived into a small room. Just a simple metal chair sat in it. The agents pushed me down to sit. I breathed heavily. The fear of what was about to happen was setting in. I looked over at Bucky. His eyes glaring. As Albrecht began to move around the room I shook my head at him slightly. Reminding him that he promised not to react.

"Come, Soldat." Albrecht spoke up to Bucky. They began to wrap my hands into metal cuffs on the arm rests of the chair, "We'll wait outside while they...talk."

I looked at Bucky as he just stood there for a moment. Albrecht began to walk out the room. Bucky's eyes glaring at the Hydra agents before moving back to mine. I nodded to him lightly. I saw him clench his fists before turning around. My eyes followed him until he was out the door. I closed my eyes as the door slammed. A tear slowly falling.

BUCKY

I stood outside the door trying to keep calm. I knew what they were going to do to Layla. Its what they do to any agent that doesn't follow orders. I stared at the wall ahead of me as the her screams began to fill the silence.

My hair fell over my eyes as I lowered my head. I glared a bit, her screams becoming deafening. Albrecht stood by a table in front of me. Watching my every move. I could tell he was seeing if I would react.

"No please..." I heard her cry behind the door before another scream echoed. My teeth clenched down onto my tongue trying to keep myself from doing anything stupid. I promised her I wouldn't react. I promised her I would insure they wouldn't know I remembered. I felt the blood begin to fill my mouth. My tongue becoming raw from clenching down too hard.

I looked over as a few agents came running into the room. They stopped in front of him, all three of them looking as if they were trying to catch their breath.

"Sir, something just broke through out shields." One of the agents said. Albrecht looked at me before quickly running to the computer on the table. Multiple screens lit up as he began to push a few buttons. I watched as a screen focused on a group outside the compound.

"The Avengers..." Albrecht said. He quickly turned around and walked to the door where Layla was held. "That little bitch." He whispered to himself. He quickly opened the door. Layla's screams had stopped for a moment. He looked over at the men as they stood up straight. His eyes shifted between the two of them.

"We need to wipe her." Albrecht said. I took a sharp breath as the men grabbed her out of the chair. They dragged her out. My eyes followed her as I saw the damage they had done. Blood ran down her nose, her eyes had become swollen. I just stood quietly as they placed her into the chair for the memory suppression.

I watched as she began to hyperventilate. My fists beginning to bleed from clenching hard. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

311K 7.7K 17
"Steve Rogers...that name sounds painfully familiar. He's pretty cute from the pictures I've seen. Too freaking bad I gotta kill him. And then track...
228K 6.9K 30
Part One of the "No Tricks" Trilogy. Sergeant James Buchanan "Bucky" Barnes AKA The Winter Soldier doesn't remember much of his past. You are a forme...
30.3K 1K 25
|Second in the Timeline Series| For everyone else it's been seventy years since Sergeant James Barnes of the 107th was killed in action, for Clara it...
165K 5.3K 88
Bucky Barnes is finally starting to get back bits of his past with the help of Shuri, but it is jumbled and unclear. As he attempts to sort them, he...