It Started With a Bet

By ChhaviGupta51

Siddharth Jindal is a young Dermatologist. He is everything a girl could want in her life partner... He is ta... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Epilogue
Epilogue cont.
Hello friends
New book

Chapter 70

11.6K 734 410
By ChhaviGupta51

Cupid's POV

" Mr Jindal, I am glad that my daughter is married in such a good family. But we have to tell people that they are married. I will do as you say, please tell me ... " Mr Singh said to uncle.

" First of all, as we have accepted your daughter as our, you can accept our son as yours. From now he is your son too. And you don't have to worry about any function. We are giving a big reception for them. You can invite as many people as you want to the function. Our families are connected now. So don't worry. "

" We saved some money for her wedding, I can give that to you. " Her dad said.

" No !!! I am totally against it. You are giving your sweet and educated daughter to my son, that is more than enough. We should be thankful to you for the rest of our lives. I am sorry, we can't accept that. One more thing, you will always have your right over her. She is our daughter... Yours as well as ours. "  Uncle said.

" Mr Gupta is right, I could not have found a better family and groom for my daughter, even if I had searched for years. I am glad that they are married now. "

Shruti's POV

I was getting very anxious as all the elders were talking in the living room, even Maurvi and Kriti were also there. Bhaiya had also joined them once Nihal had left.

Siddharth came to me and hugged me. I wrapped my arms around his torso.

" Excuse me?? What is going on?? " Kriti said and we turned to see her standing with a smirk on her face.

" What?? I am just hugging my wife. " Sid said with a smile.

" You are called inside. " She said making a serious face.

We both went inside holding hands. Everyone was serious. My father asked us to sit on the couch, we did that.

" You got married without us around and hence I don't consider you as married. Where is your vermilion, bangles and Mangalsutra? " he said.

What??

" Papa ?? " I was confused at his question.

" Keep quiet... You, young boy, apply vermilion on her hair parting and make her wear bangles and Mangalsutra and take our blessings, Right now. " My father said to Siddharth.

Sid smiled, nodded, grinned and touched his feet and then hugged my father. The shock on my dad's face was worth watching.  He smiled and patted on his back and hugged him.

" I am even carrying her Mangalsutra as she removed it in the car because she was feeling very awkward in wearing it in front of you. She was feeling very guilty. Thank you, uncle, for accepting me as her husband. She was not happy about marrying like that. Uncle, my parents were also not there when we got married, so can we do all these things in presence of my mom and Maurvi's mom. They are at home, so either we can call them here or we all can go there. " Siddharth said.

" We have already sent a driver to get them here.  They will be here in no time. " Dad said.

" You were right, Mr Gupta, he is a gem of a person and Mr and Mrs Jindal have taught them very good values and manners.  Sure beta. "  My father said and opened his arms and looked at me. I was stunned at what was happening and he asked me to come.

I ran into his arms and he hugged me very tightly and placed a kiss on my forehead and said, " I am proud of you, though I never supported you,  you made your own fate. I am happy that you were so rebellious, you fought against all odds and made a career and found such a nice man to get married to. I am sorry for not being a perfect father to my beautiful daughters and not believing in both of you. " He said and I cried in his arms for the first time.

Sid's mom and aunty came and after the greetings, Siddharth took out Mangalsutra from his pocket and tied it around my neck.

My mom got bangles and a small box of vermilion and Siddharth took some crimson coloured auspicious powder in my hair parting and made me wear some bangles.  Everyone clapped and both of us took blessings from all of the elders.

Everyone was so happy and so were we.

They all started discussing the reception plans, menus, sweets, guest list etc while Siddharth pulled me outside and asked me to show him my room.

I took him to my room, as I also wanted him to show my room, where I spent my life. But the moment we entered the room, he pulled me forcefully and I fell on his hard chest.

He smirked and before I could get away from him, he picked me up and kissed me very hard. I moaned at that and he smiled in that kiss.

Just then someone opened the door wide open and I saw bhaiya, Maurvi and Kriti standing there.

" What is going on? Wait ! I will tell uncle that you are kissing his daughter in his home only. " Bhai said.

" Bhai !!! "  I said to send him away but he raised his eye brow.

" Go away from here. "  I finally said. But all in vain. He paid no heed.

" No !! "

" There is something called privacy."  I said.

" Oh, is it?? I have never heard of it. When did you get to know about this word and its meaning?? I am sure...  just 3 days back only. Right?? "

" Bhai !! Maurvi, take him away.  " I said to our cupid.

" Sorry, he is right. You never gave us privacy. As it is, I can't pull him out of the room. He is so big and strong. Sorry."
Maurvi said and I started laughing.

" Will you please stop laughing?? " He said to me.

" Uncle, he was kissing your daughter... Bring your gun. "  Bhaiya said dramatically.

" What ?? She is my wife now. I can kiss her now. I don't think he would object. " Siddharth said.

" Are you crazy?? If a man would kiss my daughter I will break his jaw. " Bhaiya said.

" Even if he is her husband? " I asked.

" Does not matter... " Bhaiya said.

" Gautam you are crazy!!! Why did you kiss me then?? You kissed me in my dad's house when we were not even engaged. How could you?? " Maurvi said.

" Well my father-in-law was sweet and lenient, I am not. I will beat the hell out of that man. Married or not married. " Bhaiya said.

" Oh, I am scared for the boy, who will fall in love with our daughter if we have one. Or I simply wish to have sons to avoid all these things. " Maurvi said.

" No way !! I want daughters, sweet and beautiful just like you. " bhaiya said.

" Then stop bothering us and go and make one. " Sid said.

" What ?? " Maurvi asked and even I was confused, what was to be made? But bhaiya was grinning.

" Good idea. "  Bhai said. K

" Make what?? "

" Our first daughter. " Bhaiya said and winked at her. Both the brothers burst out laughing. She blushed like a tomato as these brothers call her.

" Shut up !! " She said and shook her head.

" Let's go tomato, we will make baby tomatoes. " Bhaiya teased her.

" Get lost.!! Let's go, Shruti... Let these brothers laugh at their stupid jokes. "

" Jokes?? I am serious... Dad wants to have grandchildren. Let's not disappoint him. What do you say, Sid? Let's see who makes them grandparents first. " bhaiya said.

" Yes Bhai, good idea !! "  Sid said.

" Shut up, Siddharth !! " Both Maurvi and I said and they both burst out laughing.

We all went home and after three days our parents gave a grand reception party, where all our friends, relatives and colleagues were present.  They all teased us mercilessly and we still enjoyed every minute of it.

When everyone else left the stage, Siddharth said, " You know what?? When you asked about my matrimonial biodata on that day, I was impressed by you and decided that I will marry you only and see, today, you are mine !! " I smiled and blushed.

I was also happy that I asked for his biodata that day. God had selected the man with the best matrimonial biodata for me years ago.

Last but not the least...

Thanks to our cute cupid for a Impeccable Matchmaking..

😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😂😂😂😂😂😂❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Good morning friends 🌺🌸

Here is my today's update, I hope you liked it, please let me know.

So now only the epilogue is left.  It was long so I divided it in two parts.

Thankyou every one for the tremendous amount of love and support you give to my books. I guess, I am blessed to have such good and supportive readers.

I want to thank everyone for reading, voting, commenting, sharing and following.

I read all your comments. I am sorry that I don't come too frequently on wattpad and don't anwer all the comments as I used to earlier.

Actually I am very busy these days, first of all I am uploading 2 chapters everyday.  Second reason is that my screen time is  really too much so I was advised to take it easy and cut down on the screen time. 

But please keep commenting... I love your comments as much as you love my books.

Third is that My exams are starting from day after tomorrow. So, I have to study...

So After the epilogue, I will take a break and will be back with Sujoy and Sneha after one month.

My book The frigid bride will be uploaded everyday on Libri.

Thanks
Chhavi ❤️😍😃

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

150K 5.4K 43
Book 1 of Fabulous Four series He believes in living in the moment. She wants everything planned. He believes love is one's strength. She believes i...
2.1K 248 24
Three besties, their families, and a trip of a lifetime. One of them is in a long-distance relationship, while the other two are total love skeptics...
45K 2.4K 100
Shruti and Sid are childhood friends... Due to circumstances,they part ways at the age of 13... 4 years later,they are very happy to see each other i...
22.5K 2.8K 21
π‘‡β„Žπ‘’ 𝑀𝑒𝑑𝑖𝑐𝑠' π‘ˆπ‘›π‘π‘™π‘Žπ‘›π‘›π‘’π‘‘ π‘Šπ‘–π‘“π‘’ : πΉπ‘Ÿπ‘œπ‘š π‘Šβ„Žπ‘–π‘‘π‘’ πΆπ‘œπ‘Žπ‘‘ π‘‡π‘œ π‘Šπ‘’π‘‘π‘‘π‘–π‘›π‘” π‘π‘œπ‘Žπ‘‘ In the polished world of Delhi's elite, D...