His Score (Mitsui Hisashi x O...

By marylaine_leawesome

Hewwooo, I just recently rewatched Slam Dunk and now I'm head over heels to Mitchi, he doesn't have much love... More

Chapter 1: First Day in Shohoku
Chapter 2: A Love Triangle???
Chapter 3: A Fight at The Rooftop
Chapter 4: An Unexpected Duel
Chapter 5: UnforeseenVictory
Chapter 6: Second Manager
Chapter 7: Giving Up?
Chapter 8: First Years vs Seniors
Chapter 9: Visit
Chapter 10: Ryonan
Chapter 12: Practice Match
Chapter 13: Turning the Tide
Chapter 14: This Is Only The Beggining
Chapter 15: Unexpected Reunion
Chapter 16: Stranger
Chapter 17: Intruders!
Chapter 18: Intruders! Part 2
Chapter 19: Intruders! Part 3
Chapter 20: Basketball
Chapter 21: Injury
Chapter 22: Steamed Buns
Chapter 23: Apology
Not a CHAPTER!!
Chapter 24:One on One
Chapter 25: Against the Sophomores
NOT A CHAPTER!!
Chapter 26: In a Pinch
Chapter 27: Invitation
NOT A CHAPTER!!
Chapter 28: Alone in the Gym
Chapter 29: In Awe
Chapter 30: Check Ups
Chapter 31: An Alley Fight
Chapter 32: Offer to Help

Chapter 11: Shohoku's Secret Weapon?!!

152 2 1
By marylaine_leawesome

Before the match began, we went to the locker room to  announce the first five players for  the game. I was handling the uniforms that are hanging around my arms. 

"Okay! Now to announce the list of starters!" Ayako said to the team who are lining up in two rows. "And give out uniforms." I added.

Coach will be the one to choose and announce the starter players for the match, personally I think the seniors will have to go first, it is common sense to do that after all. 

I looked to Sakuragi who was excited to get his uniform and I bet he is also thinking he'd get in the first half. But Sakuragi-kun is still a novice, sorry Sakuragi.

The coach began to announce the starter players and the first one to be called was Akagi-san, "Center, Akagi-kun, number 4." The coach said while reading his clipboard.

"Yes!" Akagi-san went to my direction and Ayako-san took the uniform from my arm and handed it to him. It is no surprise he would be number 4 though, he is the captain after all. 

"Point guard, Yasuda-kun, number 6. Second guard, Shiozaki-kun, number 8." 

"Do your best! Yasuda! Shio-kun!" Ayako-san cheered to the boys and handed them the uniforms. Yasuda's face was teary and happy. 

"Raise up your spirit! We will rely on you two to control the match's tempo!! Yasuda!! Shiozaki!!" Akagi encouraged the two and they answered back with determination, "Yes!!"

"Now for the forwards..." Coach Anzai looked at his clipboard once again before rising his head to their level, "Small forward, Kogure-kun, number 5." I handed the uniform to Kogure-san, it is as I expected, he is the vice captain after all.

Power forward huh? I guess the next one is the last one, I wonder who could it be. I looked over to Sakuragi's direction, 'He's still a novice, probably best not to pick him yet.' I though to myself. I  guess the best pick would be...

"Power forward...... Rukawa-kun, number 10." 

I got shot by amazement and so did the others, "No wonder it's Rukawa..."

"Just arrived in highschool and immediately became a starter...!! He really is different from us..." Ishii complied.

Handing him the last uniform in my hand, Ayako cheered him with encouragement, "Do your best Rukawa!!"

"Yosh! I'll hand the other uniforms for the rest!" I turned my way to the baggage but I immediately stopped as I saw Sakuragi in rage and jumped behind the coach's back.

"Why wasn't I selected?! What is this all about?!" Sakuragi began to squish the coach round double chin and everyone in the room was shocked and worried.

Akagi-san quickly went to the scene and stopped Sakuragi's actions, "You idiot!! You only learned basketball for two or three days, how can you be chosen this soon?!! You're too simple-minded!!" 

"So you were tricking me!!" Sakuragi lashed back, "Saying what controlling the  rebounnds, you can control the game, and also  have me do some special training!!" 

I looked around worriedly and the sound of their voices could be heard outside already, "I-I'll hand these now." As the two argued, Ayako-san and I gave out the uniforms to the other players.

One by one they  took, but before I could hand out the last one, I stared at the uniform number 15 for a while. It was my number when I was back in middle school, I felt an ache within my heart before hearing my name being called out, "G-Genji-san?"

"Ah! Sorry, here ya go." I handed him the uniform and the first year was pretty happy to get his official uniform, it put a smile on my face.

However, Akagi and Sakuragi was still not done arguing about the issue. "Idiot! Even if not a starter, there are opportunities in the next half!!" Akagi tried to explain while still being pissed by Sakuragi's naiveness.

"All in all I'm still just a back-up! Damn it!! You tricked me!!!" Sakuragi did not buy Akagi's reasoning and still is angry from the fact he is not in the first game.

I slowly approached the red head and tried to calm his head, "S-Sakuragi-kun, y-you're still a novice though. You'll get to play either way soon enough."

"Genji-san!!" His voice raised in disbelief, I jolted and felt scared about Sakuragi being pissed, he really is terrifying when he gets angry even the simplest things, a simpleton.

"You're thinking is really too naive, can't make any sense out of it!! It's a waste of time to say anymore!!" Akagi turned his back from Sakuragi and went on his way to Ayako, "Hey Ayako! Are the uniforms all given out?" 

"Yes! All 15 are given out." Ayako replied as she turned her head to his. 

"Wait... Wait a sec!! I still  don't have a uniform!!" Sakuragi said out loud, worried he didn't get a uniform yet.

Akagi looked at him for a while before calling my name, "Genji!"

"Y-Yes!"

"You got a colored tape?" I was confused of the captain asking such a thing but I do remember bringing a red tape inside the first aid kit. So I ran to grab it and handed to him.

He took the tape from my hand and said his thanks before slouching down to Sakuragi's chest, curious on what he was doing, I peeked over his shoulder only to see Akagi-san taping and forming a number to Sakuragi's shirt.

"This way will do! Okay! Let's go!!" Akagi went away from Sakuragi back to his team. Everyone was in shock seeing Sakuragi's make-shift uniform with a tape ubut what's even more shocking is his reaction.

Embarrassed and angered from the humiliation, Sakuragi ripped off his shirt in one go like it was some paper, "HUAHH!!! You bastard!! What is the meaning of this?!!" 

He quickly attacked Akagi and slapped the top of his head but Akagi was also mad from the upsetting behavior of the red head.

"I am a starter!! Number 3 is number 3!!" Sakuragi continued while still attempting to smack Akagi's head. 

"Idiot!! Where is there a number 3!! Numbers start 4!" Akagi scolded him while trying pull Sakuragi away with his leg. 

I tried to stop myself from laughing even if it was a serious situation, it was still kinda funny. The fact Sakuragi saying he wants to be number 3 but there isn't no number 3, his naiveness and the things he say really gets me.

"Arrghh!! Even right before a match, this kind of thing happens!!" Kogure-san ruffled his hair with his hands  intensely, he's frustrated from the inconvenient fight the two are having. 

"What a mess..." I facepalmed and covered my eyes with my palm , I could no longer watch the two fight anymore. Even Ayako-san is trying to let Rukawa stop the brawl.

"Sakuragi-kun. You are the secret weapon, so you are not starting." Everyone went silent when we heard the coach's explanation. The loud quarrel finally was gone and it made my ears relaxed again but I was even surprised hearing from coach Anzai the word "secret weapon" to Sakuragi.

"Secret weapon?!" Sakuragi changed moods quickly, he was happy to hear such a compliment and title from the coach. "The secret weapon has to be kept very well." Coach added.

"So that's it!!" Sakuragi wrapped his left arm to the coach's shoulders, "I understand old man's thinking!!"

"Hurry and take your hands off!! You unmannerly punk!!" Akagi scolded him.

"So give me a uniform! Since I'm a secret weapon, I should have a good number! Rukawa you can just use tape! Give me the uniform!" Sakuragi tried to take the uniform from Rukawa's hand which was the number 10 but Rukawa refused which made the two fight, "Hey! Hurry and give it to me Rukawa!! Don't think since you are a starter that you're all that!!"

"Sakuragi!! I understand! Hurry and stop!! Sakuragi number 10, Rukawa number 11. The other's will just  move up one number." Kogure calmed things down with his suggestion.

In my thought Kogure-san is spoiling too much Sakuragi but the're aren't any other way to make things calm down at this point, so I guess it was a good call for Kogur-san to just give him the number.

The members passed their uniforms because of Kogure-san's suggestion. Everyone's number went up, meaning Kawata-kun, number 15, will have to make a make-shift uniform using tape. 

Finally relieved from the stress, everyone was ready with their uniforms on and walked outside the locker's, entering the gym once again. "Ah Ah...!! Hanamichi already has his own uniform!!" "And it's even number 10!!" 

Hearing the familiar voices, Sakuragi and I turned our heads to see the Sakuragi gang at the railings, watching Sakuragi's unbelievable attained number.

"Hahahahahaha! It's talent!" Sakuragi said happily. I was a bit annoyed by his self claimed talent, what happened really is just him creating a ruckus to get that number, maybe that's his talent.

I turned my head to see the Ryonan's team were also ready with their uniforms, I wondered which was one was one of their ace.

I helped Ayako-san preparing the towels, bottles and first aid kit for the team. Ayako-san will be keeping their status updated durin the game, means she will keep track of everyone's points and fouls of the first and second half, and I must keep everything organized like our materials and in case of emergency I'll have to take care of the injured player.

"Morning!!" As I  heard the greet, I turned my head out of curiosity to see who had arrived, a door slid open and it caught everyone's attention including mine.

A tall boy wearing a Ryonan school uniform with his black hair styled into straight right spikes. "YOU BIG DUMMY!! What are you doing arriving just now!? Where have you been?!" Taoka-sensei was angry and scolded his late athlete who was now scratching the back of his head, "Sorry Coach! I overslept.." The boy said with a nervous smile.

Ryonan's team began to approach the latecomer and greeted him with his uniform in hand, soon enough he was able to wear his uniform, Ryonan's number 7. "Come let's begin." 

"Sendoh, Ryonan's ace. I wonder what's inside of Rukawa's head right now." 

As the two teams head their way at the center of the court to start, Sakuragi faced Sendoh and said, "I am the secret weapon Sakuragi!! Sendooh, I will defeat you!!"

My jaw slightly dropped after hearing the red heads forward message, "What a bold thing to say!" 

However, Sendoh seemed unintimidated and smiled to Sakuragi and offered his hand to shake which Sakuragi gladly took, "Nice to meet you!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

690K 21.8K 37
Y/N l/N has always been the quiet kid in school. She was never one to go out of her comfort zone. While attending her highschool years at Fukurodani...
457K 13.9K 35
After being asked to leave Shiratorizawa (cough, cough expelled) for various reasons, y/n set her heart on Karasuno. She wasn't what anyone was expec...
121 11 6
Our favourite volleyball and basketball players are all grown up and now in college. It is here that they meet Emiko (OC), a small girl who will make...
345K 9K 95
She was an elite player, but she pushed volleyball away. After several years, Ukai Mizuki is finally returning to Japan, her home. She still practice...