Beautifully Broken

By CancerianGirlPC

"The only thing that keeps me sane is either violence or fucking... so unless you wanna bend over for me, I s... More

Character Aesthetic
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 (Part 1)
Chapter 17 (Part 2)
Chapter 17 (Part 3 )
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
New Book
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Falling Without You

Chapter 5

1.9K 55 1
By CancerianGirlPC

Anaya POV:

I had spent the whole night tossing and turning in bed replaying the events from yesterday in my head. Every time I closed my eyes, Caden's dark, almost black eyes appeared in my head. Giving up on trying to fall asleep around 3 in the morning, I had picked up my laptop and researched about panic attacks. I knew a great deal about them already but I wanted to know more.

Panic attacks were triggered by a number of things; words, events, memories and many more. During a panic attack people have hard time breathing, staying calm and being focused and in some cases people experience episodes of rage. Caden had similar symptoms yesterday making me wonder what had triggered his attack.

Was it something I had said or done?

The reason as to why I had taken up peer counseling was because my interest was in science and like my parents; I wanted to become a doctor. Sure this program would help me get into college premed but I also liked helping people.

After yesterday, one thing was certain... I want to help Caden King.

***************************************************************

Dressing quickly in the morning, I was yawning non-stop. Sure, I was used to staying awake late but I did need a few hours of sleep to function accordingly and I already knew, today was going to be a long day. I had gone with dark skinny jeans and light pink jumper. Putting on a pair of black ballet flats, I walked out of my room leaving my hair to fall down my back in light curls.

Both my parents were at work this morning so the house was silent. Brandon was still sleeping and I didn't want to wake him up. The guy had a talent of waking up as late as he wanted and still arriving to his classes on time. Pulling out my coffee mug from the kitchen drawer, I got busy making coffee to take to school. I needed it if I was going to pay attention in classes today. Deciding not to have breakfast, I quickly put the coffee in the mug and headed out the door.

As soon as I had parked the car in the school lot, I got out and headed towards my locker. I really hope I didn't run into Caden today. Surely I had decided to help him but I was in no state to help anyone right now. Students were standing around their lockers chattering and laughing. Exchanging a few greetings with students on the way, I shoved the books that I didn't need till after lunch inside my locker and slammed it shut. Bringing my mug up to my lip, I sipped lightly and leaned my head against my locker and closed my eyes.

"You look hung over." Groaning, I opened my eyes to see Stacey hovering over me with a cheeky smile on her face. Giving her the best glare I could muster, I leaned back, closing my eyes again.

"Don't even start, Stace. I didn't get any sleep last night." Sipping the coffee again I looked towards my best friend.

"Someone messing with your head, not letting you sleep?" Wiggling her eyebrows suggestively, she started pulling me along towards our first period. Scowling at who she had meant I frowned, because she was right. Caden King was messing with my head. Just then a hush fell across the hallway and everyone parted as to let someone pass through.

Looking towards the entrance, I saw Caden making his way through the hallway followed by his two friends; Alex and Jace. The three of them had been joined to the hip since middle school and their bond was ever so strong, even when Caden had been sent to Juvie. The three of them strode through the halls like they owned the place and students actually parted and made way for them. The scene in front of me made me scowl more. Why did everyone treat them like royalty?

Snapping Stacey out of her trance I pulled her along walking in the opposite direction, not wanting to run into Caden. I always had a plan and currently my plan was to stay awake long enough to make it through the classes today and make it through the day without running into Caden.

**************************************************************

As soon as the bell for the end of last period had gone off, I was up on my feet and basically sprinting down the hall. I had a massive head ache and I was in desperate need for a sleep. All I could think of right now was my bed.

True to my word, I had avoided Caden like it was my life mission. Since the principal had not pulled me out of any classes today, I'm guessing Caden had actually attended all his classes. Thank god for that.

I had told Stacey that I was heading straight home after last period so she wasn't waiting for me at the lockers. Making my way outside, I looked around to see students standing around mumbling instead of rushing to their vehicles and heading home as usual. Furrowing my brows, I walked ahead and saw what the commotion was about.

Mrs. King was standing in the parking lot casually leaning against her sleek white car wearing a form fitting knee length dress that screamed money and business. Her dark hair was twisted into an elegant bun and her face was adorned with little makeup giving her a natural look. The woman was beyond gorgeous and it was hard to tell that she was a mother of a teenage boy. I had always admired her like I admire my own mother. I have a soft spot for independent women and I wanted to carry myself like that one day. That's what I was working towards.

Letting her gaze run over the teenagers in front of her, Mrs. King flashed a smile when she sighted me among the students. Turning my body slightly to see whether the smile was directed to someone behind me, I saw no one else. Yup, that was for me. Letting out a nervous chuckle I awkwardly waved at her.

Smirking she beckoned me over with a slight nod. Slowly making my way towards her, I stopped a few steps away from her.

"Hello dear. Sorry if I startled you." Giving me a warm smile, Mrs. King extended her hand for a handshake. Grasping her extended hand, I gave it a small shake before withdrawing my hand back to my side.

"Hi Mrs. King and it's no problem. Everything startles me." Flashing her a smile of my own, I shrugged my shoulders. "May I ask why you called me over?" I hope I didn't sound rude but I was curious to know as to why she wanted to speak with me.

"Please, call me Ashlyn. Mrs. King makes me sound old." That made me smile and I gave her a light nod.

"I actually wanted to have a word with you Anaya." Looking around us to see that the students had dispersed but a few of them still remained looking our way clearly interested as to what the wife of the richest man in town wanted from a school girl. "In private if you can."

"Sure. I was just heading home anyway."

We agreed to go to a café nearby. Since I had my car I offered to meet her there. Getting in my car I couldn't help but think what she wanted to talk about.

***************************************************************

Making our way inside the homey café, we sat down at the table by the window. After ordering two cups of coffee I looked towards Ashlyn who was looking around nervously.

"The reason I asked to speak with you Anaya was because of Caden." Now that had my attention. Sitting up straighter, I placed my palms on the table in front of me.

"What about him, Mrs. King?" She gave me a pointed look at the name and I flushed scarlet. Mumbling a small apology under my breath, I looked toward her urging her to continue.

"Caden is a very troubled boy Anaya. Sure, he was a troublemaker before everything, but what happened a year ago really took a toll on him." Ashlyn wiped her eyes softly and gave me a sad smile. I could imagine how hard it must be for her. Placing my hand over hers I gave it a small squeeze letting her know she could stop if she wanted. Shaking her head, Ashlyn continued speaking, "We were happy, when the judge announced that his sentence had been shortened and he could come home early. I was finally going to have my son with me. Do you know how hard it was staying in a big mansion knowing your son was in prison?" I could feel the pricking at the back of my eye.

"It broke us Anaya. When Caden came home, he was very different. Not at all like the son who had walked out of the court that day. He didn't speak of his time in prison, hardly slept and he didn't take interest in the things he had loved doing before." Wiping the tears that had escaped her eyes, Ashlyn looked at me.

"Caden has changed a lot and not for the better. There is something about him that scares me as a mother Anaya." Reaching for my hand on the table, she grasped it in her own and looked at me with so much sorrow it pained me.

"He goes off at night and comes back in the early hours of the morning, he doesn't sleep or talk to anyone and I'm scared if he makes even the slightest mistake I will lose my son forever." At this point Ashlyn was sobbing softly with her head bowed.

Quickly getting up, I walked to the seat beside her and sat down pulling her into a hug. I rubbed her back softly allowing her to cry on my shoulder. My heart pained for the woman in front of me. She was a mother who just wanted the best for her son.

"I'm sorry; I didn't mean to have a break down in front of you." Wiping her eyes using the tissue she gave me a sad smile.

"Don't apologize Ashlyn. It's okay but I am a little curious as to why you are telling me all this." Looking at me softly, she hesitated before answering.

"I need your help Anaya." Scrunching my eyebrows, I looked at the woman in front of me in confusion.

"You're a remarkable student and Mr. Stevenson told me all that I needed to know about you. You're smart, capable, responsible and very mature for your age." Blushing slightly at the compliment, I still had no idea where all this was headed.

"I want you to help Caden." At that I opened my mouth fully intending to tell her that I had already made up my mind to help him but stopped when she raised a hand and urging me to let her continue talking.

"I want you to keep an eye on him. I would hire a security for him but Caden is too smart for that, he will figure out what is happening and I do not want to do anything to upset him further. I just want my son to be free and safe Anaya and I'm desperate. I will pay you." That is when I decided to jump in.

"You don't have to pay me Ashlyn. In fact I had already decided to help Caden the best I can. This is why I joined the club. I like helping people. Sure Caden will not be easy to deal with but I'm willing to make an effort." Finishing I smiled at her softy and watched as she basically strung out of her seat and crushed me to her chest,

"Thank you... Thank you... Thank you Anaya," Smiling at her enthusiasm, I knew I had made the right choice.

She had hope in me... and I couldn't let her down. 

******************************************************************************************

Please leave a like <3

Xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

616K 21.3K 60
"Don't do that." I mumble. "Why not?" His husky voice cracks as he speaks softly into my ear. Blood rushes to various places in my body. "You're m...
437K 15.1K 50
All rights reserved. ~ ~DUAL POV~ ~ Azalea and Aiden have never gotten along. Despite the absurdity of it, they have been rivals since birth. But...
1M 21.9K 52
Guardians of Freecaster High #1 "That doesn't make any sense. You were the one who left me. You didn't care anymore." "If I didn't care, Alexis, then...
8.5M 291K 55
Nicholas Adams has lived a life of abuse from his alcoholic father and sex addict mother. So growing up was tough. He makes sure everyone fears him...