Chéri || Fred Weasley

By laucb02

"I promised myself to never fall in love again, even if that leaves me to be alone for the rest of my existen... More

Author's Note
cast
i
ii
iii
iv
v
vi
vii
viii
ix
x
xi
xii
xiii
xiv
xv
xvi
xvii
xviii
xix
xx
xxi
xxii
xxiii
xiv
xxv
xxvi
xxvii
xxviii
xxix
xxx
xxxi
xxxii
xxxiii
xxxiv
xxxv
xxxvi
xxxvii
xxxviii
xxxix
xl
xli
xlii
xliii
xliv
xlv
xlvi
xlvii
xlviii
xlix
l
li
lii
liii
liv
lv
lvi
lvii
lviii
lix
lx
lxi
theo&clo
lxii
lxiii
lxiv
lxv
lxvi
lxvii
lxviii
lxix
lxx
lxxi
lxxii
lxxiii
lxxiv
lxxv
lxxvi
lxxvii
lxxviii
lxxix
lxxx
lxxxi
lxxxii
lxxxiii
lxxxiv
lxxxv
lxxxvi
lxxxvii
lxxxviii
lxxxix
xc
xci
xcii
xciii
xcv
photos of mads taken by fred
xcvi
xcvii
xcviii
xcix
c
ci
cii
ciii
civ
dream house
cv
cvi
cvii
cviii
cviv
cv
epilogue i
epilogue ii
epilogue iii
epilogue iv
weasley-archambeau children
next gen faceclaims
epilogue v
Author's Note
Sapphire||Prologue

xciv

4.5K 128 209
By laucb02

After taking a moment to appreciate the beauty of the starry night sky, Madeleine looked back at her brother, godfather and mother, the latter who was holding a babbling Teddy in her arms. Narcissa, Andromeda and Mamie had already joined the rest of the guests but since Teddy was the ring carrier, he had his grand entrance with his great-aunt which he was more than happy about. Maddie closed her eyes again and heard the music playing and chattering in the short distance, her heart fluttering with excited butteriflies rather than nervous ones.

"I mean it, we can leave now if you want," Sirius teased.

"I don't want to leave," Maddie chuckled. "And I'm supposed to walk down that aisle at exactly midnight so I think that you should walk over there now mum."

"I know darling," Cressida smiled and kissed the top of her daughter's head. "You will be brilliant ma belle, and you truly are the most beautiful bride in the world."

"Thanks mum, I love you," Maddie said softly and watched her mum and godson walk past the trees that were hiding her from the rest of the wedding guests.

The music changed into a softer melody that Madeleine knew Lizzie had chosen. The moon was softly illuminating the path that she had to walk through before finally reaching the aisle and by the sound of the music, she knew that Fred was about to walk towards the front, followed by Alicia and Lee, and finally by Lizzie and George.

"Are you ready?" Tim asked after he took a quick glance at his watch, knowing that it was time already.

"I am," Maddie smiled nervously and looked at her godfather who still had tears brimming in the corner of his eyes.

"Look what you've done to this old man Maddibear," Sirius chuckled and kissed her temple, making her smile like when she was a little girl.

"If any of you let me fall, mark my words that that, will be the last thing you'll ever do," Maddie took a deep breath and linked one of her arms with Timothée's and the other with Sirius', holding the bouquet of sunflowers, tulips and a single white iris with both of her hands.

Fred was already standing in the front, a wide grin displaying on his handsome face as he watched his best friends and best man walk towards the front, Bill and Charlie wolf-whistled as Fred adjusted his tie, the older twin sending a cocky wink their way. Mirroring his twin's grin, George gave Fred a tight hug as he moved to stand by his brother's side with Lee. Lizzie and Alicia stood on his other side, leaving the space where Madeleine would stand in when she reached the front, the two of them holding smaller versions of the blonde's bouquet.

The fairies inside the floating glass jars were twinkling, creating a warm glow, lighting up the path that Maddie was following to reach the place where their wedding would take place, gripping her brother and godfather's arms tightly. Fred was talking in whispers with George and Lee and came to a halt when he felt the air being punched out of his lungs. Everyone who was sitting down on the delicate silver chairs stood up when Madeleine reached what was the end of the aisle with Sirius and Timothée.

"Fucking hell," Fred breathed and didn't acknowledge the tears that were running down his cheeks, his smile only growing wider as she walked slowly towards him, tears pooling in her own eyes as well. He felt the same way he did when he saw her come down the stairs the night of the Yule Ball, the gold glittery dress flowing seamlessly with every step she took but this time it was the wedding dress she was wearing, to marry him.

Suddenly, all of their surroundings blended and they were the only two people in the world as they looked at each other with teary eyes and wide smiles. Fred felt like he was in sixth year all over again when he looked into her jade green eyes, the amount of love he felt being unexplainable. His mind took him back to the first time he looked into her eyes when he sat in front of her on the train, his heart doing somersaults as she finally stopped in front of him, the smile never leaving neither of their faces.

"You already know what will happen if you hurt her Weasley," Sirius said sternly and removed his arm from Madeleine's, taking her hand and gently handing it to Fred before kissing her cheek and shaking the redhead's free hand.

"What he said," Tim chuckled and shook Fred's free hand as well, kissing his sister's other cheek before heading to sit on the front row next to his mum and aunts.

"You look absolutely ethereal, my love," he said softly and took a moment to admire her beauty, the two of them getting lost in each other's eyes.

"You don't look too bad yourself," she whispered and raised her hand to cup his face and brush a stray tear from his cheek with her thumb. He melted into her touch and couldn't resist himself, pulling her into a tender kiss without realizing.

"Oi! You're not supposed to kiss her yet you tosser!" Charlie said loudly, making the rest of the guests laugh.

"My apologies but how can you resist to kiss her?" Fred looked back at his brother beaming, raising his hands in defeat making Maddie blush as she handed the bouquet of flowers to Lizzie who was standing next to her, before Fred took her hands into his after the crowd sat back down.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to witness the union between these two souls who surprisingly asked me, to officiate this ceremony but of course, I couldn't refuse since this is a love story that I find myself very fond of," Minnie beamed and looked at the couple, doing her best to not let any tears fall.

"Choosing who you are to spend the rest of your life with, is one of the most important decisions one could take in his or her lifetime. I have no doubt whatsoever that Fred and Madeleine are destined to be together for the rest of eternity, and I must say that I knew they were going to end up together since I first saw them together in the great hall on September 1st, 1994; hency why I asked Fred to show Madeleine around the first day of lessons of that year," Minnie said and made the couple in front of her exchanged surprised looks.

"Seeing both Fred and Madeleine become the young man and woman they are today, having surpassed all of the obstacles that were placed in their way and being here today as an acknowledgement of the new journey they are to embark together, is something that I consider to be a great privilige. Now, let's not waste any more time considering that the two of them have already waited long enough for this moment. The groom and bride have chosen to prepare their own vows which they will now present to each other, Madeleine would you like to begin?"

"Okay, throw me under the bus first Minnie but fine," Maddie grinned and wiped a single tear from her cheek, Alicia moving forward to hand her the sheet of parchment in which her vows were written. She held one of Fred's hands and the parchment with the other hand and looked into his eyes. "Well, I didn't have time to memorize my vows since I kind of forgot to write them until today so I'm gonna read them which I hope you don't mind Freddie.

"Red, when I first met you, I was going through one of the darkest patches that I have ever experienced in my entire life. One of, because we both know that there definitely have been more than one," she said, making him nod and laugh lightly. "You reminded me that life was worth it. You, reminded that I had a purpose after all and that I was loved despite all of the shitty mistakes I've made. You were the person who got me to laugh again after months of not doing so, and I owe you my life because you reminded that after all the darkness, there was still light and I just needed to get to the end of the tunnel to see it. You showed me how to live and I am forever in debt with you for that chéri. I am yours forever and always Fred Weasley and I assure you that there is no one else in the world who I would want to spend the rest of my life with.

"You have stuck with me through absolutely everything and that selfless act that you did with me, is something that I promise you for the rest of out lives. To stand by your side through thick and thin, through good and bad and through absolutely everything that life sends our way. We've been through so many things together, things that have definitely tested our limits as fragile human beings, and yet, our love was preserved through all of it and that is why I have no doubt that we can go through hell and back all over again if it's necessary, because in the end, we will still have each other. And despite the messiness of our relationship throughout the years, I wouldn't have it any other way. I used to think that my favorite love story was Lizzie and Mr Darcy's, but I can safely say that my favorite love story, is ours Freddie.

"A novel filled with so much drama and so much comedy and romance and tragedy at the same time, that if I was asked to classify into only one literary genre, I would find myself unable to do so. Every single day, you never fail to bring a smile to myself and every single day, I fall more in love with you though many people may think that's impossible considering that I already love you with every atom of my being. Six years have taken us to get where we are now so I can assure you that I'm not going anywhere, unless you really annoy me, but I promise to always come back for you," she said and made him laugh again, fresh tears running down his cheeks.

"I promise to always laugh at your jokes and puns, no matter how bad they are. I promise to keep reading to you no matter how tired I am, which I hope you appreciate because you of all people know that I need my sleep. I promise to celebrate with you every single triumph, no matter how small it is, even if said triumph is beating me at chess. I vow to you that I will always be by your side, and you bet that there is no getting rid of me now so you can still back away while there's a chance," she grinned.

"Not happening love," Fred chuckled.

"I vow my eternal love and commitment to you Red, forever and always, because you Fred Weasley, you're the sun. You are my sun and I'm your moon. You make me a better version of myself, you make me the version of myself that I want to be and I just can't exist without you mon amour. And to finish off since I've already taken quite some time pouring my heart out to you in front of our friends and families, I stand with what I said that night. Falling in love with you, is the best thing that has ever happened to me," she finished and folded the parchment, handing it to Lizzie and looking into his eyes again, her cheeks tear stained but the smile permanent on her prefect features.

"Fred, is your turn now," Minnie said, her voice sounding differed since she was already crying like the majority of the guests present.

"Knowing that you wrote them today makes me feel way better since, I also forgot to write mine until today too," he grinned and made her laugh, "but it'll be kind of hard to top that angel so thank you for that."

"They truly are meant to be, aren't they?" Lee chuckled, making the guests chortle as well.

"Angel," he said softly and cupped her cheek with his free hand. "First and foremost, I would like to say that choosing to sit in that compartment with you, is truly one of the best decisions I have taken in my entire life. Being my stupid and oblivious sixteen year-old self, of course I had no idea that that, was going to change to course of my life forever but I wouldn't have it any other way. I still remember when you looked into my eyes with those beautifully perfect eyes of yours and I must say that I was taken aback entirely. I never imagined the power that eyes could really have over someone until I met you and I truly mean it when I say that I want to get lost inside that enchanted green forest of your eyes forever, my love.

"If someone asked me to make a list of all of the reasons why I love you, then we would probably be stuck here all night so I'm just going to name a few. You are quite literally, and I shit you not, the strongest person I have ever known and it never seizes to amaze me how no matter what, you always manage to find the strength to keep moving forward. You are so incredibly smart that it should be illegal to have as much knowledge as you do, but don't get me wrong, it's really hot how intelligent you are. I sometimes feel like a complete idiot when I stand next to you yet you have never made me feel like one, and you have actually pushed me to learn and use my brain even more so I have you and only you to thank for that. You are so beautiful inside and out, and even though it took me a little bit to scrap that icy surface of yours when we first met, the waiting was worth it. Besides your eyes, the second thing that completely swept me of my feet was your laugh. The first time I heard your laugh, something in my brain shifted and I also know that that, is a sound I never want to stop listening to. You are so unbelievably kind and selfless, though you yourself may not notice, I always did and that is another one of the hundreds of reasons why I love you.

"I still remember our first kiss, you completely caught me off guard when you grabbed my shirt and kissed me and I'm so glad that you did. I still stand with what I said that night, you are a real life star Madeleine and I'm still trying to figure out how is it possible that such a goddess like you can simply stand between us, mere mortals. I have loved every single one of our adventures my angel and I cherish each of them in a special place in my heart. From sneaking out of school after hours, sorry Minnie, to getting tattoos just for the sake of it after losing a bet together,-"

"Tattoos? Arthur what is he talking about?" Molly whispered and dabbed the corner of her eyes with her handkerchief.

"-I used to think that happiness came from funny jokes and pranks, but how wrong was I. Since you came into my life like my own personal bright shooting star, you have showed me real and genuine happiness and I never want that happiness to go away. You are the most precious thing that life has allowed me to have, it's always been you and it will always be you and you only. I can't wait to start this new chapter of our lives together, building a home and starting a family like we've talked about and wanted for a very long time. So now for what I actually vow to you Frenchie, here goes nothing," he chuckled and brushed the tears from her cheek.

"I promise to keep reaching things for you from the top shelves and I promise to get rid of every bug that crosses you path because I know how much you hate bugs. I vow to be patient when you're getting ready, even though you do take a lifetime choosing what to wear which doesn't make sense because everything looks good on you. I promise to share half of my plate with you when I order something that you like better than what you order, because that is how much I love you. I promise to not judge your driving skills even though you would be driving us to our death becase you're absolute rubbish behind a car's wheel. I promise to keep that beautiful smile on your face no matter what, even if it is through my great jokes and puns that I do know they actually make you really laugh. I vow to stand by your side through everything. Through thick and thin, through good and bad, for better and for worse. I promise to always, always support you, listen to you, be your rock and anchor in tumultuous times.

"It's you, who makes me a better person Mads so I vow to you, to be the man you deserve that will love you honestly and truly until his last breath."In vain I have struggled. It will not do. My feelings will no longer be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you," said Mr Darcy the first time he proposed to Elizabeth, and even though the second time was the charm for him, it took more than one try for us to finally get it right as well. I not only love you Madeleine, but I also ardently admire you. Your strenght, your beauty both external and internal, your flaws that I also have learned to love and accept just like you have done with mine; you are the love of my life Madeleine Archambeau and I know that I would choose you, in every single lifetime. You are the brightest star in the whole sky, you are the bright north star that guides and lights up my path in the darkness of the night. I love you and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you Frenchie."

"I can't believe you really ruined my makeup on my wedding day," she laughed and kissed the inside of his wrist as he brushed more tears from her cheeks.

"Those were the most beautiful vows I have heard in my life," Minnie shook her head with wide smiled on her face. "Now, Fred and Madeleine, please take each other's hands and if little Teddy could please bring me the rings-"

Cressida stood up with her face tear stained, holding Teddy's tiny hand as she helped him carry the small box containing the rings. Teddy giggled as he handed Minnie the small box after Fred had picked him up, kissing his godmother's cheek before Cressida took him into her arms and carried him back to her seat, setting him down on her lap.

"Fred, please repeat after me," Minnie said and placed the delicate white gold band he had chosen for her with the date and the word 'Red' engraved on the inside of it. "I give you this ring, as a daily reminder of my love for you if you choose to accept it."

"I give you this ring, as a daily reminder of my love for you if you choose to accept it," he repeated.

"Do you, Madeleine Céline Archambeau, take Fred to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part?" asked Minnie.

Without moving her eyes from Fred's, Maddie beamed and without any hesitation said, "I do," before he slid the ring onto the finger that held her engagement ring, kissing her knuckles after her wedding ring was, both of them chuckling when they heard Hagrid loudly blow his nose on his handkerchief from crying since the ceremony started.

"Now it's your turn Madeleine," said Minnie and handed her the white gold band she had picked, with the date engraved but with the word 'Frenchie' instead.

"Do you, Frederick Gideon Weasley, take Madeleine to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part?"

"Of course I do," he grinned and Madeleine's dainty fingers, slid the ring onto his finger.

"By the power of your love and commitment to each other, and the power vested in me," Minnie said and took out her wand from her robes' pocket. "I know pronounce you husband and wife, you can now kiss your bride Fred," she smiled and waved her wand over their heads, a shower of stars falling upon their intertwined figures.

Fred wrapped his arms around Maddie's waist laughing as the crowd stood up applauding and cheering, pulling her onto his chest, swiftly diping the two of them as he connected his lips with hers passionately. So much love and happiness encapsulated in a single deep kiss that could have lasted a lifetime if it wasn't for the need to breathe.

"I love you," his lips brushed against hers once they pulled out of the kiss, panting slightly as he returned them to their standing positions.

"I love you too," she giggled and kissed him again, throwing her arms around his neck.

Minnie waved her wand again and the chairs magically removed as tables around the hill appeared to seat the guests for canapes and drinks. The quartet they hired was now playing on a small makeshift stage, lively music surrounding the open space as a conjured dance floor also appeared on the grass. The bar was conjured from thin air close to the quartet, a bartender already making drinks as waiters began passing trays of drinks, champagne and canapés around.

A crowd of well-wishers surrounded them, mostly being a large group of redheads including Fred's cousins and uncles from Arthur's side of the family, that Madeleine had only seen in Bill's wedding. Hagrid while still sobbing, wrapped the two of them into a bone crushing hug as he congratulated the couple. Both of their mothers were crying as they hugged them, Cressida welcoming Fred into the family, Molly and Arthur doing the same with Madeleine.

"Congratulations, I'm really happy for you two," the boy with dark hair and hazel eyes approached them after the crowd had dispersed.

"Thank you Theo," Maddie gave him a sisterly hug, taking him by surprise but hugging her back, not mentioning to her that the only person who had ever hugged him before was Clo.

"Thanks mate," Fred smiled and shook his hand. "Enjoy the party."

"Open bar, that definitely will make me enjoy this," Theo chuckled.

"Theodore Nott making a joke, that's one for the books," Maddie beamed.

The song the two of them danced to in the Astronomy Tower and the night they got engaged was being played acustically by the quartet, just like Fred had asked them to play. "I think it's time for our first dance now, my beautiful wife," he said after helping her take off the delicate veil to make herself more comfortable.

"Do seriously think that I didn't know who asked the band to play that song?" she shook her head and let him lead the way to the dancefloor.

"Guilty as charged," he chuckled as they enojoyed their first dance underneath the starry sky, more people joining them yet they were the only beings on the planet.

"I noticed the six empty seats on the left row," she said quietly as they swayed with the music's rhythm. "Thank you chéri, it really meant a lot to me."

"I would go to the sun and back to make you happy my love, that was nothing," he kissed the top of her head.

"I love you so much Fred, with every single beat of my heart," she pushed a loose strand on red hair from his forehead.

"And I love you with every single beat of my heart Mads," he smiled.

"I've decided that I'm going to change my name," she added.

"What?" his eyes went wide.

"Do you not want me to change it?" she lowered her brows as they kept dancing.

"I don't mind love, it's your name after all but I just assumed you would keep yours because I know how much you love it."

"I'm going to hyphen it so it'll be Weasley-Archambeau," she smiled, "though I do want our kids to have both of our last names instead of just yours-"

"I think it sounds great angel," he interrupted her, "and for our kids, I also think that it would be best if they have both of them, having babies is team work after all."

"Tell me about it," she laughed as the song ended.

"I have another promise to keep so I'm gonna ask your mum for a dance," he kissed her temple.

"Lucky for you, I'm stepping to replace him," George beamed and swap with Fred, keeping the dance with his best friend and now sister-in-law.

"Would you grant me this dance Cress?" Fred smiled and extended his hand towards the golden haired woman who was sitting on a table with her sisters and cousin, Teddy completely passed out on Andromeda's chest.

"Of course Fred," she nodded and took his hand, the redhead leading them to the dance-floor as they danced in silence.

"You should go dance with your wife now," Cressida said once the song was over but he kept dancing.

"I can't, I promised Clo a dance in mine and Maddie wedding before everything and I intend to keep that promise," Fred said softly.

"You're a good man Fred," Cressida's voice cracked, "thank you for making my little girl happy."

After many more dances, Fred had taken off his vest, tie and jacket, undoing some of the top buttons of his white shirt to be more comfortable. He was sitting on the main table with Madeleine on his lap, her head resting on the crook of his neck as they talked with their friends and family about the plans for the house and for both of their businesses as the clock neared four thirty in the morning.

"Ladies, gentlemen, and Ron, may I get your attention please," George grinned and stood up with a champagne glass in hand, sending a wink to a scowling Ron. "Well, as we all know and saw, today is such a special day that even the cake is tiering up."

"And I thought your puns were bad Freddie," Maddie snorted.

"Okay moving on," George scoffed when only his twin and Charlie laughed at his pun. "As the best man, it is my duty to deliver this amazing, heartfelt speech for the newlywed lovebirds. But, I've decided not to do that so I will rather embarrass my dear brother and my best friend slash new sister-in-law and I'm gonna use grown up language since the two kids here present are asleep-"

"Ron is not asleep yet," Fred said loudly.

"Oi shove off!" Ron groaned,

"For those of you who don't know the entire history between these two, I'm gonna make a short summary of it but will make sure to skip a few details because that is territory I really don't wanna get myself into-"

"Good choice," Fred and Maddie said in unison, making everyone laugh.

"So for those who have not made the obvious connection yet, Fred and I met some twenty-two years ago in my mum's womb so that's that. Clearly, we were born to outshine the rest of our brothers because let's be honest, we're the most attractive batch of the lot," George joked. "So fast forward some sixteen years later, and there we are. Three handsome boys, complete Gryffindor heartthrobs who ironically, couldn't find an empty compartment on the train. We looked and looked for one but all were full with way too many people but one in the back.

"So Fred stopped by it first and slid open the door, deciding that it was better to sit with the mysterious girl with a resting-bitch face than to not sit at all. So this girl doesn't even acknowledge us right, which definitely annoyed Fred because we know that the bastard loves being the center of attention. So then, mine and Lee's idiot asses, came to the conclusion that because the girl who was in front of us was reading a book that was in French she didn't know English but how wrong we were," George chuckled.

"Fast forward again a couple of months and there I am, in the Yule ball dancing with my girlfriend-"

"I wasn't your girlfriend then Weasley!" Lizzie called loudly.

"Well, fine," he huffed, "take some excitement from my story will you darling? Moving on from that interruption, there I am happily dancing when my idiot brother and I mean Fred this time, not Ron, comes and says in his stupid voice "I'm bored so I'm sneaking out, if anyone asks I have a headache." Of course that I didn't give a flying shit about what he had just said because I was slow dancing with the girl of my dreams but I didn't know that Mads had sneaked out as well and that they were in the Astronomy Tower together, dancing and doing stuff because my innocent mind couldn't fathom about said stuff," George smirked.

"Fast forward again and it's summer '96, I'm crashing in Mads' room in Grimmauld Place because bloody Charlie is snoring all of his bloody lungs through his mouth and I apparate to see those two cuddled together on her bed but again, my innocet mind didn't think much of it. The morning after I crashed there, I'm woken up after I heard the two of them getting up and Mads is throwing up all of her insides and of course, my sweet innocent-"

"Get on with it idiot number two!" Ginny said loudly. "And we all know your mind isn't and has never been innocent!"

"Why is everyone so keen in ruining my speech?" George scoffed. "Fine, I'll get on with it Ginevra. So that morning, they blow the news in my face that they have been "together," in certain aspects only since the Yule Ball so I just fucking stood there and looked at them only wanting to throw up because I had just used Madeleine's toothbrush so I'm still not sure if that's what triggered my gag reflex, or if the puke inside the toilet did it, or if what Fred said did it. Maybe the three combined but who knows, am I right?

"So that's how I found out, which luckily, wasn't as bad as when Ron, Ginny, Harry and Clo found out because for their actual innocent minds, I bet that was truly traumatizing. But I feel even worse for Hermione because her mind was also scarred in Grimmauld Place and was forced to keep the secret by the Mr and Mrs sitting right here," George continued.

"It was worse than traumatizing," Hermione winced as the memory replayed in his head again.

"Tell me about it," Harry revolted.

"Shit, this is getting long and I'm already a bit drunk so I'll finish up quickly everyone. I have had the great pleasure to watch my brother, my best friend in the world find love. A love that is reciprocated by none other than one of my best friends, one of my confidants. The two of you are soulmates, I know it, you know and everyone here knows it. Seeing the two of you now married, starting this new journey together brings me so many memories, good, bad, sad and all in between and all I can say is that I am beyond happy for you both. Who would have known that the biggest two commitment phobes at Hogwarts would be the first to marry from our small group of friends. Even though I've considered you to be part of my family for years Mads, it's now official so brace yourself because being a Weasley is a commitment for life and it also means that you'll be popping redhead babies from now on so get rid of any ideas of having kids with your hair. I also call dibs on godfather because that's my birth right as Fred's twin. I wish the two of you a life full of happiness, adventures, love and what not. And Freddie, just know that you can't set her bed on fire anymore as a prank because that will be your bed as well, so everyone raise a glass and let's toast to the happy couple, may their love be preserved forever, cheers."

Glasses clinked as eveyone toasted together, the majority of guests laughing at George's speech but Sirius who was just serious after knowing some of the details of summer '96 were revealed by the younger twin and Molly who disaproved of George's choice of words and anecdotes. Before they could cut the cake that the blonde herself had baked, a grinning Lizzie finally was able to gift them the red leather photo album with all of their memories together, accompanied by George, Alicia and Lee.

They cut the small three layer cake together, the two of them having the same idea unbeknownst to each other. With mischievous grins, the two of them grinded the cake on the other's face instead of sweetly feeding a bite to each other like Molly had suggested, starting a cake fight between the two of them which Fred won, laughing loudly as he picked Maddie up and threw her over her shoulder after covering her entire face with cake.

"I have a final surprise for you," he smirked and with a flick of his wand, a large table with lanterns appeared from nowhere and the two of them were cleaned of any remaining cake in their faces and clothes.

"Floating lanterns? How did you-"

"I may or may not have stolen your wedding scrapbook from when you were nine," he shrugged.

"Of course you did," she laughed and flung her arms around his neck as he picked her up and spinned her. "This is wonderful Freddie, I love it!"

"I couldn't take you to the stars so I brought to you something that came close to them, I so glad that you love it," he kissed her lips. "Pick the one you like the most and we'll do it together."

Her face lit up like a child's in Christmas morning, she picked the biggest one on the table which he already knew she would choose, even though she had no idea that's the one he had picked out for them. The rest of the wedding invitees picked a lantern as well, waiting for Fred and Maddie to light it up together before doing the same.

"Did you make a wish?" he asked as they held the lantern together, the warmth from the fire inside it radiating over the two of them.

"I already got my wish Freddie," she said softly, "I have you."

"I love you," he smiled, "you, were my wish too by the way."

"Can we release them now?" she said excitedly and he nodded, smiling with an immense amount of joy as he watched her wide smile when they released their lantern, lighting up the still dark sky as the other lanters flew onto the sky as well. "They look so pretty, this is by far more than I could have imagined chéri, thank you."

"I know, it was truly a night to remember," he chuckled and wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her closer as they looked at the lanters float over the sky contently. "You ready for our honeymoon, Mrs Weasley?"

"You have no idea, Mr Weasley," she grinned and took his hand as they went over to say their goodbyes to their friends and families since they would be away for a week.

"Mads what about the bouquet toss?" Lizzie asked after Fred and George thanked her and gave her a hug.

"You, should keep it," Maddie smirked and sent George a wink, the younger twin gulping when he got the message before the newlyweds apparated back to their flat to grab their luggage and so that the blonde could change into a different dress to head to the airport.

AN: so i wanted to write the honeymoon apart 'cause it'll be smutty and i wanted to post the wedding this week not to leave you hanging but i won't be able to post more this week tho. hope you can understand and i also hoped you liked this part! tpwk <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 3.3K 104
Y/N l/n is about to start her fourth year at Hogwarts when she meets George and Fred Weasley. She's a Gryffindor like the twins, but their friendshi...
224K 4.9K 70
𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐒𝐄𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐃𝐎 𝐓𝐎 𝐌𝐄? 𝐈 𝐂𝐀𝐍'𝐓 𝐄𝐀𝐓, 𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏, 𝐎𝐑 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓. 𝐌𝐘 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐃...
50.9K 572 68
Mallorie Valentine and Fred Weasley had been best friends their whole lives. Their parents gone to school together so they had spent a lot of their c...
5.7M 152K 87
YOU MAKE MY HEART SHAKE, BEND, AND BREAK BUT I CAN'T TURN AWAY! aurora "rory" archer was a powerhouse. well, sort of. she was a fierce friend with a...