lxix

Triggering content, viewer discretion advised. 

After Ron, Harry and Hermione infiltrated the Ministry, security became tighter and Madeleine could tell that at least two of the corrupt aurors were following her everywhere and she was done with it. A month after it happened, she quit her job and let all the Minister, Umbridge and Yaxley know where they could shove it before gracefully leaving the Ministry like a free woman. She had now taken the job of helping Fred and George with the joke shop that was functioning via owl post and even though the glum moody that had settled in the wizarding world, she was happy of ridding herself of the Ministry.

Besides helping Fred and George, she would usually help Mrs Weasley around the house but the blonde didn't mind since she actually enjoyed being around Molly's motherly and loving aura. Charlie had returned to Romania two weeks after the wedding and with Ginny back at Hogwarts and Ron being off only Godric knew where, the house felt completely empty. Bill and Fleur had moved to a cottage that once belonged to one of the Weasleys' aunt in the outskirts of Tinwarth so the only inhabitants of the burrow were the twins, Madeleine, Mr and Mrs Weasley.

When everyone was asleep, Fred and Maddie would sneak out to help muggle-borns of all ages escape the country, after the news got out that they were sending them to Azkaban without even a trial by now. A new organization made up by the Ministry which in reality was made by Voldemort with the purpose of rounding up muggle-borns to either send to the Ministry where their imminent imprisonment would happen or kill them in cold blood.

October would not be kind to anyone but especially to both Madeleine and Fred, though they could not possibly know that yet. Nearly at the end of September, because of his blood status, Ted was forced to leave Andromeda and Tonks and go into hiding hence why the blonde decided to visit her aunt and cousin to keep them company.

Madeleine hadn't seen or communicated with any of them since the wedding but she was definitely not prepared to what she was to face after stepping into her aunt's cottage. "Hey aunt Dromeda," Maddie smiled and took a good look at her aunt. She looked skinnier than she had ever seen her, features sharper and eyes sunken but her kind nature was still there.

"Oh I'm so glad you're okay darling," Andromeda pulled her niece into a tight hug. "Nymphadora is in her bedroom if you want to go see her."

"I'll go in second, I just wanted to know how you were doing since uncle Ted left."

"I've been better, but with Dora I'm being kept busy lately. It's a full moon tonight so Remus left a couple of days ago to stay as far from here as he could."

"That's good I guess, I'm gonna go see her," she said softly and went to the messy room covered in posters she knew too well.

Tonks was lying on her bed with the muggle tv on, covered by blankets and laughing stupidly at something one of the characters had just said. "What are you watching?" Maddie leaned against the doorframe.

"Helga's left tit Madeleine! You scared the living shit out of me!" Dora jolted on the bed and grinned.

"Why does it look like you're on your death bed Nymphadora?" she cocked a brow and laid on the bed next to her cousin.

"Well," Tonks smiled and lifted the cover off of her, revealing a small bump that made Madeleine's throat dry out.

"You're pregnant?" she choked.

"Yes! Isn't that exciting!?" Dora exclaimed and did not pay attention to the shocked expression on the blonde's face.

"If you say so," Maddie fake smiled.

"Oh cheer up will you?" Dora huffed, "you're gonna have a niece or a nephew!"

"That does sound good considering that I'll be the cool aunt who get to spoil it," Maddie chuckled, "but if you ever ask me to change nappies I'll kill you in your sleep."