After The Run Away: Jason McC...

By BMcCann6

This is the third book to Don't Fall For The Criminal! It's been five years since Jason, Mackenzie, their chi... More

After The Run Away- Jason McCann - Chapter 1
Chapter 3 - I'm Never Leaving You
Chapter 4 - Not Normal
Chapter 5 - New York
Chapter 6 - We're Going Home
Chapter 7 - Trust Me
Chapter 8 - Am I Dreaming?
Chapter 9 - Just A Little Longer
Chapter 10 - Excuse After Excuse
Chapter 11 - The New Teacher
Chapter 12 - In The Club
Chapter 13 - Lies
Chapter 14 - This Is A Nightmare
Chapter 15 - Tell Me Everything
Chapter 16 - Don't Blame Yourself
Chapter 17 - Pictures
Chapter 18 - Please Remember Soon
Chapter 19 - Through The Motions
Chapter 20 - Dug Up Memories
Chapter 21 - You Remember?
Chapter 22 - Perfect Timing
Chapter 23 - Get Out
Chapter 24 - Please
Chapter 25 - I Just Need You
Chapter 26 - Merry Christmas
Chapter 27 - As I Am
Chapter 28 - New Years
Chapter 29 - No One Is To Blame
Chapter 30 - This Is Awful
Chapter 31 - Surprise
Chapter 32 - See You Again
Chapter 33 - I Never Believed Until Now
Chapter 34 - The Past
Chapter 35 - This Is Too Much
Chapter 36 - How Did We Not Know?
Chapter 37 - The Day
Chapter 38 - Valentines Day
Chapter 39 - Great News
Chapter 40 - Hello McCann
Chapter 41 - Ava
Chapter 42 - This Is Bullshit
Chapter 43 - Why Does Everyone Keep Saying That?
Chapter 44 - Cars And Art
Chapter 45 - Dream
Chapter 46 - The Big Day
Chapter 47 - Tell Me
Chapter 48 - Stressed And Worried
Chapter 49 - It's Fine, I'm Fine
Chapter 50 - Honesty
Chapter 51 - I Just Miss You
Chapter 52 - Three Days
Chapter 53 - I Need Him
Chapter 54 - Another Missed Appointment
Chapter 55 - What Now?
Chapter 56 - What's Wrong?
Chapter 57 - I Missed You
Chapter 58 - High
Chapter 59 - Its All Ours

Chapter 2 - Meet Me At Lacey Hotel

661 14 7
By BMcCann6

**Flashback Five Years Ago**

"This house really is beautiful" Gigi said as she grabbed the last two shopping bags from my trunk. We just went shopping for the house after being here for a week now.

"Isn't it? I love it so much. I know we are going to be happy here" I told her as I shut the trunk.

"You sure you can carry that much? I don't think that when you're pregnant you should do too much of that" Gigi asked and I laughed.

"I'm okay. I promise. Come on let's go inside" I said with a smile and we started to walk towards the house.

**End of Flashback**

As I walked up the path to my front door, I made sure Drew was careful as he ran in front of me to the door.

"Mommy there's a paper here" He said as he got onto the porch.

"A paper?" I asked him as I followed him onto the porch.

"Yeah right there" He said as I pointed to the welcome mat in front of the door. I saw a folded paper half under the mat. I picked it up then unlocked the door for Drew to run in since he has been patiently waiting to go home and play with his new water guns in the back yard.

I opened up the paper and saw it is hand written. It says 'meet me at Lacey Motel on 72 at 8pm or else I will reveal to the world the location of Jason McCann. don't say a word to anyone or else he's dead. room number 36'

I gasped and my eyes widened. I looked around the street and didn't see any car or anything. I quickly walked inside and locked the door.

What the fuck do I do? If this is a real threat, we could be in serious danger. I probably should tell someone, but what if I do and Jason actually winds up dead.

I'm going to deal with this myself. Whether it's dumb or not, I don't care. For the past five years, the guys have trained me to fight and kill like them. Although I've never killed anyone and I never ever want to, if I have to tonight, I will. I know what I'm doing. I'm not a scared weak little girl from Canada anymore. I'll fight for the ones I love. I'm going to this motel.

I shoved the note into my front jeans pocket and grabbed my phone from my bag. I dialed Gigi's number quickly.

"Hey girl" she answered.

"Hey, you making dinner tonight?" I asked her as I walked over to the back door. I saw Drew spraying his new water gun at everything.

"Yeah, what's up? Want to come?" She asked me.

"I was actually wondering if Drew can come over and have dinner with you guys. If that's not too much" I told her as I leaned against the door front and kept my eyes on Drew.

"Of course. Is everything okay?"

"Yeah everything's fine. I just would like to go on a drive by myself and just think. And I don't want to bother Jason and have him think something is wrong. Plus Drew just got these two water guns and maybe little Mia would want to play with him" I explained to her and she laughed.

"That's completely fine. Bring him over whenever" she said then we said goodbye and I went to my text with Jason.

_____
Me: hey Drew is having dinner at Hunters tonight. him and Mia are gonna have a little play date
_____

I hit send then put my phone in my back pocket.

"Honey!" I said getting his attention. He stopped running and looked up at me. "You're going to have dinner at Aunt Gigi's tonight, does that sound fun?" I asked him and he nodded quickly.

"Can I bring my water guns to play with Mia?" He asked causing me to smile.

"Of course you can" I said back and he gave me a smile. I hope everything goes fine tonight. I am praying.

***

I'm shaking so badly right now. I don't even know how I'm walking. I feel like I'm going to throw up. As I walked, I looked at every room number. I'm getting closer and closer.

33...34...35...36

I took deep breath as I stopped walking.

I don't know what I'm about to walk into. I don't know what to expect at all. The door was open a little. I reached for the handle then pulled my hand away quickly. I'm scared, but I can't be. I just have to do this. I reached for the handle and pushed the door open.

I quickly walked in and saw Jason sitting in a chair with his arms crossed and a pissed off look on his face.

"Jason? What-" I stopped talking and scoffed. "It was you" I mumbled and shook my head. He stood up quickly.

"How can you be so stupid to actually come?" He asked me pissed off.

"Why are you testing me like that? Do you understand what you had made me feel since I saw that? How terrified I was? The anxiety I had?!" I yelled at him. He really just pissed me off. He did too much. That wasn't okay to just test me.

"Because I wanted to see what you would do if something like this were to happen one day. You failed." He said shaking his head in disbelief.

"It's been five years, Jason. We have been safe for five years. Why would something happen now?" I asked and groaned. "Wow" I mumbled under my breath and crossed my arms.

"Just in case, Mackenzie" he said then took a few more steps towards me. "Why the hell wouldn't you have said something to me? Or to the other six people in our life!" He yelled at me.

"Never test me again" I said glaring at him then turned around. I'm leaving. This is ridiculous.

"Don't walk away while I'm talking to you! Why would you risk your life like that?" He continued to yell at me. I quickly turned around and he was already walking over to me. He stopped quickly. "Answer me! You drop our child off at Hunters then come here where you could have possibly died?!" He yelled again.

"Because I care about you! You know this! And I'm not stupid. I didn't come unprepared!" I yelled back and took the gun out of the inside pocket of my jacket and threw it on the bed. Then grabbed my pocket knife from my other pocket and threw it right next to the gun. "See!" I crossed my arms and just stared at him. I'm so angry right now.

"You could have died, are not understanding that?" He asked me still in a pissed off tone, but not yelling.

"Yes, I understand that, Jason. But I was going to protect this family. I was going to protect you-"

"I don't need protection! I protect this family like I have for the past five years and protected you for eight!" He yelled as he took a few steps closer to me. "You should have told me. What if this was real? Huh? What would you have done? Possibly get killed and leave your son to be without his mother?! God, how could you be so dumb-"

"Okay!" I yelled louder than him to shut him up. "I'm sorry, okay? I wasn't thinking. I panicked" I said in a lower tone so I wasn't yelling anymore. "I didn't want you to worry. I thought I would be good to handle it. I'm sorry" he just stood there breathing heavily. I watched his chest move up and down then his eyes just watching me. We didn't say a word as we just stood there staring at each other in silence. "Can you say something?" I quietly asked. It was worrying me that he was silent. It shows how mad he really is.

"If anything ever happens, you tell me. Just like you called to tell me about that dream you had, tell me real life shit too" he said back. I nodded. "I'm not going to lose you like that" he said quietly.

"I know" I said back in the same tone.

"I wouldn't be able to live if you died or if something happen to you and I could have prevented it." He said and I nodded again. He sighed as he put his hand on my face softly. He shook his head and shut his eyes before removing his hand. I stressed him out. I feel bad. "I love you, Angel" he said as he opened his eyes again.

"I love you too, Jason" I said back. His eyes traveled to my lips then back up at me. I have the urge to kiss him and I think he feels the same. Hopefully. Well, I would think so. I took one more step closer and put my hand on his chest. "Everything is fine though, right?" He nodded and didn't say a word. All the sudden, he grabbed my face into his hands and pressed his lips against mine. It felt so good and so right to be kissing him again. After all this time, the spark is still there. We pulled away and just stared into each others eyes. His hands dropped from my face and he took a step back.

"Go get our son. I'll meet you back home" he said then walked passed me out of the room. I just stood there kind of confused. All this happens and then he kisses me then leaves right away? I sighed and grabbed my stuff from the bed. At least I know now that we really are safe.

***

"You guys kissed?" Gigi asked me surprised.

"Yup" I answered. "We haven't talked about it and actually it's almost like it never happened" I told her as I sat down on the couch. I'm on the phone with her while she's on break at work. I told her about the kiss, but not what happened that day with the whole motel thing. I don't need another people to yell at me for being dumb.

"When was this?" She asked me.

"A few days ago. Maybe he didn't feel anything-" she cut me off.

"Hey don't jump to conclusions. You know how Jason is, maybe he knew it confused you and maybe now he doesn't know how to act with you. He is crazy about you and has been for seven years." She said making me feel a little better.

"You're right" I said then took a deep breath and leaned my head back on the couch.

"Listen I have to get back to work, my break is just about over, but I'll see you after school hours" she told me then we said goodbye and hung up. And as if on queue, the front door opened.

"Hello?" I called out.

"It's me" I heard Jason's voice. I looked over as I heard his footsteps getting closer. He walked in and nodded at me.

"Hey" I said quietly as I leaned my head back again. He took a deep breath as he sat down on the couch.

"I'm fucking tired" he mumbled as he slouched back and leaned his head back as well.

"Didn't sleep good?" I asked him and he shook his head.

"I had a lot in my mind." He told me as he looked me in the eyes. I felt myself get a little nervous. Sometimes looking him in the eyes brings back all the feelings for him.

"What was keeping you up?" I asked and he lifted up his head.

"You" he quietly said back. I nodded slowly. I can say the same for him because he's been all I could think about. "I was thinking about the other night at the motel. Like why you would risk possibly getting killed. Wondering maybe if you're even happy here with the life we bui-" I cut him off and sat up straight too.

"I am happy, Jason. Why you even think I wasn't?" I asked him. He shrugged.

"We aren't together anymore and things have been messy" he said then leaned back against the couch again.

"Well I'm still very happy. I will never regret the life we built there. I love you and our son with everything in me. I've loved everyone in the gang as well for the past eight years since I became close to everyone. I sacrificed my entire life back then. I sacrificed everything to come here and be with you. And I'm still happy five years later. I made a mistake going to the motel, okay? I know that. But I wasn't thinking. I just wanted to help" I told him then I sighed and looked away as I crossed my arms and leaned back against the couch.

At the corner of my eye, I saw him stand up. I kind of hope he's not leaving. Then I felt him sit next to me so I looked over at him and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"Come here" he said as he leaned against the couch getting comfortable. I laid my head on his chest and just stared out the back windows. He kept his arm wrapped around me. We haven't been like this in a long time. I missed this so much. "I hope you know how much I appreciate you and love you." He said quietly.

"I do" I said back in the same tone.

"There's something I actually wanted to talk to you about" I heard him say. I picked up my head and looked at him.

"What is it?" I asked him. He opened his mouth to talk, but then his phone started to ring. He pulled it out of his pocket and I looked over to see it's Johnson calling him.

"Hey man" he answered so I put my head back down on Jason's chest. "Tonight?" He asked confused. "But are we even prepared for that?" Oh god I hope it's not a stupid mission. "Fuck. Alright. I'll see you soon then" he said then hung up.

"You have to go, don't you?" I asked him and I felt him take a deep breath.

"Yeah" he said so I lifted my head again. "We have to go take care of something. I don't know what time I'll be back, but it shouldn't be late." He told me then softly kissed my cheek.

"You're coming back here?" I asked as he stood up. He nodded.

"I'm moving back in" he said as he grabbed his car keys from the spot he was sitting in before. I started to smile a bit.

"Be safe please" he looked back and smirked.

"Always am" he said then walked out. I kept my smile as I laid my head on the couch. I know I want to get back with him. A hundred percent.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2K 122 35
I want that girl. I know its not good for me but I do. I know that if i keep her around to long, than things are gonna come up.... Bad things that I...
717K 11.9K 74
'This is 911, what's your emergency?' 'I-I've been kidnapped, ple-please help me, he's g-gonna be back soon-' 'Who?' 'J-Ja-Snn M-McK-aii-an' 'Sorry M...
9.2K 292 37
COMPLETED Arabella Bourdelle always thought she was an average 20 year old girl, but one night, everything changed. When a gang comes to her house, s...
STOLEN By Emgie

Fanfiction

106K 3.8K 49
FIND THE SEQUEL, GONE, HERE: https://my.w.tt/cT2POG3u0K Jason McCann is a local criminal in Oakland, Maryland. Chelsea Hall is the daughter of the Ch...