The Wrong Twin

By artxiem

Evelyn Potter was the girl-who-lived, or so they thought. Harry was the true boy-who-lived, who beat Voldemor... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
author's note

50

10.7K 290 77
By artxiem

<3rd POV>

The week after the start of Hogwarts was going by normally. Normally. Well, as normal as you can ever expect and get in Hogwarts. 

There was a definite buzz in the Slytherin's 4th year on a Friday morning. They were much more noisier than usual, but the noise still cannot compete with the Gryffindor or the Hufflepuff table.

Maybe it was because Friday was their first DADA class without Sirius and Remus. The Slytherins were definitely upset with the change, but after hearing rumors about the rise of Tom Riddle, they were pleased.

On the other hand, Umbridge seemed like a complete idiot. Considering the way she dresses (all pink and frills), the fact that she was from the ministry (Sirius had sent a letter about her background), and the way she stared at Evelyn Potter like she was the queen of the world.

Even the god damn classroom was pink. Harry couldn't help but cringe at the sudden blast of pink that erupted in front of him as he opened the door to the DADA classroom.

"Eugh, who throwed up here?" Daphne looked disgusted at the table filled with pink frills. The classroom was just like Umbridge.

"Looks like a giant pink sparkly glittery elephant exploded here." Blaise commented, pushing past Harry to grab a seat at the back of the classroom. 

"How would you know that?" Draco teased, already knowing the answer.

The Weasley twins had sneaked into the Zabini's manor with the help of Draco and Harry. The four then started on a prank that would scare the living daylights out of Blaise. They transfigured a table into a pink sparkly glittery elephant. Harry then charmed the elephant using a charm he had founded in one of Rowena's intensive libraries. (Rowena had used that exact charm to prank Godric, who was being his usual loud self).

Blaise shuddered at the memory of spending nearly three hours to clean up the mess in his room after the elephant exploded.

The rest of them quickly entered the room, choosing the seats at the very back of the classroom, to get as far as away from the pink explosion.

"What'd you think Umbridge would teach us? I dont think she's better than Moody." Harry asked.

"But isn't Moody under Dumbledore?" Blaise piped up, asking the question that has been a rumor all around the Slytherin house. Many snakes thought that Mad-Eye was a spy for Dumbledore since James was no longer a teacher at Hogwarts. (the narcissistic adult- no, child- was now working in the ministry having a fancy long title, but Harry couldn't remember it).

"Most probably." Daphne leaned against the table, to reach under her table and grab the books from her bag that she had propped against the table leg. 

The door to the classroom opened with a bang as the rest of the students filtered in groups of 2s, 3s, and 4s. The class was taken with Gryffindors, even though it wasn't unexpected. Slytherins and Gryffindors had always taken DADA even since Hogwarts was started.

Harry remembered that Salazar and Godric were two amazing duelers, who would duel with one another any time of the day. It would always end up with a tie, with one of the remaining founders, mostly Helena, calling them to stop dueling after an hour or so.

He emerged from his thoughts just in time for Umbridge to enter the room, heels clicking on the cold stone floor.

click click click-

before it came to a sudden stop in front of the teacher's desk. 

Umbridge stood right in front of it, a nasal smile on her face, looking rather pleased at the order of the class, Gryffindor on one side, and Slytherin on the other. 

"Well good afternoon." she greeted with that horrible high pitch voice of her.

It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop.

The pink monster tutted before rapping her long nails against the wooden desk, "I said good afternoon." 

A few students mumbled after her. 

She opened her mouth, ready to give a long scolding on the proper way of greeting your elders, before closing it, when her eyes fell onto a certain student. 

Evelyn Potter sat on the very front of the class, a smug smile on her face, Weasley and Granger sitting next to Potter.

"Let's get onto business then. I am Professor Dolores Umbridge, and you can call me Prof. Umbridge. We will be following a carefully structured, theory-centred, Ministry-approved course of defensive magic this year. Do you all have your copies of Defensive Magical Theory by Wilbert Slinkhard?"

Murmurs of yes resounded across the room. 

"Good, take them out, and then we are going to turn to Page 5, Chapter 1 'Basics for Beginners, and there will be no need to talk." 

With that, Umbridge turned on her heels, and click clacked her way over to the back of her desk.

Harry stared at the book in disbelief. It was a simple black book, with the words Defensive Magic Theory written on the front with gold. 

"At least it isn't like Lockhart's." Harry heard Draco mumble to himself.

Potter was sitting in the front, engaging a conversation with Umbridge, most likely about how she's the savior of the world, and how everyone should kiss her shoes in respect.

(HEH anyone notice the reference in that? no? ok)

"No need to talk, yea right." Blaise whispered to them, as he notices the chattering noises.

Not even 5 minutes into the class, and it was already completely boring. Harry was starting to lose his concentration, spinning his wand around his hand. Draco was doodling words onto his book, Daphne was trying not to fall asleep. 

And Blaise... He had his hand raised above his head.

Now half of the class (mostly the Slytherins) were staring at Blaise instead of the book. 

Umbridge finally looked up from her conversation with the savior of the wizarding world. 

"Do you have something to say sir?" 

"I have a question about the book."

"Your name sir?" 

"Zabini. Blaise Zabini."

(another reference! anyone get it?)

"What is your question?" Umbridge asked.

"I had read the entire book, and I realized that none of the book talks about using Defensive Spells. The author only talks about the theory, and the uses. Are you going to teach us how to do these spells?" 

Umbridge looks taken abacked.

"Of course not! Why would I do that?"

"Isn't the whole point of Defense Classes about learning how to protect ourselves?" Harry questioned.

"Excuse me sir, but your hand is not up." 

Harry groaned innerly, raising his hand in the head.

"Yes sir? Name please."

"Harry Lupin-Black." 

Dolores curled her lips into a sneer at the last name.

"You must be the werewolves' son then." 

Daphne's hand found Harry's under the table and squezed it tight. 

"Yes, my dad is a werewolf. Back to my question, isn't the whole point of this class learning how to protect ourselves?"

"Not exactly, because who would attack children?" 

"Look professor. There are a lot of things who would attack children." 

"Now can you name some of them?" 

"Dark Artifacts, how about that gigantic basilisk that has been terrorizing our school back in our 2nd year?" Draco cut in, unable to deal with the utter idiocy of their teacher.

Dolores stared in shock, her mouth hanging wide open.

"That's it Malfoy. Detention for you tomorrow."

"But professor he didn't do anything!" Harry protested.

"Very well, how about Mr. Lupin-Black take over Mr. Malfoy's detention?" 

Draco turned to see Harry, shaking his head vigorously.

"I do not believe that the Ministry would be happy to know that one of it's employee's are abusing their power." Harry taunted.

"Actually, Professor Umbridge is not just an employee. She is the Senior Undersecretary to the Minister for Magic." Potter rebutted, standing up from her seat.

"Thank you Miss. Potter, 5 points to Gryffindor." 

Groans from the Slytherin side erupted loudly.

"Now Mr. Lupin-Black, detention for a week for you." 

Daphne protested before the cheers from the Gryffindor sides started.

"Class dismissed." Dolores said, walking out of the class as soon as the bell rang.

"That toad is horrible. You shouldn't let her walk over you like that." Blaise complained.

"I'm not. I'm definitely not. Just wait and see." Harry answered vaguely, leaving the room as quick as possible. He would rather die than spend another minute necessary in that hell. 

A/N: hehe im back. i'll be definitely updating less than usual since schools starting again. maybe once in 2 weeks im thinking. but i cant be so sure because im taking igcse this year. so yeah bye for now!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 36.6K 64
In 2nd year Tom Riddle and Harry Potter met through the T.M.R's diary-A horcrux. Showing Harry memories from his future self's memory he found out wh...
739K 16.7K 64
Thomas potter is the "Boy-Who-Lived." His fame and future named by the beloved wizard of the light, Albus Dumbledore. But what happens if he made a...
28.9K 734 20
Harry Potter is the boy who lived, but he is not seen as someone powerful like Dumbledore or Voldemort. But what if he was powerful? What if he was o...
11.9K 237 7
Harry Potter son of Jameson and Lily Potter. Harry is the older brother Emmett Potter the 'wrongly' declared boy who lived. The night Voldemort attac...