Naruto's Prophesied Princess...

Autorstwa springlover7

I'm secretly the heir to both the Senju and Uchiha clans. A three-part prophecy was placed on me: 1. I'm to u... Więcej

Natalia Uchiha Senju's Profile
!!!Important Before You Read!!!
Ch 1- I'm Back;)
Ch 2- Sasuke and I's Reunion/Will We..?
Ch 3- Ninja Registrations! Konohamaru & Naruto!
Ch 4- Introducing Team 7!!!
Ch 6- Kakashi's Kiss with a Spy
Ch 7- A Date with Sasuke?!
Ch 8- A Dangerous Mission! Journey to the Land of Waves!
Ch 9- Encountering Zabuza and Sasuke got a WHAT from me?!
Ch 10- My Decision and The Forest of Chakra
Ch 11- The Tragedy of a Hero and a Victim
Ch 12- We're Finally Official and Kakashi Gives Us "The Talk"!
Ch 13- New Friendship, Jealous Sasuke, and the Battle's Approach
Ch 14- The Battle on the Bridge | Sasuke's Worst Nightmare
Ch 15- A Shinobi's Resolve | Goodbye Zabuza, Haku, and the Land of Waves
Ch 16- Anbu Black Ops and Overprotective Sasuke
Ch 17- Secrets Revealed | Sasuke & Naruto Pee Together and KISS!
Ch 18- Sasuke Gives Me the Most Precious Gift
Ch 19- The Sand Siblings' Arrival and the Chunin Exams!
Ch 20- The Chunin Exams Begin! Kabuto Interrogation, & Nakano's Secrets
Ch 21- The Forest of Death: Akio's Legacy vs Orochimaru
Ch 22- Orochimaru's Gift and the Sound Ninja!

Ch 5-Pass or Fail: Survival Test!

732 26 1
Autorstwa springlover7

(Natalia's POV continued)

After telling us that I wasn't going to be participating in the bell test, my suspicious father said, "I'll explain the reason to you once I'm done explaining the task." I nodded in semi-understanding.

He clarified what the task was to my team, "it's a survival exercise."

Naruto questioned it, "huh? Survival exercise?"

"I thought we were supposed to have a real mission, not more practice. We already did this stuff at the academy. That's how we got here." Sakura informed him.

"This is not like your previous training." Kakashi replied.

"So, uh... So, uh, what kind of training is it then?" Naruto asked, beginning to grow nervous.

Kakashi then started sadistically laughing, which made me do the same, but more subtly and in a way that didn't make me look like a maniac.

Naruto and Sakura snapped their heads between the two of us with very creeped out and confused expressions. Sasuke just waited for an explanation, since he was used to my sadism as a kid.

Sakura grew suspicious, "Hey, hold on. That's a normal question. What's so funny?"

"Heh, well if I tell you the answer, you're not going to like it~" He chuckled again but then grew serious out of nowhere, "of the 27 graduates who just came here, not including Natalia, only nine will actually be accepted as Genin. The other 18 will be weeded out and sent back to the academy. In other words, this is a make or break it, pass/fail test, and the chance that you'll fail is at least 66%." This completely shocked them. "See? Didn't I tell you you wouldn't like it?"

"That's crazy!!" Naruto exclaimed, "we worked hard to get here. Believe it! What was that graduation test for anyway?"

"Oh, that. That was just to select candidates who might become Genin..or not. That's how it is. I decide whether you pass or fail." Kakashi then looked at me, "now I'll explain why you won't be participating." I nodded and paid attention along with my teammates.

"First of all, you aren't required to partake in this test, since the only reason you're a Genin is so you can advance to the next ranks naturally, instead of immediately like you should at your skill level, which you obviously know why. Second, because of your skill level, I already know you'll pass this test easily, so it wouldn't be fair to your teammates. Third, you know too much about this test already, and I don't want you helping them...they have to figure it out on their own."

"I wasn't going to tell them anything." I told him, making him raise a brow at me and everyone else grow even more confused. "Okay maybe I was going to help out a bit and steer them in the right direction, BUT, I would have let them figure it out on their own anyway."

He shook his head, "it doesn't matter. Besides, I have other plans for you, which I'll discuss with you after you take your IQ test with Shikaku." I sighed and finally nodded in understanding.

Sakura then muttered, "I'm so confused."

"Me too." Naruto added, "I don't get it. If you're stronger, then why didn't you become a Genin before?"

I glanced at Kakashi and sighed. He nodded saying it was okay for me to explain a bit.

I turned back to Sakura and Naruto, "look, it has to do with why I can't tell you who I am. If people find out, it will put my life and possibly the entire village in danger." Their brows furrowed in puzzlement. "I have special abilities that certain rogue ninjas would want to abduct me for and figure out how to use for their own benefit. If they do figure that out, the village--actually no, the entire shinobi world could perish." Their eyes widened immensely. And I wasn't lying.. I still have to figure out exactly how Obito wants to use me. "To keep my identity even more on the low, the Hokage said he needed me to rank up at the same rate as any other person my age would. That's why I'm not at the rank I'm supposed to be at yet, and instead have to wait longer with a regular Genin squad, so I don't attract any attention from other villages." I finished and let out a breath, as I was already tired of explaining.

"I'm kinda nervous to ask...but.." Sakura started. "What rank are you supposed to be?"

Kakashi answered for me, "Jonin, like me." Her jaw dropped, along with Naruto's.

Naruto then muttered, "I knew you were cool, but.." He then jumped up, "now you're even more awesome!!" I laughed at his antics.

"Thanks, Naruto."

He said you're welcome and then his excitement died down as he decided to ask me, "is it really that much of a risk to your life if people find out who you are?"

I bit the inside of my cheek and looked down.

Kakashi answered for me again, "it is. She has to be careful who to tell, whenever she decides to." He turned to me, "Natalia, you should get going now and take that IQ test before they grow impatient with you."

"Impatient?" I repeated, "am I supposed to be there at a specific time?"

He nodded, "yeah, about 10 minutes ago."

My eyes practically bulged out of my head, "WHAT?! Why didn't you tell me?!"

He shrugged, "I forgot." I sweatdropped.

"Okay, bye guys I'll see you tomorrow." They all waved goodbye and I body flickered away.

(Third POV)

After Natalia left, Kakashi felt the need to further explain to his new students about Natalia.

"She didn't mention this, but the night she was born, a very powerful man tried to abduct her for her power." Sakura and Naruto were both taken aback by this new information. "I didn't want to tell you this in front of her, because it's a sensitive subject, but because that man was trying to abduct her, her biological father protected her, losing his life in the process." The two frowned. "That same night, she was sent away to live in a far away place away from her mother for the first six years of her life. It was decided by a prophet who prophesied that she'd be at great risk if she were to live in this world as a child. She wasn't lying when she said there's a lot of rogues who'd come after her just in pursuit of power, and not only them, but bounty hunters too. They'd realize how much money she'd be worth from her bloodline abilities and who she's related to and would do anything to kill her. That includes attacking the village to get to her." Their eyes widened.

Sasuke felt his blood boil as he listened. He knew that man was still out there wanting to take her power the moment he'd find out she was alive. There were too many strong and dangerous individuals to protect Natalia from. It's why he needed to grow even stronger. He needed that power to protect her and kill Itachi. He assumed Itachi would try to hurt her again as well, since the last time he saw him, he spoke about wanting more power. And one way he could obtain it: through Natalia. Sasuke was not going to let that happen.

"Is that why she wants to help everyone with medical ninjutsu?" Sakura questioned. "Since she can't use her bloodline abilities that'd expose her identity?"

Kakashi nodded, "that's exactly why."

Sakura began to feel guilty for the way she was treating Natalia. She had no idea her life was so difficult. But she couldn't help it, Natalia infuriated her. All she wanted was to be recognized and loved by Sasuke, but Natalia was standing in her way and seemed to be getting exactly what she wanted. She would never admit it, but she was always jealous of her, even as kids. She was always prettier, more mature, loved by everyone, how could she compare to that? Of course Sasuke would want her, who wouldn't? Sakura hated the way Natalia made her feel so inferior without even trying. But because of this new information, she was going to try to be nicer. Try, being the operative word...

"Kakashi Sensei?" Naruto looked up at him.

"Hm?"

"What else? I mean, what else has she gone through? I can tell there's other stuff that has hurt her...I don't really get how, but I can."

Sasuke's fists subconsciously clenched, as memories of what he and Natalia went through as mere children flooded his mind.

Kakashi sighed, "a lot more. But it's not my place to tell you about them. She'll tell you when she's ready. Just know.. that her biological father isn't the only one who's missing in her life. You already know that each of her clans are gone, so she doesn't have any biological relatives besides her mother left. It's why she tends to build such strong connections with people she's not related to and treats them as her family. It's actually what the Hokage loves about her. Though she doesn't know that, so don't say anything about that." He chuckled, trying to lighten up the mood.

Sakura and Naruto nodded with half smiles in response.

Naruto didn't know how to take in all of this information about Natalia. She was the first person to truly accept and actually like him. She was his first best friend... He mentally swore to never leave her side and always help and protect her no matter what.

"Alright, you all need to prepare for tomorrow's test." Kakashi then stood up straight, not leaning against the railing anymore, "be at the designated training spot at 5:00 a.m., and bring your ninja gear."

In Naruto's mind: 'Well, I'm not going to be weeded out. People are going to look up to me someday. And if I become a Genin and get stronger, maybe I can help protect Natalia.. I've got to pass this test. Believe it. Believe it.'

In Sakura's mind: 'If I fail, I'll be separated from Sasuke. Then Natalia will have him all to herself! This is a trial of love.'

In Sasuke's mind: 'I need to protect her. I need my revenge. I will pass this test.'

Kakashi waved to them, "that's it. You're dismissed. And Sasuke? We'll have to have that talk some other time." He turned to them again, "Oh, tomorrow you all better skip breakfast, or else...you'll puke."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Natalia's POV the next morning)

Upon waking up and opening my eyes, tears instantly trailed down my cheeks as I remembered what I dreamt. I threw my comforter over my head and held my face in my hands, letting out the tears that I knew needed to leave my system.

This is how I'd wake up whenever I had a nightmare...and this was the first time in about a month that I even had one. I knew it was because I was back in the village and the memories were constantly flooding back, but did it really have to be so painful? I hated waking up like this. It was so depressing. You'd think I'd have grown used to them by now, but nope. You just can't get used to watching the people you love die.

Even if I woke up horribly, I never let it ruin my day. After I finish letting it out or suppressing the tears depending on the day, I get up and start my morning as if nothing traumatized me.

But today, that didn't exactly go as planned, as Kakashi walked into my room to wake me up at the worst moment possible.

"Natalia, wake up, it's--" He quickened his pace towards me and knelt down beside my bed. "Natalia, what's wrong?" he asked, rubbing the side of my arm over the covers.

I sniffled, "it's nothing, it was just a nightmare. I-I'll be fine.. just give me a couple minutes."

Instead of leaving or remaining in the same position, he sat on my bed next to me, removed the covers from my face and gave me a kiss on the forehead, "you don't have to go through these things alone. I told you before that I'd always be here for you, didn't I? Now come here." He pulled me into his arms and held me.

With my head against his chest, I let out the rest of my tears and after a few minutes, I felt fine enough to start getting ready.

"I'm okay now, Dad. Thank you. I need to get ready."

"You should eat first. I'm pretty sure the food's almost cold."

I lifted my head, "what food?"

He pointed at a bag beside my door, "I bought some breakfast for us at that tea house we went to a couple days ago. I figured we should eat before the bell test."

I raised a brow, "what, just to rub it in their faces that we got to eat, unlike them?"

"Exactly." He smiled.

I sweatdropped.

I then glanced at the clock and turned back to Kakashi, giving him a flat look.

"What?"

"You were supposed to wake me up at 4:30."

He shrugged, "being a little late never hurt anyone."

My flat look remained, "a little? It's 7:00 o'clock."

He sighed, "I wanted to let you sleep in and you already know I don't exactly tend to arrive on time to...well, anywhere."

I giggled, "yea, I know." I then shrugged, not caring anymore about being late, "but okay, let's eat!"

We got up and went to the kitchen to eat our breakfast.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Approaching the training grounds, Kakashi and I stopped behind a tree.

"Okay, remember: if they all disperse, I'll handle Sasuke and you handle the other two. Use genjutsu on Sakura and do whatever with Naruto, I honestly don't care. And if either tries to eat, tie them up." Kakashi instructed.

I nodded, "got it."

"Good. Now transform into me."

I made the hand sign, "transform!"

*Poof*, every small detail down to the beauty mark beneath the mask, was flawless.

Kakashi gave a nod, "nice work. Let's go."

As Kakashi walked to the team, I went around them and hid in a tree to wait for the test to begin.

Now, let me briefly explain what I was doing: basically, I was going to do everything Kakashi did in the anime instead of him. He apparently wanted the extra time to deal with Sasuke on his own, which obviously meant he finally wanted to have that "talk" with him... Sigh.

Sitting bored in the tree, I merely watched the entire scene play out before me.

"Morning, everyone." Kakashi greeted the fresh Genin. "Ready for your first day?"

Sakura and Naruto both angrily exclaimed, "HEY! YOU'RE LATE!"

Kakashi being Kakashi, fed them his excuse, "well, a black cat crossed my path, so I had to take the long way." The two just growled in response. "Well," he cleared his throat, "let's get started." He then placed an alarm clock on top of a wooden post, "here we go. It's set for noon." He took out the infamous bells making them jingle, "your assignment is very simple. You just have to take these bells from me. That's all there is to it... If you can't get 'em by noon, you go without lunch." This made Naruto scream. "You'll be tied to those posts, and you'll watch while I eat my lunch in front of you."

All of their stomachs growled, making me quietly snicker.

"Wait a minute!" Sakura of course needed to ask a question, though this one was actually valid for once, "There's three of us. How come there's only two bells?"

'To separate you, duhhh.'

Kakashi gave a closed eye smile, "heh, well, that way, at least one of you will end up tied to a post and ultimately disqualified for failing to complete the mission. That one goes back to the academy. Then again, all three of you could flunk out, too. You can use any weapon, including shuriken. If you're not prepared to kill me, you won't be able to take the bells."

Sakura, being a chicken, pointed out, "Those weapons are too dangerous, Sensei!"

Naruto laughed, "especially since you couldn't even dodge that eraser."

"Class clowns are usually the weakest links. You can safely ignore them--lowest scores, losers." Kakashi asserted, making Naruto growl. "When I say start, you can begin."

Naruto, being the impatient number one knucklehead ninja, whipped out a kunai and launched himself at Kakashi.

Kakashi easily flashed behind him. He held Naruto by the head with one hand and grabbed Naruto's wrist with the other, holding the kunai at the back of his neck.

The three genin gasped, as they weren't expecting Kakashi to be this good.

Still holding Naruto, Kakashi said, "don't be in such a hurry. I didn't say start yet." Blondie tried getting out of his grasp but couldn't, and after a few more moments, Kakashi let him go while Sakura and Sasuke took a step back from him.

Kakashi then added, "But you came at me with the full intention of destroying me, so... How can I say this? I'm actually starting to like you guys." He grew serious again, "get ready... and... start!"

And the three of them went their separate ways into the trees/bushes.

Well... all except one: Naruto Uzumaki.

I merely rolled my eyes and decided to take out my book, "Makeout Violence", and read instead of watching this loudmouth -that I still loved as my little brother- get his butt kicked.

My godfather, Jiraiya, barely released this book in his series a couple months ago. Whenever we weren't training, he'd have me help him out with writing some of the scenes in it. It was after he realized that I had a certain weakness when it came to being a tad too hormonal for my age, which he actually thought was hilarious because apparently Akio used to be EXTREMELY pervy...more than Jiraiya. Yea, crazy, I know! Who knew someone could be worse than the Pervy Sage?!

But anyway, I didn't help much with the sex scenes or anything like that, I'd just read them and give my input (no, my mom wasn't aware of this). I mainly helped write the parts where the main female character had to be aggressive toward her lover, because I lived with the actual woman she was based off of: my mom. Jiraiya already had enough experience with my mom's violence, but he wanted me to add some of her more recent quirks into the character.

He gave me -actually, he made me pay for- a second copy to give to Kakashi, but I kept forgetting to give it to him.

Conveniently, Kakashi jumped onto the branch beside me once I remembered that. I knew he had just used the substitution jutsu on Naruto, making the latter punch himself instead of Kakashi.

His eye widened IMMENSELY when he laid eyes on what I was reading. He then started kinda tweaking out, probably not knowing whether to be excited or furious with the fact that I wasn't reading an "age-appropriate" book.

I sighed and took out the second copy I had from my pouch, "here. I bought a second copy from Jiraiya for you."

He shakily took it from my hand, still not knowing how to react, "um, *clears throat* thank you...I'll be speaking about this with you later." and with that, he left to lecture Naruto about falling for obvious traps.

Shortly after, he came back saying, "at least Sasuke's doing a decent job so far."

"He just threw shuriken and kunai at you, didn't he?"

He nodded, "yup, and now it's time for you to get to work."

I nodded, put away my book, and then we went our separate ways to complete our own tasks.

'Let's do this.'

(Third POV)

As Sasuke bolted from tree to tree, desperately trying not to be found, Kakashi spotted him easily, 'so that's where he is'.

Sakura was on the other side of the forest, running as well, wondering, 'Sasuke, where did you go? Don't tell me Kakashi Sensei found you. No, he can't capture my Sasuke. I won't let him--" A tall gray haired figure emerging in her sight, broke her out of her thoughts and made her stop in her tracks abruptly.

'Whew, he didn't hear me. I'm safe.' She assumed. Little did she know, it was actually the girl she hated the most in disguise.

Natalia smirked as she approached her from behind, since what she was seeing was a mere clone, 'oh, this is hilarious...' She decided to do exactly what Kakashi did in the anime.

She whispered to her, "Sakura, behind you."

"Huh?" Sakura turned around to "Kakashi" and instantly screamed.

Natalia resisted the urge to cover her ears and make a rude remark about how annoying and loud she was, and instead, started her task.

She made the hands signs snake and rat, made eye contact with her victim, Sakura, and casted, 'Demonic Illusion: Death Mirage Jutsu'.

Sakura instantly fell under, thinking "Kakashi" just disappeared in a swirl of leaves. Natalia just enjoyed the show by watching her freak out.

Sakura blinked, "oh my." she then started frantically turning her head, "huh? Uh, someone there? Uh, ah! I think I felt something. What was it?" She practically started pulling out her hair, "Uh, ah! What's going on?"

Knowing Sakura couldn't hear her, Natalia let out a full-blown laugh as her sadistic side came out, "ohh, this is so much more entertaining than I thought it'd be."

Sakura then "heard" Sasuke's voice from behind her, painfully saying, "Sakura".

She quickly turned around all giddy, "Sasuke!" But when she laid eyes on him her demeanor instantly died down as she saw him suffering, bleeding out from multiple shuriken and kunai lodged into every part of his body. He was begging for her help, causing her anxiety to grow even further.

Reaching her tipping point, she whimpered and started crying from her greatest fear of losing Sasuke. She then finally broke, letting out an ear-piercing scream that could be heard from miles away, which made Natalia grunt in annoyance.

'For literally what reason, does she have to be so loud?!' Natalia mentally asked no one in particular, completely done with this girl already. She then left the scene after Sakura fainted from her fear, and went to Naruto.

(Sasuke and Kakashi a few minutes beforehand...)

"For the last time, Kakashi, I wouldn't do that!" Sasuke tried to convince Kakashi that he wouldn't take advantage of Natalia, but Kakashi just couldn't come to believe him.

"Sasuke, I will say it one more time, I know how a teenage boy's mind works. And you just proved it yesterday, by implying that you want to have sex with her to restore your clan!"

Sasuke couldn't suppress a blush from this, "I obviously meant in the future!"

"That doesn't mean you won't want to start engaging in sexual acts now, or if you'll practice for the 'future'." Kakashi put air quotes around the word "future".

Sasuke flailed his arms around, "I don't even know HOW!"

Kakashi scoffed, "like that excuse is going to work. Trust me kid, when the opportunity arises, and I mean that literally, you won't be able to control your hormones. It won't matter if you know how or not." He then deeply sighed, "Natalia's a beautiful girl and I know you see that, which is why you'll want to do certain..things with her. I will not trust a single boy, no matter what, to be alone with her and take advantage of her body."

Sasuke rubbed his temples, "Ugh, look, I would never take advantage of her body like that. Yes, I think she's beautiful, and yes, I want to restore my clan with her, but I would never hurt her or make her do anything she wouldn't want to do. I can control myself, Kakashi. I'm not just some guy who's infatuated with her for her looks, I actually care about her. I always have and you know that."

Kakashi let out another sigh. He was actually beginning to loosen up to the idea that Sasuke may actually be telling the truth, but he needed to know for sure that he could trust him.

He decided to ask him, "then tell me exactly why you care so much about her and how you feel about her. Depending on your answer, I'll decide whether or not I think you're worthy."

As Sasuke gathered his thoughts and words, he sighed as well, "okay, fine, I'll tell you. But..can you keep this between us?" Kakashi nodded. "Okay. Natalia...she's just someone who...I know will always be there for me. She already was in the past when everything happened and she experienced the same pain I went through, and actually understands me from it. She cares about me and somehow makes me feel less...alone. Because of that, I never want to lose her. I think of her as the only family I have left and I won't let anyone take that from me. That's why I care so much about her."

Sasuke realized those weren't even half of the reasons why he cared so much for her, but he wasn't going to list everything off for Kakashi, since that'd take ages.

Kakashi, on the other hand, thought these reasons were more than enough to prove he really did care for his daughter. He knew Sasuke would never have said that stuff out loud unless he truly meant it and felt the need to.

"Okay, and how do you feel about her?" Kakashi reiterated.

"Didn't I basically just tell you that?"

He shook his head, "that's not what I mean and you know it. How do you feel about Natalia?"

Sasuke gulped as he prepared to finally say it out loud, "I lo--"

"AAAAAAHHHH" They suddenly heard Sakura's scream, making the two's heads snap towards the direction of her incredibly loud scream.

'Hm? Sounded like, Sakura?' Sasuke then realized, 'genjutsu. It's just simple mind control. I'm not surprised he caught Sakura with it, but..if he's been here with me, then... how?' He turned back to Kakashi suspiciously.

Kakashi closed eye smiled, "that's right, I forgot to mention: I have a certain someone helping me on this test."

He then thought, 'I can't believe he was really about to say it...I guess I could let him..'

Sasuke's eyes widened, "she's been here the whole time?"

Nodding, Kakashi answered, "yes. She's disguised as me and is testing Sakura and Naruto while I deal with you." He then got in a fighting stance, "I think I've heard enough, why don't we get started on the actual test? Maybe if you get a bell I'll steer more towards letting you see her..."

Sasuke grunted, "but you said--"

"I know what I said." Kakashi interrupted. "Who knows, maybe I already made my decision, but I still need to see if you can get one of these bells. So? You think you can get one?"

Sasuke finally got in a fighting stance and grew serious, readying himself for battle. He then shot shuriken at a trap behind Kakashi, and their battle began.

(Natalia's POV)

I was only a couple feet away from Naruto as I watched him laugh with himself, thinking he could get away with stealing the lunches for himself.

"Sensei told us that if we don't get a bell, then we don't get any lunch. But if I eat my lunch now, then there's nothing he could do." He clasped his hands together, "It's chow time~!"

"Hi there." I appeared behind him, on top of the KIA stone, practically scaring the poor boy to death.

"AAHHH!..Uh, I was just joking, Sensei." He lied.

"Nice try." I gave him a closed eye smile and knocked him out.

I dragged his body, which was oddly heavy -probably from all that ramen- to the wooden post. Once I finished tying him up on it, I shook him awake.

As his eyes fluttered open, he mumbled, "what happened." His eyes suddenly widened as he saw "Kakashi" and realized he couldn't move, "h-hey! What's the meaning of this?! Why am I tied up?!"

"Because Naruto, you cheated. You know it was against the rules to eat lunch before the test ended. Now you're facing the consequences."

"But! But!--"

"But nothing." I acted all stern like Kakashi, "you are to remain tied up to this post, until your teammates get here at the end of the test. Which should be right about.....now." The bell finally rang, as time was up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Uh oh, stomachs growling, huh? That's too bad." Kakashi mocked them beside me, after we finished explaining my part in the bell test and I finally transformed back into myself. I was happy to finally be pretty again.

Sakura was absolutely PISSED when she found out. Kakashi told her that he would have used the same genjutsu on her if I didn't anyway, which just frustrated her even further because she obviously just wanted an excuse to yell at me with that extremely annoying and screechy voice of hers. Naruto on the other hand, was just mad at me for tying him up, and Kakashi had to tell him that he actually told me to. That actually instantly made him brighten up and forgive me, which I thought was adorable.

Sasuke apparently already knew because Kakashi told him. For some reason, he looked a lot more down and kinda angrier than I remembered from the anime. He couldn't even maintain eye contact with me, which confused me even further.

'I don't think that talk with Kakashi went very well..' I added up.

Kakashi went on, "oh, by the way, about this exercise? Well, I've decided I won't send any of you back to the academy."

"AHH" Naruto yelled out in glee.

Sakura's brows shot up, "what? I passed? All I did was faint and fall over. Do you get points for that?" What a dumba--

"Hm" Sasuke actually looked somewhat pleased, but I knew it wouldn't last..

Sakura started jumping up in joy, "yay!"

Then there was Naruto who was kicking his feet up in joy, "then--then that means all three of us, I mean all three of us?"

'Oh no.'

Kakashi gave them a fake closed eye smile, "yes. All three of you are being dropped from the program." Their happiness died. "Permanently."

They all grunted in frustration.

"Drop us from the program?!" Naruto asked incredulously. "That means we can never become ninja! You said if we couldn't take the bells, we'd be sent back to the academy." His entire body was flailing around in anger, as if trying to release himself from the posts, "You can't just change your mind and kick us out! Why would you do that?!"

Calmly resting his hands on his hips, Kakashi answered with, "because you don't think like ninja. You think like little kids, like brats."

Not able to accept this, Sasuke shot forward at Kakashi, attempting an attack. Kakashi was too slick, however, and instantly pinned Sasuke down on the ground, locking his arm behind his back, and sitting on him.

Kakashi added to his previous statement, "you think it's all about you." Sasuke just grunted.

"LET GO OF SASUKE!! YOU CAN'T STEP ON HIM LIKE HE'S A BUG!"

"And there goes my eardrums.." I muttered, holding my ears in pain from Sakura's high-pitched shout.

Kakashi began his lecture, growing frustrated with the group, "you don't know what it means to be a ninja. You think it's a game, huh? Why do you think we put you on squads? Did you consider that question for one moment?"

"Uh, I don't know what you mean?"

'Of course you don't, Sakura.'

"I mean, you never realized what this exercise is all about. Not even close." Kakashi clarified.

"What it's about?" Naruto questioned.

I answered this time, wanting to jump in, "Yes, that's what determines whether you pass or fail."

Sakura tried to defend herself, "But that's... I mean, I wanted to ask Sensei about that from the beginning."

"Tsk. Use your head." Kakashi stated.

"She doesn't know how to." I accidentally blurted and Sakura glared at me. "Sorry, I actually didn't mean to say that out loud.." She rolled her eyes in response.

"That's a little unfair coming from you." Kakashi raised a brow at me.

I waved my hand in front of my neck, telling him not to say it, but Naruto had to question it.

"Huh? Why is it unfair?"

I sighed deeply.

Kakashi fakely waved it off, "Oh, it's nothing much, really. She just finally found out what her IQ is, and let's just say...it's definitely above average."

Yeah...I tried to get out of taking the test again, but Shikaku practically pinned me down on a seat and threatened not to let me access their research ever again.....sooo, I decided to obey and take the stupid test. I was seriously not expecting the result I got..

Sakura raised a brow, "how much above average?" I averted my eyes.

Kakashi chuckled, "one...ninety." All of their eyes bulged out of their heads, and that included Sasuke who was still pinned on the ground.

I told you, crazy result. Only ten less than Shikamaru... But somehow, Shikaku wasn't very surprised. He apparently estimated that I was at about 185 when I was younger. Like, what the heck? I didn't understand how it was possible for my IQ to be so high, especially when I thought people just assumed I was smart from my special knowledge(TBK). The world is filled with bizzare and unexplainable things..

I sheepishly scratched the back of my head, "yea, I know it's a little high, but can we talk about that later? Just continue on with the lecture, Dad."

Sighing, Kakashi nodded and turned back to the three failures, "three people on a squad. Why do you think we would do that?"

Naruto's brain was clearly beginning to hurt, "aah! How are we supposed to know why you picked three people?! We didn't make the rules! And we don't have a high IQ to figure it out like Natalia!!"

"It's so basic." Kakashi declared and then in unison the both of us exclaimed, "Teamwork!"

Their eyes widened in realization.

"Just working together, is that what you mean?" Sakura questioned.

"Yup." I answered.

"It's too late now." Kakashi said. "But if all three of you had come at me, you might have been able to take them. Well, anyway, it's over."

Sakura then realized it, "you set it up with three people, but only two bells. If we worked together and got the bells, only two of us could keep them. And that would lead to group conflict, and the squad would break up."

"Exactly." I said, making her turn to me, "he purposefully pitted you against each other, to see if you could overcome that and put your teammates before yourselves. As Genin, you should have a natural feel for teamwork, but it never even crossed any of your minds.." I trailed off for Kakashi to take it away.

He did, "Sakura! You obsessed over Sasuke, who was gone, while Naruto was right in front of you and you wouldn't lift a finger to help him." She frowned and blushed in embarrassment. "Naruto! You do everything on your own, everything." Naruto shut his eyes, grunting in annoyance at the fact that he was right. "And you, Sasuke, thought the others were so far beneath you, they were worthless. Arrogance."

He looked back at all of them, "ninja missions are carried out in squads. Of course you need individual skills, but teamwork is the most essential element. Every shinobi understands this. When individuals put themselves above the squad, this can lead to failure and death."

He took out a kunai, "for example, Sakura!" He put it at Sasuke's throat, making me flinch a bit. "Kill Naruto now or Sasuke dies."

Both Sakura and Naruto started freaking out.

"That's what happens on a mission." Kakashi then removed the kunai from Sasuke's throat, making them sigh in relief. "The enemy takes a hostage, and you have an impossible choice. And someone ends up dead." He finally stood up and walked to the KIA stone, "on every mission, your life is on the line. Did you look at this stone, the names engraved on it? They are all ninja who are honored as heroes in our village."

I went over to it as well and stared at the "blank" spot at the bottom. I then quickly scanned the entire stone and landed on "Obito Uchiha". I sighed and thought, 'oh, Obito. Why did you have to turn into the bad guy? I wish you could just come back to the village and be at Kakashi's side as the cheerful Obito you once were. You've both been so alone..'

"That's it, that's it, that's it!" Naruto broke me out of my thoughts, "Now I know! I've decided I'm going to have my name engraved on that sto--"

I interrupted him, "no, Naruto!" Everyone was taken aback by this.

"Wh-why not?" He asked me.

I frowned, "because the heroes on this stone are all KIA. Sakura, you know what that means, right?"

She blinked but then solemnly nodded and turned to Naruto, "Naruto, it means "killed in action". They all died." Naruto's smile instantly faded as he looked down, saddened by this information.

Damn it.. I turned away from them and faced the stone because that instantly made my eyes tear up slightly.

'And he wouldn't have had to if it weren't for the stupid rules...'

Kakashi put a hand on my shoulder and went on, "this is a memorial stone. The names of my closest friends are engraved here." I placed my hand on top of his.

After a few silent moments, Kakashi turned back and started walking towards them, "alright, I'm going to give you one more chance. Natalia won't be participating in this one, I'll be your only opponent, but I'm going to make it much harder on you. You'll have three hours to get a bell. Eat lunch now to build up strength. But, Naruto doesn't get any." The said blondie growled in anger. "It's your punishment for breaking the rules and trying to eat by yourself. And if anyone tries to feed him, that person will immediately fail... I make the rules and you follow them. Got it?" They all nodded in slight fear and Kakashi and I left them to hide behind a tree and watch them.

We were both silent and lost in thought until it happened...

"Here." We heard Sasuke say. I instantly grinned.

Naruto gasped and Sakura questioned him, "what? No, Sasuke, you can't do that. You heard what the sensei said." She looked around cautiously.

"Kakashi's gone." Sasuke reasoned, "we need to get those bells as a team. We won't have Natalia which makes it harder, but if Naruto's hungry, he'll be weak and ineffective. That hurts the team and jeopardizes the mission."

"Oh, so when I'm not around, he thinks he can do whatever he wants? Maybe I shouldn't let him see you after all if that's how he'll think." Kakashi muttered.

I rolled my eyes, "oh, stop it. He just means it for this situation and he's doing it for good reason." I then mumbled to myself, "besides, I'd probably be the one saying that..." Oh great, dirty thoughts were invading my brain.

"What was that?" He questioned sternly.

"Oh, uhh.." I sheepishly smiled, "nothing, I didn't say anything!" I cleared my throat, "But anyways, I know you agree with my point about him doing it for good reason, because he just passed your test, am I right or am I right?" I smirked.

He sighed, "yes, you're right. Honestly, I'm actually impressed with him for doing that. I guess I did find my team after all." He gave me a closed eye smile which I returned.

After watching Sakura and Sasuke feed Naruto, Kakashi teleported in front of them and dramatically made his presence known, "YOU!" The dummies yelled and Sasuke got on guard while grunting from the force of the wind that Kakashi caused.

He pretended to be angry, "You broke the rules. I hope you're ready for the punishment." Kakashi then made a couple of hand signs and made the sky darken with clouds, making a storm to intimidate them even further, "Any last words?.."

I watched them whimper and grunt, still behind the tree. 'Why does he have to be so dramatic about it? My poor teammates look like they're about to poop their pants.'

"But you said--" Naruto started.

"Yes?" Kakashi waited for an answer.

Naruto shouted his response anxiously, "you said that there were three of us. That's what you said! And that's why Sakura and..."

Sasuke intervened, "we're all on this squad and we're all in it together."

Sakura sat up straight, recollecting herself with a new found determination, "yeah, that's right! We gave our lunches to him because the three of us are one!"

"Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Believe it!" Naruto added, "That's right!"

"'The three of you are one', that's your excuse?" Kakashi asked them intimidatingly.

The three of them didn't flinch and stood their ground, which pleased Kakashi.

He gave them a real closed eye smile, "hm. You pass."

I body flickered beside him and cheered, throwing my fists in the sky, "woohoo!" I giggled, "congrats, my new teammates."

Sakura and Naruto were beyond confused, "huh?" Sasuke just waited for a clarification.

Kakashi repeated himself, "you pass."

"What do you mean? How did we pass?" Sakura asked.

As the skies cleared up, Kakashi explained, "you're the first squad that's ever succeeded. The other did exactly what I said and fell into every trap. They couldn't think for themselves. 'A ninja must see through deception'..." He stopped talking all of a sudden and turned to me, "you want to recite the quote with me?"

My entire face lit up, "yes!!" I clapped my hands gleefully, making him chuckle.

(Listen while reading, if ya want!)

In unison, we quoted Obito, "In the ninja world, those who break the rules are scum. But, those who abandon their friends are worse than scum." I smiled at the three of them.

Sakura was pleased and smiled brightly.

Naruto's eyes filled up with happy tears.

"Hm." Sasuke smiled to himself.

Naruto, being an adorable and sensitive knucklehead, muttered, "they're a..you know, they're kind of cool." This made me giggle.

"The exercise is over. Everyone passes." Giving a big thumbs up, Kakashi exclaimed, "squad 7 starts its first mission tomorrow!"

"Yes!" Sakura cheered.

"I did it! I did it! Believe it! I'm a ninja! Ninja! Ninja!" Naruto cheered as well, still crying tears of joy.

"Let's go home." Kakashi told us in a delighted tone. I felt a warmth in my chest, as I looked at my new team that I'd go on missions with and help protect as much as I could.

Sasuke made direct eye contact with me and we smiled at each other. He still had a distant look in his eyes though...

As everyone started leaving, and after I untied Naruto(because I actually remembered), I went up to Sasuke and hugged him but he tensed up and wouldn't hug me back. "Hey, what's wrong?" I asked him, stepping back from him a little bit.

He looked up at Kakashi, who turned his head to him and gave him a closed eye smile. Sasuke's eyes lit up from his approval and he instantaneously brought me into a hug. I blinked but then hugged him back.

After a few moments, I looked up into his onyx eyes, "we're officially Genin and will be going on missions together..." I smiled, "just like we've wanted since we were kids."

His eyes softened as he gave me a small smile and replied, "that's right, which means we'll be spending a lot more time together...and we'll get to know each other again like you wanted."

I lightly nodded, "mhm..." I then went on my tippy toes and gave him a kiss on the cheek, causing him to blush as his eyes slightly widened. "But you do know that it won't all be fun, right? There's going to be dangerous missions and--"

He interrupted me by placing a long and firm kiss on my forehead, and whispered against my skin, "I know, Natalia. But I'm not letting that stop me from being with you. And no matter how dangerous these missions are, I'll protect you." At that moment, I think my heart was actually trying to shoot out of my chest.

Was this seriously the same Sasuke I lived with all those years ago? It was too bizzare to me; he was so different, but in a good way. He was more mature and manly, yet still managed to be gentle with me and show true care for me. It was almost as if he...loved me. But I didn't even think he could love me if he was so revenge obsessed.

'Can I really bring myself to accept my feelings for him?...My love for him?' I thought, as we looked back into each other's eyes. 'But it's going to hurt so much if I do...'

Out of absolutely nowhere, we heard a sniffle behind us. Our brows furrowed and we turned to see what it was that ruined our moment.

We sweatdropped.

"You g-guys are just *sniffle* just so sweet together!" Naruto cried as he was apparently watching us. Okay, what was up with Naruto's emotions today? He was such a crybaby. And where did he even come from?! I thought he was already ahead of us with Sakura and Kakashi.

I opened my mouth to speak, but didn't get the chance to, because of a jealous maniac who was running towards us shouting, "NO THEY'RE NOT!"

I grumbled in annoyance. Kakashi calmly watched the scene play out. Bastard.

"What do you mean they're 'sweet together' why are you saying that all of a sudden?!" Sakura asked, making me realize she actually didn't see us. And thank god for that..

I gave Naruto a pleading look for him not to say anything while slightly shaking my head, and he actually got the hint.

Naruto sheepishly scratched the back of his head, "oh! Um, they were talking about how Kakashi Sensei is basically her real dad, and I think it's sweet!" Wow, that was a good one. Good job and thank you, Naruto.

Sakura at first gave a skeptical look but then shrugged, "oh okay! I thought you were talking about Sasuke and Natalia." She giggled innocently.

I chuckled nervously and waved her off, "oh, don't be silly, Sakura. That doesn't even make any sense!" I then frantically pushed everyone in Kakashi's direction, "Anyway, let's get going, we gotta take our team picture!"

I sighed in relief as we all finally headed off to take our picture and Sakura wasn't on my case anymore. Sasuke rubbed my back and quietly chuckled beside me, making me turn to him.

He whispered to me, "I guess we're gonna have to be a lot more subtle if she's around, from how annoying she gets."

I nodded, rolling my eyes, "yup, we have to. Or else we'll never hear the end of it." We sighed, knowing what a pain she was going to be.

Even if I knew I'd always be annoyed by Sakura, I was actually incredibly happy to be a part of this team. As we walked together, I couldn't help but notice how it felt to be with them. It just felt so...right. It simply felt like I belonged there, and nothing could feel more amazing than that.

============================================

A/N~ Somehow I accidentally made this chapter even longer than the last...but the next ones will be shorter, since I'll most likely go by the episodes of the anime and use each as a chapter or something. I don't know yet though.

Also, I low key wanna start inserting Naruto music into certain parts of the chapters, like I did at the end of this one. I think it'd be fun for you guys to have some background music during some scenes or something! It gives that little dramatic effect, ya know?

​​​​​​🤎I hope my readers enjoyed this one, see ya in the next chapter!🤎

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

37.7K 1K 36
"I have... always lied to you and asked for your forgiveness while keeping you at a distance. Because I wanted to keep you out of this. But now I thi...
39K 1.5K 29
[Regular weekly update] (Friday-Sunday) We used to be close but people can go from people you know to people to don't~ ...
57.6K 2.2K 26
The war was successful, and they won. Sasuke returned to the village, and Naruto and Sakura both made their dreams come true. They had families, and...
7.8K 323 13
"The thing I wished for hurt my whole family. I brought all this suffering down on my family because I made a wish to protect everyone without knowin...