It Started With a Bet

By ChhaviGupta51

Siddharth Jindal is a young Dermatologist. He is everything a girl could want in her life partner... He is ta... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Epilogue
Epilogue cont.
Hello friends
New book

Chapter 60

8K 696 208
By ChhaviGupta51

Shruti's POV

" Please stop all this drama... This is a  hospital for God's sake. "

" Shruti, go home right now ! "   Nihal shouted at me.

" Shruti, you don't have to be scared of him. If he bothers you, just give me a call,  I will break all his limbs if he ever thinks about touching you. " Sid said.

" Shruti, go home!!!  If you ever talk to him again, I will never talk to you. Nihal take her home. " Papa shouted at me.

I looked at Siddharth, he wanted to protest but I shook my head.

Nihal caught my hand and went out of the hospital. I didn't want any drama here in the hospital so I went with him.

" Don't even think of hurting her or you will regret that you were born as her brother. "  Siddharth shouted after us.

*****

Siddharth's POV

The rising sun cast a rosy hue across the morning sky. Golden fingers of sunlight lit up the scene.

It was a beautiful morning. I was with Shubh for the whole time. We all enjoyed the ceremonies that were going on. It was time for them to get married.

Everyone was waiting for the bride near the decorated stage. 

The music changed and I saw Shruti coming with Vidhi,  she was looking very beautiful and I wanted her with everything in me.

I saw her coming towards me and my heartbeat increased. I wanted to talk to her, hug her and kiss her till eternity. I had so many things to talk about.

But she walked past me without even a simple hello or a  single look.  Oh, God !! I could not take this anymore. My mind was about to blow any minute now.

Enough is enough!!! She has to give me the answers now!!!

I had to do something... But it had to wait. I had to wait for the right time.

The wedding was over, and everyone had a very good time teasing Shubh as he was blushing much more than his bold and beautiful bride Vidhi.

After the rituals, we were called for the food... We all had food. The atmosphere of the party was just so pleasant. Everyone looked so happy and contented with their loved ones. The day was filled with excitement, love, laughter and teasing of our near and dear ones.

Everyone was happy and contented But I was not.  Everyone was getting settled around me and I needed her in my life and home permanently. Now I wanted her to be my wife and would have to do something about it.

Shruti's POV

I was going to my room to pack my bags as it was time to go. I could not afford to go with Siddharth or his family. I saw the way he was looking at me all the time. I was feeling so bad but I could not help it.

Just then someone caught me tightly and before I could react, placed a cloth over my nose and as it contained chloroform. I was losing my senses before I could even think of something.

Siddharth!! Save me.... please! Please come and help me. I know you will find me... I love you.

That was the last thought in my mind.

*******

Some different kinds of sounds woke me up. I opened my eyes a bit... But I was still not fully conscious. But one thing was for sure... I was in a moving vehicle.

The steady rocking of the moving vehicle pushed me back into unconsciousness.

I felt as if I was being carried to somewhere now. I wanted to come back to my senses. But my eyelids seemed to have become too heavy to be opened.

" Listen, I don't have time...  Is everything ready??? " Someone asked.

" Hmmm "  someone made that sound.

" Is the girl ready?? "  The first voice asked again.

" Hmmm"

" Ok, fine !! Get the girl, I will arrange everything. "

" Hmmm "

Who was this person who could not speak anything but hmmm? I was getting annoyed.

I collected every ounce of willpower in my body and opened my eyes and looked around but there was no one.

Whare was I?? Got up from the bed, I was lying on and went towards the door but it was locked. I saw some kind of stuff on the table. I went near it and saw an expensive dress box, I opened the flap of the dress box and was shocked to see a beautiful wedding lehenga.

Lehenga ???

Marriage???

No !!

I can't  !! I can't marry anyone... Anyone but Siddharth.

I  had to run away from here. I had to talk to my Siddharth. I had to tell him everything. As it is he deserves to know.

I was going to tell him after Vidhi's wedding. But everyone was around. I was looking for the right moment.

Oh, God !! Please help me, I would rather die than marry that...

Siddharth, please come !!!

I found an open window and I climbed on some small breakfast table lying in the room and jumped out of the window.

I heard a commotion behind me and got really scared and started running as fast as my feet could take me. Someone was following me and was coming closer and closer with every passing second. 

I was getting panicked and kept running but he caught hold of my hand and pulled me towards him. It scared me and I cried out for help and bumped into that person. I hit him continuously but he caught my hands in one of his hands.

I literally burst into tears out of helplessness.

" Hey, what happened, angry bird?? "  I heard Siddharth's voice.

Was I getting crazy?? It was a beautiful illusion.

Oh,  I wish he was here. I thought and opened my eyes.

But the moment I opened my eyes, I saw Siddharth's face too.

I was pleasantly shocked to see him.

" Siddharth??? "

" Who else?? What did you think? " He asked.

Oh, thank God !!! Thank you, God !!! I love you.

I threw myself on him and hugged him and kissed him all over his face and he was shocked as hell at my reaction. He could not even blink... His eyes were as big as saucers.

" What happened to you?? "  He asked in a state of shock.

" Nothing, let's run from here... I will tell you everything later on. Please, let's go. "

" Run to where? "

" Home !! Thanks for saving me again. "

" Saving you?? "

" Yeah, he... He kidnapped me... He wants to marry me forcefully. "

" He??? Who is this he?? " he was shocked pas hell.

" Sid,  please let's go from here... I am really scared. He would come. "  I tried to pull him away from the place where I was kept.

"  Who will come, Shruti??  Why are you scared?? "

" Why are you even asking ??  You know he kidnapped me... You came after us to save me... " I said but he was as confused as I was.

" What ?? Shruti, whom do you think, kidnapped you?? "

" Nihal's friend! " I said.

Why was he so surprised?

" Why ?? "

" Because Nihal is forcing me to marry his friend. "

" What the hell?? Why? What does your father want? "

" He thinks that Nihal would have never suggested his name if that man was not good enough for me. "

" I will kill this Nihal first... "

" No, let's go... Before he comes looking for me. "

" No, we are not going anywhere... First of all, you are going to tell me what happened to you?? Why have you been avoiding me like hell? "

" I will tell you everything, but let's just go home.  I want to get away from here as soon as possible. "

" No !! "

" Have you gone mad??"

" Yes !! "

"  Sid, please... He will come back. "

" I will manage... " He said and caught hold of my hand and pulled me towards the room where I was kept earlier.

" Siddharth ! What are you doing? I ran out of there with so much difficulty and you are taking me there again? "

" Come with me, we need to talk. "  He was still pulling me.

" That can wait, Siddharth. What if he comes back? "  I tried to stop him.

🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

Good morning friends ☀️😊

Here is my today's update, I hope you liked it, please let me know.

I jave already published 21 chapters of  'The Frigid Bride' on Libri. You can read them for free by signing in every day. Paid chapters starts from Chapters 14 but you can easily open them with points. Collect points by signing everyday and reading for 15 minutes.

If you like that book please comment there too.

Please vote, comment, share and follow. 😍😍😍😍

Take good care of yourself and have a nice day.

Thanks
Chhavi 😊😍❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

247K 10.5K 59
At two opposite ends of the spectrum, Bound by the shackles of marriage. Aarav Singhania Rhea Aggarwal Aarav Singhania, a 27-year-old tycoon, The bi...
53.7K 3.5K 52
Only in the novels and movies it looks good when your best friend and sibling date each other but in real life it turn out to be a complete mess. Thi...
410 88 10
Dhriti Agarwal, 21 years old, focusing on her dream of becoming a great fashion designer, and loves crocheting. Has pretty dark yet attractive skin a...
45K 2.4K 100
Shruti and Sid are childhood friends... Due to circumstances,they part ways at the age of 13... 4 years later,they are very happy to see each other i...