-Blessed by Divinity: Eternit...

By arjun_snm

The sequel to 'Blessed by Divinity'. All hopes of an early retirement are lost for Aaron as he is called on... More

Prologue- A New Age
Returning Home
A New Threat
A Tight Situation
The Mainland
Nightmare World
A New Face
Shaking the Rust
The Mining City
Protecting What We Can't
Remnants
A Phantom Performance
A New Goal
Battle at the Ruins
A Touching Reunion
Unleashed Potential
Taking a Detour
Snowpoint Temple
Battle at the Depths
Undying Flame
A Pokemon's Dream
The City on the Coast
The Silent Trainer
Nightmare World II
Desperate Measures
New Competition
The Fox's True Power
Unexpected Help
A Psychic's Prediction
Wishing on a Star
Emerging from the Shadows
The Wish Pokemon
The City of the Setting Sun
The Sunyshore Brothers
A Devil's Return
Nightmare World III
Flying Solo
Parting Ways
Passion Reignited
A Titanic Clash
Trouble in Paradise
The Tallest Mountain
The Puppet Master
World's Most Wanted
Endless Sea
Nightmare World IV
Together
Descent
Clash at the Summit
Primal Instincts
Cursed
Revenge
Ascension
Truth and Ideals
Battle at the End of the Void
Divinity Reborn
Letting Loose
Progress
Celestial Power
Destruction
No Control
Faded Mirror
Patience and Pent Up Power
Battle at the Fallen King's Throne
Fate
Draconic Power
Divinity Awakened
Reality
Epilogue - Almighty Sinnoh
A/N

Vista Lighthouse Showdown

21 0 0
By arjun_snm

"...!"

The new species pokemon followed its trainer's lead, firing a blast of draconic energy toward the target. Mewtwo floated in the air silently, eyes fixed on the approaching attack. Just when it looked like the move would land, the draconic beam of energy dispersed into the air, leaving only an enraged genetic pokemon.

In response, Mewtwo puffed its cheeks out, firing a huge wave of flames toward both Mew and Aegislash. The royal sword pokemon was quick to react, diving in front of his ally with his shield raised. The scorching blast of fire collided with the glowing blue shield, Aegislash doing enough to neuter the attack before any real damage was done.

"Shadow sneak Aegislash!"

"...!"

Just as Aegislash disappeared into the shadows, Mew followed suit, gathering a ball of ethereal energy. Mewtwo avoided the shadow ball attack, another huge hole being made in the walls of the observation deck.

Quickly I looked around, scanning the environment. The lighthouse wouldn't be able to keep up with this battle and it wouldn't be long before the whole thing came crashing down. Nevertheless, Mewtwo needed to be dealt with as soon as possible. We couldn't let such a powerful pokemon run riot in this region, too many innocent lives would be in danger.

"...!"

Once again, Mew fired a huge blast of draconic energy toward the target. But like last time, Mewtwo only needed to wave his hand to disperse the powerful attack. A tight grin formed on the genetic pokemon's lips as it grasped the situation we were in.

But before it made its next move, Aegislash reappeared from the shadows behind his target, ready to strike. Mewtwo didn't even turn around, avoiding the attack with ease. I looked up, seeing that the psychic pokemon's eyes were glowing blue, which must have allowed him to see the attack coming.

I looked over to Red, his face reading the same as mine. There was no easy way to deal with such a powerful pokemon but if anyone could come up with something, it'd be us. We both returned our attention to the field, seeing all three pokemon locked in an intense stare off.

Mew spoke up, its soft voice filling the air. I guessed it was trying to talk some sense into our opponent, but Mewtwo wasn't fazed by any of this. The genetic pokemon didn't waste time responding before cloaking itself in a thunderous light, launching its next attack.

Aegislash prepared his shield, ready to intercept the powerful thunder attack. There was a huge explosion as the electric move smashed into the glowing blue shield, the thunder attack diverging on contact. Streams of electricity sparked around the room, the entire observation deck under assault from the powerful attack.

Parts of the roof began to collapse, all of the windows now shattered to pieces. The wooden floor beneath our feet threatened to crumble away at any minute and both Red and I knew this couldn't continue for long.

Mewtwo didn't care for the surroundings, unleashing an ice cold gale wind from its mouth. The chilling blizzard attack covered the room, everything becoming all the more colder. Not even Aegislash's shield could have defended against such a widespread move. Ice crystals began to form all around the room, the wooden floor frozen over in some places.

"...!"

"Sacred sword Aegislash!"

The royal sword pokemon took the lead, its sword hand glowing a deep orange as he swung repeatedly. Each time, Mewtwo only ducked its shoulder, slipping under each attack before spinning in the air to kick Aegislash away with both feet. The steel pokemon was thrust backward, crashing into the wall between Red and I.

Mew used this opening, firing a torrential blast of water toward the target. This time, Mewtwo was unable to react in time, the strong water move connecting. For the first time, the genetic pokemon was forced to the floor but it quickly recovered, shaking off the hydro pump attack. A serious look took over its face which told me that it wouldn't be taken by surprise like that again.

Mewtwo cloaked itself in an electrifying light, launching another thunder attack toward Mew. But before the move could collide, a ghostly blur moved through the air quickly, throwing itself between the two pokemon. Aegislash took the thunder attack head on, making sure to keep its ally safe.

If there was anything I could rely on him for, it was that he stuck to his knight's code. It was always a priority for Aegislash to make sure its allies were safe, even at the risk of his own life. The royal sword pokemon's steel was marred by the powerful electric attack but that wouldn't be enough to stop him.

Once the dust cleared and Mewtwo realised what had happened, its face screwed up. Its eyes glowed blue as it grimaced through the smoke. Quickly, Mewtwo raised its arm to launch another attack. A huge purple sphere of psychic energy pooled in the genetic pokemon's hands as it fired the powerful move.

Aegislash stood ready, raising its shield. As the two moves collided there was a huge explosion, a huge cloud of smoke filling the room. I had to raise my arms to cover my eyes, as I turned away from the battle for just a moment.

When everything seemed to settle down and the smoke cleared, I couldn't believe my eyes as I processed what happened. The midday sky above flooded into what was left of the observation deck, the entire roof blown to smithereens. The sun shone intensely overhead, the calm blue skies contrasting the disastrous sight before us.

Only part of the wooden floor remained around the edge of what was left of the observation deck, the surrounding walls blown to pieces. What we feared as the worst outcome came true as Vista Lighthouse would never return to what it once was.

Mewtwo hovered in the skies above us, looking down on the four of us. Mew stared back, its soft gaze showing a determined expression as the two psychic pokemon were locked in a tense stare.

My eyes flared as I searched the rubble and debris for Aegislash, finding the royal sword pokemon barely standing on the field. He clanged his sword against his buckler, determined not to give in now. He turned back to me, nodding with full confidence in my ability to lead him. Seeing that instilled a new sense of determination within in me, feeling the full trust of my pokemon manifesting before me.

"Alright then, shadow sneak Aegislash!" Without hesitating, the steel pokemon vanished into the air, taking the lead.

"...!" Mew followed its trainer's lead, firing a multitude of shadow ball attacks toward the opponent.

Mewtwo was quick to respond, floating in the air high above us. The genetic pokemon leaned back slightly, puffing its cheeks out as it launched a sweeping wave of scorching flames, easily washing away Mew's attack.

Then, Aegislash reappeared behind Mewtwo. This time he held his distance as the genetic pokemon turned in the air to counter. Instead of closing the distance, Aegislash maintained his position, gathering a huge pool of steel grey energy in front of it.

"Now Aegislash! Steel beam!"

Mewtwo must have sensed what was coming, firing a blast of electrifying energy to counter the move. There was a sonic boom as Aegislash poured its all into this move, the huge blast of steeled energy colliding with the thunder attack. Both pokemon maintained their attacks, neither giving an inch as the lighthouse continued to suffer from the raging battle.

Mew flew quickly through the air, taking its position behind Aegislash. The psychic pokemon gently placed its hands on the sword pokemon's back and even from where I was stood below, I could see a new wave of power coursing through Aegislash. Mew poured its all into supporting its ally, just as the royal sword had done before.

With its newfound strength, the insanely powerful steel beam attack cut through the bolt of lightning easily. But Mewtwo wasn't done there. Before the move made contact, the genetic pokemon launched another huge purple sphere of overflowing psychic energy, the two moves colliding between both pokemon.

Mew pushed on, encouraging Aegislash to pull through as the royal sword pokemon poured its all into the move. Mewtwo wasn't giving an inch either, not willing to go down here.

Then with a final burst of energy, Aegislash cut through the psychic move, the steel gray beam of energy crashing into the target. Mewtwo was engulfed in a huge explosion, a smoke cloud hiding the genetic pokemon from our sights. Red and I exchanged uncertain looks, not knowing if this was the end.

But as the smoke cloud slowly dispersed, the genetic pokemon was nowhere to be found. Red and I searched the area but there was no trace of Mewtwo. We both knew this wasn't the end, knowing that such a pokemon likely retreated but not too willingly. Mewtwo's pride wouldn't have allowed it to run from a fight but even the psychic pokemon knew it wasn't invulnerable.

Aegislash fell to the floor, collapsing in a heap. Mew floated down, hovering beside its partner. The royal sword pokemon was still barely awake, fighting the tides of unconsciousness as he rested on the tattered wooden floor. This wouldn't have been possible without Red and Mew by our sides and the two of us knew that we couldn't have won this battle alone.

That being said, our first battle together resulted in a well deserved victory.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 13 10
After Ash's Mt. Silver training is cut short, a letter from Iron Island catches his attention, and he takes up an offer from his old acquaintance, Ri...
24.5K 1K 52
Ash was unexpectedly selected for Kanto High academy - one of the most popular academy in all regions. There he met with all his friends - new and ol...
4K 114 75
What if Ash is a coma? This would explain why Ash and his friends don't age. If this is true, Ash's story could restart again and introduce characte...
227K 5K 97
After the events of Pokemon XY&Z, Serena decides to go to Kanto with Ash to compete in Pokemon contests. While they're in Pallet Town, however, they...