Angels of the sea (#Wattys201...

By darkblueeyes101

Thirteen year old Zoe Martin is on the verge of learning her mother’s family long hidden secret by accident... More

Chapter 1 meet Zoe Marton and her family
Chapter 2 thrown overboard
Chapter 3 Welcome to sunset cove
Chapter 4 The cove Itself
Chatper 5 The Dolphin and the story
Chapter 6 chill time
Chapter 7 Play Time
Chapter 8 The dolphin calf
Chapter 9 the dream
HELP!!! Me PLEASE
Chapter 12 bonding time and reunion
chapter 13 The strength of the bond Part 1
Chapter 13 The strength of the bond Part 2
Chapter 14 more then meet the eyes
Chapter 15 The Visit
Chapter 16 : Mate pressure
Chapter 17 : The attack
Chapter 18 The healing

Chapter 10 The Pod and the truth

24 2 2
By darkblueeyes101

 I wake up gasping, "That was a weird dream" I gasp to myself. I look over at James, who's just sitting up on his bed looking at me, he sighs deeply, and then he whispers "You know, don't you." Blinking my eyes, "know what?" I ask him in a sleepy mumble. He stands up and slowly walks over towards me "My family's secret?" he asks as he walks, I sit up on the side of my bed, "What Secret?" I ask James as I yawn and stretch out my arms. "Well, the one you just figured out" James replies in a duh tone. “What do you mean I just figured it out?" I ask in a confused tone. "Zoe, it's the same one you saw in your dream" James bends down, chuckling, "How did you know I had a-" I gasp. James slowly nods, then looks over to the right towards Kyle's bed, "Yo, Kyle!” James calls out "Wake up mom, dad and Pops she knows" James says as Kyle lifts up his head.

Kyle walks out of the room a few moments later, leaving me and James alone for the most part. "I know what James that you're a do-lph- in" I sputter out that last part, James nods and then says "Well my whole family are, we're a Pod" James says as he stands back up, "James mom, dad and Pops are ready for us" Kyle says as he stops at the doorway for a moment before starting to walk back up the hallway, all the kids run out of the room and start to fallow Kyle up the hallway.

 "Come on Zoe" James says as I stand up slowly, I feel like my legs are numb. "To where James?" I ask him, Mom, dad and, Pops are calling a Pod meeting and you're the guest of honor" James replies. "I can't feel my legs James" I say, James turns his head towards me "Grab hold of my neck" James says warmly, I grab a hold of his neck and James scoops me up bridle style and begins to walk slowly. "So why am I the guest of honor?" I ask looking up at him, "You'll find out" James replies, looking back down at me.

 As me and James join the others at the kitchen table, John and Joe are lighting two candles in the center of the table. "Yawl are late" Joe says as she looks up at us from lighting the last candle, "Sorry mom, Zoe got cold feet" James says as he gently puts me down. I take my seat and, James sits right beside me. "Where's Kyle?, He's never late for a Pod meeting" ask James, "He's going to wake up Bryan" Joe replies as he sits down in her chair. Kyle walks in a moment later and sits down in his chair, "Bryan doesn't feel like getting up, he feels weak" Kyle says after he sits down. "Well, who can blame him, " says John sitting beside Joe.

"So Zoe, what would you like to know first?" Joe asks me, "I want to know if you guys are pulling my leg" I reply. "Yo'll get that answer ether today or tomorrow" Joe says, "Mom, I think I should be to tell her the history of the Pod" James says to his mother, "Very well James" Joe says as she gives him a nod of her head.

James then turns his head to me, "Zoe do you remember when you first arrived and I told you the story when some kids fell off of a rainbow and their Goddess turn then into dolphin's, I nod my head. Well, I only told you half the story, there were four kids who fell off that rainbow.The first two were completely transformed into dolphins, but the other two were only halfway transformed into dolphins. The magic was in thire blood, so when they swam to the mainland, they shifted back into their human forms and went on with the rest of their life. Well, time skip, we've been here for six generations" James says.

"Okay the next thing I want to know is, when do they have their first shift and, how do they do it?" I ask looking at Joe, "Well their first official shift is when they're first born, when the mom goes into labor she goes out into the water to give birth.Unlike most mammals Dolphins are born tail first, because they need to swim to the surface as they're first born. However, in one of our kind when they take their first breath, they shift into a human baby, then their mom shifts back herself, picks him or her up up out of the water and takes her new baby onto dry land, the baby won't shift again until it's at least ten years old" Joe explains.

"Is that what's going on with Bryan?"I ask looking at Joe

Yes, Bryan will have his first shift during the blue moon" Joe replies

"And we don't know what causes them to shift while they're in the water, but it happens at their own will, they just they just think about it and poof they're in dolphin form" Joe explains once more.

"Okay, what's the main reason you shift, or do you even have a reason at all?" I ask no specific Person, James holds up his left hand and asks "May I take this one mother?" "Yes you may James" Joe replies to her son. James then turns towards me "Zoe we protect other dolphins from one thing and one thing only" James starts by saying, Don't say vampires, don't say vampires I think to myself.

"Sharks" says James, "What, no, James sharks are tough, they could kill you, " I say in a shocked tone to my voice, "Oh yeah, if they're fast, then we're tougher" Logan who's been quiet this whole time says excited. "Yeah, those cold blooded, blood loving demon fish are the reason we lost our grandmother. One day a great white shark came into the cove and, our law on the matter says 'If a shark comes into the Cove you attack it, no matter what' so she swam out and, attacked it. She saved the Pod, but she couldn't save herself" James explains

I then look over to my right towards Pops who has his hand covering his face crying, so I don't say a word on the matter.

"Okay now it's time to tell you some things about youself" Joe says, "Like what?" I ask back

"For starters, those dolphin sounds you keep hearing inside of your head that's your Pod link, now it's not working very well right now because it has just awoken, but in no time at all you'll be able to hear the Pods thoughts" Joe explains to me.

"Joe why do I need a mind link?, I"m not a part of this Pod, " I say to Joe, "But you're going to be" Joe says back to me."Why?" I ask Joe, "Because your mother was one and you were born with the gene" Joe replies back to me. "Okay, so that means that if my mom is a part of all this, my father must be too, right?" I ask, "Wrong" replies Joe."The law of the Pod says, it's against the rules to fall in love with someone from outside of the Pods, however. There's a loophole, at the age of nineteen each young dolphin is asked would, they like to stay with their own Pod?, move to a different Pod or, leave the Cove all together. Well your mom met your dad in town just a boat ride away and she fell in love, with him, but she knew that they couldn't be together, but when she turned eighteen your mom left the Pod to be with him" Joe explains to me once more.

"Well then how do you know I'm going to be apart of the Pod?" I ask Joe looking towards her,"James, can you pull up her sleeve and, show me her tattoo?" Joe asks James a she's looking at him. James lifts my sleeve and shows my birthmark to everyone, then James looks up towards Joe and gives her a slight nod before putting my sleeve back down.I then stand up from my chair, turn towards James and say "Thanks for the embarrassment James and, it's not a tattoo, it's a birthmark" then all the kids around the table start to pull up their sleeves and, show me that they have the same birthmark as I do. "Zoe if that's a birthmark, then how come we all have it too?" Joe asks as she too pulls her sleeve up.

My head starts to spin, James stands up from his chair, he looks like he's getting nervous about something, but what I ask myself, "Normally you would've gotten that tattoo on your tenth birthday, but you got yours a few days after you were born. Joe says as she stands up from her chair and slowly starts to walk back behind James."Why did I get my tattoo a few days after I was born, instead of when I turned ten?" I ask Joe, "I think James can take this one for me" Joe says as she slaps James playfully on the back. Gee, thanks" says James as he turns back towards his mom then back towards me, "Ooh, this will be good" Jeremy purrs at his twin brother from across the table.

"Well, come on James don't keep the girl waiting" Joe giggles still standing behind James, then James takes both my hands into his, "Zoe we're um, we're um, "Spit it out James!" I snap at him, "We're, Mates" says. My eyes widen at the words I then sink to my knees. " I want my parents" I  say with a shutter in my voice, "Zoe I-" I cut Joe off, "No Joe I want to see my parents, where are they?" I ask, " Zoe, your parents are dead, hearing those words I get back on my feet, "What?" I ask now starting to cry, "Your parents are dead" Joe repeats. "How can this happen?" I ask my voice now cracking like an egg. "Look Zoe, when you arrived inside the Cove, a shark pushed your dads boat into a tree which punched a hole in it coursing at to sink, but the last thing they did was, put all of your things in waterproof bags, so that way you'd be able to have something with you to remind you of home" Joe explains and with that I speed walk back to the bunk room and, shut the door behind me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vote

commet

Fan

Fallow me and, I'll fallow you back

I hope you've enjayed it ;-)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70 0 32
The familiar finger of fear tickles my stomach. If I ever want to get home or find out the truth about anything, I have to be brave. I can't falter...
2.2K 316 103
Are mermaids real? This is the question that 16 year old Mila keeps asking herself. It's something she never thought about... that is until she visi...
29.8K 2.9K 145
[FULL KELS SERIES] When Ande wakes up on the bottom of the ocean with a fish's tail, she's not sure what she did wrong. Getting sacrificed by her isl...