Devil of Remnant

By HotDorRod

Vergil; the Son of Sparda. Dark Slayer. Alpha and Omega. Devil in a Blue Coat. He has been given many names... More

Vergil
RWBY 1
RWBY 2
RWBY 3
RWBY 4
RWBY 5
Bio Update
RWBY 6
RWBY 7
RWBY 8
RWBY 9
RWBY 10
RWBY 11
Yet Another Bio Update
RWBY 12
RWBY 13
Vergil's DxD Bio
DxD 1
DxD 2
DxD 3
DxD 4
DxD 5
DxD 6 Pt. 1
DxD 6 Pt. 2
DxD Bio Update
DxD 7
DxD Filler: Issei's Punishments
DxD 8 Pt. 1
DxD 8 Pt. 2
DxD 8 Pt. 3
RWBY 14
RWBY 15
Vergil Ability Update
RWBY 16
RWBY 17
Vergil Harem Update
A/N: Thank You!
10K Special: Surprise Party
10K Special: Berserker's Dance
10K Special: Cat's Shadow
10K Special: Royal Test
10K Special: Drooping Rose
RWBY 18
RWBY 19
RWBY 20
RWBY Harem Update #2
RWBY 21
RWBY 22
RWBY 23
RWBY 24
RWBY 25
RWBY 26
Hold Up
A/N: Thank You Again!
30K Special: Halloween Dance
30K Special: Christmas Day
HAPPY NEW YEARS!
RWBY 27
RWBY 28
RWBY 29
RWBY 30
RWBY 31
RWBY 32
100K Celebration
100K Vote Results
100K Special: Beach Day
RWBY 33
RWBY 35
RWBY Teaser
RWBY 36: Rebound
RWBY 37: Power
RWBY 38: Test
RWBY 39: Embrace
200K Celebration
200K Vote Results
200K Special: RWBY/DxD
RWBY 40: Brothers
Teaser to Sequel

RWBY 34

1.6K 38 17
By HotDorRod

With both Vergil and Qrow incapacitated, RNJR must rely on only each other should any danger reveal themselves. While carrying the Dark Slayer as they follow their current path, Ruby and Ren look back to Jaune and Nora, who are lifting the unlucky huntsman via a makeshift stretcher.

Ruby: Are you guys alright?

Nora: Well...we could be a lot better...but we're good.

Jaune doesn't respond, however, as he only looks straight ahead. Ren turns back to Vergil as the white-haired devil groans under his breath.

Ren: How are you holding up, Vergil?

Vergil: Ugh, I'm certainly not the best...but I'll live.

Qrow: Heh, way to...be optimistic.

Vergil: Shut it, old man.

Qrow: Eh, bite me.

The drunk snickers weakly at Vergil's words, then coughs. Ruby sighs at the two, before gazing ahead.

Ruby: You two...

The six of them soon reach an old-looking sign at a crossroads, with one point aiming to the path towards the mountains, and the other goes to a nearby destroyed village.

Nora: What does that sign say?

Ruby: Uh, let's see...oh, Mistral is past those mountains over there!

Ren: Does it say how far?

Ruby: Ugh...no, nothing specific.

Looking between the path to the village and the path to the mountains, Jaune lets out an exasperated groan.

Jaune: I don't think we could make it through the mountains this way.

After glancing back to her uncle, Ruby rushes to the sign to get a closer look, forcing Ren to give Vergil more support.

Ruby: What about this place!? It's, uh, Kuroyuri!

Ren: That village was destroyed years ago, so we shouldn't expect any people there.

Jaune: But it's faster than going through the mountains, isn't it?

Ruby: Yeah, I don't know if Vergil pr Uncle Qrow can handle the mountains in the states they're in.

While tiredly shaking his head, Vergil uses Yamato as a crutch to hold himself up.

Vergil: I've been...through worse.

Ren: With that attitude, that would be likely.

Vergil: Well, as you are all being indecisive at this time, me and Qrow are likely dying at a slow rate. We would appreciate if you can make a decision right now.

Ren: I agree, which is why we should split up. Me and Nora can go through the mountains to Mistral. That way we can find help. If we can't, we will be able to at least get a better idea of our surroundings.

The suggestion by Ren surprised the rest of RNJR, besides Nora, as Jaune quickly shakes his head.

Jaune: No, no, no. Not happening. We have to stay together.

Nora: He's right. We'll cover more ground this way.

Jaune: We can't do that. We have to be able to keep each other safe!

Nora: Me and Ren have been keeping each other safe since we met. We will be alright.

She and Ren lock eyes, and nod to each other, signalling to the rest that they are sticking to their decision. Ruby looks between the two before sighing.

Ruby: Okay. We'll take Vergil and Qrow with us to the village.

Jaune: Wha-Ruby! You can't be okay with this! How will we--

Ruby: Jaune!

The red reaper suddenly raises her voice, shocking the blond boy as well as the duo of RN, while Vergil and Qrow look on with amusement.

Ruby: ...They will be alright. We'll be alright. You gotta have some faith in this plan, at least.

She turns to Ren and Nora, nodding her head, and the two return the motion before heading off towards the mountains. While watching, Jaune looks down, a worried expression on his face.

Jaune: I...I just hope they won't run into any trouble. I have this bad feeling.

Ruby: Me too...but they know each other like the backs of their hands. They wouldn't do anything reckless.

Walking over to Jaune, Ruby gently pats his back, before going to Qrow.

Ruby: Jaune, help me lift him up. Vergil, you're able to stand, right?

Currently using Yamato as a crutch, Vergil grunts under his breath.

Vergil: If I can walk, I'll be able to fight. I'm ready to get moving when you are.

Qrow: Yeaaaahhhh...go teeeaaamm.

The now delusional drunkard raises his arms in the air as if he is trying to initiate a wave. Softly chuckling at his actions, then remembering the poison in his system is causing him to be this way, Ruby takes the front along with Vergil, who is slowly keeping the pace, as they walk down the path towards the village known as Kuroyuri. But while they walk, Vergil glances down to the dirt, and notices they are going over large hoofprints.

____________________________________________________

Finally arriving at Kuroyuri after a couple hours, Ruby and Jaune set Qrow down so he can sit against a tree, while Vergil leans onto the closest building for support.

Ruby: We're gonna check to see if there are any medical supplies here. Let us know if you see anything suspicious.

Vergil: Heh.....understood.

With the AO's approval, Ruby and Jaune quickly leave the two wounded for anything that may be able to help them.  Looking over to the injured bird man, Vergil sighs.

Vergil: Some sorry states we are in, hm?

Not answering back vocally, Qrow only responds with a thumbs up. A worried glint in his eyes, Vergil returns his gaze to where Jaune and Ruby went.

Vergil: (They better find something, and fast...)

As he holds himself up, a couple of sudden inhumane shrieks pierces through the air from the distance, making Vergil cover his ears.

Vergil: Ngh...what the hell was that?

Hearing footsteps quickly approaching them, Vergil quickly, but not as fast as he usually is, unsheathes Yamato as he prepares for what may be a fight with Grimm. But he sets his blade down when he realizes it is only Ruby and Jaune coming back.

Ruby: Are you guys okay?!

Vergil: Yes, we're fine. Did you two find anything?

Jaune: No...not a single sign of anything useful.

Ruby: Anyways, what was that just now?

Vergil: It is likely some form of Grimm. We should get back to--

Before he finished talking, more footsteps could be heard approaching the group from behind, and everyone turns to see Nora and Ren running towards them.

Ruby: Nora? Ren? What's--

Nora: We gotta get you guys out of here, quick!

Jaune: Why, what's wrong?

Without letting the two explain, the same bloodcurdling screech goes off, except it sounds much closer and there is another sound just like it echoing. What follows is the sound of hooves clopping on the pavement. Slowly facing the direction of where the sounds are coming from, and Ren goes wide eyed with shock.

Ren: N-no...this can't be possible.

He shakily brings out StormFlower, and Nora does the same with Maghnild. This is because the group is now face to face with not one, but two Nuckelavee.

Jaune: Wh-what are those things?!

Ruby: T-these must be the source of those sounds!

The two of them draw Crocea Mors and Crescent Rose respectively, while Vergil begins to draw Yamato, but falls to his knees, which is noticed by the two leaders.

Jaune: Vergil?!

Ruby: Vergil!

Vergil: Tch...sorry...you'll have to take them on your own...

The Dark Slayer finally passes out from his injuries, collapsing to the floor. Taking that as a sign of weakness, the two centaur-like Grimm begin to charge towards RNJR, now knowing their biggest threat is unable to fight.

____________________________________________________

Sorry for the short chapter. I'll try to make the next one longer!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

266K 2.9K 23
As the son of Dante, the devil hunter, you and your team moved to Japan in order to expand the Devil May Cry business. Being a descendent of Sparda...
77.1K 883 28
you are Y/N Sparda, son of sparda, after kyrie died on your world, you settled on the another world called remnant. when you arrived on remnant, you...
358K 8.8K 128
Everyone knows that the Demon Sparda had twin sons, Vergil and Dante. However unbeknownst to everyone, Sparda had a third son with another woman. Ent...
49.9K 628 20
Your Parents were killed by the demon hunter Vergil.Summer found you in the woods and raised and abused you.The only people who heard your cries of h...