𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 {𝘨𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘹...

By maggieewritez

This is the sequel to my first book 'Together'. So, you might wanna read that first... Y/n and the rest of gr... More

intro
Home of Sorts
Wicked
The Scorch
The Right Arm
The Walls
The Plan
Interrogation
Inside
Min Min
Making It Through The City
Loss
Rescue Mission
The Safe Haven
Help To Feel Better
Eager
A New Mission
Cells
Back
Trouble
Childish
Desperate
Karma
Independent
Traitor
Never
Forgiveness

Impossible

1.9K 31 25
By maggieewritez

I woke up to the noise of running footsteps past by our room. It was 4 in the morning but it was still bright sunshine. I shuffled out of bed making sure not to wake Gally. I quickly changed before stepping outside into the mild early  morning breeze.

Minho ran in front of me, attempting another lap of several huts. Once he had finished, he sat down on the beach before taking off his shoes so his toes were in the water. I walked slowly over to him and planted myself beside him.

"Why are you running at 4am, Minho?" I sighed, "I thought we left all that shit behind."

"Don't say 'shit'." He smirked slightly and I chuckled as the memories of Newt hating it when we didn't use glazer slang.

"Is it because of him?" I asked quietly as another wave washed over our feet.

"I guess so." He mumbled, "I always thought I was quick enough to do anything. That was kinda the main reason I was a runner. But that night proved me wrong."

"It's not your fault. If it's anyone's fault it is my mothers and ratmans." I drew circles in the sand at the side of my leg with my index finger.

"When Wicked had me and were filling my brain with terrors," Minho shuddered slightly, "I saw my younger self in the glade. Along with Alby, Winston and a Chuck."

"Oh my god. Minho I'm so sorry you had to go back there and see that." I turned my head to him and smiled.

"It's okay. I don't really fancy, uhm, talking about it." He cleared his throat.

"No, that's completely okay. I should probably go back to bed anyway. But, Minho, don't blame yourself and get some extra sleep." I patted him back before jogging back to our hut.

My eye lids slowly opened. Gally's naked body was pressed against mine with his arm around my waist. I looked at the tiny, almost broken, clock on my desk.

6:23am.

We had slept through dinner. I saw two plates of food next to the clock. Fry must have brought them in. I noticed a little folded note by the side of them. I gently pushed Gally's arm of me and I stood up.

I could still barely walk but it was better than last night. I held onto the desk to keep my held up right.

'Hope you and gally had fun;)
-fry'

I chuckled and rolled my eyes. He must of seen all the clothes on the floor.

"Baby?" Gally groaned from behind me.

"Mhm." I nodded, picking up some random trousers and throwing them to the side, out of the way.

I turned around to him. He had his hands over his eyes, the sunlight was too bright for his eyes at this time in the morning.

Knock. Knock.

"I swear to god. If that is Fry, I'm going to kill him." Gally rolled over in bed, covering his face with the duvet.

I opened the door and it was, indeed, Frypan.

"Hey." He chirped.

"Fry!" Gally shouted.

"Yes?" Fry leaned in to see Gally under the covers.

"Why are you here?"

"Because Vince wants to see you again." Fry said to me.

"Me?" Gally questioned.

"No, your girlfriend. He said it was really really important."

"What is it about?" My eyebrow raised.

"I don't know. It's 'confidential' apparently."

"Oh, right. I'll be there in a second. Thanks Fry for dropping the food off."

"No problem. Hope you two had fun." He winked before walking away.

"What does he mean by that?" Gally uncovered his face.

"Well, last night after dinner he dropped some food off for us because we were sleeping. He must of seen the clothes all over the floor."

"Didn't you lock the door?"

"What do you mean? I was leaving when you decided to have sexy time." I laughed, "Anyway, I gotta go."

I walked over and pecked his lips.

"Bye, princess." He mumbled before going under the covers again.

I jogged down to Vince's hut. When I entered he was stood around a table, deep in thought. I coughed, catching his attention and he lifted his head.

"Hey, y/n, I would have talked to Thomas about this as well but he isn't in a fit state to talk, I was hoping you are."

"Yeah, I can talk. We literally spoke yesterday."

"It's Wicked." He said bluntly.

"Huh? What is?"

"We didn't destroy it."

"What?"

"There is still a small bit of Wicked left and your mum is running it."

"She got shot. Thomas said Janson shot her. Oh, yeah, and then a whole city burned down on top of her. She can't be alive."

"She is and she still wants you and Thomas, presumably for your blood. She has something that she knows you'll both want."

"What does she have?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Newt." He said in a serious tone.

My breath hitched and I felt my heart stop for a second before I started laughing.

"You're funny. You are really funny."

"Y/n, I promise you that I'm not joking."

"I watched him die. I felt his heart stop!"

"I know but- but just look at this."

He grabbed a tablet that he had stolen from Wicked and showed me a picture. I took it from his hands to examine it.

It was of Newt sat in a chair. His hair was extremely greasy and quite long and it hung over his eyes which were staring at his lap. He wasn't in the Wicked uniform that he died in but he wasn't in anything that I'd seen him wear before.

"What the shuck is this?"

"We got sent in this morning, presumably from a Wicked facility not too far from here."

"Not too far from here?" I repeated, "So you're not lying. So you're telling me that Newt, who I watched die, is alive and my mother, who Thomas watched die, is also alive?"

"I am telling you that, yes."

I threw the tablet down on the table and ran my finger through my hair.

"I know. I know it is hard to believe but trust me. Maybe Ava didn't die. She must of somehow been rescued and according to Thomas she didn't die that far from Newt, meaning she would have seen him when they left the build, I think. She was probably already make some kind of plan. Wicked have always had extremely advanced technology, I wouldn't be surprised if they could manage to bring someone back from the dead." Vince explained.

"If you're right and you're telling the truth then we have to kill her and get him back."

"Y/n, that's exactly what she wasn't you to do."

"I don't care!" I shouted.

"No! You're not going!" He yelled back.

"If my best friend is alive then we are getting him back. I'm off to tell Thomas." I went to leave but he grabbed my wrist.

"Let me go." I spat.

"No. You can't tell him. It will be another suicide mission and you know it."

"We got Minho back didn't we? This time Wicked is smaller and we are bigger. We're getting him." I yanked out of his grasp and ran to tell Thomas.

I found him sat at the bottom of a tree, picking strands of grass out of the ground.

"Hey." I stood over him.

Thomas didn't bother to look up, "Go away Brenda."

"Brenda? Rude." I chuckled and sat next to him.

"Oh. It's you. Sorry. It's just yesterday Brenda and I had a small argument."

I didn't want to bother him anymore about whatever went on between them so I got straight to the news.

"We can get Newt back."

His head shot up, "What?"

"Vince said that Wicked has one last facility. Not far from here. My mum is running it."

His mouth opened but I stopped him.

"I know what you're thinking, Janson shot her and a whole ass city fell on top of her. But someone must've rescued her last second and she took Newt with her. She wants us both for our blood, like she always has but now she has him."

"How?" He whispered, "How is he alive? I stabbed him."

"Just to make it clear, you didn't stab him on purpose. And Wicked has the technology bring people back and held them. T, trust me, he's alive. But, he's not okay. Not, with them anyway. We need to go get him."

"I'm so confused." He rubbed his eyes, "I- we should go save him."

"Yes, we should."

"Let's go!" He jumped up and it was the first time I'd seen him smile in days.

I laughed at his optimism.

"We can't, not just yet. We have to get the others on board. Vince is having doubts but I'm sure we'll be able to convince the rest." I stood up.

"I can't believe this." He said softly with a huge smile spread across his cheeks.

—————————————————————
AHH PLOT TWIST. HE'S ALIVE BESTIESSS 😝😝

anyway, it didn't come home. we lost the euros, it wasn't anyone fault and we all played amazing. (if i see any racist or mean comments on anything that happened at the match, you'll be blocked)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.1K 2.9K 24
❝ Promise me this If I lose to myself You won't mourn a day And move on to someone else ❞ COMPLETED. ❨ Book 3/3 ❩ Everything is comi...
4.3K 47 14
The Glade was something you'll never forget, the maze was something you'll never forget. But now that you've escaped it all, the Scorch is something...
191K 3.7K 37
《 BOOK TWO OUT NOW 》 Y/N expected to be fall in love at some point in life. She never expected to fall in love with a builder, who lives in a square...
307K 8.1K 16
The Maze trials are over, now Y/N, Newt and the rest of the subjects must face the Scorch Trials. Y/N and the Maze B girls head out into the Scorch t...