Into The Darkness [#2]

By EmmaNorman_

Blake and Ellie are back but, as with every relationship, there is always something trying to come between th... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN (PART ONE)
CHAPTER SIXTEEN (PART TWO)
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE (PART ONE)
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE (PART TWO)
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE (PART THREE)
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER FOUR

1.9K 101 30
By EmmaNorman_

BLAKE

        As the medics rushed Ellie to the hospital, they refused to let me anywhere near her. They kept assuring me that she was fine and that the pain was normal, they just needed to get her to the hospital.

        But, even when we got to the hospital, they rushed her off to some room and told me I was going to have to have wait outside her. It didn’t matter that she was screaming my name or that I wanted to be with her, they told me that they would fetch me when the time was right.

        So that’s how I came to be sitting in the waiting room with Luca beside me and Jackson opposite me. Neither of them had spoken since they walked in the room and the silence was only making me more agitated and on edge than I already was – I could feel her immense pain through the mate link and it was killing me.

        I just wanted to be there for her. I was her mate and the father of the children she was carrying but, apparently, that meant absolutely nothing to these people. To them I was just another visitor and that meant I had to follow their rules, even though I didn’t like them nor did I agree with them.

        Blake. I heard Ellie’s voice squeak through our mate link. It was quiet but it was loud enough for me to know that she needed me. Second Floor. Seventh room on your right. Come quickly.

        I didn’t need to be told a second time so I pushed myself from the chair and walked out of the room, both Jackson and Luca hot on my heels as I flew up the stairs to the second floor three at a time – it had been close to four hours since they had taken her and refused to let me see her so I was desperate to get to her and make sure she was fine.

        “Blake?” Jackson’s voice shouted from behind me.

        “What?” I growled as I paused at the top of the first flight of stairs.

        “You need to calm down. If you go in there and lose your temper, they’re only going to kick you out,” Jackson replied.

        “Then it would be their fault. Four hours Jackson. Four fucking hours. That’s an awfully long time to keep me away from her,” I snapped back. I didn’t mean to lose my temper with him but my wolf was seriously on edge right about now.

        He could tell that our mate was in pain, that she needed the both of us, but we were being denied that right by people who thought they knew me. It was a joke and if they knew what was good for them then they wouldn’t touch me when I walked into Ellie’s room, they would simply allow me to be with her and our children.

        “I know that and you can lose your temper with them later. Right now, you need to be calm and you just need to keep your head clear. You’re about to become a father and I would think El wants you there for that, not sitting outside the hospital because you couldn’t contain your anger for a few more hours,” Jackson said as he walked over to me and put his hand on my shoulder.

        “You’re right,” I sighed as I took a couple of deep breaths and forced the anger out of my system.

        “I usually am,” Jackson chuckled smugly. The sad case of the matter was that he was usually right and if you admitted that he was right, you wouldn’t ever hear the end of it and he would constantly remind you of just how right he was.

        He was an immature and smug dick at times but that was Jackson. I don’t think he was ever going to really grow up – even though he acted more mature than Ellie, Luca and I in public, as soon as we were in the privacy of our own home, he was one of the most immature people I had ever come across.

        He was the one who could make you see sense though and was the one who made you see things in the right way rather than the wrong way. He was the voice of reason in so many different situations and he knew just how to deal with things, even when everyone else was at a total loss, he would still have an idea which would work. Despite his young age he did actually know what he was doing most of the time.

        I swear Blake. I am not pushing these things out until you get here. Ellie shouted at me through the mate link and she was stubborn enough to actually do that. Even with a doctor between her legs, demanding that she push, she would lay there and refuse to do anything until I showed up.

        “What’s funny?” Luca asked as I laughed into the silence.

        “Ellie. She’s refusing to give birth until I get there,” I told him.

        “You think she would manage that?” Luca asked in amusement.

        “I don’t want to wait and find out. She will murder me herself if I don’t get there now,” I laughed and then continued onto the other set of stairs, taking them three at a time again as I reached the door to the second floor. I pulled it opened with another moment’s thought, Luca and Jackson following behind me as I counted the doors on the right.

        I pushed open the seventh one, as she had told me to, and there she was. Shouting some abuse at the poor doctor who was in the room with her as he told her to push and she told him it wasn’t happening.

        “Good luck,” Jackson laughed as I walked into the room and took the seat beside Ellie, taking hold of her hand in my own and looked down at her. She was covered in sweat and looked like it was genuinely taking everything she had not to push those kids out until I got there – she was seriously a better woman than most I knew.

        “Sorry, but n—“

        “She isn’t going to do anything you tell her to unless I am here,” I told him as I turned my attention from Ellie to the doctor who was at the end of the bed.

        “It’s the rules. No vi—“

        “I don’t give a fuck what the rules say. You want me to give birth, he stays,” Ellie pretty much screamed at the poor guy. He must have been scared of her since he visibly flinched at the harshness of her words.

        “Stubborn one. Isn’t she?” I laughed.

        “Alpha, I can’t bend the rules. Not ev—“

        “Not five minutes ago you were telling me to fucking push. Now you’re lecturing me about having visitors in the room?” Ellie shouted at the man and now I could see the fear in his eyes. It was almost humorous because she wasn’t scary but I guess being pregnant and told what to do doesn’t really mix, especially when they’re as stubborn as Ellie is.

        “Fine. He can stay if it will get you to do as you’re told,” the doctor sighed as a scream ripped through the room and Ellie’s grip on my hand tightened to the point that I thought it was going to go numb from the lacking blood flow.

        “I fucking hate you Blake,” she screamed as the doctor told her to push and he screams tore through the room.

        “I love you too El. I love you too,” I muttered as I held back the laugh which I wanted to release. It would only end badly for me if I was to laugh but I was finally going to get to meet my children, even if they decided that they were going to turn up ten weeks earlier than planned. I was going to be a father and that thought made me smile.

        “And push,” I could hear the doctor call again. “I can see the head Ellie. You’re doing great.”

        “I swear, if you get me pregnant again, I won’t be responsible for my actions,” Ellie growled as he hand wrapped around the shirt I was wearing and she pulled me towards her face so that our noses were touching. Damn she wasn’t a woman you wanted to mess with right now so I wasn’t going to try my luck.

        I valued my life far too much to be stupid enough to open my mouth and say something which only give her a reason to kill me. Luca had told me how crazy women could be when they were giving birth – they would tell you how much they hated you and they would insist they were never going through it again but that was a promise they were never able to live by.

        Luca had also told me that, if I valued my life, I wouldn’t make comments about how she looked as she was giving birth. Luca had made that mistake and it earned him a black eye, which Charlotte apologised for once she had given birth to their daughter but she said that she didn’t regret it.

        It’s great when you have a friend who has already been through what you’re about to. They give you all the helpful advice as well as all the comments where they mock you and take the piss for their own amusement.

        “One more push Ellie,” the doctor said and as she pushed the door opened once more as a nurse walked through with blankets and she was quickly followed by three more people who were bringing in things you would think they would already have set up given that they knew there was a pregnant woman coming in.

        “That’s it baby. You can do it,” I whispered with a smile, putting a kiss on the top of her head as she scrunched up her eyes and hissed as she gave one final push, seconds later the cries of one of the twins filled the room and the doctor handed them to the nurse as she did whatever it was she needed to do.

        “One down. One to go,” the doctor sighed.

        “I see someone passed Maths while they were at school,” Ellie muttered.

        “You are one of the worst women I’ve had the misfortune of delivering a child for,” the doctor suddenly replied and I was surprised by his comment and, judging from the gasps which came from the room, so were the other people in the room.

        “You realise who you are speaking to. Right?” I asked him in a low tone.

        “Yeah. Someone who seems to think that, just because she’s the Alpha, she can break the rules. Someone who has done nothing but abuse me since she was brought into this room. And someone who definitely doesn’t understand the meaning of the word respect,” the doctor snapped.

        “Blake,” Ellie’s voice whispered from beside me and I looked down to see that she was suddenly drifting in and out of consciousness.

        “El? Come on. You still got another one to go,” I said in a blind panic as my hand moved to her head, pushing her hair out of her way.

        “No. I c—I can’t do i—it,” Ellie said.

        “Yes you can. Just a few more pushes and we can meet our babies,” I told her with tears in my eyes as a soft chuckle left her lips.

        “So—Sorry Blake,” she whispered as her eyes closed and her breathing suddenly slowed.

        “El? Ellie?” I called but she didn’t answer. Her head fell to the side as the monitors she had been attached to before started beeping before the one measuring that she didn’t have a heartbeat. “W—What’s happening?”

        “She needs to be taken to surgery,” one of the nurses told the doctor who was simply sitting there, watching her as her life slipped away before him and I was almost sure I could see a smirk on his face.

        “If she dies, I will fucking kill you,” I shouted as I threw myself towards the doctor.

        “She deserves everything she gets,” and the smirk on his face was obvious as he stood up and removed the gloves he was wearing, throwing them in the bin before he stood to the side and watched with no emotion on his face.

        “I don’t care that you hate her or that you want her dead but I do care that you’re about to let both her and my child die,” my voice was the only thing I could hear as my hand wrapped around his throat and I pinned him against the wall.

        “Blake. Let him go,” Jackson’s voice was full of authority and I didn’t have any choice but to let him go. “Luca, take this dick to the cells. I will be there to deal with him later.”

        “If she dies because you didn’t want to do your job, I am being serious, I will fucking kill you,” I growled as Luca dragged him out of the room, him laughing manically and I could tell that he didn’t give a stuff what happened to him – the death of Ellie would he like a small victory to him and he would be famous with the people who still hate Ellie.

        “Beta. I am Doctor Lira Parker. The Alpha is about to be wheeled to surgery but you need to keep him here for us to be able to do our job properly,” the doctor smiled weakly at Jackson and I looked behind me to see that her bed was being moved out of the door, a nurse doing something which looked like she was putting oxygen back into her body.

        “Ellie. No. Ple—“

        “Blake. They will help her,” Jackson said softly, pulling me back into the room before I could follow after them and demand that they allow me to be there with her

        “I will come here when I know more of the Alpha’s condition,” Lira replied and she too walked out of the room, leaving me with only Jackson and one of the nurses who were cradling my child. I walked over to her with tears in my eyes, wanting to see who it was and hold them, I wanted to protect them and show them I loved them already.

        “You are one lucky man. He’s gorgeous,” the nurse smiled before handing my son over.

        “Th—Thank you,” I whispered and she nodded, walking out of the room leaving me with my son. She was right, he was gorgeous and I was one lucky man, but Ellie was an even luckier woman. She was the one who had brought him into the world and now she was fighting for her life, fighting for our daughter’s life.

        “What’s his name then?” Jackson asked.

        “Maxwell. It was the name of Ellie’s real father,” I replied as I forced the tears to stay at bay.

        “She’s going to be fine. She’s a fighter and she won’t give up that easily,” Jackson tried to reassure me. My eyes never left Maxwell as he spoke and I couldn’t help but smile at him. He was my son, my child.

        “Maxwell David Lex Jackson. He’s my son,” I muttered as I used my hand to move the blanket away from his face, his eyes opening to reveal a beautiful pair of blue eyes looking up at me and his small hand wrapped around my huge finger. “We have a daughter too. Nicole Janette Jayne Jackson.”

        “And she’s going to be fine too. You will see Ellie and your daughter,” Jackson said and I hated the confidence which was in his voice. I wanted to believe him but there was something inside me which couldn’t shake the feeling that she wasn’t going to be fine. A small, niggling feeling which was telling me that neither of them were going to survive this.

        “I hope you’re right Jackson. I don’t think I could handle losing her.”   

- Emotional? Right? This was going to be a sweet chapter but then it sort of developed a mind of its own and this is a chapter which pretty much wrote itself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 73.1K 49
Book 1 On a werewolfs sixteenth birthday, they finally are granted the senses to seek out their mate. Alyssa and Amy have been friends all their life...
2.3M 51.4K 30
BOOK ONE TO THE "Rejection Series" Ellie Martin had been harassed and ignored since the age of 13. She was once the child that always smiled, alwa...
83.4K 2.1K 17
A girl on the run. An alpha of a pack. One life changing meeting. ************************************* Sapphire is a girl on the run. After finding...
8.3K 357 17
" I love you Annabelle. You're my forever, you're my always, you're my amazing little rebel, and you're my troublesome little mate " This book could...