It Started With a Bet

By ChhaviGupta51

Siddharth Jindal is a young Dermatologist. He is everything a girl could want in her life partner... He is ta... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Epilogue
Epilogue cont.
Hello friends
New book

Chapter 57

7.1K 707 213
By ChhaviGupta51

Shruti's POV

Papa asked about Nihal and I told him everything. He was shocked to hear all that.

"  Nihal is not like that, there must be some kind of misunderstanding. I will talk to him. He is a very good and responsible boy. I am sure, he must be feeling very bad by now. " Papa said.

" There is nothing like that... I think you should not talk to him. I don't know, how he used to be, but now he is anything but good and responsible.  He was misbehaving with him and if you will try to talk to him, he might do the same with you. "

" What nonsense ?? Of course, I have to talk to him. He is the only son in our family. We can't afford not to talk to him. I will make him realise his mistake. "

" Papa, he has changed... He does not even respect Tauji. He didn't even bother about his health. He was even reluctant to bring him to the hospital. But since, I could not leave him there dying, so when I decided to bring him here he had to come. "

" But he came... How would have you managed without him? "

" Papa, I am as much educated as he is. Hence, I am as capable as him. As it is, he did nothing more than being a driver. I could have done that too. "

" I don't want to argue with you. You could do that because you had his support. "

" No, I could do that because I am educated. My senior doctors and colleagues helped me,  Nihal did not. All he is concerned is about his share in the property. "

" Ok, fine... You have done a good job. But Nihal is the only son of the family. I need to bring him back on the right path. "

" As you wish. " I said.

Papa tried to call Nihal but he didn't even pick up the call. But my dad kept trying. I knew that he would not come. 

I went to enquire about the amount that was to be paid.

" Shruti? What are you doing here? " Siddharth saw me near the cash counter and asked.

" I wanted to ask, how much money is to be deposited? "

" Don't worry about that, it will be taken care of. I took permission from the authorities, to let Vikram treat the patient as the senior cardiologist is on leave. "

" Oh great !!  My father is asking as he would have to pay, if the most responsible son, according to him, refuses to do that, which I am very much sure he would. "

" Sarcasm?? "

" I told him everything still he thinks that Nihal is a good son.  He will realise the mistake and will talk to his dad. He didn't even want to bring his dad here. My father said that I could not have managed without Nihal.  "

"  Is it?? Then we will make him realise that you are much more capable than this Nihal. "

" There is no use ... I am a girl and according to him sons are more capable. He just drove us here. I could have done that too. "

" Wait and watch... We will make them realise. Now come with me and eat something. I know you have not had anything.  Don't spoil your mood. Everything will be fine."  He said.

Just then his phone buzzed, he took the call.

" Yes, bhai??... Oh, you are here. I am at the reception only. Please come in. " He said.

" Love, just go to your dad, we will come to the ICU along with the cardiologist here. " He said and  I nodded. I went to inform my father of that. 

" Papa, Vikram bhaiya has come," I said and just then I saw him coming along with Sid.

" Shruti?? Why didn't you call me yourself? You are Vidhi's best friend. So you are like a younger sister to me."

" Thank you, bhaiya... I brought him here last night. But just now, I got to know that he needs to be operated and the senior cardiologist is not here. "

"  Don't worry, I will operate him. " He said.

" Thank you, Doctor Sahab. Please, save my brother. " My dad said.

"  Don't worry uncle, just thank your daughter that she saw his condition and brought your brother here in time.  She is a brilliant doctor to have anticipated his symptoms and acted immediately. Well done, Shruti !! " bhaiya said.

" Thank you, bhaiya... Please save him.  "

" I will do my best. I can't disappoint my two little sisters.  " He patted on my shoulder.

" I will be thankful to you forever. It is so nice of you to come and operate, while you came to attend a wedding. " Papa said to him.

" Don't say that uncle, I am doing it for my sister. Sid has already arranged the OT and completed all the formalities. The patient's family member has to sign the consent form. " He said and went to change into scrubs.

My dad kept trying to contact him. Finally, he picked up the phone and said that he does not have enough money to pay for the operation.

I was disgusted with him. He was earning so well. He didn't have money for his own father? Even tauji was very well to do. He must be having his savings.

" Beta, don't worry about that... Just come here. His Operation is just going to start you need to sign the consent papers. Bhai Sahab would feel better to see you after the operation. " Papa said to him and was quite satisfied that he agreed to come.

Well, my father had to sign the consent form and the operation started. I was thoroughly irritated by now.

" Papa, I will go for my rounds and will come back. " I said and went to my department.

Everyone asked me about my uncle's condition. I told them what I knew. I spent some time here and in the meantime, I happened to meet Dr parth, who had come to ask about my uncle.

I went back to OT. The operation was still going on. After about 10 minutes, Vikram bhaiya came out with a smiling face.

" Congratulations !! The operation was successful. He will be fine very soon now. " He said with a big smile.

Both my father and I smiled and thanked him. My father said, " I can't thank you enough for saving my brother's life, but I would like to pay your operation fee. "

" Oh, come on uncle... There is no need for it. I can not take any money from my sister.  Do you expect me to charge anything from my sister??  How can I take money from Shruti? She is just like Vidhi to me. I already made it clear to the authorities that I will not charge a single rupee for this. This patient is my relative. You only have to pay the OT and other hospitals charges. "  Vikram bhaiya said.

" Wait !! I will talk to the authorities, as Shruti works here and her uncle is her local guardian, she will get a huge discount on the bill. " Siddharth said. I smiled at him.

" Thank you so much beta, you both saved my brother and have made the treatment very affordable."

" It is not because of us, it is because of your very intelligent and doctor daughter. It is all because of her. She brought him to the hospital on time.  I came and didn't charge as she is my sister. She will get a discount as she is a part of this hospital. " Vikram bhaiya said and Siddharth nodded at that.

I looked at my dad for the first time in my life I saw him smiling at me with pride.

They went away and after some time, I went back to my department. But Siddharth was not there.

I was coming back when I saw Dr Parth, talking to a girl in the cafeteria and all of a sudden the girl started crying leaving  Dr Parth in a shocking state. She went away crying while he kept looking at her, standing there.

" Hi! "

" Hi, Shruti !! "

" Who was she?? "

"One of my interns. "

" Why did she start crying?? "

" I don't know... I am trying to figure it out myself.  "  He said looking very confused.

" What does that mean? "

" Nothing, leave that... How is your uncle? "

" He is better, Siddharth called Vikram bhaiya and he operated my uncle. "

" Great !!! "

" Thank you. "  I said to him.

" For what?? "

" For helping me and Siddharth. "

" You don't need to do that... It is my duty as a best friend. Bye take care, I need to go now. " He said and went away.

😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😏😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

Good morning friends ☀️😊

Here is my today's update I hope you liked it please let me know.

Take good care of yourself and have a nice day.

Please vote, comment, share and follow.

Thanks
Chhavi ♥️😍😀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

261K 10.7K 59
At two opposite ends of the spectrum, Bound by the shackles of marriage. Aarav Singhania Rhea Aggarwal Aarav Singhania, a 27-year-old tycoon, The bi...
150K 5.4K 43
Book 1 of Fabulous Four series He believes in living in the moment. She wants everything planned. He believes love is one's strength. She believes i...
358K 13K 49
#29 in India #311 in friendship #5 in readers Choice # 112 in Indian story A boy and girl can't be friends.....typical indian thinking...... is it...
45K 2.4K 100
Shruti and Sid are childhood friends... Due to circumstances,they part ways at the age of 13... 4 years later,they are very happy to see each other i...