Lady Invincible

By zardelia

"Please, Hilise. Please die in place of Gabrielle." My always dignified brother begged me for the first time... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
ANNOUNCEMENT
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 67 (2)
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 78 (2)
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Announcement!
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Chapter 81

1.3K 37 1
By zardelia

* * *

"Hilise."

As Hilise walked out of the garden to see Axion, a true uninvited guest appeared.

Diego showed himself on the road surrounded by flowers.

"You've been in the garden all this time? I was just out for a walk, and it's a coincidence to run into you like this."

Diego's face still showed signs of discomfort but he stood tall and let out a calm voice.

As if he again recognized Axion being in the mansion like when he visited last time, he emphasized the fact that the current encounter was "accidental."

''Ohh I didn't expect to see the head of Berzet here."

Diego then looked at Axion this time.

For some reason, Diego calmly visited them as if he had never had any conflicts so far and peacefully greeted them.

Hilise's cold eyes slipped on Diego's face. She didn't immediately stop Diego, she was just quietly looking at him with mysterious eyes.

Diego rather felt an unknown prick at Hilise's attitude, but ignored it and kept talking to Axion.

"Strangely, I've been seeing you a lot lately, Axion. If you came to Inoaden, why didn't you let me know?"

Diego's attitude was very intimate, although he was not even close to each other.

It was quite a different attitude from the last meeting in the drawing room that he was upset about being kicked out by Axion.

"Hello, I'm the head of Inoaden."

Axion also returned his ceremonial greetings to Diego.

It was a distinctly dry voice, not even comparable to when dealing with Hilise a little while ago. It was cold at first glance in contrast to Diego's friendly tone.

Hillis felt it too and glanced briefly at Axion.

But this was the only exception when dealing with Hilise, originally this was Axion's universal way of speaking.

"What brings you to Inoaden today?"

"As you can see, the head of Inoaden has been in business."

Again this time, Axion's title, which refers to Hilise, raised the fever again, but Diego tried to cut it down.

"I wonder what's so much to do with my daughter. You've never called on me before."

It was a strange sound that she didn't know whether it was a quarrel or not.

At this point, Axion had no choice but to wonder what the hell he was doing.

"In fact, I've heard that these days they often visit the Four Seasons Forest together."

Diego then broached the main point.

That's why he walked into the garden himself when he heard Axion Berzet visited the mansion a while ago.

"Isn't it too revealing to spend a long time alone in such a closed space?"

At the moment Axion paused.

"If anyone finds out, there might be an order, and what might happen in it."

"As you know, it's a place where only the heads of our four major families can enter, so if there's anything dangerous going on with you, there's no one else who can help me."

(That was quite a blatant statement.)

Axion's eyes slightly changed when he realized what Diego was pointing out.

"I'm not doing this because I think otherwise badly of you or because I suspect you. But isn't it the same way parents feel for their daughter?"

Depending on what he heard, Axion's position could have been unpleasant. And now Diego was deliberately using a tone that would make the other person feel bad.

The past Callicia's work and the work in the parlor left a grudge, and it was also to stimulate Axion to prevent him from going to the forest of four seasons with Hilise.

But now Axion's eyes have changed not because of his displeasure with Diego.

"That's right."

(Until now, I hadn't thought about that, but after listening to Diego, I thought it was a situation where I could feel uncomfortable thinking about Hilise's position.)

"So promise me you'll never go to the woods alone with my daughter again."

But Axion decisively cut it off as if there was no room for reconsideration towards Diego, who added strongly as if he was commanding.

"It's not up to me to decide. If the head of Inoaden and I were on the same page, she would follow."

This time Diego's eyes were on Hilise. He spoke soothingly in a voice that sounded kind.

"Hilise, I don't know why you're curious about the four seasons of the forest, but if you really have to go there, accompany the head of Callicia. Otherwise, I cannot allow it."

Although he was mimicking his father, who was worried about his daughter, Diego's eyes were filled with faint malice.

After seeing it, Hilise realized that Diego was now, for whatever reason, is trying to stop Hilise from going to the forest of four seasons.

Of course it was ridiculous that he was worried about her, so he knew what he's saying was a lie.

But on top of that, he said this to his face as if he had deliberately intended to offend Axion, followed by mentioning the head of Callicia

He was really afraid of the scandal and could have thought of it as preventing him from meeting Axion.

Hilise knew Diego better than he thought.

Diego was clear to know that the head of Callicia could not accompany him in the forest of four seasons.

"Axion, I hope you understand. Furthermore, I heard that my daughter came back with a wound after going out together last time... ...and I hope you understand my father's concern."

Diego even mentioned Hilise's hand injury last time, as if trying to persuade Axion again.

Finally, a breath of laughter came out of Hilise's lips.

Diego's mind caught a glimpse.

(I don't know what the hell you're afraid of, to keep her from going to the forest of four seasons.)

"That's funny, what are you talking about when you never thought I was your daughter."

Diego was soon hardened by the slow words that flowed from Hilise's mouth. He looked at Hilise with suspicious eyes.

"Hilise... what do you mean?"

Diego had a stiff smile on his face.

"Who told you that I don't think you're my daughter..."

He didn't think Hilise would come out like this in front of another family member.

"What a sad thing to say..."

It's true. No one knows that only Ricardo and Gabriel are his children in his eyes. If someone knew, everyone would call him the ugly duckling of Inoaden.

The air in the garden froze over Inoaden's chivalry, which was directly mentioned by Hilise.

"If you're in front of me, I'll just leave. Did you think I'd go with your fatherly words because I was embarrassed to tell you the truth about the doorways?"

A cold smile bloomed on Hilise's face toward Diego.

"You're mistaken."

At that moment Diego's face turned white and red again.

"I don't care if there's a spat in Inoaden. I don't care what disgraceful modifiers are attached to my name."

In the meantime, a calm voice continued.

"Unlike my father, who is now anxious about how to shut me up."

In the eyes of Hilise, who added so, there seemed to be frost.

Diego, as Hilise thought, was astonished that she would say this in front of Axion, the head of another family, a Berzet.

There's a degree to it, though Hilise didn't even seem to care.

"So whatever I do, I don't need your permission. I'll do what I want to do as I please."

The cold tone froze Diego's head, preventing him from continuing his thoughts. Now in front of him stood Axion Berzet with a hardened waxy face.

Hilise really didn't seem to care what Inoaden looked like to other families, as she said a while ago.

Not just Diego, but also herself. Otherwise, there was no way he would have been talking without hesitation.

"So don't say rude things to my guests anymore. You don't deserve to be welcomed, you know."

The last time Hilise looked at Diego with a low-temperature eye and added so, Diego temporarily lost his mind.

"Hilise, you..."

The moment the patience that had been barely continuing was cut off, the doctrines burst out of his mouth.

"How dare you go against me now..."

"Father!"

If Ricardo, who ran to the garden at that time, hadn't blocked Diego's voice, he might have forgotten that Axion was in front of him and lost his face even more.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Our staffs are ded pls help x-x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 104 13
One day, I was just going shopping and suddenly I was hit by a truck...? Anyway! I woke up and found out that I was Luke von Ordane. The second male...
8.1M 393K 91
[COMPLETED]✔ Book 1 of The Deliverance Series Ménage--MxFxM 2017 Fiction Award Winner for Best Mature Book. --⊰♥⊱-- "Death would be too good for yo...
108K 7.9K 57
"You know this person?" She asked to you. My heart clenched as my gaze never left your beautiful caramel brown eyes, anxiously waiting for you to re...
535 145 11
An orphan girl makes a living for herself and her little sister, Uma, by pickpocketing off the streets of Manhattan, New York. However, her whole li...