Mind of Mine || ʙᴀᴋᴜɢᴏ x ʀᴇᴀᴅ...

By sugarwastedbk

She had always hidden behind a mask. Y/n had not seen the sun in years, hidden away in the Shie Hassaikai hea... More

breakdown
prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
info
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
Chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
chapter 50
chapter 51
chapter 52
chapter 53
chapter 54
chapter 55
chapter 56
chapter 57
chapter 58
chapter 59
chapter 60
chapter 61
chapter 62
chapter 63
chapter 64
chapter 65
chapter 66
chapter 67
chapter 68
chapter 69
chapter 70
chapter 71
chapter 72
chapter 73

chapter 8

15.2K 494 250
By sugarwastedbk

Bakugo POV

...

It'd been a few days since he last heard his soulmate sing. He didn't know whether to feel relieved or worried about the silence. The old him would've been in a great mood after finally having some quietness.

But the new him... wasn't too sure. The last lyrics you sang felt like they were personal. And he couldn't get them out of his head.

Were you trying to say goodbye?

It felt that way. The words echoing through his head nonstop as if he was trying to figure out a riddle. It was a popular song. But you only sang specific parts.

Were you giving up on him?

Is that why you have been radio silence since?

It was the worst possible outcome. But Bakugo was no quitter, he'd be damned if he let his soulmate ditch him.

Which is why he was training his ass off. To become stronger. Strong enough for the both of you. So that there'd be no reason for you to not want to be with him.

Today's training consisted of battles in close spaces, something Bakugo needed to get a grasp on if he wanted Aizawa to put him on the infiltrating team for the mission.

One wrong explosion as the entire building would come down.

Bakugo was determined to be a part of the badass team, so that meant he had to nail today's exercise. It was like their first year all over again, heroes vs villains.

It was nostalgic to think back about those times, it's been a year. A year ago he was obsessed with beating Deku and refusing to acknowledge his weaknesses. Now, it's more like a rivalry. Sure, he still liked to sucker punch the damn nerd when he had the chance, but Bakugo knew better.

He was better now.

Things were different, he was the hero now and his opponent was the frog girl. A weird combination, but Bakugo knew better than to underestimate his opponent.

There was different ways to play this, he knew she could be sneaking up on him, that was a perk to her quirk. Plus, she could easily immobilize him with her venom.

So, if he wasn't sure where she was, then he would level out the field by making sure she didn't know where he was either.

Rather than letting out explosives, Bakugo warmed up his hands enough to only produce smoke, letting it filter through the hallways. Placing his mask on, he moved forward. If frog girl was smart enough, she would want to retreat and not get caught up in the fumes.

His plan was to corner her, to push her as far back as possible and stun her. The goal here was to cause as minimal damage as possible.

Just as he was rounding the corner, he heard your voice again.

"Look at this stuff

Isn't it neat?

Wouldn't you think my collection's complete?

Wouldn't you think I'm the girl

The girl who has everything?"

He almost gave away his position as a laugh threatened to spill from him. He had spent days worried about you, afraid that he'd never hear from you again.

Only for you to pop out now, of all possible times, singing a Disney song again.

However, this is exactly what he needed. Without having to worry anymore, he could completely focus on the task at hand. Your voice was all he needed to encourage him to move forward.

The smoke was beginning to clear out, which gave him enough time to step back as a pink tongue flew at him.

Gotcha now

With a ferocious look on his face, Bakugo began to run forward. He needed to get up close, since froggy's strength wasn't hand to hand combat, but it sure was his.

"I wanna be where the people are

I wanna see, wanna see 'em dancin'"

He noticed the green that jumped inside the room, and without hesitation, Bakugo jumped straight into the room. He didn't care if he was falling into a trap, heck he didn't even think of that.

All he knew is that he had to pass today.

"Up where they walk

Up where they run

Up where they stay all day in the sun

Wanderin' free

Wish I could be

Part of that world"

Just as suspected, froggy was going to try and trap him with her tongue, but Bakugo had gotten better at controlling the size of his explosives.

With a hand out, palm down towards the ground, Bakugo let out a blast strong enough to lift him in the air and only leave a scorch mark behind.

Once in the air, he twisted around and used his free hand let out an explosion towards the girl. She was quick enough to dodge it, but not completely as the heat touched her legs.

His palms were itching, they wanted to let out more.

Placing both hands together, he faced the girl and released an explosive big enough to shed a blinding light into her face. Froggy, better known as Tsu, could only hold onto the wall dazed.

Before she could even blink the black spots away from her eyes, Bakugo had already taped her hands together.

And just like that, the training was over.

Grinning, he walked out of the training building and towards his friends, who were excitedly waving at him. He sneaked a look at his homeroom teacher, noticing the slight nod of approval sent his way.

Content, Bakugo joined his friends and sat back, listening to them compliment his moves.

"When is it my turn?

Wouldn't I love

Love to explore that shore up above?

Out of the sea

Wish I could be

Part of that world"

The song ended almost too quickly for his liking. He spent most of the time focusing on the battle, and not enough time on the song. It made him wonder who his soulmate was.

Was it someone he knew?

Someone he'd bump into before?

Was his soulmate even near him?

The thoughts plagued his mind, not paying attention to any of the other battles. It had gotten harder to ignore the sensation to search for you.

He had given up on that fantasy long ago, stating that if it was meant to be, it'd happen on its own.

But fuck, can fate hurry the fuck up?

"Based on these evaluations, I have assorted the class into their specific roles for the mission. We will have those that will infiltrate the building alongside Sir Nighteye, Fatgum and I. Others will remain outside and make sure no one escapes. We will have a team focused on transferring any substance Overhaul holds. And then the rescue team. You will find your role and the papers with the details on your desk."

The class hurriedly dressed back into their uniforms before heading back to the classroom, each excited to know their role.

As their homeroom had stated, folders were placed on their desks. Bakugo reached for his as he slid into his seat, opening up. The words 'code red' written at the top. He managed to make it into the infiltrate team.

Under, two names were listed.

Midoriya Izuku

Kirishima Eijiro

Those were the other classmates that were on his team and would move in with Sir Nighteye, Eraserhead, Fatgum, Lemillion and Suneater.

A grin broke across his face, he would finally get to go on a real mission and take down the monster.

The next page demonstrated a map of the suspected building that was housing the villain and the bullets. Based on the layout they drew up, they believed the young girl held captive would be at the bottom, the lowest possible floor, safely tucked away from anybody's reach.

Someone as valuable as her would be highly protected, therefore it was their responsibility to take out those guarding her and rescue the girl before raising any alarms.

If alarms were to ring, they'd stay on mission but stand guard for Overhaul's appearance. Team 'code green' is in charge of keeping their eyes on the villain and help restrain him before he reaches them.

Everything was detailed, from their positions, to their partners, to their points of entrance and what should they do if their plan gets foiled.

It felt real.

Bakugo had to lean back and process that for a minute. This wasn't another training experience or hypothetical drill like that ones they've done here. This was an actual villain, a villain who would kill them without hesitation.

And yet, Bakugo wasn't afraid. This is what he signed up for.

Game on

...

Song: Part of your world from the Little Mermaid [Sophie Anne Cover]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 2.9K 18
By the age of 16 a mark will appear on your wrist with the first words your soulmate will say to you in the color of their eyes. They will share pain...
36.4K 932 72
Moving in Japan alone for her was a nightmare , yes it truly was. Being alone was what scared her the most. She would always blame herself and thinki...
80.1K 1.9K 21
As we all know, Katsuki Bakugou is known to have a hot temper, is cocky, and likes to destroy things. Y/N, a kind, quiet, and cheerful girl. They bot...
225K 7.8K 143
_______________________________ "This is the story of how we became the greatest heroes." _________________________________ Nothing about Miyuki's pa...