Failure (Resident Evil Villag...

By DonutDonny101

Bela is just another failure for their creator, another problem and another pest for another failure. But she... More

New Immunity
New Beginning
Where The Actual Story Begins
2nd And 3rd Day At Work
A Few Months Later...
Lately I've Been Thinking
Next Day, Far From The Last...
Calm Before The Storm
It's Time - For When You Go Away.
I'm Back
Another Beginning
Start Of A Nightmare
Over And Over Again
Long Time No See
It Continues
Observation
Not Yet The End
Far From It.
I Don't Need You Anymore
I'm Still Alive
Before I Go
A Third Beginning
A Plan
The Start Of The Scheme
The Second Path
Hopeful Point Of View
The Red Waters
Hopeless Ending
I Won't Give Up
Preparations
Safety
The Waiting Ritual
Making It Count
This Is The End.
Alternate End

When You Feel Human

484 19 0
By DonutDonny101

Bela didn't bother waiting for September because she didn't want to leave the people she met yet.

Her plan isn't strategic at all, rather it's just plain stupid. For humans it's smart, wise even, but for a bioweapon her plan simply just isn't enough.

Her mother wouldn't be proud of her if she found out what Bela was thinking, because her plan consisted of betrayal and hurt.

The hurt won't be so hurt, depending on her relationship with either Mia or Eveline, but she knows they'd most likely feel betrayed. Humans are gullible creatures physically and mentally, after all.

But she knows Eveline isn't human.

Artificially aged babies aren't human. Even Bela isn't human, she was created, not born from a real mother.

But she forgets about it and continues her work. In the office, it's easy to forget reality until you get back home and face your problems again. But that won't affect Bela, her real home is far from where she is now. Nothing in the human world can bring her back to her actual reality.

It's already August and she still has one more month to stay with the humans she has obviously grown fond of these past few months.

Bela isn't looking forward to leaving Eveline and Mia. Leaving Alan is the easiest, during her time there all he was was a sickly-looking old hag that didn't seem to like her. But he's not actually, Mia told her he was the same age as her husband and she's really young, only 28.

She continues her paperwork and gets at least half done before an announcement rung.

'The departure of the SS Anabelle will be rescheduled to early October. I repeat, the SS Anabelle will be rescheduled to depart on early October.'

Thank the heavens.

That's good, now she has more time to hang out in her office and her new friends.

She had forgotten when she started to call Mia a friend, or Eveline, but supposedly that's how humans are.

She doesn't have a heart but she bleeds, surely she also has room in her made-of-blowflies body to feel the warmth of friendship. She doesn't have a heart but she bleeds, so if she has blood even without a heart then surely she can also store friendship in her nonexistent heart?

Her family is cold, because all of them are dead. The only warm she feels back at home is her room and Donna whenever they accidentally brush past each other. Angie is cold, she is porcelain.

She doesn't notice it but currently she's smiling like a child who's father just bought her the whole candy shop.
Sad she doesn't eat sweets.

But really, just the thought of having friends besides her sisters really made her a little giddy. Thats probably why she looked forward to extending the date of the departing.

Now that she thinks about it... Does she still even want to go back home?

Well of course she wants to go back! She misses her hunts with Cassandra and Daniela!

...but does she really?

She doesn't have a center in her mind, so she can multitask and do multiple things all at once. Her and her sisters are that way because even though they have their own personalities, their flies also do too. Their flies have minds of their own, and those little creatures are the ones under their biology so they basically have all those tiny little minds fused with theirs.

Now that she thinks about it again, maybe that's what Miranda's trying to study with her flies? Maybe, but Mother Miranda isn't that predictable. Right?

Bela shakes her head. She knows no one would answer her thoughts.

Instead, she stood up from her chair and walked outside the room.

Once she was in the halls she thought she should visit Eveline again. The child has never thrown tantrums around her. At least not yet, she means.

So, with that in mind she trekked through the halls and made her way to Eveline's enclosure again.

She also wonders how Mia was doing.

She hasn't talked with her since yesterday, and it's already afternoon today. She forgot what time it is thanks to the piling paperwork, and this time is basically her only break.

While walking she saw Alan nearby. In confusion that he's around in the halls led Bela to approach him.

He turned to her when he heard her footsteps towards him.

"Hey Alan." he only grumbled in response and crossed his arms, still staring at her.

Bela squinted her eyes at him. "Where's Mia?"

"Winters isn't around. Back home with her husband." he answered before shaking her off and walking away.

She figured he wouldn't mind if she visited the child again so she shrugged and moved her way to Eveline's enclosure again.

After a few minutes, she finally reached the door leading to it and she puts her hand on the knob, ready to twist it and go inside.

After inhaling and exhaling for a few minutes, she finally twists it and opens the door.

What she sees really isn't unusual, rather it's... Empty.

No, Eveline is there, drawing something on a small wooden table she now just sees, but no one else is around...

She knows Mia isn't here, of course. It's just- well, it's strange staying in the same room all alone with a bioweapon that can potentially vomit creatures and can also literally dismember you.

Did the Connections tell her which is right or wrong? Hopefully they did.

But when her golden orbs met the child's turquoise ones, she remembered.

Bela remembered she read that this child is unstable. This child is obsessed with the concept of family.

Obsessed. The child is unstable.

Bela may be a–most victims call her a witch but mind you she's not–blood sucker and human eater, but that doesn't mean they have any strange obsessions and for gods sake everybody calls them unstable even though its clear their blood drinking is a condition inherited from her mother's DNA.

But besides that, what she's talking about is the child now smiling at her direction, eyes bright and innocent.

She looks innocent.

But she also somehow makes Bela want to protect her. Is that how humans feel when they see children? All she did before was salivate, wanting to eat them right from their homes, but now she just feels... Protective.

But what makes her forget that feeling is the thought that this child, as said before, can potentially–can actually–massacre a whole group of adults.

A voice breaks the silence.

"Do you want to see my drawing?"

Eveline spoke, her childish voice expecting and slightly shy upon asking her.

Bela nods 'yes' before taking a plastic chair somewhere how did she not notice the furniture around? And put it beside Eveline's own chair, a few inches away from the child's shoulder.

Now she's close enough to see what the child wanted her to see.

The drawing consisted of... Black birds and four shadow figures on the front with a fifth in the middle of all of them.

...

Wait a second is that Miranda in her drawing?

There were wings on the fifth, ten wings, five on each side.

And her mother? Lord Moreau?

She can see Salvatore on the side because of how slumped and hunchbacked the figure is, and she can see her mother because of how tall she is on the drawing.

Supposedly the remaining two were Donna and Karl.

Bela turned to Eveline, the child giving her a similarly expectant look.

"How is it? Is it good?" the child asked, smiling up at her while talking. Bela found it in herself to nod but not before asking.

"Who are those people?"

Bela pointed her finger to the silhouettes and Eveline followed her finger.

"Um, I saw them in my dream. I found them interesting so I drew them. Is it good?"

She added the answer and the question from earlier. Smart girl.

Bela nodded, answering her question while standing up. She's had enough of this.

But before she can stand up fully, she felt small hands tug on her sleeve. She left her right hand there on the table while standing up as she used it to hold on to while standing up, making it carry her weight. She was slightly shocked to see Eveline now staring at her with wide, childish eyes.

"Where are you going?" she asked and Bela sighed under her breath.

She gave Eveline a smile for easy escape.

"I still have work to do."

"That's what mommy always says."

Bela freezes. Mommy? As in Mia? She needs to press this, she's too curious.

"What do you mean?"

Eveline took another paper and started scribbling abstracts on it, seemingly unfazed of Bela's sudden high tone.

"Mommy said she still had work to do. When she left today she said she had work and that she'll come back, but she didn't." she continued, now starting to draw birds, still black.

Really? Bela thought. Alan said Mia left and went home, but was she still in work? It doesn't seem likely she'd lie to Alan. Nothing gets past that man.

Bela started to hesitate to who she should believe. But no matter how bitter Alan is he doesn't lie...

With that in mind she started to think Mia lied to Eveline.

Eveline continued to doodle on her paper, obviously signalling she can leave now. Bela started to move again and after a few seconds reached the door.

She was about to open the door to leave before a voice spoke up again.

"I think mommy lied to me."

...

She didn't waste any more time there and left without answering the child.

Her voice at the end seemed... Deranged. Like she was trying to hold in laughter.

Is this what they mean by unstable? No, she needs more proof.

She can't just call a child insane when she only had one reason to do so.

...

She's feeling strange. Is this fear?

Fear because of a child?

She doesn't have a heart but she feels a thud in her chest. And then another. And then it grew faster.

She was scared and it was because of that child.

But why? Only humans fear bioweapons.

Maybe this is because she's grown soft around humans?

She shakes her head. There's just no way she's scared of that kid. She's not a human...

But the thuds in her chest proves her wrong.

She doesnt have a heart, does she?...

She leans on a hall corner, away from the working employees and scientists.

She bleeds but she doesn't have a heart... God she does have a heart! No one can bleed without a heart!

Did... Did her flies do this? Did they construct her a heart? A human heart? What imbeciles! Now she's vulnerable!

She won't accept this. But the thudding keeps on proving her wrong... Is this why Mother Miranda took her flies?

Because ever since she got this strange immunity she's been the center of attention, most of it from Miranda herself.

Maybe because her flies can construct things, Miranda took them to mimic something? After all, her flies can construct things they see, kind of like copy them.

Her body is hers, obviously, but it wasn't originally hers because her flies only mimicked the body, making it theirs, creating who she is now.

Maybe that's why... Does Miranda want to bring back her daughter through her flies? No, no! That's stupid!

...maybe? She doesn't want to think about it. She didn't have a pulse until now... Did her flies create her a heart just now that she talked with Eveline?

That's strange...

But she can always demolish it whenever she wants.

But she feels like she'll die if she does...

...

She knows now. She thinks she knows now, she means.

Every second she stays in the human world her flies are turning her human as well.

And that's the strangest thing in her journey so far!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

283K 9.6K 46
Y/n was a cheerful girl who always take care of her dad. she was living on the village with happy peoples until..mutants attacked their lands and kil...
13.7K 443 6
F!Reader insert. You dont know where you are. You dont know where you are and you get caught by vampire fly whateverthefucks. And their three meter m...
134K 4.8K 20
[ᴇᴛʜᴀɴ x ꜰᴇᴍ!ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ] "There is no baby here," she narrowed her eyes, "Ethan Winters." 𝙄𝙉 𝙒𝙃𝙄𝘾𝙃, a woman's life is turned upside down because o...
8.4K 394 18
A heretic comes into town to visit an old friend but instead she gets roped up in the Scooby Doo gang problems to stop the original family, meanwhile...