burst | alex summers

By clfverr

"i love who you are, don't change because other people say you look different. your difference is what makes... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five

thirty-six

269 9 0
By clfverr

"How could you say that Corinne?" Alex asked before pulling away from her, Corinne felt her heart racing and shook her head before pushing past him. She noticed Erik and Raven talking to each other and Erik suddenly caught her gaze, "Corinne," he whispered, "Embrace who you are, you can fight them," he said with a nod. Corinne stared at him and quickly sighed before shaking her head and forming a forcefield, she closed her eyes, crossing her legs she floated in the air. 

"Embrace who I am," she muttered softly, "Who am I though?" she whispered before suddenly feeling the familiar chill, she felt her spine shiver. "Carter, what are you doing here?" she asked curiously, "Are you the one behind this?" she whispered. No, he isn't. But he is important. He is your brother. "So you know who he is," Corinne muttered finally, "He's apart of you right? That's how I got some of his abilities right?" she asked curiously. 

You're smart Corinne. Corinne frowned and nodded, "Who are you?" she asked quickly, "Aren't you going to tell me why you're controlling me?" Corinne muttered angrily, "You have no right!" she shouted, "This isn't right, how are you even doing that? This is my body, my soul, my mind you can't just change how I feel all the time, I'm sick and tired of it!" she snapped before her forcefield broke causing her to have scratches all over her. 

Corinne frowned as she heard the voice again. You know who I am, or you know who I know. Don't you? Corinne bit her lip and stared at the ground thoughtfully, "You know Carter?" she asked curiously before staring past the trees, past Alex, past the others. "Carter did this on purpose didn't he?" she whispered, "He killed Abigail's family, lured me to Berlin because he knew Apocalypse would be there right?" she asked quickly. 

She watched as Carter phased in front of her and he smirked, "How did you find out?" he asked curiously. Corinne sighed, "Why are you doing this? You made me look like a freak," she whispered confused. Carter sighed and grinned before snapping his fingers, the scenery changed and they were back at their old house. Corinne frowned confused, "What are we doing here?" she asked curiously. 

Carter smiled, "This is where your powers manifested," he said before looking around, "And that- is who we're looking for," Corinne broke her forcefield and stared at the dining table in disbelief, sitting there was her father. She placed her hand on her mouth and she shook her head, "This is an illusion right?" she asked, Carter stared at her innocently and Corinne sighed before walking towards the table, "You were the voice in my head, I thought I recognized it," she whispered, "Why are you turning against everyone else?" she asked. 

Her father, who still looked around her age stared at her evenly, "My Corinne, you truly still don't understand don't you?" he asked before beckoning her to sit next to him. Corinne shook her head and frowned, "I don't care, what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be dead?" she asked suspiciously. Carter stared at her and sighed before walking towards their father, "No, he's been alive for a while Corinne," he said. Corinne felt her heart drop before she frowned, "But we saw him get killed!" she whispered. 

"You're so gullible Corinne," Carter said with a laugh, "It was all a plan, everything," he muttered, "The fire, his death, all for your powers Corinne and now that you are your true self you can rise like you were meant to," Carter said confidently. Corinne frowned and shook her head before feeling tears in her eyes, "You guys lied to me?" she whispered in shock. "Why would- why would you do that?" she shouted, "Is my whole life a lie?" 

Corinne stared at her father who gave her a worried look, "Don't pretend you care! I hate you!" she shouted before slapping his face angrily. "You- both of you lied!" she screamed as tears streamed down her face. "I hate you, what is the fucking point of doing this, just so you can use me?" she cried before looking at her brother. Carter stared at her and shook his head, "No, no, we were hoping you'd help us," he said quickly, "Don't be upset Coco, we did this for you," 

"What the fuck?" Corinne snapped, "Do you think I wanted these powers?" she slammed her hand on the table and stood across from her brother and her father. "And I thought you changed Carter," she whispered, "I thought you were my brother again but you weren't right? Because all of it was a lie! Where's mom? Where's Callie?" she shouted. Carter flinched and looked away from Corinne before looking at their father, "Mom and Callie left," Carter muttered, "Right after you ran away," 

She stared at her father who seemed to be a little upset, Corinne scoffed, "As they should," she muttered, "I'm guessing they also knew you were alive," she said. Her father nodded and quickly sighed before staring at Corinne, "You're my daughter Corinne, you have to help us," he said quickly. Corinne scoffed and shook her head before rolling her eyes, "I will never help you," she muttered angrily, "Get out of my life, I don't want to ever see you guys- both of you! I don't want to see any of you again, I don't care what you were trying to do. Just keep me out of it!" 

Carter stared at Corinne and she could tell there was something he wanted, there was always something. She sighed, "Just stay out of my head please," she whispered, "I don't want to hurt Alex anymore, I love him, shouldn't you be happy for me?" she asked softly, "Don't ruin this please," her father stared at her curiously and Corinne felt her heart racing quickly, what were they going to do to her? "We won't hurt him as long as you do what we ask," her father answered, "Who is he anyways?" 

"Don't you already know who he is?" she asked confused, her father stared at her and blinked before sighing, "I can send you messages, I see glimpses of your mind but I can't tell your emotions," he muttered, Corinne rolled her eyes before scoffing and shaking her head in disbelief, "He's my husband you bitch," she snapped, "And the people you want me to kill, they're my family." she muttered angrily. Carter stared at Corinne expressionless and sighed before walking away, "Where are you going?" she asked, "I'm not finished," 

Carter looked back at her and gave her a surprised look, "Authoritative," he muttered, Corinne stared at him confused before he looked at their father, "She has it in her, but she won't do it, you know how stubborn she is," Carter finally said, "Just let her go," Carter stared at her expressionlessly and Corinne stared back curiously, he was helping her, why was he helping her? "One second, I want to talk to her alone," her father said, Corinne looked back at her father and rolled her eyes as Carter walked away. 

"You want the horns off?" her father asked slowly, Corinne blinked surprised before looking away from him. "Corinne, I'm your father, I can tell you don't like them," he said quickly. Corinne looked back at her father and blinked as she stared at him with disgust, "Don't even try, you're a horrible father, and I wish you weren't mine," she whispered shakily. "Don't think you can just waltz back into my life and pretend everything was okay, I had to leave our house at 15 and live with strangers!" she shouted before feeling her whole body shake. She lowered her head as tears fell from her eyes onto the table, "My whole life is a fucking lie and you think you can just talk to me as if it never happened?" 

Her father stared at her and sighed, "Corinne everything we did was for you, you should feel grateful," he said calmly. "Don't be upset, and try to think of our perspective, how we thought of it Rinn-" Corinne slapped her father hard and shook her head quickly before grabbing onto his neck, "Don't call me that," she warned, "You don't deserve to call me that!" she shouted before squeezing onto his neck making him choke. 

Her father tried to touch her but she surrounded herself with a forcefield, "Carter!" he rasped loudly, she heard gunshots and quickly closed her eyes, "You can't kill me, you made me this way father, you better thank yourself for your own death," she squeezed onto his neck hard and her father thrashed around begging for air, "I'm- I'm your father you wouldn't kill your-" he tried to say, Corinne scoffed and stared at him furiously, "I killed people I liked a lot more than I liked you," Corinne whispered as she leaned towards her ear, "You're no different than the rest," she snapped his neck and he fell limp. 

Corinne dropped him onto the ground and stared at his limp body before kicking his face, "You tried to kill me didn't you?" she asked before looking up to face Carter, he stared at her surprised and Corinne quickly phased in front of him, "I'll kill you first," she whispered before trying to grab his neck, Carter dodged it and quickly punched her stomach quickly. "Do you think Alex would want you killing your own family?" he asked curiously before pushing her onto the wall. Corinne blasted him down with her ability and smiled, "Alex isn't here," she grabbed the gun from Carter's hand and pointed it at him. 

"You won't kill your own brother," Carter whispered before trying to touch her, Corinne felt her hands shaking and he smiled as she put the gun down. "You lied to me," she muttered angrily, "Why did you lie to me Carter?" Corinne felt the tears sting in her eyes, blurring her eye view, she kneeled onto the ground in front of her brother and she felt his arms around her. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry Coco, I'm so sorry." he whispered gently, Corinne pulled the trigger and placed the tip of the gun on his heart. "Do you wanna know how I feel right now?" she asked slowly, "Like this," she shot the gun and her brother fell limp in front of her. 

She stared at her brother who gave her a shocked look and she looked away without any regret, "I'm sorry Carter, I really liked you." Corinne whispered before making his eyes close. Corinne stood up and brushed her shirt down before breathing out, "I'm sorry we had to end things like this," she mumbled to herself, "I truly am," she looked around confused before closing her eyes. Alex and the others weren't just going to accept her back right  away, she'd need to hide for awhile before going back to the school. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114K 3.7K 42
Your heart thumped loudly in your ears yet it felt like you weren't breathing. "Oh my-" Charles spoke. "Is it really you?" You looked at the people...
30.3K 1.1K 40
"Mutation is the key to our evolution. The process is slow, normally taking thousands of years. But every few hundred millennia, evolution leaps forw...
45.8K 2.9K 24
A Cherik Wild West AU: Mutants in the Wild West. Charles Xavier finds himself crossing the entire ocean to America to find his sister Raven. Howe...
149K 4.6K 28
𝐀 𝐖𝐎𝐋𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐄/𝐎𝐂 𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄 ☆ ❝𝐋𝐨𝐠𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐨𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐞, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐉𝐨𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚... 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧❞ 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝟏 𝐢𝐧...