We're Different Than the Rest

By Chuch1ofPant0ra

Aayla and Bly grow closer to one another every day of the Clone Wars. An AU of Blyla where the Clone Wars end... More

Chapter One: The War Begins
Chapter Two: Corellia
Chapter Three: Maridun
Chapter Four: Chat
Chapter 5: Aftermath of the Zillo
Chapter 6: Battle... Again
Chapter 7: Are You Okay?
Chatper 8: Training Sabers
Chapter 9: Holo Night
Chapter 10: Sparring Tournament
Chapter 11: 79's
Chapter 13: Afraid, General?
Chapter 14: Undercover
Chapter 15: The Gala
Chapter 16: Injured
Chapter 17: Safe At Last
Chapter 18: Medbay
Chapter 19: Promoted
Chapter 20: Leaving
Chapter 21: Gone Away and Back Again
Chapter 22: With You Till the End of the Line
Chapter 23: Chancellor Defeated
Chapter 24: Stolen Moments
Chapter 25: Going to Sicemon
Chapter 26: The Perfect Start Part One
Chapter 27: The Perfect Start Part Two
Chapter 28: A Warm Welcome
Chapter 29: Lothcats In the Meadow
Chapter 30: Payback
Chapter 31: The Invitation
Chapter 32: The Scheme
Chapter 33: Coruscant
Chapter 34: Reunion
Chapter 35: The Zothique
Chapter 36: Before We Leave
Chapter 37: Going Back Home
Chapter 38: Work in Progress
Chapter 39: The Crushing Palace Wall
Chapter 40: The Offer
Chapter 41: The Answer
Chapter 42: Setting A Date
Chapter 43: What We've Been Waiting For
Epilogue: Two Years Later
Sincerely, The Author

Chapter 12: Food Fiasco

465 10 3
By Chuch1ofPant0ra

A Week on Coruscant: Day 5
21 BBY
7 Months After Geonosis

.oOo.

Reno was quite pleased with how well the events (that he had set up) were going. He had earned 243 credits and gotten in a fist fight, a satisfactory week to his standards. Today was what he was most excited about: baking. Not necessarily the actual baking, but the cookies and food fights.
The 327th had already made around six-hundred cookies when Reno decided he was bored.

"FOOD FIGHT!"

"Not again. Watch out Aay- General, these get dangerous." Bly said as he threw a meiloorun towards Delta.

Aayla joined in and chucked a jogan fruit at Reno, which splattered all over his face, which made him happy. About two minutes into the fight, Reno decided he needed to add some more excitement. He grabbed the jug of Alderranian honey and threw it somewhere random. The fight continued for another ten minutes, which was too short in Reno's opinion. Aayla was covered in meiloorun guts and flour, like most of the battalion. Bly was the lucky clone who had gotten in the way of Reno's Alderranian honey attack, along with Sid throwing oats in the crowd, both of which were stuck on his clothes and in his short hair. The clones quickly filed out of the kitchen to clean up, but Aayla kept baking since she didn't mind the mess.

"Help?" Someone croaked from the corner, Aayla followed the source of the sound to find Bly trying to walk away.

"Bly?" Aayla doubled over in laughter. "Sorry. You do not look funny. Not at all." She managed to say between fits of laughter. "Sorry."

"Could you get me to a sink? Someone threw sugar and it got in my eyes."

"Yeah." It took a few minutes, but Bly finally got the sugar out of his eyes and started working on getting the honey and oats out of his hair. "Need help, Bly?"

"No, I think I- Haar'chak!"

"You okay?"

"I might need a little help. And shampoo."

Aayla grabbed Bly's hand and dragged him to his quarters after stopping in a supply closet to get extra G.A.R. regulation shampoo. She filled a cup with water and stood behind Bly, who was sitting on the shower floor. After staring at Bly's hair, Aayla started laughing hysterically.

"What?"

"The boys really got you good." After twenty minutes of failed attempts to get sugar, honey, meiloorun guts, and oats out of Bly's hair, Aayla
spoke up. "Bly?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"Is hair... sensitive?"

"No? What do you mean 'sensitive'?"

"Well, lekku are sensitive. Extremely sensitive."

"Really?"

"Yeah. They have meaning too. And a mini language."

"A language?"

"Oh yeah. I could be having a whole conversation with another Twi'lek and no one would know."

Bly chuckled. "Have you ever done that?"

"Nah. No one else at the temple learned it."

"Oh."

Aayla worked for another half hour. "Done! I think all of it's gone."

"Thanks."

"You're welcome." Aayla stood up and gasped.
"The cookies!" She sprinted to the kitchen, only to find the smell of incredibly burnt cookies.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

508 5 11
A bunch of mini-stories / one shots over a variety of settings/scenery's set in the Clone Wars. From modern to celestial to fantasy to anything in th...
9.4K 292 15
Always an angel, never a god anakin skywalker / prequels © saturnsokas, 2022 cover by @wrensofvizla
15.9K 498 26
Anala isn't a fan of Anakin Skywalker, but little did she know he was about to turn her whole world upside down. "I can't stand you" "I know" THERE W...
1.6K 126 9
── for where all love is, the speaking is unnecessary. it is all. it is undying. and it is enough IN WHICH A WOMAN FALLS THROUGH SPACE ...