Second Chances

By 1Dperfxox

Julia isn't the girl who gets all the guys. She finally gets her first boyfriend in her senior year of high s... More

Second Chances
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
*UPDATE*
Chapter Forty-One
***UPDATE***
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
KIK
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
**UPDATE**
Chapter Fifty
**UPDATE** & Chapter Fifty One

Chapter Nineteen

142K 1.8K 49
By 1Dperfxox

~A/N~

Ohmygod you guys gave me so many votes! Thaaankyouuuu!

I'll try to make this chapter extra long!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*Julia's P.O.V:*

*Flashback*

(***Btw if you guys haven't caught on, when I write flashback, Julia's dreams are her flashbacks. Except for the one with Niall, that was a dream but unless it says nightmare or whatever, it has already happened!***)

I was falling in and out of consciousness. The room was spinning and I could only make out shapes of things.

As I laid on a bed, I saw a figure moving around the room.

Have I been drugged or something?

I was too scared to move.

Was this a dream?

I heard a voice, but it was barely audible.

My sides hurt and my eye was swollen.

What happened?

How did I get here?

Where am I?

All these questions started racing through my head, making me really nervous.

I opened my eyes again as I felt the bed shift from someone else's

weight.

A body was hovering over my own.

"It's good to see you're awake again, baby."

I knew that voice.

The voice that gives me the chills.

The voice that makes me cringe.

Josh.

I don't want him near me. I don't want him in my presence. I don't even want him on the same planet as me.

That's how much I despise him.

"Go... away." I managed to get out of my mouth. I was slurring words and had utterly no strength. I was as weak as a four year old.

What did he do to me?

He laughed.

"But we love each other, remember?"

Feeling his lips press against my cheek and slowly make their way to my lips, I felt the anger building up inside me.

I had enough.

"GET OFF OF ME!" I yelled and tried pushing him off.

Forgetting that pushing him would be no help at all, he just laughed and pushed me down with more force on the bed.

I tossed and turned and squirmed, trying anything possible to get out if his grip.

My stomach dropped.

I felt a wave of nervousness come over me.

I stopped moving.

I was frozen.

I heard Josh's obnoxious laugh as he pressed a cold, metal object to my head.

"Don't move, or else..."

Scared he would pull the trigger, I obeyed.

Who knew what he was capable of.

*End of Flashback*

I woke up as confused as I've ever been.

What time is it?

Where am I?

That's what I get for taking a nap.

I got up off the couch and went into my kitchen. I opened the fridge and poured myself a glass of milk.

The digital clock on my stove read 10:47.

My birthday was in almost an hour.

I went back into my living room and turned the television on. Grabbing my phone from the table, I had 3 missed calls and a text from Kate and a text from Niall also.

After responding to them, I sat around for the next hour. I wasn't tired and I had nothing better to do.

The second the clocks changed and it was now my birthday, my phone blew up with texts wishing me a happy birthday.

Of course two of them were from Kate and Niall.

I texted everyone back a thank you and decided to go to bed or else I won't wake up until the afternoon. What can I say? I like sleeping.

I untucked my comforter and fell onto my bed. My eyes immediately closed and I was fast asleep.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Wake up!" I was woken up to two voices and the smell of French toast.

"Wha- How did you guys get in here?"

"Let's just say I know how to pick a lock." Kate winked.

"Oh-" I was cut off by Kate screaming 'Happy Birthday' and then hugging me.

"You have to get up! There's so much I planned to do today! I'll go fix you a plate of French toast!" She said running off into my kitchen, leaving me and Niall alone in my room.

I yawned. "Sorry, I'm not a morning person."

"I can tell." Niall laughed.

I stretched and got up.

"Happy Birthday!" Niall said with the cutest smile plastered on his face and his arms wide open.

Without hesitating, I let him embrace me in a hug. I couldn't resist his adorable smile and plus, I was in a good mood considering it was my birthday.

My head rested on his shoulder and I had a perfect view of my doorway. Kate walked in with a plate of french toast. As much as I wanted to devour the syrup drenched breakfast, I shooed her away with my hand.

"I'll just leave you two alone." She said ruining the moment.

Niall and I quickly let go as things grew awkward.

"So... uh wanna go get breakfast?" Niall asked running his hands through his hair.

"Sure." I grinned and we made our way into the kitchen.

My plate was sitting on the table calling my name. I joined Kate at the table, and without a word started stuffing my mouth.

Kate and Niall looked at me as if I hadn't eaten in three months.

"What?! Can't a girl eat? This is my favorite and plus, I'm starving! And it is my birthday, so leave me alone!" I laughed as I filled my mouth with more food.

I will be using the birthday card as an excuse for today.

They laughed and Kate began rambling on like she always does.

"Okay, so once you finish eating, go take a shower. I'll do your hair and make up and I'll pick out a cute outfit too! And then we'll go out..." She kept talking and I was too busy eating so I zoned out.

I just nodded and swallowed.

Finishing my meal, I placed my plate in the sink and returned to the kitchen.

"Go shower!" Kate demanded.

"Okay, geez." I laughed.

"I'm gonna leave you guys to do whatever you girls do. I'll see you later, Julia." Niall said.

I got up and followed him to the door.

"And don't worry, I didn't forget your present. You'll get it later." He winked.

Oh yeah. How could I forget? Now the suspense will be killing me all day.

"Ooooo can't wait to see what it is." I joked around.

"So I'll see you later." He smiled and hugged me again before leaving.

I wasn't expecting that.

I have to get used to this whole hugging thing.

I closed the door and turned around to find Kate standing there with a grin from ear to ear.

"He totally likes you!" She teased.

"You're funny."

"C'mon!" She slapped my arm. "Are you blind? Do you see the way he looks at you?!"

"Yeah, he looks at me like he looks at everyone else." I shrugged.

"I wouldn't be too sure of that..." She winked.

I rolled my eyes.

"Now go in the shower! I'll pick out a cute outfit from your closet."

I did as Kate demanded. When I came out of the bathroom with my towel wrapped around myself, Kate was in the living room and my bed room was empty. I made a run for it and closed the door.

I found a black sequin pencil skirt and a bright pink top laid out neatly on my bed.

I got dressed and walked over to my mirror.

Wow, I would've never thought of putting these two together. I really liked it.

My hair was semi dry already and I walked over to Kate, who looked like she had made herself at home.

"You. Hair. Now." I said.

"Gotcha." She said and followed me to my bedroom. "I need your blowdryer and straightener."

I grabbed the items from my draw and plugged them in the nearest outlet. I handed Kate my brush and she began to work her magic.

She rolled the brush under each section of hair and dried it within seconds.

She spent the next half hour straightening my hair. I haven't straightened my hair in the past month. I normally just leave my hair wavy because that's all I have time for.

When she finished, she quickly did my make up really light. She was done and told me to go look in the mirror.

I stood in front of my full length mirror and was pleased with my reflection. My hair looked so much longer than normal and my makeup looked fantastic thanks to Kate.

I thanked her and she dragged me out of my flat.

For once, I felt confident going out in public.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~A/N~

This took forever to write! Vote and comment and I might post another chapter later!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

186K 5.5K 23
Niall wasn't afraid. He wasn't afraid to give his heart away and fall inlove, Zayn was. Zayn put up walls so nobody could in, Zayn couldn't allow him...
2.8K 77 22
(ONE DIRECTION - NIALL HORAN) Victoria goes to visit her cousin in England. He used to be like a big brother to her, but they haven't spoken in nine...
9.6K 1.1K 73
What will happen when Niall gets himself into trouble endangering his loved ones? Especially the one he cannot live without. Read the book to find ou...
7K 263 50
Maggie Ramos was a 16 year old ordinary girl.She doesn't have the perfect body everyone expects her to have. She took her sister Molly and her best f...