Deranged

By Its_Totally_Makayla

A mysterious tunnel stands in Carter's town. Ever since a little girl, she was told to always stay away from... More

Deranged
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Update
Hello...
IMPORTANT!
Rewritten version uploaded!

Chapter Forty Two

71K 3.4K 1.5K
By Its_Totally_Makayla

READ THE PICTURE! WHO WANTS TO BE IN AN INTERNATIONAL GROUP FRIENDSHIP AND SLAY THE WORLD!... AND POSSIBLY MEET EACH OTHER CAUSE LETS FACE IT, I REALLY WANNA MEET EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU!
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
______________________________________

Carter's Point of View

"This. . . This was your home?" I whispered, getting no response. I watched as his adams apple bobbed, gaze still fixated on the old picture.

"I barely recognize it," He stated as he sat on the bed in the middle of the room, suddenly making a creaky noise. "God, everything's coming back to me."

I slowly sat next to him and waited for him to speak up.

"My mum and her boyfriend. Those two would endlessly grope each other right in front of me and my sister. She didn't really care for us at all. Had to learn how to survive on our own." He shook his head, leaning both elbows on his knees. "I can clearly remember waking up on my eighth birthday, excited to open presents. It took me a while, but I noticed the house was too quiet. So, I searched downstairs, expecting to see my mum having couch sex with her boyfriend. I know I panicked because I searched every nook and cranny." He took a deep breath. "I thought that they had gone out to get me a gift, but then three days passed and I knew I was on my own."

I reached out to grab his hand, squeezing it tightly. I could hear the quiet banter coming from the floor below us. No doubt they were planning an escape while we were here, or so I would think.

"Carter," Harry whispered. "Please. . . Please don't leave me again." I watched as his chin started to tremble, though no tears were building in his eyes.

"I won't ever leave you, I promise. Please don't cry," I begged, cupping his face, skin feeling oddly cool in such heated weather. "Are you alright now?" I watched his head bob only once, signalling a yes. "Do you want to go back out there?"

He held up a finger, telling me to hold a second as he stood from the bed and walked toward the closet. He pulled the two doors open and let out a long sigh. It took a minute for him to pull out a ton of clothes. he dropped them on the bed and sorted through it.

"Change into this," He instructed, holding up a plain white t-shirt and a slightly ripped pair of blue jean shorts. "They were my sisters. She was a little younger than you, but they'll fit."

I nodded and took the clothes from his hand and waited for him to point out where the bathroom would be. He just stared at me with eyes of almost. . . Lust.

"Change here."

I smiled and shook my head. "I'll find the bathroom myself." I turned around and the door was suddenly being blocked by a tall and lanky body. "Perve," I jokingly huffed.

"Like I haven't seen you naked, darling," He smirked. Looks like he was back. I sighed and dropped the clothes on the floor, slowly and hesitantly pulling my muddy pajama shirt off. I quickly grabbed the white t-shirt and pulled it on, daring to get a glance at Harry. He was watching me with a hard and hungry gaze, making me feel self-councious about everything. I pulled down my very muddy pajama bottoms and reached for the shorts.

"Stop staring," I nervously mumbled.

"Don't think I can," He grumbled whilst I finished buttoning my shorts up. I let out another sigh, then smirked at Harry.

"Your turn."

Though, he smirked back at me and pulled a similar -- bigger -- white t-shirt from the pile, along with black skinnies, making me frown.

"My mum's boyfriend's clothes," He explained, quietly. I shivered in disgust and watched as he teasingly slid his ripped shirt off his toned body. I couldn't stop staring at his tattoos, wanting to trace my fingers along the black ink nearly all day. Then I snapped out of it, knowing we had frightened guests just down the stairs. Once he finished sliding into the skinny jeans, making it look so easy, we made our way out the door and towards our guests. When we entered the living room, their chatter awkwardly ended, everyone staring at everyone.

"Are you going to let my friends and I go?" Liam quietly asked, fiddling with his fingers.

"I'll think about it," Harry responded.

"How long will that take?" Liam replied.

"Dunno."

Then even more silence until five awkward minutes later, their blonde friend started to stir awake.

"He's waking up!" Zayn announced, relieved and happy.

"Wha-? The fuck? Where. . . Where am I?" He spoke, voice all scratchy and hoarse.

"You alright, Ni?" Louis aked, earning a crazy look.

"Fuck no, I'm not alright! What the fuck was that back there? Those fucking green things?" He cursed at us, frantically scanning the room and suddenly landing on Harry. "You," He seethed. "Fuck! You fucking twatbag-"

He abruptly stopped as soon as Harry came barreling toward him.

"Harry! No!" I reached out to grab his bicep, which was no use. He was stronger than all of us in this room combined. "Please, don't hurt him, Harry!"

He winded up on top of the blonde boy, one big hand wrapped around his pale neck.

"This fucker doesn't know who he's fucking talking to," Harry growled, glaring hard at the boy.

"Please, get off him-" Louis pleaded.

"Don't hurt him!" Zayn begged.

"Harry, please!" I cried out, looking around for something, anything to make him stop. I noticed shattered glass on the kitchen floor, making my heart sink. I could spot tiny specks of dried blood against the sharpest piece. I walked over to it and picked it up, examining it. "Harry," I quietly spoke, watching as he turned his head toward me, hard expression immediately dropping.

"Carter, put that down," He demanded, standing from where he was about to choke someone to death.

"I-Is this your blood?" I asked.

"Move away from the glass," He glared at me, gently nudging me away from the glass, taking the piece of shard out of my hand.

"Is it?"

He stood for a moment, staring at the pieces.

"I was on my own. Whose else would it have been?" He stated, darkly. I watched as he suddenly walked over to the front door, stopping and turning toward the four boys watching him in fear. "I'm going to the store a few miles down. Don't fucking try anything." He opened the door and then paused again. "And if you so much as frighten her, I won't hesitate to fucking slit you apart."

They gave a brief and scared nod, watching as he slammed the door shut. It was quiet for a while, all four on edge.

"Doesn't he s-scare you?" Liam seemed hesitant to ask me. I slightly shrugged, not wanting to respond.

"What do we do now?" Louis questioned, carefully sitting on the dusty old couch.

"We wait for that freak to come back," Niall responded.

"He's not a freak," I stated, crossing my arms.

"Whatever you say, doll face. Not like he tried to kill me a few seconds ago," He replied.

"You're just asking to get killed, Niall," Zayn hissed, bumping shoulders as he walked past him to sit next to Louis.

"Beats being fucking kidnapped," He spat back, glaring at me. I narrowed my eyes at him, the three watching eerily.

"You should clean up your attitude if you want to get on his good side," I stated.

"Too late for that, princess."

"You annoy me."

"Good. Cause the feeling's mutual."

• • •

When Harry arrived in the middle of the dead night, I was relieved. I couldn't stand anymore bickering from Niall. That blonde haired boy can argue all night if he wanted to.

"Eat up," Harry demanded, handing me the junk food he had bought--or stolen. I am guessing it was the latter. I nearly finished the entire big bag of chips, only feeling half full.

"I'm so hungry," I groaned, watching as Harry continued to eat his late night snack. I stole a few from his bag, knowing he wouldn't care.

"Was everything ok when I left?" He asked. I sat still for a moment. Besides the bickering between Niall and I, things were quiet and as awkward as they were before he had left.

"Everything was dandy," I finally replied. Then, he could sense something off so well, like it was a secret power of his.

"Something the matter?"

I shook my head and bit my lip. "Just tired is all." He didn't seem to buy it. I groaned and threw my head back. "Harry, I'm really tired. I'll answer your questions in the morning, I promise."

He sighed and rolled his eyes. "Alright, fine." Kissing me on the lips, he dragged us toward the familiar bedroom and crept onto the bed, not bothering to get under the covers. Probably nasty bugs under there. . . Or everywhere.

"Goodnight, Harry," I whispered, closing my eyes and snuggling up to his side.

"G'night, Carter," He kissed my forehead and wrapped a protective arm around me, making me feel instantly safe. For once, I smiled and lulled myself to sleep, feeling a at least bit comfortable.

______________________________________
Author's Note -

If you read the picture and really want to be apart of it, don't be afraid to send me your Kik and I just might put you in the group chat. :D

I should start picking in a few hours.

Don't forget, I love you. No such thing as all, just you. ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.6K 1.8K 31
Cover by @ ClaraMorgane26 :)))) A story in which a myth about a spooky monster town that lived on the other side of the mountain is true. Monster!Har...
2.5K 74 29
Bailey Maze is a 21 year old who is shy around people she doesn't know. out with her friend at the mall Bailey get's bumped into by no other the...
Candles By e

Fanfiction

275K 12.7K 61
[C O M P L E T E D ✓] They were curious. They both had their own share of secrets. He was a man living in the present. She was a woman living in...
375K 7K 57
Some secrets are better left untouched. Some stories are better left untold. But what will happen when they start to unravel only to cause more pain...