Cinderella, The Monster Slayer

By RunUCleverBoy

Meet Elektra Potter. She's quiet, reserved, an introvert and unconditionally beautiful (though she denies the... More

Cinderella, The Monster Slayer
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21 Part 1
Chapter 21 Part 2
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
The Ballad of The Monster Slayer

Chapter 4

7K 297 33
By RunUCleverBoy

If there's any mistakes, please let me know. I tried. I hope you guys like it. I work really really hard on this book. Of course, I want you guys to like it. Thank you :)

************************************

The sound of the bell ringing blared into Elektra’s ears. She snapped her head up, surprised and saw that everyone was leaving the class.

Crap, she had fallen asleep again.

She was deadly tired from last night and she didn’t have enough sleep at all. With her evil stepmother and minions tiring her even more this morning, she was tired as ever.

“Dude, you better be glad that I told Mr Henderson there you weren’t feeling well.” Her friend Chelsea spoke while grabbing her bag from the floor. “He didn’t buy it at first but when I said that it was the womanly thing, he freaked out and left.”

“Thanks Chels...I’m sorry.” She said sleepily as she rubbed her tired eyes.

“You don’t have to apologize. What I do want to know is what did you do last night for you not get enough sleep?” She asked as both of them got out of their seats and headed to the cafeteria.

“It’s nothing. I just couldn’t sleep.” She lied.

Chelsea turned her head at her and looked at her with worry on her face. “Is everything okay?” She asked.

She always wondered about her not being able to sleep properly. A few times, Ela had told her about the nightmares and her dream about her father. She felt sad for her friend and worried for her. She wanted her to be happy. She was a great girl and she deserved to be happy.

Ela smiled, touched that her friend had cared about her. “I’m okay. It’s not the dreams. I was just unable to sleep properly.” She answered.

Chelsea still looked unconvinced but she let it go. “Alright...but you know if you need anything, I am here for you.”

“I know Chels, I know.” She said with a smile.

“Anyway, where is that lovely hunk that you have your eyes on?" Chelsea asked with a teasing tone.

Ela rolled her eyes at her friend. “I don’t know. Maybe he’s sick or something.”

Elektra wasn’t surprised that Blake wasn’t in school today since last night happened. She hoped that he was fine and that Henry did a good job on covering for her. She was glad that he didn’t come because she was afraid that he would still remember and would ask her questions. She didn’t want him to look at her like she was a freak. She didn’t want people to treat her differently. Even if that wasn’t the issue, she was just not comfortable with his heated stare on her.

“I saw him at the party last night.” Chelsea mentioned.

Ela’s attention was caught immediately. “You did?”

That explained him being out there at that time but she wondered why did he take the road near the graveyard? No one ever walked there at night. There was a story about that place that made almost everyone in town not to walk there at night but seeing that he was the new guy, he probably didn’t know about it.

“Yeah. He was pretty much alone...but damn, that guy is sexy. You should have seen what he was wearing that night. He was smoking hot.” Chelsea exclaimed.

Oh, I know, Ela said in her mind. That outfit he wore last night indeed made him look ten times hotter. Ela shook her head at that thought. No, no. She couldn’t think of him that way.  This seriously has to stop. She couldn’t go on liking this guy. She was a Protector and he was a normal popular human being. That’s definitely not a good match.

************************

The sound of flesh ripping and blood dropping to the ground could be heard in the middle of the graveyard. Anyone would have shivered from that sound but not her. The sound of it made her know that victory was hers. She ran across the graveyard and fought, her body moved swiftly and gracefully as if she was dancing more than killing the creatures.

One by one, the dead fell to the ground, turning into ashes before vanishing. The sword in her hand shone as the moonlight hit it. From another eye, it looked beautiful yet deadly.

She turned around, plunging her sword straight into the zombie’s chest before she pulled it out and slashed the head of a zombie next to it. Blood splattered all over the place, her clothes bloodied and her face present with droplets of blood.

Ignoring the blood on her face, she ran and sliced the dead that were on her way, ending it with a jump, turning her body around as she plunged Excalibur into the zombie’s head. She sensed the presence of the dead behind her and in response, her elbow meet the dead’s face.

“Do you guys never learn not to sneak up on a protector like that?” She said, swinging her sword gracefully.

The dead stumbled back and to it’s surprise, her fist connected with its face, making it groan in agony before she swung her sword with strength, cutting the dead’s body into half.

She looked around her, her body still on guard, her grip on her sword still tightened. When she realized that there was none left, she let out a sigh of relief and relaxed.

“Well done.” She turned her head to see Henry smiling as he clapped his hand.

“Thank you, thank you.” She replied with a mock bow. “So, how did I score?” She asked.

Henry shrugged with a playful smile on his lips. “Well, it was good but your performance seemed a little bit shaggy. I have to give it nine over ten.”

Ela chuckled as she walked towards him. “Well, thank you dear judge. You weren’t too bad as well.” She said.

Henry smiled as he wiped the droplets of blood on her face. “Well, I learned from the best.” He replied.

She smiled and started walking out of the graveyard. Henry followed her, walking by her side. Her smile was gone and seriousness was plastered on her face. “Don’t you think it’s weird that the zombies are rising earlier recently?” She asked.

Henry frowned, placing his knuckles under his chin. “You’re right. It is earlier tonight than yesterday. I didn’t notice that.” He spoke.

Ela nodded and turned her face to him. “Something’s up. I have to look back at dad’s files and run few researches in the computer. I have a feeling something’s huge is going to happen.”

“...And I will look around and hear for any weird news.” He added.

Ela gave him a nod and smiled. “Will do. Thanks.”

“You’re welcome little one.” He replied.

They both realized that they had reached the gate and got out of the eerie graveyard. Henry glanced down at his watch and lifted his head to look at Elektra with a smile on his face. “Well, since it’s only two, I believe someone’s going to have a good night sleep tonight.”

Ela grinned in happiness. “Yeah, finally. I really need some sleep.”

“You should, little one. We’ll start the research tomorrow, alright? You need to get some shut eye.” Henry said while stroking her hair.

“Alright, old man. I’ll see you soon. Goodnight.” She said, placing a kiss on Henry’s cheek before jumping on her bike and took off.

She was glad that she’s able to have some sleep tonight. She really needed it after a long and tiring day. She remembered the softness of her bed and the fluffy pillow that’s so nice for her to put her head on. Oh, she was sure going to sleep and make the best of it, as she would have a long day coming for her soon.

*****************

It wasn’t a surprise that it was another long day for her. Georgina had asked her to do grocery later after work and she had to work extra hours again just because she had to. To make it worst, she had tons of homework and she still needed to do that research and kill more zombies tonight. It was killing her.

She let out a groan as she dropped her head on the table. She had lots to do and she wasn’t even sure she could finish her homework in time. Just when she thought, it was going to be a good day because she had a good night sleep.

“Sweetie, it’ll be okay. You’ll get to finish it in time.” Chelsea said before sipping on her drink.

“I don’t think I will. There’s so much to do, Chels. I am doomed.” She replied, adding another groan at the end of her words.

Chelsea chuckled as she placed her hand on her friend’s shoulder. “You will. Stop being so negative. Tell you what, I’ll help you with the grocery. Okay?”

Ela’s head snapped up, her face brightened with a smile. “Really?”

“Yeah.” Chelsea answered with a shrug.

Ela beamed as she leaned forward and hugged her friend. “Thanks Chels.”

“You’re welcome.” She answered. “Now, let’s finish lunch and get to class and prayed that it won’t be so boring.”

After lunch was over, Ela departed from her friend and made her way to History class. The class was half empty when she reached it. So, she took her favourite seat, which was at the back, next to the window.

Since her teacher wasn’t here yet, she took out the book that she was reading at the moment, Night Circus and read it. Soon, she heard more people entered the classroom but she wasn’t bothered to look away from the book as she was too engrossed in it.

When she heard the scrapping noise of the chair being pulled back next to her and smelt that unique scent that drove her crazy. All her concentration on the book disappeared. Her heart started to pick up its speed as she could feel his gaze on her.

Oh god, she thought.

The people in the class stopped talking and Ela took that as a sign that Mrs. Langdon had entered the class. She closed her book, stuffed it quickly into her bag pack, and focused herself to the front but not before glancing at the handsome man next to her.

It was a horrible mistake as their eyes met and she was immediately sucked into those coffee brown eyes. Oh, how she wished she didn’t stop to look at him and now, she wasn’t able to look away. His eyes were glued on her. A flash of emotion appeared in his eyes but he broke the contact when Mrs. Langdon’s voice was heard.

“Alright class. I have an announcement to make and I hope you will lend me your ears for a while. It’s very important, so I advice you to listen carefully.” She stopped for a moment to clear her throat. “I’m not going to waste time, so I’m just going to tell you straight away. You have to do a report about a historic event that made a huge change to people.” Groans and whispers from the students were heard but Mrs. Langdon continued.

“ It can be about anything. Just make sure you guys don’t copy things from the internet and actually write a report on it. Plagiarism is not allowed. If I found out that any of you did it, the marks will be zero. This assignment covers forty percent of your marks. So, do it properly.” She said sternly. “...and one more thing, it is a paired assignment and being the teacher I am, I’ll be the one choosing your partner.”

More groans were heard and Mrs. Langdon had to chuckle. Ela on the other hand was nervous as hell. She wasn’t good at pair working. Hell, she’s not good at working in a group either. She didn’t talk much and she was super shy, pair work was going to be bad but she needed that forty percent.

Mrs. Langdon announced the pairs while Elektra’s heart beat rapidly. Almost all names were announced and it left her with Blake and four other students. She hoped that she wouldn’t get Blake as her partner. That would be major trouble.

“Ms. Potter, since you’re the A-student in this class, I’m pairing you up with Mr. Conrad because he certainly needs your help in history.” Mrs. Langdon spoke, raising her eyebrow at Blake.

It was almost the world defied her. Why in the world was he her partner? She could have gotten that goth girl over there or that computer geek, and she would be okay with that but no. It had to be Blake Conrad. She let out a groan, soft enough that no one was able to hear it, she hoped. She heard a deep chuckle and she turned her to the sound and found that Blake was looking at her in amusement. A soft smile was playing on his lips and it made her heart melt looking at him. Oh, dear.

Yup, this was going to be horrible. Truly horrible.

Mrs. Langdon started her lesson soon afterwards but not before Ela glanced around and saw Reina giving her the evil eyes. She figured it was because she got Blake for partner and she didn’t. Oh, come on. It’s not like she was asking to get Blake as a partner. Maybe this wouldn’t be so bad at all since she got to rub it in her stepsister’s face. 

Elektra soon looked away and stared at Mrs. Langdon as she listened to her lecture. She tried her hardest to concentrate even though there were so many things going on her mind. With Blake being her assignment partner, the grocery shopping she had to do later and the research on zombies waking up earlier than ever, her head was about to explode.

The bell rang and it brought relief into her. She couldn’t wait to just finish this day, go home and maybe sleep if she could. She picked up her bag and stuffed her book in it before checking out her phone. There was a text message from Chelsea, telling her that she might be a little late and asked her to wait for her at the school’s car park. She responded to the message and pushed her phone back into her pocket.

Ela was surprised to find the classroom empty. Man, they were sure eager to get home or maybe she was just as slow as a sloth. She slung her bag on her shoulder and walked to the door. Just when she was reaching for the doorknob, the door flew open. It hit her forehead and she stumbled back a few steps. She lost her balance and was about to fall but a strong arm that sent sparks into her soul immediately went around her waist, prevented it from happening.

She let out a small gasp as her eyes met those gorgeous coffee brown eyes. His eyes were locked onto hers, staring at it intensely. Their faces were merely inches apart and she could feel his warm minty breath on her face. Oh, dear god, she thought as her heart pounded frantically. Her eyes couldn’t help but to stare into those brown eyes. They were filled with warmth and gentleness that the butterflies in her stomach just had to flutter.  His eyes then glanced down at her lips, making her heart skipped a beat.

Oh dear, oh dear.

“Yo, Blake! Are you done?” Blake’s friend, the guy with the sandy blonde hair’s head appeared at the entrance. Ela heard Blake cursed in a low voice as he loosened his arm around her, finally letting her go. She took a few steps back from him and stared at the floor, refusing to meet his eyes, as she was too embarrassed to do so.

“Yeah, Owen. Just give me a minute.” He said, or probably barked.

It was quiet again and she could feel his heated gaze on her again. She decided to be brave enough as she raised her head to look at him.

“It seems that whenever I meet you, you’re always falling off your feet.” He said with a chuckle at the end. There was a soft smile on his face, his eyes looking at her in amusement.

She stared at him for a while before speaking out. “Umm...thank you.” She said, thankful that her voice didn’t waver.

“You’re welcome.” He replied.

Silence filled in the room once more and both of them were acting awkwardly. Their eyes met again and out of a sudden, both of them burst out laughing from the silly awkwardness.

Ela’s heart melted hearing his laughter. It was beautiful, deep and rich in happiness. She wished she could hear more of it. It was as much as addictive as his scent. Their laughter died down after a few seconds. Blake straightened his body and cleared his throat before he spoke.

“Umm...I came back to ask you for your number since we’re doing the assignment together. So...” He stopped as he took a deep breath. “Can I have your number?” He asked.

Ela looked at this incredibly handsome man in front of her. Did he just ask her for her number? She noticed that she was zoning out and Blake was waiting for her answer. She shook her head and answered him.

“Yeah, sure.”  He grinned and took out his phone as they both exchanged numbers.

After the exchange was done, the silence returned as they both stared at each other. It seemed that they both couldn’t take their eyes off each other. It was like once their eyes met, they were locked tight and it was hard for them to pull away. There was just something about him that interested her and there was just something about her that made him wanting to know her more.

 Owen’s voice broke their stare once more, telling Blake that he really had to go now. Ela’s face was flushed from the result of his heated stare and hers on him and Blake replied to his friend gruffly, telling him to just give him a minute.

“I have to go. I’ll see you at the day care later and maybe discuss about the assignment?” He asked, his voice somehow sounded hopeful.

Oh no. She had grocery shopping, zombie research, killing, and even homework to do later. She wasn’t even sure she could talk about it. On a second thought, maybe she could. Since he’s picking up Kate later maybe she was able to talk to him while she’s working. It would be okay since the kids weren’t so much trouble, Daniel was there and Georgina rarely went to the day care.  Besides, the look in his eyes and his voice just made her unable to turn down his offer.

Ela gave him a small smile and nodded. “Okay.” She replied.

Relieved filled his face before he grinned happily at her. “Alright. I’ll see you then.”

“Yeah, see you later.”

“See you later, Elektra...and try not to fall too much when I’m not around.” He said with a smirk before walking out from the classroom and disappeared from her sight.

She stood there in shock at his words, her face flushed with embarrassment and anger. The nerve of him to embarrass her like that! Although, she also noticed how her body shivered when he said her full name and how she craved to hear it again.

Oh, dear. She was in huge trouble.

*************************

So, thank you for reading. I hope you guys liked it. Like  I said, I work really hard on this book. It would be nice to have more people read. So...if there's anyone out there who is reading, thank you. I appreciate it and I hope you share it with your friends. I love my readers dearly and read every comment. Thank you for reading.

SHARE

COMMENT

VOTE

LOVE YOU GUYS...who's actually reading this humble book of mine.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 175 20
A little girl around the age of 3, lost all of her memories after being kicked outside of the house by her adoptive parents. She never met or remembe...
400K 13.4K 81
She's Rosalie Amber Stan. A simple teenage girl, who made a wish to have a more adventurous life, was a victim of a teenage-nap by the Fae queen to a...
55.4K 1.3K 23
I'm not the girl everyone thinks I am. I mean, I am Cinderella' stepsister. But I promise, I'm not evil. I'm just a girl who got stuck with a beautif...
52 5 13
Losing her life and not wanting to go in the light in order to stay with her grieving father, because his sorrowful tears press a deprivation hold on...