โœ“ | ๐ˆ๐‚๐„๐๐‘๐„๐€๐Š๐„๐‘ โ˜๏ธŽ...

By MarienaNight

๐๐Ž๐’๐“-๐„๐ƒ๐ˆ๐“๐ˆ๐๐† ๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฒยท๐—ฏ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ธยท๐—ฒ๐—ฟ โ†ณ (๐—ป.) a ship designed for breaking a channel through ic... More

โ… Profile โ…
โ… Cast โ…
โ… Epigraph โ…
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
โ… Thank You โ…

12

1.6K 50 20
By MarienaNight

no Mercy II

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

The trick of the mission was Reeva got a person from the inside to engage with us.
As the rest of the group went to the front, Jack and I had to stay out in the back of the building.

Our job was to stop just a single police force from coming.
If we did more, we would deem more suspicious than ever.
Only one could give enough time to do the heist and leave.

He used his lighting to get on the roof, as I used my ice.
We both watched from the top as the group went in. Our only assignment was to delay police, cause no major deaths or injuries.

I froze the security cameras and stood by my brother, as we wait for any danger on our end.

"You'd think, they would put us on a real mission, and not play bodyguard," Jack comments.

Though I did agree, I replied, "Let's just get the mission over with."

"I'm serious. We are Mycroft's for godsakes, we are a powerful family, like the von Struckers, and yet we are the ones sitting on the sidelines."

"Maybe, powerful mutants, like us, are gonna be the ultimate surprise. A wild card, you know."

"Better be right. I trained my ass off, just to sit and watch cars pass by. We should be down there, fighting people."

"We are not hurting anyone," I reminded, "Reeva was very specific on that part: no lives should be taken."

"Yeah, yeah, but you gotta agree with me. She has one von Strucker and two Mycroft's, yet she is putting us up as some benchers; our family would be ashamed to see us like is, just some pons than knights."

I furrowed my brows from the way he talked. He had never talked about our family, our heritage of mutant abilities, he never did talk about the power we hold.

I noticed how the clouded sky shined to him. There were bags under his eyes, worse than mine. His normal colored eyes were now dulled and greyed.
I knew he was training himself to the core. He would spend most of his time in the training rooms, for hours, until Esme had to pull him out.

I only responded, "Whatever, let's just get this over with."

I had to stand on the other side of the rooftop, away from Jack, because testing my patience was the last thing he needed to do to me.

"You've gone all weak because of him," He states, "Andy."

"Thought we discussed to keep his name out your mouth."

"You're pissed at me?" Jack smirks, "Weren't you the one that told me to see if Andy was up to something?"

"Okay, fine," I declared, "I was just a scared girl, who wanted to prove her brother wrong of her boyfriend. I am have not trusted Andy, but I assure you, I didn't do it out of ill intentions, unlike you. I was wrong for sending to find dirt, are you satisfied?"

He walked over to me. "I am, but are you still gonna be mad at me, after what you told me to do?"

I rubbed my hands together, trying my get to calm myself down over the conversation. "Depends, are you gonna keep pushing this?"

He stopped himself from speaking more and continued to look over the view.
I admit, I was in the wrong for being angry at the wrong people, but I couldn't blame myself for doing so.

Jack found dirt so I could leave Andy, he did it to prove a point about him, not to do it out of the good intention of wanting to see if Andy was a good man; he never did like Andy, not even if he tried hard. That was my mistake in not realizing the bias.

"But you know it's true. I haven't seen shit from you, not until you had the chance of getting back at Rebecca."

I scoffed, "I was angry at her. My anger shouldn't be the reason why I'd be so powerful. I'm not an angry person. Bitter, sure, but not angry. I caused her to be in a panic attack! My power caused that."

"But it felt good, didn't it? You put her in her place, got the revenge you needed."

"The revenge I regret because I just pushed Andy away even more! Whatever she told Andy, it proved her point. Probably saying how much I'm some monster or something."

The brother laughed at me. The laugh that made me feel like I was being played. "And now we're back to him. You don't realize how much being a 'monster' is a compliment."

"How the hell is it a compliment?" I roared.

"Monsters are powerful creatures. She has a right to be scared of you, you could beat her down in seconds. Fear can lead to power."

All of his talks are just about power.
It was as if he was just obsessed with it, he trains to become stronger, he fights with the intent of fright.

What the hell was going on with him?

Jack came close to me. "You don't need him, because you are a goddamn Mycroft. What do you not get?"

I looked straight into his eyes, "Just because I'm a Mycroft, doesn't mean I just abandon my feelings," I argued, "I loved him, okay? I'm trying to move on in my own way."

"Please, you're pinning over some guy that couldn't give two shits about you. You are an idiot if you believe that he actually cared for you."

I tilted my head, just a slight, walking a short distance away from Jack. I glare at him, as my ice flowed through my hands. "Choose your words wisely, brother."

He saw the power in my hands, which made him react, with charging his body with lighting. "You really think you can beat me?"

"I think you highly underestimate what your little sister can accomplish."

"Oh, really? What can some off-brand Disney princess accomplish?"

"I'd think much more than a lesser version of a comic book hero."

The two of us stood in front of each other, as we dare to make the first move.
It would be stupid to believe that one would go down without a fight, because we each, equally, were fighters.

The man standing before me wasn't my brother from a year ago. He wasn't protective or reasonable, anymore. Only hunger and arrogance.
If this was my brother's true colors, after all these years, then he sure as hell wasn't my big brother.

"I hope you know, fighting you is what I intended. Fighting my sister is what I fear to do the most," confessed Jack.

For a beaking moment, I saw my brother. The Jack I grew up with, that was ripped away and was found again. He was there, still, only clouded and lost, by someone completely different.

"For a man who feeds on fear, to get his powers. It's quite ironic, don't you think?"

Suddenly, Jack got a call from the earpiece from Sage.
Listening to her words, he nodded his head, understanding her instructions.

He turns to me. "Police force are coming."

We both ran to the edges of the building, looking down and around to find the cars of police.

"This isn't over, Lux," He whispers.

"I'm counting on it," I reply, as I scan every street.

It was then Jack pointed to the outskirt streets of the city.
The many red and blue lights hauling their way down to the bank, where we stand.

"Care to do this together?" Jack holds out his hand to me, sarcasm dripped in his voice.

Looking down at his hand, I remembered what fun we had as children, with mutant abilities.
We would hold hands to help one another, to encourage and comfort.

Now, it was just a cuff of power.

"No deaths," I sneered, gripping onto his hand.

Jack closed his eyes, making the clouds in the sky start to glimpse in thunder. With a deep breath, I knew it was my cue to release the ice in my hands, upward.
It reaches to the clouds, where Jack had to take control of it, as I made sure the ice wasn't going to spread out in the clouds, and turn to snow.

"Now!" He shouts.

Jack shot his hand down, directing the lighting bolt to the street where the cops were pulling upon. The lighting carried my ice, as it touched the ground, the ice had taken control and scattered to make the road slicked and tough to travel on.

"We did our job. Let's go," I tell Jack, standing on the ledge to jump down.

I used my ice to lessen my fall as I jumped down, Jack had to do the same with his power.
We came down and walked into the front, seeing Reeva and the two of the triplets already finished with their jobs.

"Mycroft's, what's our status?" Our boss questioned, with the man that had to pull the inside job following behind.

"The first group was just coming our way, almost a few miles away from us," Jack informs.

"Time?"
"Two minutes."

As Reeva guided the man to the room full of the hostages, I spotted Lorna, Andy, and Rebecca pull through.

"All of you deserve to be wiped from the face of the Earth. You're all terrorists, all of you. You'll all burn for this," The director of the bank shouts to us, as Reeva closed the doors of the room they were in. "I hope you rot in hell. You'll pay for this, all of you."

Upon closing the door, Lorna then locks it from the outside.
"Time to go," orders Reeva.

"Wait a second," Rebecca says, "We're just going to let that go?"

"Rebecca, we have to leave," chimes Andy.

I saw the look in her eyes when spoke. It was the emotion of rage, of what the director told us, about us being the bad guys here.

"I'm being serious!" She argues, turning to both Reeva and Lorna, "You know, the whole reason we are here is because these people are hurting mutants, and now we're just like, whatever?"

Lorna said, trying her best to stay calm, "The plan is, we walk out of here."

As everyone began to leave, Reeva warns the girl, with a threat to her tone, "Rebecca, we are done here."

As I began to walk away, I heard the Hoover girl mutter, "Screw the plan."

I was confused by her words, but when I turned back to her, I saw her using her abilities on the hostages.
The screams and pleads, it made everyone gain her attention.

"No!" I shout, running toward her.

The team called her name to make her stop, while Andy, Jack, and Reeva were running to her.

I got her in my grip, using my own strength to make her stop, try to shake away from her focus, but it was too late.
As soon as I touched her, the snapping of necks, the spatter of blood on the glassed doors, I was too late.

Seeing the blood on the doors, I dropped the girl to the ground, staring at what was in front of me.
I was horrified, completely shell-shocked by what she did.
When my eyes laid on her, all she could do was smile.

"Rebecca. What did you do," The dark-haired woman exhaled.

The Hoover girl didn't seem to care. She just kept her smile, even a light giggle. She was laughing at the innocent lives she took.
Some were bad, but almost all of them were blind and innocent to what was happened.

Rebecca killed them all.

"We have to go. Now!" The telepathic girls shout to everyone.

"Let's go, let's go," Jack tells us, pushing everyone to start moving.

The girl didn't seem to mind as she started to run after the blonde girls. The rest of us were too horrified to run as fast as we could.

I felt my feet move, but I couldn't run. My lungs felt as if they were going to give up on me, my brain couldn't make up what was happening.

I felt someone hold my waist and pull me away. Looking down to the floor, I saw a black pair of converse shoes, which I knew who owned.

"Come on, we gotta keep moving," Andy encouraged me.

I listened and got to pick up my pace. My head turned behind me to see that Jack was helping Reeva out of the bank, as her face held terror and grief.

I didn't dare look at Andy's face, as I was too afraid to know how he felt about Rebecca's actions.
All I could tell was that his tense boy and heavy breath were helping me.

The only thought running through my head was that: Rebecca was a monster, this entire time.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.8K 330 21
---๐™ฌ๐™๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™ง๐™ค๐™ฅ๐™๐™š๐™˜๐™ฎ ๐™จ๐™ช๐™™๐™™๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™ข๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™จ ๐™– ๐™œ๐™ค๐™ก๐™™๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™ฅ๐™ž๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ค๐™ก, ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™–๐™—๐™š๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™˜๐™๐™–๐™จ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฌ๐™จ ๐™š๐™ญ๐™–๐™˜๐™ฉ...
43.6K 414 20
Requests are currently closed. Mainly x reader and ship oneshots, but I'll do headcanons too. No smut. Enjoy!
27.8K 787 22
โScreaming, who could ever leave me, darling? But who could stay? ,,I see right through me, I see right through me,, 'Cause they see right through me...
6.8K 78 16
I get stressed from working on serious[ish] projects, so I'll write some h*rny stuff in the meantime!!!! PLEASE make reqweusts ;~; pwetty, pwetty pls...