It Started With a Bet

By ChhaviGupta51

Siddharth Jindal is a young Dermatologist. He is everything a girl could want in her life partner... He is ta... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Epilogue
Epilogue cont.
Hello friends
New book

Chapter 42

8.4K 742 377
By ChhaviGupta51

Shruti's POV

" That is rubbish !!! I don't even like her. She keeps coming to me, tries to be over-friendly. I have never even been on any date with her. " 

"  You are lying!! "

" Why would I?? You trust her more than you trust me?? "  He was getting angry.

" Is it?? Then tell me were you not talking to her just now and  you told her that you will come for dinner and then will discuss things and will come after breakfast?? "

" What??? " He looked shocked and then he started smiling like a fool.

" You are such a crackpot... Why do you always assume things? "  He laughed at me and said.

" What does that mean??? "

" I was not talking to Isha... "

" What ?? You mean you will have dinner and will stay till breakfast with another girl??  How could you?? At least be loyal to Isha. "

" Oh, God !!! Shut up, please...  Do you even know what you are saying? I was talking to Maurvi. "

" Maurvi ??  Don't lie now... How can you have dinner with her? "

"  Because she is in Chandigarh to stay with her parents before the wedding. So she called me to have food with them as I don't like outside food much. And her parents asked me to come. We were going to discuss some plans regarding the wedding. But you got jealous... Didn't you?? "

" No, I didn't get jealous... I was just proving my fact. You might have been talking to Maurvi now but I know that you are in a relationship with Isha. "

" That is not true... "

" I have proof. "

"  What proof?? Where did you get them from?? Show me!! "  He said.

" Isha came to me after that bet incident and told me to stay away from you. Silly girl... as if I was even going to look in your direction again. "

" What ?? What else did she say?? "

" She said, you both were dating and sent me the pictures of both of you together. "

" What nonsense !!! I never dated her. I never spent even 2 minutes alone with her. How can she send you our pictures together?? It is not possible !! "

" So, you are implying that I am lying?" I asked.

" No, but even I am not lying. " He replied.

" Ok, I will show you those pictures."

" You have them?? Show me !! " He said.

I was looking for them and finally found them. I got angry again after just a look at them.

He looked at the picture and was shocked at first and then he smiled.

What is so funny???

" These are doctored," he said.

" These are what?? "

" Fake !! Photoshopped !! "

" Of course, you would say that. "

" Look at this picture closely... You will find out. "  He said confidently.

" I have seen them. I don't need to... "

" Look at them minutely. See this face is mine but body is not. "  He said with a smile.

" What ?? "

" My face is pasted on this man's body. "  He said with confidence.

" I don't trust you... "

" Of course, you would rather trust that Isha or these fake Pictures. "

" Why should I trust you, when I have proof in my hand?? "

"  Look at the proof and compare with me, I am standing in front of you."

" What do you mean ?? " I said looking at the pictures.

" Ok fine !! See his upper arm and neck. He has a continuous tattoo of some dragon there. I don't have any on my body. " He said calmly. He even opened one button of his shirt and asked me to look at his neck.

I was embarrassed to look but was curious to see if he has the tattoo or not.

He was right. Then he slid it off his shoulder and asked me to look but I was feeling shy.

" Come on, angry bird, check properly. I don't want you to doubt me again."

" Yeah... fine !! "

" No look and check... Don't be shy. "  He was smiling.

" Ok !!! There is no need. " I closed my eyes as he came very close.

" No, you need to see. "  He said shaking me.

" Enough !!! "

" So, I proved that the pictures are fake. Are we ok now???  "

" No!! "  I said.

Siddharth's POV

" So, I proved that the pictures are fake. Are we ok now???  " I asked.

" No!! "  She said.

" Why?? I know you feel for me... "

" No way... "

" Then why did you leave the trip just after I abandoned it?? "

" Because your friends were making it difficult for me to stay. I didn't want to make a scene. "

" Listen Shruti, I am sorry for whatever happened. But my only mistake is that I hid it from everyone that we were dating.  But now, I don't want to hide that we have been dating. You are mine and everyone should keep that in mind. " I said.

"  Forget it, I don't want to be with you. "

" You are a liar...

" No !! I don't feel anything for you. "

" Then why were you jealous of all the girls,  I was friendly with??

" You are mistaken... There is nothing of that sort.

" Right...  That's why you still keep my pictures in your phone after 2 years??" I said showing her the picture she just show me.

" What?? Those pictures with Dr Isha? Of course,  I kept them to remind me of my mistake of trusting you. I wanted to remind myself, again and again, so that I never lose to your so-called charm again. "

" Oh, I see ... And how frequently you looked at them??  " I asked and she was almost shocked with the question. Then she looked away as if she was avoiding me.

" Tell me ?? "

" Never... I never forgot that humiliation so I don't need to remind myself of anything. Give me my phone back."

" Oh !! I am so sorry. Let me see the pictures once more, please.  " I said and swiped a few times and saw something else.

I just smiled and looked at her.

" What?? Why are you smiling?? Give me my phone back. "

" What is the hurry, angry bird...?? " I smirked.

The colour left her face all of a sudden. She was shocked as she must have realised something.

" Give. Me. My. Phone. Back. "  She literally tried to snatch her phone from me.

"  No, darling !! Attack me as much as you want, my angry bird, but I can't give you this. " I said with a teasing smile and raised her phone out of her reach. She already came up to my shoulder only so she could not snatch the phone from my hand.

" This is the limit... How dare you?? Who gave you the right to check my phone? " She said.

"  You !! You gave me the right... "

" I didn't... Give it back to me. "

" No way...  You gave me, by keeping my pictures on your phone. First, you explain yourself and accept your feelings for me. "

" No, I have no feelings for you. "

" Then why do you still have my so many pictures in your phone under the album memories? "  I asked and she closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

" They are sad memories. "

" Oh yeah, of course... Fine, I will delete all of them and free you of all the burden. "

" Siddharth, don't you dare to touch my phone! " She almost shouted at me.

" Oh, I am so scared of you, angry bird. "

"  Give it to me !! "

" Sorry!!  Not before I transfer your memories to my phone as well. They are my good memories too. "

I sent them to My phone and saw that she had even saved my number as Sid with a little heart and a smiley.

I looked at her and she looked away.

" What is this Shruti?? You have even saved my number...  Why?? " I asked and she gulped and thought for a second.

" You are my senior and I am assisting you. Of course, I would have to save your number. " She said.

" But then why didn't you save it as Dr Jindal as you address me officially?? Why did you save it as Sid with this cute little heart of yours and smiley? "

"  Please stop all this crap and give me my phone back. "

" No answer to my questions?? It's ok Angry bird,  I know the answer already. You have feelings for me as well. "

" Correction!! I had started to develop a few feelings but then that bet... I saved it before that."

😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

Good morning friends 🌸😍

Here is my today's update, I hope you liked it please let me know.

Please vote, comment, share and follow.

Take good care of yourself and have a nice day.

Thanks
Chhavi ❤️😃😍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 85 8
Sample chapters... She is very sweet and quite childlike, has a different kind of innocence, while he is way too mature. She is too open minded wher...
255 23 11
A heartwarming story of two doctors who never thought that fate will bring them together. They just go with the flow and got that eternal life they n...
119K 6K 37
~ Abhishek Sharma just returned home from the U19 World Cup Tour, bringing back what India owns, the World Cup Trophy. With his return, his cousin...
56.7K 5K 50
Now available on Amazon Kindle as "INNOCENTLY BEAUTIFUL LOVE" "Don't be a spoilsport Aadhu. You can't just back out from a simple dare," said Aayush...