It Started With a Bet

By ChhaviGupta51

Siddharth Jindal is a young Dermatologist. He is everything a girl could want in her life partner... He is ta... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Epilogue
Epilogue cont.
Hello friends
New book

Chapter 41

8.4K 730 225
By ChhaviGupta51

Shruti's POV

There was a knock on the door. Siddharth told them to come in. He seemed normal but the way he glared at me said it all.

Raman and Anita walked in. Anita asked about the surgery and he smiled and said it was fine.

Oh, so he remembered how to smile till now?? I thought he only glared. Or was he glaring just at me?

I was about to go out when I saw his untouched coffee and snacks.

Oh, God !! This man was too much.

"  Sir, please have your coffee and food. " I said as he asked Raman to do some work.

" I am fine Dr Singh. Thanks for your concern. "  He said sarcastically.

" But?? "

" Please, don't worry about me."

" But sir, Shruti is right, you have been working since morning, please have food or your health may suffer. How will you take care of your patients?? "
Anita said.

" I think, you are right... But why don't you join me?? " He said smiling at her.

He smiled and agreed to eat when she suggested?? He even asked her to join him !! I wanted to wipe that smile off his face.

" Oh, no sir, we are full, just came back from the cafe.  But Shruti can join you, sir, she was with you... "  Raman said and Anita nodded.

He was asking her, not you, you idiot!!

"  Oh, she just had lunch with her....friend. She might not be interested in joining me. "

" Indeed sir, I am not interested. "  I said. He glared at me. But I ignored him.

I went to share the video and the observations I learnt during the conversation.

Siddharth's POV

It was evening and they all were winding up to go home when my phone started buzzing.

It was Maurvi... I picked up the call.
" Hi, beautiful?? What's Up?? "

" Nothing I am in Chandigarh, my parents wanted me to spend some time with them as only 15 days are left. "

" Oh, ok !! That's great, but my poor brother... He must be upset. Right?"

" Don't even ask... But you tell me?? How is everything?? "

" Not fine...  " And I told her everything.

"  Just cool down, you make fun of Gautam but you are also like him. She brought food and coffee for you. So that means she cares. You should have talked to her calmly. Send me her number. I am going to invite her to my place for lunch or dinner."

" She lives with her Tauji. So dinner would not be possible. "

" Ok,  send me her number. "

" Ok, I will ... But I will not let her go with him. And even if I have to break Kunal's legs, I will do that. "

" Oh, God !! Hold your horses... listen,  I know you don't like to eat out so come and have food with us. "

" I will come... You know me too well."

" I know ... Bye, come for the dinner. "

" Ok, bye beautiful... I will have dinner with you. And then we will talk about all this and I will come after breakfast tomorrow. Is that fine?? "

" Fine with me. My parents would also love it. Come over.  " She said and disconnected the call.

I was smiling when I looked up and saw Shruti standing in the cabin.

Shruti's POV

I knocked on the door of his cabin as I had to get the keys to my locker. I had forgotten them after I got food for him. I forgot it on the table.

But he was talking on the phone.  So I decided to go in as I just had to pick up the bunch of keys. But  I was shocked to hear him.

" I will come... You know me too well." He said and was grinning.

" Ok, bye beautiful... I will have dinner with you. And then we will talk about all this and I will come after breakfast tomorrow. Is that fine?? " He looked so happy.

Was he talking to Isha??  So finally they made up. Why not??  After all, she is his girlfriend... But then why was he giving her so much attitude here when she came today.

He was planning to stay with her to discuss things. What kind of discussion needed the whole night?

I didn't know what he saw in her.

He looked at me and was a bit surprised.
" Yes?? "

" Sorry to disturb you but I forgot my keys here. "

"  Hmm take them. "

" Thank you, sir. "  I said but he came towards me.

" Shruti,  you will not go anywhere with him. "  He said in a serious tone.

" Why??  It is mandatory to attend it.  I have to go out with someone, so why not him? "

"No one, other than me... You are coming with me."

" And who are you to dictate me??  "

" Enough of this hide and seek.  You are mine and everyone needs to know that. I would rather die than let you go with anyone else."

"But how can I go with you?? "

" Why?? What is wrong with me?? I am better than that Kunal in everything.  "

" At least he is not in a relationship with another girl. Why should I go out with someone who is in a relationship with another girl?? "  I said.

" WHAT ?? Are you out of your mind?? Me?? In relationship with another girl?? "  He pointed towards my forehead with his hand.

"  What about Dr Isha??  "

" Isha?? What about her ?? Oh, God !! You are still stuck there? "

" You were going with her... "

" No !! Why would I?? "

"  Well, she said so in front of everyone. "

" She said that, but that doesn't mean that I am going with her."

" Well, your Isha gave me not a very friendly advice to stay away from you. "

" What?? When?? Why?? "

" Just after you went to OT and Raman and Anita also left. She kept me here and that was the reason, I was late. Because she made it clear again and again that you belonged to her. "

"  You were talking to her before you came to OT?? What nonsense !! Why would she do that??  "

" Go and ask her. And please tell her to rest assured as I am not even interested in going anywhere with you. " I said and started to move away but he again caught my hand.

" Wait!! Do you think I am in a relationship with her?? Did you hit your head somewhere by any chance?? Are you suffering from partial amnesia ?? "

" Don't try and act smart, Dr Jindal. I know everything. "

" What do you know?? Tell me?? What do you know?? And what is this Dr Jindal?? You kissed me today and again you are back to that. We are alone here... Drop this formality. "  His face was just a few centimetres away from mine.

I pushed on his chest but he took another step leaving no space between us. 

" Back off!!  I know about you and Isha. "

" But there is nothing between us... What do you know, which I am not aware of ?? "

" Stop this act, Dr Jindal. "

" Call me that one more time and I will kiss you in front of the whole city, till you don't recall my name and calls me by that. "

" Don't change the topic... And first, you leave me... Someone might come in.  "

" Doesn't matter... I will tell them that you are going to be my fiance very soon. "

" Fiance?? Forget it... I am not interested in a man who is interested in another woman. "

" Are you blind?? Can't you see that I have never been interested in or involved with anyone else but you? "

" Oh please, I have seen both of you flirting."

" Shruti, for God's sake, I have never flirted with her. She does that with me. I always deny her politely. She is a fellow doctor, I can't be rude to her. "

" Yeah, of course !! "  I said and looked away.

" Now what does that mean ?? " He caught my arm to turn me towards him.

" She has been claiming that you are already going around with her. That she is your girlfriend. " I folded my both arms in front of me to put some space between us. He was standing way too close to me.

I was getting affected by him standing so close to me.

🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞

Good morning friends 🥰😍

Here is my today's update, I hope you liked it, please let me know.

Please vote, comment, share and follow.

Take good care of yourself and have a nice day.

Please check my insta profile
My insta id is chhavi.manjul.

Thanks
Chhavi ❤️😃😍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.5K 2.8K 21
π‘‡β„Žπ‘’ 𝑀𝑒𝑑𝑖𝑐𝑠' π‘ˆπ‘›π‘π‘™π‘Žπ‘›π‘›π‘’π‘‘ π‘Šπ‘–π‘“π‘’ : πΉπ‘Ÿπ‘œπ‘š π‘Šβ„Žπ‘–π‘‘π‘’ πΆπ‘œπ‘Žπ‘‘ π‘‡π‘œ π‘Šπ‘’π‘‘π‘‘π‘–π‘›π‘” π‘π‘œπ‘Žπ‘‘ In the polished world of Delhi's elite, D...
54.4K 4.9K 50
Now available on Amazon Kindle as "INNOCENTLY BEAUTIFUL LOVE" "Don't be a spoilsport Aadhu. You can't just back out from a simple dare," said Aayush...
2.6K 85 8
Sample chapters... She is very sweet and quite childlike, has a different kind of innocence, while he is way too mature. She is too open minded wher...
255 23 11
A heartwarming story of two doctors who never thought that fate will bring them together. They just go with the flow and got that eternal life they n...