Billionaire's Disastrous Kiss

Selenabanford által

When Hailey Evans, an aspirant employee of the marketing department in one of the most wealthiest companies i... Több

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Epilogue

Chapter 32

234K 11.2K 5.1K
Selenabanford által

"Why are you both wearing a long face today?" Lexi asked while tapping on her keyboard.

Brian sighed. "A woman left me"

"What does that supposed to mean?"

"You know, whenever I have a one night stand I always leave before the girl wakes up but last night-" He took a deep breath, his lips trembling. "She left me"

"Ha. Good. You manwhore needs to be taught a lesson"

"I thought we were friends Lexi. I'm very disappointed in you" He exhaled and dramatically slid down his chair. "I can't seem to forget her. Her plush lips, her rosy cheeks, her fiery eyes, her hourglass body and her round breast-" Lexi smacked his head before he could continue.

"Shut up"

"Ouch" Brian rubbed the back of his head. "You don't have to be so violent you know?"

"What's going over there?" VP shouted from across the room and both Brian and Lexi hid their faces behind the computer screen.

It's been three days since my parents came and I had been avoiding Ian ever since. Thankfully he didn't yet notice because I'd been entertaining myself with my parents for the past few days but now that they have gone to visit grandma in Ohio I have no other excuse to use.

I knew that what Emma said was true. Ian had always used her to get closer to me so there was no progress between them. I understand that she needs the money desperately so her frustration is reasonable but I don't know how to help her. I can't leave the penthouse because then Ian have no reason to keep her. I can't leave his room either because then he will fire her. So my only option was to avoid him as much as possible.

But the worst thing is, I actually miss bickering with him, hanging out with him. It's like a part of me is torn apart. Have I finally gone mad?

"Evans" VP called and I looked up. "Give these reports to the general management"

"Okay ma'am" I stood up and took the files from her.

I reached the floor below Ian's and was walking through the hallway with my head bent low, lost in my own thoughts when I collided with a hard chest.

I glanced up to apologise but then my eyes widened, realising it was Ian.

"You've been avoiding me"

I was startled. "W-what? I didn't-"

"Don't lie" His hand reached out and gently stroked my chin. "Tell me what's wrong? Did I do something to anger you?"

"No no you didn't do anything. I just ummm... been busy with my parents"

"Is that the only reason?" He asked with concern etched on his face.

"Of course. Why else?" I chuckled drily.

Ian sighed. "Fine then let's go somewhere for dinner tonight"

"Uhh" I hesitated. Think of an excuse Hailey. Think of an excuse. "I'm working overtime today"

Ian's brows furrowed. "Why?"

"What do you mean why? To earn money of course"

"I'll give you that money. You don't have to work overtime"

"If I really needed your money I would have dragged you to the altar by now" I joked and Ian rolled his eyes.

"I'm serious"

"So am I"

"Is there anyway I can convince you out of it?"

I shook my head. "Nope"

Ian sighed in defeat. "Fine, then I'll come to pick you up"

I gently placed my hand on his chest. "You don't need to. My friends are also working overtime" That was a lie. "I can come with them"

Worry lines appeared on his forehead. "You sure?"

"Mmm" I nodded. "I'm sure"

"Okay then. Don't work till too late. Come home quickly" He gave a quick kiss to my lips and pulled back. "See you later" He winked and walked away.

And when he did I felt like shit. I didn't want to avoid him. I didn't want to lie to him. I want things to go back to how it was. I wished that I didn't hear Emma's phone conversation that day. It keeps nagging in my head, torturing me.

I sighed. Why do I feel like this? I should be happy to avoid him but instead I regret ever doing so. Avoiding him was harder than I thought and mostly because I didn't want to avoid him. For some reason I didn't want to be away from him.

I closed my eyes, trying to pull myself together. Stop it Hailey stop it.

"Hailey"

I spun around as I heard Lexi's voice from behind. "VP is searching for you. You still didn't give the reports?"

I looked at the files in my hand. "Oh I forgot"

"Everything alright?" Lexi asked as she approached me.

"Yeah"

She narrowed her eyes. "You suck at lying. Tell me what's wrong? Is it what Emma said?"

I let out a heavy sigh. "Kind of"

"Don't think about it too much. You need her to get away from Mr. Kingston"

I glanced up at her words. Is that what I really want?

"Don't you?" She repeated suspiciously.

"Y-yes that's what I want. To get away from him"

"Good now go and give those reports"

...

It was raining, puddles of water hitting on the hood of the taxi, splattering on the windscreen. The night sky loomed over us, the stars hidden behind the heavy clouds.

The taxi came to a halt in front of the Prescott's and I paid the driver before pulling out my umbrella and getting out.

I quickly walked inside and unfolded the umbrella, putting it inside a basket.
I shrugged off my wet coat and dried my hair with my hand.

"I thought you were coming with your friends"

I tensed as I heard a familiar voice. Nervously I glanced up and saw Ian standing a feet away from me, his expression hardened.

"Why did you lie to me Hailey?"

I kept silent.

"Why are you avoiding me?" He took slow, cautious steps towards me as he spoke. "Do you hate me that much?"

I was taken aback by his words. "What? No Ian, I don't hate you-"

"Then why?" He came to a halt in front of me. "Is it because of that housemaid?"

I gulped anxiously and looked down but Ian kept his fingers under my chin and raised my head up to meet his eyes.

"Do whatever you want Hailey but don't avoid me. And don't lie to me. What if something happened to you? It's dark and raining outside. I could have come to pick you up" He cupped my face in his hands. "I worry about you Hailey. So don't do that again"

I suddenly felt ashamed and guilty for my actions. What was I thinking? "I'm sorry" I whispered.

Ian's eyes softened and he wrapped an arm around my shoulder, pulling me to his chest. "It's alright" He gave a kiss to my forehead. "Now cheer up. I'll make some hot chocolate for both of us"

I smiled. "Fine"

"See, you look way beautiful when you smile. And way hotter when you're sassy" Ian joked and I rolled my eyes.

"Oh please who are you fooling?"

"I'm telling the truth. You look hot when you curse me"

"Then I should always be hot. I curse you 24/7"

"I'm offended"

"Why? Shouldn't you be happy that I'm getting hotter and hotter?"

Ian chuckled and ruffled my hair. "You're crazy, my crazy"

"Stop, that is so cheesy"

"It's not"

"It is"

We reached his penthouse and just as Ian opened the door, we heard a loud shattering of glass upstairs.

Alarmed, I ran up the stairs in a hurry and Ian followed me. The sound came from Ian's room and I threw it's door open, barging inside. There, I saw Emma standing inside the walk in closet, her eyes fixed on a broken photo.

"Emma?"

Emma was startled as I called her. She looked at me with sorrowful eyes. "I'm sorry Hailey, I didn't mean to"

My gaze fell on the photo and I sucked in my breath realising it was Ian and his brother's photo.

"What the hell did you do?" Ian growled behind me.

Emma's face twisted into fear and tears brimmed in her eyes. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to. It was an accident"

"IT WAS AN ACCIDENT?" Ian bursted, thrumming with rage as he strode past me. "How so? That photo was inside a fucking drawer. You can't accidentally break it unless you took it out!" He shouted in fury and tears started flowing out of Emma's eyes.

"I'm sorry-"

"What were you doing here? What were you doing searching inside the drawers? He charged forward, his eyes turning into slits. "Were you trying to steal money?" Ian laughed mockingly. "What are you? A thief-" Before he could finish Emma slapped him harsh across the face.

I gasped, my hands covering my mouth.

"How could you? How could you accuse me of stealing? You're the most arrogant man I've ever seen"

Ian's jaw tightened, his hands curling into fists.

Emma looked at me. "It was an accident Hailey. Don't fire me" Then she turned on her heel and ran away, tears spilling from her eyes.

My gaze fell on Ian but his face was turned away from me, his body vibrating with rage. Then without another word, he stormed out of the room.

What have I done?

Next update:- 6/7/21

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

3.7M 125K 51
#1 in Assistant - 14.12.2019 #1 in Billionaire - 20.12.2019 #10 in Romance - 23.12.2019 #2 in New Adult - 23.12.2019 #1 in Hurt - 26.12.2019 #5 in Fu...
3.1M 74.8K 67
#1 in Romance (This is the first book of MR. BILLIONAIRE SERIES) Emily Evans is a young, smart, beautiful, independent, and stubborn woman. Due to so...
353K 13.7K 31
"What are you getting at son?" His father watched both of us warily. "She's not really My-" the word was about to slip out of his mouth. I wouldn't...
29.2M 999K 55
|#1 in Romance.| 15-5-17 Amelia Primrose. Your typical, carefree and bubbly girl who has been making through thick and thin to provide her sister and...