Lustra~ f. weasley

By purelustra

Elle Mackin, sister to Nathan, daughter to Mary and Benjamin, 5th year Gryffindor. Elle was a friend to all... More

The beginning
Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Sixth Year
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85

Chapter 49

455 16 4
By purelustra

Elle sat on one of the couches in Sirius and Remus's living room with Jackson beside her, and Nathan sprawled out on the loveseat. Sirius stands awkwardly at the front of the room, unsure of what to do as he doesn't know how to take care of children, or honestly even himself. He was damn thankful for Remus and all that he did to make sure Sirius ate every day and took care of himself.

"Uh, can I get you guys anything?" Sirius awkwardly asked.

"I'm okay." Elle shrugged, leaning her head against the arm of the couch.

"Are you sure? I could make you guys food? Yeah... yeah food sounds good. Do you guys like grilled cheese?" Sirius asked the three teenagers as Jackson politely nodded at him, Elle and Nathan shrugging in response.

"I'm sure you guys haven't had anything proper to eat in days, and to be totally honest, grilled cheese is the only thing I know how to make. Oh god, you guys probably don't even want grilled cheese, I told Remus he should have come back with you guys just in case." Sirius began to ramble as the three stared at him in response.

"Sirius, it's fine." Nathan giggled.

"We love grilled cheese." Elle assured her Uncle as he sent her a questioning look.

"It's in fact, my favorite food." Jackson giggled out, trying to make Sirius calm as he playfully rolled his eyes.

"I'm sure it is. Either way, I will be going to make that for us. Tomato soup sound good too?" Sirius asked as they all nodded, watching him walk into the kitchen.

The three Mackin children sat in silence as they all tried to get rest, any rest, when an owl came flying through, dropping a letter on the table. Nathan leaned forward to grab it, seeing it was addressed to Elle from Fred.

"Another letter from Fred Ellie." Nathan told his sister as she slowly nodded.

"I'll read it later, put it on the table." Elle yawned out as Nathan threw it back on the table.

"Are you avoiding him or something?" Jackson asked as she shook her head.

"No I'm not. He's just been writing a lot and I am too exhausted to write back right now." Elle shrugged when a knock came on the door, causing all three of them to panic as this was supposed to be a safe house, only people who had the password could floo here.

Sirius practically ran back into the living room, obviously startled, and hesitantly walked towards the door, opening it just a tad as he let out a sigh of relief, opening it more.

"Elle, it's for you. I'm making grilled cheeses, you want one?" Sirius asked, turning to look at the visitor at the door, "Who am I kidding? Of course you want one." Sirius laughed to himself, practically skipping back to the kitchen.

"God, he is really proud of his grilled cheese." Jackson laughed out loud.

"I think it's the only thing he knows how to make." Nathan teased as Elle sluggishly got up, making her way to the door to open it to see Cedric stood outside.

"Cedric? Come in." Elle yawned, opening the door a tad larger so he could slip in.

"I went to the hospital to check on you again, your Mom said she was here and gave me the codes." Cedric told her, taking a seat on one of the chairs as she curled up in her spot once again.

"Oh, that checks out then. We're spending the night here." Elle told him as he nodded.

"Probably a good thing, get you guys a good night's sleep and apparently grilled cheeses." Cedric laughed as did Elle.

The two made small talk as they waited for the room, and shortly after, Sirius came out with his want flicked, hovering all the plates in the air as they dropped in front of all the teenagers.

Elle looked down at the grilled cheese and tomato soup and she swears she saw stars. She hadn't realized how hungry she truly was, as it had been too many days since she had a proper meal, purely living off of vending machines and the pathetic cafeteria in the hospital.

They all thanked Sirius before digging in on their food. The five all sat around, eating in silence before another knock hit the doors.

"I have never had this many visitors in one day, I swear..." Sirius whispered under his breath, going to answer the door again to reveal Fred.

"Oh Elle, it's for you, again. Come on in." Sirius greeted the redhead, letting him enter the home.

"Grilled cheese? Where's mine?" Fred teased when he walked into the room to see everyone eating them, before his eyes landed on Cedric.

"Oh Cedric, uh, hey." Fred nodded before turning to look at Elle, giving her a 'what the hell' look.

"Hey, Fred. I'm just going to run to the restroom." Cedric said, standing up to leave the couple alone with her nosey brothers.

"I'm fine here, you Jackson?" Nathan teased as Jackson nodded.

"Me as well." Jackson grinned, dipping his grilled cheese in her soup.

"You two are something else." Sirius laughed, exiting the room as Fred and Elle remained in eye contact, standing about a foot away from each other.

"So, what's Diggory doing here?" Fred asked, trying to contain his anger over another guy comforting his girlfriend, "And thanks for answering all my letters." Fred sarcastically said.

"He just showed up! And I've been busy Fred, okay, I'm not ignoring your letters, I just have a lot going on, okay?" Elle huffed out.

"Not the time to pick a fight, Fred." Nathan spoke up, not liking the way Fred was speaking to his little sister. It was like Fred suddenly realized everything he was saying, and stopped himself from burying himself further with Elle.

"I know... sorry Ellie. I just wanted to make sure you were okay Ellie, make sure all of you were okay." Fred said as she nodded, walking forward so she was engulfed in his arms, utterly exhausted.

"Well, she hasn't gotten any sleep." Jackson piped up as Fred looked at her with concern.

"No sleep?" Fred asked her.

"Not really, my mind has been other places." Elle mumbled into his chest, "It's hard to sleep without you, ya know?"

"Of course it is, come on love, let's go nap." Fred said before Nathan pointed him to a spare bedroom as Fred led her away.

The couple laid down in the spare room, Elle almost immediately passing out as she laid in his arms, feeling more relaxed and comforted than she had in too long.

Cedric walked back into the living room to see Elle and Fred were no longer there.

"They went to sleep, she hasn't gotten any lately." Jackson told him as the Hufflepuff nodded.

"Uh, okay I'll go then, thank Sirius for the grilled cheese for me, and tell Elle I said bye." Cedric told the two as they nodded.

"Hey Cedric?" Nathan called after him as he turned to look.

"Hm?"

"She has a boyfriend, you know." Nathan stated as Cedric slowly nodded.

"I know..." Cedric trailed off.

"That's not you." Nathan deadpanned.

"I'm aware, uh, see you guys later." Cedric quietly said, leaving the cottage. Almost twenty minutes later, Sirius came out of the kitchen with a plate of grilled cheese to see that everyone had passed out.

"Oh..." Sirius trailed off before looking down at the plate of sandwiches, "Yeah, I may have gone overboard."

//

The next day, Elle, Jackson, and Nathan were making their way back to the hospital after a good night's rest. Elle walked into her Dad's hospital room to see her Mum and Remus drinking their coffees and talking quietly.

"Oh hey guys!" Mary cheered, bringing them all in for a quick hug before the group sat around Ben's bed once again, "How was your night?"

"It was great! Finally had some proper sleep and food." Jackson moaned out as Mary laughed.

"I bet." Remus nodded at the teens, "What did Sirius cook for you guys? He knows all about three recipes."

"He did make his classic grilled cheeses." Elle giggled out as Remus nodded, muttering an 'of course he did'.

"Maybe too many, I am absolutely stuffed." Nathan groaned out.

"I could definitely go for grilled cheese." Mary laughed out.

"Me too." A very weak voice suddenly said as all eyes turned to look at Ben, who laid in the bed.

"Dad?" Elle quickly said, standing beside his bed.

"Remus, go get a healer." Mary quickly instructed, standing up as he gently pushed the hair sticking to Ben's face on his forehead.

"Honey, how are you feeling?" Mary gently asked, Jackson passing him some water to help clear his voice.

He slowly moved his arm to grab the cup, bringing it up to his face as he gulped it down, a healer barging in with Remus following.

"Good to see you again Ben, everyone but Mary please wait in the hall while I run some quick tests." The healer, Monica, stated, ushering everyone out. Elle happily bounded into the hall, just excited her Dad was awake.

Minutes later, Monica left the room and told them they could go back in.

Elle quickly walked in, Jackson, Nathan, and Remus trailing after her to see her parents talking.

"How is he? How are you?" Nathan rambled out as Ben let out a pained laugh.

"I'm fine son, just a few cuts and breaks." Ben shrugged.

"Monica took care of him." Mary assured her kids, "Remus, go write to Chris for me, would you? Tell him he doesn't have to come back if he's busy as Ben's awake and well."

"Will do, I'll let Sirius know too." Remus said, quickly leaving the room.

"So when can you come home?" Elle asked Ben as he shrugged.

"Monica said sometime today, once I have my health potions to bring home." Ben told his family as they all grinned down at him.

"But he still requires lots and lots of rest." Mary spoke up as Ben only nodded in response.

"God Dad, you had us so worried." Elle cried out, leaning down to bring him in for a hug which Ben gratefully reciprocated.

"I bet. I'm sorry kids." Ben grimly smiled at them, reaching over to squeeze both Jacksons and Nathan's hands in comfort.

The family spent a bit more time talking casually before Monica walked back in with a small cooler.

"Alright, you will take one of these potions in the morning every day for the next two weeks. Take with food as it is known to make your stomach feel a bit queasy." Monica explained as Ben nodded, "But of course Mary knows all of this so just, ask her if you have any questions."

"Thank you, Moni, really, for everything." Mary smiled, standing up to bring her in for a hug.

"Of course, now you guys are ready to go. Take it easy." Monica smiled before saying goodbye to the family.

"I'm going to grab Sirius and will meet you guys at the manor." Remus said, gently kissing his sister's head before disapperating out of the hospital.

Nathan and Jackson both helped Ben stand, knowing his legs might be a bit wobbly after being laid down for so long as Mary and Elle packed up his stuff, and before they knew it, they were all back at Mackin manor.

"You guys hungry? I can whip something up." Mary offered as Ben nodded.

"Please dear, I am starving." Ben said, slowly sitting at the kitchen island when Remus and Sirius appeared.

"Buddy! You have no idea how glad I am to see you!" Sirius grinned, bringing Ben in for a hug as the entire family sat around the kitchen island, watching Mary cook.

"How long have you guys been out of school for?" Ben asked.

"About a week." Nathan replied.

"You guys need to get back to school, you can't miss lessons because of me." Ben shrugged off.

"Dad, you almost died..." Elle trailed off.

"I think a week is warranted." Jackson slightly laughed as Ben slowly nodded.

"I guess you have a point, but you guys will be back as of tonight. No more slacking." Ben firmly said.

"You may have been laid up in the hospital for a week, but same ole Dad." Nathan laughed.

"What if you need us? What if you get sick again?" Elle worriedly asked.

"That's where we come in." Remus piped up.

"We offered to Mary for us to stay for a bit, just in case anything happens." Sirius told the kids as Elle let out a sigh of relief.

"Oh, that's good then."

Soon, the family sat around the dining table, eating some pasta Mary whipped up as she knew it was Ben's favorite.

"Oh... how could I forget?" Ben asked himself out loud, looking at Jackson, "I have good news."

"You do? What?" Jackson asked.

"The day I was attacked... Jackson, we got custody of you. Fudge signed you over." Ben grinned at him, tears beginning to brim in both his and Jackson's eyes.

"Really?" Jackson quietly asked, Elle reaching over to gently squeeze his hand.

"Yes, I forgot to tell you after everything that happened." Ben said, him reaching over to lace his hand with Marys who let a tear slip.

"What does this mean for me then?" Jackson asked.

"It means you are officially a Mackin if you want to be." Ben told him.

"Of course I do." Jackson said, quickly standing up to walk over and giving both Ben and Mary a big hug, whispering thank-yous over and over again as the rest of the family watched with smiles.

"I'll get the rest of the paperwork started then...son." Mary grinned.

//

That night, the three Mackin children arrived by floo in Dumbledors office, beginning to make their way back to their common rooms when they saw Fred, George, and some other redhead waiting for them.

Elle was quick to walk over to Fred, bringing him in for a hug and kiss as Jackson did the same to George. She turned her head to see Nathan bringing the girl in for a hug and a kiss on the forehead as she sent him a questioning glance.

"Oh, uh, this is Riley, my best friend." Nathan introduced, "Riles, meet my sister Elle, my brother Jackson and their boyfriends."

"Pleasure to meet you, Riley." Elle greeted.

"You as well. Wow, looks like this family has a thing for redheads." Riley laughed as everyone nodded, agreeing with her.

"Yeah yeah, let's head back to the tower, hm?" Nathan asked her as she nodded, letting Nathan pull her away from his siblings.

"See you Nathan!" Elle called after him, before turning to the three boys.

"Shall we head up to the Gryffindor common room then?" Elle asked as they nodded, Fred letting Elle pull him by the hand, him just so happy Ben was okay and that she was back.

(A/N this is what I picture Riley to look like, but feel free to picture her however. :) She's a seventh-year Ravenclaw just like Nathan.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165K 4.8K 86
17 year old Lila sets off for her penultimate year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. After the arrival of a transfer student named Cedr...
687K 20.1K 52
𝗽𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗼𝗽𝗵𝗼𝗯𝗶𝗮 ⭑ fear of falling in love | venus fell in love once. it was rather magical. now, she's left with a broken heart. will she ev...
1.2M 33.6K 50
Delia Adkins was laying low and staying out of people's way when she first moved into one of the rooms of the Leaky Cauldron but little did she know...