Bitterly, Sweetly

Von minifantasy

Love overcomes all is what Kim Namjoo lives by, but maybe not this time. For one thing, it's not her boyfrien... Mehr

The Big Thing
Guilty Pleasures
Jealousy Bites
A Line
Left to Right
Phase One
Cheaters
It's Bitter
Sweet Love
Illusion vs Reality
The Maybes
Sour & Sweet
Without Words
Cant Be Choosy
Decisions
D-Day
It Is What It Is
Epilogue: Sweet Now

The Bad Guy

51 1 0
Von minifantasy

"During our Hankook days." Sehun beamed. "Namjoo was in the drama club."

An awkward laugh burst out of her sounding more anxious than real. Slapping her thigh, she turned to her boyfriend, "I was. In the drama club." She wheeled around to Sehun, eyes kind of bugging but more delirious, "You went to Hankook?"

The smile kind of inched further up his face. One shoulder shrugged, "I did."

She was so fucked!

"Enough with the small talk," Chanyeol waved the walk down memory lane off. "You must be starving."

He led her down the short corridor that seemed to swallow her the more they walked. Further down some intersecting corridor she heard the sounds of movement, plates, and chairs scraping floorboard – perhaps prepping the table for this meal. Namjoo's stomach knotted knowing escape was inevitable now.

She was about to meet wealthy parents and sit down with a man she'd had sex with the previous night while putting on a mask in front of her boyfriend. Like this was the same thing she did every other day.

Before arriving, she asked, "Where's the bathroom?"

"You feeling all right?" Chanyeol worried.

Trying not to jump from feet to feet, she excused, "I just have to freshen up."

"Promise you won't run away?" Chanyeol joked.

Namjoo did her best to sound chipper. "Promise."

Letting go of her shoulder, he pointed down her left, "Two doors down. You want me to wait?"

Grinning, "I won't get lost. I'm not a child."

Leaving the men, Namjoo found said bathroom and shut the door. Spinning around to a wide mirror she immediately gaped at her dissolving calm pretension. Alone now she was free to fall apart.

This just couldn't be real.

This just couldn't be happening.

It didn't make sense.

Crap! Crap! Crap!

Covering her face, she allowed herself a minute to draw herself together. Not much time for her to be a panicky girl when they were waiting for her right outside. She just needed to think rationally. Besides, on the bright side Sehun hadn't revealed last night's event so she should be safe. On the way side, she was bound to meet him again if he was Chanyeol's brother.

Whatever possibility she tried to draw out Sehun was at the end of the straw. There was no way to avoid him. But...why was she the only one mulling in dismay? Shouldn't he be wallowing in just as much guilt for sleeping with his brother's girlfriend?

The click of the doorknob twisting caused her heart to explode. Whirling around with a gasp Namjoo's lower back slammed into the rim of the sink.

Oh Sehun filled up the doorway she thought she'd locked. Apparently, her brain had short circuited.

Uneasiness trickled down her spine as he took a step inside. With nowhere to run but into the ginormous sparkling white tub on her left, Namjoo pinned herself against the sink counter.

Heart ramming, Namjoo's chin barely connected with her collarbone when he came to a stop in front of her. Drawing her shoulders together as if that would help make her disappear. The width of his body up front intimidated her. Namjoo stared right into the third button of his clad blue shirt. She didn't want to remember his chest crushing her breasts or the exact way his body felt between her legs.

Spreading his arms around her he gripped onto the edge of the sink. "So, Chanyeol, huh?"

He had put something on. She could smell the strong scent flowing up her nose. He inched nearer. The scent grew stronger in a bad seductive way. Her front tasted the heat pouring off his body. He was standing that close.

Her mind ordered to push him away, but her body had thoughts of its own. She remained rooted against the sink. Just unmoving as if stupidly waiting for the seconds to draw out, see what he might do next. And if she might like it. Or hate it.

His very broad shoulders rolled back as he leaned down slowly planting his face in front of hers. Deep curious and mischievous eyes laser beamed on her face. She could sense the hot stare daring her to return it. The back of her neck grew warmer slowly trickling lower. Drum beats echoed at max volume in her ears. Nervous heat winded through her, roaring angry waves at the pit of her stomach. Eight trillion nerves tingled. She couldn't take this.

A breath shuddered out of her mouth. She courageously looked up into his face. "It was one mistake!"

An unexpected sound rushed from her lips when his legs brushed hers setting her nerves aflare. Everything in her lower half tickled so wrongly. Namjoo backed up helplessly into the sink turning her face sideways in an attempt to dodge what she thought was an incoming kiss.

Sehun's long arms stretched around her, his body closed in nearly pressing into her breasts, their abdomens lightly brushed, then his body heat disappeared. Opening her eyes, she saw a silver watch dangle in front of her face.

"My watch," Sehun cheekily smiled, "I forgot it."

He walked away even faster than she had him and Chanyeol just a minute earlier.

Damn! Spinning around Namjoo hit her forehead with the base of her palm. What had she been thinking? A kiss? Was she stupid?!

ĒĒĒĒĒ

"You feeling ok? You look pale all of a sudden." Chanyeol asked in a lowered voice as Namjoo took the seat next to him. Through the corner of Sehun's eyes he sought for a glimpse of her.

Well aware she was probably too freaked out to function normally. As if he wasn't having the shock of his life, too. Finding out the woman of his life was dating his step-brother. God damn. If that didn't suck for him.

"You're here?" she had asked last night when he questioned whether she was feeling all right and needed a ride home. Out of his good heart because after a long time he'd finally seen her again and wanted her to be safe. A lone woman at night drunk and wandering around Sehun had been concerned.

Except she had deeply kissed him with tongue and said, "I want to have sex."

So of course, he had. With her.

But she just had to be freaking Chanyeol's girlfriend. Why!

If he wasn't internally warring over self-control and jealousy, Sehun could perhaps be more of an ass than a man. In fact, he still wanted Kim Namjoo whether she was Chanyeol's girl or not. He wouldn't blame her for not knowing him. With all those years between them she'd probably put him at the back of her head.

Dinner was a blur. It wasn't much important for Sehun. While eating quietly he'd listened to the others chatter like restless birds. Namjoo happily conversed with what she felt might be her family one day. The couple mercilessly happy for a good day well spent. The mood was good. The situation looking up. Chanyeol's parents had nothing bad to say, so dinner ended up smoother than a baby's skin.

An hour later he watched from the doorway as Chanyeol walked Namjoo to her car. Towering over his counterpart, a broad arm protectively wrapped around her waist. Sehun watched almost too closely, observing every little action between the couple. Chanyeol brushing his face happily into her hair almost kissing her ear in the process. Namjoo's lips stretching ear wide over the moon for her boyfriend.

Sehun watched impatiently as they stopped to chat, then finally kiss and hug. He wasn't surprised when she immediately drove off without glancing back once. See if he was inside or outside the house, wonder where he was.

Chanyeol lingered in the yard a few seconds missing the presence of Namjoo. As if the couple hadn't been together less than a minute ago but a century. Sehun wanted to roll his eyes. Making his way back, the darn-go-lucky man he was, was grinning from ear to ear. Sehun wanted to chuck it off his face – only in thought though. It was obvious Chanyeol was smitten. And he had it all. Two wealthy parents. A pretty girl. A steady job. So Sehun was full of morose jealousy.

He had nothing. Really. A father forced to acknowledge him for being born a son. A farm girl mother who ran a chicken farm and gardened in her free time. The chicken farm business renewed and bought out of debt courtesy of his father – shared with Chanyeol.

The only reason he made it today was for face. Also, Chanyeol wanted to catch up since he was finally home. And most likely show off his girlfriend.

The bitterness was raw and it hurt.

"Still up for that drink?" The overly joyful faced man leapt up the steps toward him.

"Actually," Sehun lied, "I'm experiencing some really bad jet leg, so I'm going to get some rest."

"That bad?" Chanyeol's face creased with worry.

"I'm exhausted, man," Sehun made certain to sound the part.

"Fine then." Gently patting his arm relenting, Chanyeol urged, "Go sleep it off, but you gotta call me. You're in debt."

Sehun saluted him as he scurried down the stairs, found his car at the side garage, and left the mansion behind.

Sehun circulated the city numerous times. Pin needle buildings blurred around him. A mass of wide and short businesses surrounded the roads. Dull, reds, and blues. Lit up window shops, nostalgic cd stores, delis, and cheap eateries popped up along the red lights. Being part of the normal crowd had been important to him one time in his life. For majority of it, he'd been a loner.

No one was like him. A single mother living on paycheck to paycheck, the money specifically from the father to uphold his part of child support. A man who'd held him just once. That a thing Sehun barely recalled because he'd been like three or something.

The story was that his father had gotten his mother pregnant during a business trip. Sehun had only heard of the vague version, because his mother didn't really share about her upbringing. Just that she was a poor country girl who lived on a farm. Alcoholic dad. Weary mother who tended the fields to put food on the table. His father had come along and an affair ensued. By the time he came along his grandparents had died in a tractor accident and the farm was deteriorating.

In the end, his father helped sign a contract for the chicken farm, and then converted the farm to a chicken farm business. He paid Sehun's mom monthly to raise the son she'd birthed. Just because he was a son and would one day carry on the family name.

That was all they ever got. Money. A farm. His mother never got married. She, too, a loner for choosing to raise some married man's son instead of choosing a single man to marry legally, reputably. The shame carried on her back like a cloud as Sehun grew up.

Despite him and Chanyeol being just several months apart, Sehun never truly felt part of their family even if them brothers were neutral about family affairs. They'd gone to the same school. Sehun had eaten at the manor often. The worst part of everything was that Chanyeol was friendly and easygoing. He shared everything with Sehun. Friends, games, activities, the grief over the death of his pet dog. Chanyeol had always been his friend and brother.

Until today.

As he drove, he wondered where she lived. He'd want to visit her. See whether her sheets were pink or standard white. What did her house look like? What kinds of things did she keep around? Was she a picture collector? Did she keep her place nice and tidy? Or was she the kind of messy person familiar with where things belonged in their own created mess?

He'd want to go there someday. What a privilege it'd be.

Finally driving to the hotel, Sehun walked into his room and plopped down onto the bed. The sheets had been changed. He could no longer smell the scent of last night's female companion. Or the leftover smell from their sweats.

Regretful, Sehun dug his face into the bedspread.

Honestly, he didn't think he'd be able to see Namjoo anytime soon. His luck had probably run out last night. The disappointment made him so sore.

Accepting that he'd forever be a loser, Sehun yanked the blanket over his head and took a really long nap. Forced back into his life of solitude Sehun headed out the next afternoon. Made a quick stop at his workplace to check his schedule. He wasn't due in until next Monday. There was still a good week to go. Either spend it or lose it.

Grabbing a cup of coffee on his way down the street, Sehun exited the café just as the shuttle bus left the bus stop. Only businessmen passed him as he wound his way down the sidewalk. Aimlessly heading no place at all.

It was near the streetlight when he passed a cork board posted outside a corner salon. While waiting he backpedaled just out of boredom. Scanning all the city messages, volunteer posts, an adoption notification, miscellaneous ads, and coupons free to take. The biggest display was a musical mini poster depicting a colorful set and big bright letters. Names of actors and actresses including the scriptwriter, producer, and directors in small font followed at the bottom.

There was a name that popped out almost at once. In Sehun's memory he saw a dazed woman turning around on a dark, lonely street glowing yellow. Her eyes lighting up like she'd seen the love of her life and he had hoped to cool his jumping heart.

Kim Namjoo was directing a musical.

Of course. That made perfect sense. It was where he first saw her. In an on-campus musical produced by the theatre club. Admiring from far away until one day he miraculously sat face to face with her at a Valentine's speed dating event hosted by the university for fun. It had been love at first sight.

Whatever musical produced on campus he'd watched hoping for a glimpse of her. Sehun had always remembered her, her captivating smile he carried in memory everywhere, and currently felt dumbfounded. It should have been obvious.

Kim Namjoo was still with theatre production. If he had wanted to find her that was where he should've started. And then she would've ended up with him. Not Park Chanyeol.

As Sehun raced across the street he still believed he had a shot.

ĒĒĒĒĒ

Namjoo was full of energy right from that morning. Chanyeol had called first thing to share with her news that his parents' impression of her was very positive. They liked her mannered attitude and thought she was a very intelligent and mature girl. A good match for him.

So ecstatic she was. Namjoo had walked into work smiling stupidly, greeting every member of the upcoming show. Had even generously ordered coffee for everyone and subtracting over $200 from her credit card, but she'd cry over the loss later.

Script in hand, Namjoo was currently supervising scene 10 from behind the curtain. Carefully following each line until the end.

"All right! Let's have a ten-minute break!" She clapped her hands. She needed to use the bathroom, too, and another dose of caffeine.

Right after walking out of the bathroom she went toward the coffee bar. Stopping midway to peer over her shoulder when she felt eyes on her back. A look through the touring crowd showed everyone busily chatting or snapping pictures. Confident she was being edgy for no reason Namjoo continued her walk. A moment later she stopped again. Confirming no one appeared out of place, Namjoo resumed, bought her coffee, and checked her phone for messages on the way back.

Chanyeol had texted her. Dinner? Giddily biting down on her straw, she replied. Mentally making a note to ask if it was all right their dates only included going to his house when absolutely necessary. Namjoo didn't want any more run ins with Sehun.

Determining there was still some time she went to the back office to freshen up. Arriving at her tiny secluded windowless room, she walked up to her desk and began digging around for her powder compact in her purse. An unexpected knock made her turn and she accidentally flung off a pile of manuscripts sitting at the side. As papers flew curving through the air one after another, she recognized Sehun in her stale blue doorway.

Caught off guard, she subconsciously bumped into the desk. "Wh...what are you doing here?"

His brows lifted, scoured the small room consisting of one six-foot shelf stuffed with Shakespeare, thick college-style textbooks, famous books turned movies, then to her double shelf desk.

"I asked around." He simply shrugged like he'd asked for the weather report. "Someone thought you might be in your office."

Without invitation, he waltzed right in. Immediately the office seemed more cramped with his big figure in here with her.

"So you're messy." He commented under his breath.

"What?" she asked lost.

Sehun side-eyed her before doing a full shift to stand face to face. And just like that Namjoo felt the pumping of her heart become erratic. Knowing it was useless she stepped back into the desk anyway. Her shoulders nervously drew up together again. Every single nerve cell felt more alive than usual even though Sehun hadn't invaded her personal space. Yet.

"I saw the show's poster," he said, "and it reminded me of university. How come you're not in musicals anymore?"

Something flickered in her head. She had indeed participated in the theatre club's musicals. This time she eyed Sehun more closely. Had he been in the audience of some of her shows? No familiar face came to mind. After college everyone dispersed to start their own lives and families. Daily lives too hectic to stay in constant contact most flittered away.

"Who are you?" she wondered.

"I'm Sehun."

She gave him a frown. "Are you stalking me?"

His eyes narrowed as he chuckled humored. Namjoo didn't find it funny.

Straightening, he apologized. "Sorry."

"You should be." Was all she offered then glanced at her watch. Rehearsal was about to start. "I have to go."

But he didn't give way.

Impatient, Namjoo told him off, "Look, I'm dating your brother. I don't want to stir up anything negative between us, but you shouldn't come looking for me like this. It's not appropriate."

Namjoo stepped to the side attempting to squeeze her way out, but Sehun copied. The desk rattled as he stepped forward and she bumped into it again.

"You said it was one mistake," he reminded. "Are you saying there's going to be more?"

Her brows deepened speechless. She helplessly gasped when he inched closer feeling the brush of his leg. A buzz traveled through her abdomen suggestively.

"Careful," his arm reached past her up-righting her coffee. "It'll spill."

Backing up he gave her an undeniably handsome smile before walking out. Namjoo hated herself for the way her heart pitter pattered.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

1.9K 120 31
Pain. That was all rich Madam Kim Namjoo tasted since marrying. Trapped she seeks escape by popping pills. Then one day the household hires a new cha...
3.2K 144 10
Jeon Yn , the girl that fall in love with her own teacher , Kim Namjoon . The one who make she feel comfortable , safe , love . Kim Namjoon , the gu...
1.8K 44 38
She's not pregnant. He's not going to be a father, but one night a mishap leads Oh Sehun to concoct a plan that kills two birds with one stone: savin...
1.1K 10 28
Four years ago Oh Sehun left his small hometown of Goseong, but now he's back and with a kid in tow. On chance or coincidence he's left to pick up a...