The Pentelements *SLOW UPDATE...

Por Josalen144

Kirstie can see into the future Avi can see the past Mitch is a charmer Kevin is the brain Scott is the brawn... Más

PROLOGUE
Ch. 1 Meetings at the Mall
Ch. 2 New Arrival
Ch. 3 Robots and Aliens
Ch. 4 Avi's Family
Ch. 5 Motel Madness
Ch. 6 Can You Hear Me?
Ch. 7 Testing Talents
Ch. 8 Showing Avi & Sneaking Around
Ch. 9 Let's Talk
Ch. 10 Questions and Confessions
Ch. 11 Stolen
Ch. 12 Police Station
A/N Anniversary Party!!!!
Ch. 13 First Look
Ch. 14 Pursuing the Persuader
Ch. 15 All Around the Mulberry Bush
Ch. 16 Can I Play?
Ch. 17 Don't You Dare
Ch. 18 Uh Oh
A/N Sneak Peek
Ch. 19 What Did You Do?!
Ch. 20 We Need A Plan
Ch. 21 Race Against Time
Ch. 22 Survival Strategy
Ch. 23 Plane Escape
Ch. 24 What A Day
Ch. 25 Family Matters
Ch. 26 Goodbye
Ch. 27 Shenanigans
Ch. 28 Truth or Dare
Ch. 29 Group Chat
Ch. 30 Almost There
Ch. 31 Test Drive
A/N Valentine's Day (OPEN)
Ch. 32 Chores
Ch. 33 Ruckus
Ch. 34 Welcome
Ch. 35 Break It
Ch. 36 Are We There Yet?
Ch. 37 Getting Started
Ch. 38 Avi's Turn
Ch. 39 Cheerleader
Ch. 40 Trampoline
Ch. 41 Explanation (Avi)
Ch. 42 Fun Times
Ch. 43 Early Morning
Ch. 44 Eggs
Ch. 45 Double Yolk
Ch. 46 Face Value
Ch. 47 Boots
Ch. 48 Getting Ready
Ch. 49 Fashion Police
Ch. 50 :)
Ch. 51 Growth Spurt
Ch. 52 Explanation (Kevin/Todrick)
Ch. 54 Mitch vs. Avi
Ch. 55 Two Against One
Ch. 56 Accidentally, Of Course
Ch. 57 Police Chase
Ch. 58 Breathe
Ch. 59 Munchie
Ch. 60 Meditate
Ch. 61 Stirling's Strings
A/N Quick Update

Ch. 53 Friends and Foes

122 12 3
Por Josalen144

A/N Sorry for the late update! I've had a few things going on and also couldn't get the second part of this chapter to flow properly. I figured it out though lol. Enjoy!

~*~*~

"That's crazy." Kirstie said, watching Kevin and Todrick take their supplies to the living room. "Can you imagine being friends with someone since you were kids? And not letting anything get between you?"

"I wouldn't know." Avi shrugged. "My parents were really strict when it came to the people we could hang out with. You saw that when you and Kevin came with me to get my stuff at their house."

"Yeah, how long has that been going on by the way?"

"Oh, they've always been overprotective like that. Yeah, ever since..." Avi trailed off, going quiet for a few seconds before clearing his throat and continuing. "Um, anyway, Scott! Did you have any childhood friends?"

"I had one, but she had to move away in middle school." He remembered sadly.

"Aww, what was she like?" Kirstie asked, and Scott started to smile again.

"She kinda reminded me of you, Kirstie."

"Really?"

"Actually, a combination of you and Mitch. She was really kind and sweet like you, but didn't mind breaking a nose or two for the people she cared about like Mitch... well, maybe just the fighting for Mitch."

"Wow, she sounds amazing."

"She was, and the bestest friend you could ask for. I was so sad when she told me she was moving away."

"Are you two still in touch?"

"Unfortunately, no. That was before either of us were allowed to have a cell phone. She gave me her new address and we wrote each other a lot when she moved, but then I had to move and the address got lost in the moving boxes. We still haven't found it."

"OOH! What if Avi found her for you?"

"What?" Avi and Scott asked in unison.

"Yeah, you can look into the past right? Maybe you can find his friend!"

"Um, well it's a little more complicated than that." Avi tried to explain. "I don't have enough control over my powers to pick a random event and see what happened. Most of my visions have been unexpected due to being in a certain place or touching a specific thing."

"What about when you found Todrick's grandma's TV?"

"That's different. All I had to do for that was see if any of the stuff in the dump belonged to Todrick or his family at some point. I was basically looking at random objects and following their past until I saw when they were thrown away."

"And what about that time we were at the airport?"

"Again, I was just looking at people and seeing what they did before they got there. I only had to see their immediate past, not go back several years. Sorry, Scott, but I don't think I'd be able to find her unless you actually had something of hers that you could give me. Not yet at least."

Scott thought for a few moments before sadly shaking his head.

"I can't think of anything right now. And even if I did have something of hers, it'd be at my parent's house. Besides, I doubt she even remembers me... it was so long ago."

"Well, if you remember her, I'm sure she remembers you." Kirstie smiled.

"Eh, I'm not so sure..." Scott mumbled. "I mean, she made an impact in my life, but... I'm not sure if I made an impact in hers."

"Hey, don't think like that! Think happy thoughts! What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think about her?"

"Her stubbornness. She was kind as an angel, but when her mind was made up, she was stubborn as a mule. She was usually stubborn for the right reasons, and was always there to help me out."

"Wow." Kirstie chuckled. "You're telling us she was like that and you think she's forgotten about you?"

"Well..."

"From what I've heard, it sounds like she was your first friend."

"Kinda. I mean, I've had a couple friends of course, but she was really my first real friend. Someone I could talk to, I could laugh with. We told each other everything."

"Everyone remembers their first friend. Right, Avi?"

"Mhm." Avi agreed. "Jared Davis. Met in kindergarten. He was throwing stuff across the room while I was trying to use it to build a tower. We got in a fight and made a mess. Best friends for five years before my parents became super strict and we couldn't hang out anymore. You?"

"Abby Thomas. We wore the same outfit on the first day of school and pretended to be jealous of each other. Throughout the day, we kept sneaking glances at each other before we eventually laughed it off. Best friends for several years until I started focusing on school and she started focusing on her new boyfriend."

"But both of you stopped being friends with these people." Scott argued.

"Yeah, but we still remember them. Besides, we never wanted to stop being friends, something got in the way." She explained. "For me, it was spending all our time apart. For Avi, it was his parents becoming more strict. And for you..."

"It was her moving away..."

"Don't worry. I'm sure if you tracked her down, she'd be glad to see you, or at least make time for you two to catch up."

"Yeah, I guess..."

"Don't give up hope." Kirstie put a hand on Scott's shoulder and gave him a comforting smile. "What was her name?"

"Her name was Victoria. Victoria Kelly." He told them with a small smile. "But since I was her best friend, she let me call her, Tori."

~*~*~

For the remainder of the day, everyone spent their time doing their own things. After lunch, Kevin and Todrick made a lot of progress on the TV, Kirstie went to get some ice cream and happily invited Scott to join her, while Avi finally gave his family their daily call, and got an earful for calling so late. He only got them to calm down by sending a picture of his outfit which they seemed to love. By the time dinner rolled around, everyone grouped up again to enjoy a new recipe Kevin and Todrick were trying out.

The only person who wasn't there was Mitch, still locked up in his room. He remained like that for the rest of the night, until lunchtime the next morning. While Kevin and Todrick were trying to figure out what to have for lunch. Mitch tiredly walked past them and left the house. He was gone for an hour or so, returning with a dull expression on his face, and an almost empty Starbucks cup in his hand.

Avi and Kirstie, who had joined Kevin and Todrick for some lunch, watched him as he went into the living room and flopped on the couch. Deciding to be friendly, Avi went over to try and comfort him.

"Hey, you alright?" Avi asked when he reached the couch.

"Fuck off. Estou com dor de cabeça." Mitch mumbled into the pillow he was cuddling.

"I was just trying to see if you were alright."

"And I'm just telling you to fuck off." He said, lifting his head. "I told you, I have a headache."

"I don't understand Portuguese!"

"WELL... then... I DON'T KNOW! Fuckin' learn it or something!"

"Or maybe you could stop speaking a different language?"

"Você está porra brincando comigo? How would you like it if I told you to stop speaking English? Or just to stop speaking altogether? 'We're in America, why don't you speak English?'" Mitch mocked in a shrill voice.

"That's not what I meant!" Avi tried to defend himself.

"Yeah, well it sure as hell sounded like it!"

"You know what?!-"

"No, but I'm sure you're gonna tell me."

"Uh, guys? Maybe this isn't the best time to be arguing?" Todrick tried, but they ignored him.

"I'm getting sick and tired of you and this weird power fantasy you have where you think you're better than everyone else!" He shouted, and Mitch scoffed as he sat up.

"I don't think I'm better than everyone, I know I'm better than everyone. I'd like to see you try to get out of trouble with just your looks."

"That's not because of your looks, it's because of your powers."

"My statement remains?"

"Then why don't you make me stop being angry with you? Right now?" Avi challenged.

"See I would, but like I said multiple times, I have a headache." Mitch told him, closing his eyes and rubbing his temple. He paused to snicker. "Plus, it's kinda fun seeing you get mad like the giant manbaby you are."

"Why are you such a condescending dick?"

"Why are you such a whiny little bitch?!"

"Oh, I'm the whiny bitch? I wasn't the one pissing and moaning about a pair of boots being messed up yesterday." Avi shot back, and Mitch's eyes opened.

"HEY!!! You have no idea what I had to do to get those boots, only for them to get ruined!" He snapped, glaring daggers at Avi.

"I actually know more than you think!"

"I find that hard to believe."

"Okay! Why don't we all calm down and give each other some space?" Kevin tried to reason.

"Why don't you stay out of this," Mitch jabbed, turning his sharp tongue to the group in the kitchen. "No one was talking to you, so stop butting into other people's conversations like an annoying pop-up ad!"

"Mitch! Stop being so rude!" Kirstie scolded.

"I don't recall talking to you either, you walking doormat! Maybe instead of worrying about me, you should take that energy to find someone's shoes to lick clean!"

"Alright, that's enough!" Todrick shouted, standing up.

"I agree! So sit your ass down you Michael B Jordan wannabe reject!" Everyone in the kitchen blinked, unsure of what to say. Mitch turned his glare on each of them, daring them to speak. "I am so sick and tired of all of you constantly trying to put me down, and I can not WAIT for the cops to stop looking for me so I can finally get as far away from you people as possible!"

"Why don't you just go now?" Avi piped up, grabbing Mitch's attention again.

"I just said why."

"Well, what's stopping us from turning you in? You're so rude and mean to us, and we don't need to put up with it any longer. We could just kick you out and tell the police where to find you."

"You wouldn't dare."

"Why not? Why should we let you stay here? What are you gonna do? There's four of us and only one of you."

"Oh, I could easily take you all." Mitch hissed, and Avi scoffed.

"I bet you can't use your precious charm on all of us at once."

"Who said anything about me using my charm?" He glowered, balling his hands into fists.

"Hey, Annoying Pop-up Ad here," Kevin said, getting between them. "But I don't condone fighting in my house. Don't like it, go somewhere else."

"Fine, let's take this outside."

"Nope, if any of my neighbors see people fighting, they'll call the cops. I'm sure you don't want that."

"Then where should we go?!"

"How about somewhere you're actually allowed to fight without causing the people around us to panic?"

"And where would someplace like that be?"

"Ever heard of a gym? There's a couple near here with boxing rings that have padded flooring."

"Fine! Let's go." Mitch said, and he started to walk away when his stomach grumbled. He paused and hid a slight blush as he pushed past Kevin and Avi. "After I eat."

"I'm not riding in a car with him." Avi told Kevin, loud enough for Mitch to hear.

"Não precisa de, I'll take a cab. I don't feel like being trapped in a small space with any of you right now."

"Good."

"Good!"

"Hey, guys! I just got off the phone... with... my..." Scott trailed off as he came down the stairs and saw the tense situation. Everyone looked at him with upset faces except for Mitch, who ignored him and was angrily opening a small bag of chips. "Uh, what's wrong? Did I miss something?"

Kevin briefly glanced at Mitch before answering.

"Get in the car. We're going to the gym."

~*~*~

A/N Sorry again for the late update! I finished this on Sunday but decided to wait to post it today because I remembered I liked updating on Tuesday's when I was in class. Anyway, hope you liked it! Let me know what you thought in the comments! And don't forget to boop that little vote button with your nose! Love you guys!!! BAIII!!!!~

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

8.3K 373 13
What would happen if PTX were to split up? Could they end up getting back together or will one member's life altering event change that? The 1st book...
14.9K 310 33
When Breanna runs into the famous Scott Hoying her life is flipped upside down. She becomes best friends with the amazing band which changes her life...
12.8K 426 18
Avi Kaplan and Kirstie Maldonado are total opposites of each other. They can't stand each other one bit. But what happens when they become roomates...