AAY'HAN I the mandalorian

By w4nker

aay'han, a mando'a term meaning bittersweet. he never thought he would resonate with the word, until he met h... More

๐š๐ฎ๐ญ๐ก๐จ๐ซ๐ฌ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ๐ž
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ž๐ง๐ž: ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐‰๐ž๐๐ข ๐Š๐ง๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐“๐ฐ๐จ: ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐Œ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐จ๐ง
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐“๐ก๐ซ๐ž๐ž: ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐’๐š๐ฏ๐ข๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐…๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ: ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐‹๐š๐ณ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐…๐ข๐ฏ๐ž: ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐‘๐ž๐ง๐๐ž๐ณ๐ฏ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐’๐ข๐ฑ: ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐‚๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐’๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง: ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐‚๐ซ๐ž๐ž๐
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐„๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ: ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐๐š๐ญ๐ก
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐๐ข๐ง๐ž: ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐๐š๐ซ๐ ๐š๐ข๐ง
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐“๐ž๐ง: ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐๐ฎ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐„๐ฅ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง: ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐ƒ๐ซ๐š๐ ๐จ๐ง'๐ฌ ๐ƒ๐ž๐ง
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐“๐ฐ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฏ๐ž: ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐ƒ๐ž๐ฌ๐ž๐ซ๐ญ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐“๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง: ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐“๐š๐ฑ๐ข ๐ƒ๐ซ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐…๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง: ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐‚๐š๐ฏ๐ž
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐…๐ข๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง: ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐‘๐ž๐ฎ๐ง๐ข๐จ๐ง
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐’๐ข๐ฑ๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง: ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐–๐š๐ญ๐œ๐ก
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐’๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง: ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐…๐จ๐จ๐ฅ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐„๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง: ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐‘๐ž๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ง
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐๐ข๐ง๐ž๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง: ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐Œ๐š๐ซ๐š๐ฎ๐๐ž๐ซ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐“๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ: ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐’๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ฌ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐“๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ ๐Ž๐ง๐ž: ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐’๐ฆ๐ฎ๐ ๐ ๐ฅ๐ž๐ซ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐“๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ-๐“๐ก๐ซ๐ž๐ž: ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐‚๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐“๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ-๐…๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ: ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐๐š๐ฆ๐ž
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐“๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ ๐…๐ข๐ฏ๐ž: ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐†๐ข๐Ÿ๐ญ

๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐“๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ-๐“๐ฐ๐จ: ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐‰๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ง๐ž๐ฒ

558 18 3
By w4nker

"So, you did all that with a bounty hunter?"

Asora nodded eagerly with an accomplished smile, "And the youngling."

"Must've been one hell of'a bounty hunter."

"One of the best from what I've seen."

"And he's Mandalorian?" Chewie inquired, glancing back at her. She nodded eagerly at the statement, with a fond smile, "Yes."

"Y'know I don't quite like Mandalorians, Boba Fett definitely ruffled our feathers a few times." Chewie groaned as he looked over towards Han, Han nodded in agreement before he leaned over and flicked a few switches on the control panel.

"Boba Fett? I thought he died long ago." Asora inquired, her gaze flickering between the two curiously.

"Sarlac pitt took care of him, but Jabba put a bounty on all us before that."

"So, kid we're nearing the rendezvous, should be a quick exchange, we just need you as extra muscle."

"I didn't take you two for the extra muscle type."

"We aren't. Those sabers'll spook them enough to get them off our tails though."

Asora nodded in agreement, her hands moving to her hips, grazing her fingers over the hilts, smiling at the metallic feel.

"Let's just hope they don't remember last time." Chewie mumbled as he moved to get up, looking around for where he placed his bowcaster, Asora glanced over to him, her eyes flickering towards his weapon excitedly.

"Is that a bowcaster? I feel like I haven't seen one of those in ages!" She got up excitedly, moving towards the Wookie, he nodded in surprise and murmured to himself about it as he adjusted his grip on it.

"When I was a padawan I was particularly interested in galactic weaponry, I've only ever seen one other bowcaster but from what I remember they are quite heavy, and powerful."

Chewie nodded eagerly, reaching out the weapon hesitantly to let her hold it, she reached out and picked it up, the weight heavy in her hands, she tried her best to lift it as casually as possible, she took a minute to examine it, taking in every detail before looking up and smiling at the Wookie.

"They are both as beautiful and heavy as I remember, thank you for letting me examine it."

She handed the back the weapon as gently as possible to Chewie as he shook his head nonsensically, it was safe to say he was flattered at the intrigue for his weapon, and the care she took for holding his bowcaster.

Soon after this the three docked with the cargoship they were meant to be making a deal with and hastily walked towards the meeting grounds between ships with MR trailing quietly behind.

The exchange of goods went as smoothly as possible, from their interaction with the smugglers Asora got the idea that Han and Chewie were particularly formidable within the smuggling circle for not delivering goods. This was a fact that didn't exactly surprise Asora. In all honesty she thought swindling others was a part of the smuggling gig, so she didn't hold their wrong doings against them.

She only had to engage once, lighting her sabers as a warning sign to the other smugglers that any sort of fight between the two would end in an undesirable outcome for both. After a few moments the others seemed to back off, and before Asora knew it Han, Chewie, her and MR were heading back towards the Millennium Falcon's cockpit.

"Well, that went smoothly."

"Yeah, let's just get out of here before they look at their loot." Han mumbled as he began reading the ship for departure, "what? Han what did you do?" Asora inquired worriedly as she glanced behind her.

"Nothing kid just strap yourself in and keep quiet."

Asora frowned, glancing towards MR for their take on the situation, to which it responded by wiggling its head awkwardly, something Asora interpreted as a makeshift shrug.

"HEY WAIT-"

Before the crew at the docking bay could finish their sentence Han dislodged the ship from theirs and began moving it away, Asora looked over towards Chewie her eyebrows pinched together in surprise.

"Heavens Han if this is how you do business I sure hope I never need anything."

Han rolled his eyes at Asora, his gaze still focused on the controls as he prepped the Falcon for a jump to hyperspace, "Yeah, yeah. C'mon Chewie help me out here."

The Wookie moved his hands to the controls and started his run through of diagnostics and alteration of their jump to hyperspace to ensure they weren't jumping into anything too serious.

As the two began transitioning the ship towards their point of departure, the smugglers on their tails began shooting off a few warning blaster shots.

"Punch it Chewie." Han exclaimed as he glanced to the side at the ship they were hailing blasterfire from, while Asora's anxiety began to raise as the situation preceded, both Han and Chewie were as calm as ever, to them this must've been a regular occurrence.

As the Ship jumped into hyperspace Han and Chewies shoulders slumped a bit in relaxation, Han turned his head to Asora and smiled, "Now let's go see about a Jedi, huh?"

The Mandalorian, much like Asora was beginning his journey to a new destination, with his newly earned beskar spear on his back and Grogu to his right.

The two were situated in the cockpit of the Razor Crest, looking out at the empty space just above orbit of Corvus. Their next destination was the planet Tython, his last fleeting chance of his child finding someone like him that could train him.

He was more grateful than ever for meeting Ahsoka, while she could not train Grogu like he had hoped, he had understood. It was just as Asora said, the child has an attachment to him, it made the possibility a conflict for the Jedi.

A little piece of him hoped that when he placed Grogu on the "seeing stone" and called out, that Asora would hear. Would she come back?

It felt foolish to think she could come back so soon, after all it felt like she just left. His heart ached at the thought of her, he let out a sigh and glanced towards Grogu with wishful eyes, was she even thinking of him? Or was she too busy with Luke Skywalker to even worry?

There aren't many Jedi left.

Ahsoka's words echoed in his mind, it felt foreign to think of the Jedi as some sort of extinct species, because he felt like a magnet for them. In his time in this galaxy he'd met three, and known of one other, while those numbers didn't even come close to any other group he'd heard of maybe he was blessed to have found them all.

Other than the Mandalorian, the Jedi had taught him more than he could ever wish for.

With the Jedi he has known confusion, annoyance, and frustration but he also known history, curiosity, love, and trust. While they were by no means his people, it felt like it at times, the bond of trust and love he had with Grogu and Asora was uncommon, as if he was special.

His lips pulled into a smile at the thought of his journeys, his memories with the two.

He would see her again, he had to make sure of it.

He sighed to himself and turned his attention towards the control board, reaching for the nav to begin manually punching in the coordinates to Typhon, the quicker he got this show on the road the better the odds looked for Grogu. While he by no means doubted the child, he just hoped he'd get there quick enough that there wouldn't be any Imperial issues that arose, if he had learned anything from space travel with Grogu its that whenever they had a moment to rest, the Imps were always right there to knock the tired out of them.

After a few moments of mindless navigation he launched the ship into hyperspace, once they made the jump the ship lulled quietly as the two glided through hyperspace, the lights igniting the cockpit. The Mandalorian glanced over towards a curious Grogu as the two sat in silence his thoughts drifting to what he had learned from Ahsoka, what Grogu could do.

As the ship slid itself out of hyperspace and into Tython's galaxy, he reached over towards Grogu plucking the small silver ball he was playing with out of his hands and hovering it above the air a foot away from him as the child squealed in disapproval.

"Okay, here we go..."

"You can have it, just like before."

After a brief moment of silence he let out a small sigh, he was clearly trying to get the child to demonstrate his powers and he did not seem adamant on cooperating.

"Grogu, come on. You can have it."

After another lingering moment of silence, he huffed, but as he persisted the child pulled with the force, yanking the ball from him through the air back to his small green hands.

"Dank farrik!" Mando exclaimed exasperatedly, his hand moving in a flicking motion as if to represent his astonishment, the child cooed worriedly in response, dropping the ball into its lap as he peered towards his parental figure.

"Hey, no. I'm not mad at you. You did good... I just....When the nice lady said you had training, I just..."

Silence filled the air between the two of them as the child tilted his head curiously at him, in all honesty Mando was surprised. It's not as if he didn't know he had those powers, it's just that he could use them on command, all this time and he had no idea.

He sighed as he reached over, his gloved fingers lightly picking the ball up and putting it back into the child's grabby hands, "You're very special, kid... We're gonna find that place you belong and they're gonna take real good care of you."

The words stung his tongue as he spoke, while he most definitely wanted the best, and only the best for the kid. It was clear that he was going to miss him, his green sidekick, it felt like one loss after another.

He averted his attention from the child back towards the control board, he would shed no tears or worries today, he had to get his kid to his people even if that meant he couldn't go with him.

"This is Tython. That's where we're gonna try and find you a Jedi. But you have to agree to go with them if they want you too. Understand?"

He turned his head back towards Grogu as he spoke, Grogu's uncharismatic grunts in response were anything but promising but it was for the best, this was for the best, right?

"Plus, I cant train you. You're too powerful, like Asora. Don't you wanna learn more of that Jedi stuff she talks about?"

The child only grunted in response, but he didn't need an answer, the two of them knew what their choices were.

"I agreed to take you back to your own kind, so that's what I need to do. You understand, right?"

This conversation felt like he was only trying to explain what was happening to rationalize letting Grogu go to himself, and he knew that, he just hoped the kid knew that this was what they needed too.

His heart ached, these past few weeks had been full of this awkward melancholy feeling he hadn't quite been able to grapple. He felt almost overloaded with emotions, but he needed a clear head. He had a mission to complete.

Asora on the other hand was overflowing with excitement, if the scruffy smugglers ETA was accurate they were almost at the landing site for Lukes temple.

She was almost buzzing, in the coming moments she would meet Luke Skywalker, her mission was so close to accomplished.

A little piece of her felt guilty, for not having Mando and Grogu by her side, the more she lingered on the thoughts of the shiny bounty hunter the more her guilt grew, but it wasn't something she could face now.

She closed her eyes, the soft rumble of the Millennium Falcon whirring in the background as she tried to ground herself, now was not the time for these emotions, or any emotions for that matter, she had to be serious.

As she lulled her emotions at bay and grounded herself the Falcon steadied itself onto the ground in a halt, her eyes snapped open at the movement, a small smile playing on her lips as she peered out of the cockpits window at the building in the distance.

"All right kid, we're here."

She reached into her bag, pulling out her credits slowly as she glanced over towards Han and Chewie, "15,000 credits, as promised."

She reached out, the heap of credits in her hands and placed them onto the control board as she moved to get up, pulling on her robe, and adjusting her bag on her shoulder before patting her lightsabers on her hips for reassurance as looked at the two smugglers excitedly.

Han grinned at her and moved to get up with Chewie, the two moving to exit with her as they made their way out of the ship.

"Let's get this show on the road." Asora chimed as the three made their way out , MR following behind, chirping in excitement with her.

The four made their way to the Temple entrance where a dark figure loomed, leaning on the doorframe.

It was him.

As they neared Asora inspected the premises, her eyes skimming over the scenery, taking in the architecture before her eyes handed on him, scruffy blonde hair and dark robes, this was Luke Skywalker.

He embraced Han and Chewie in hugs, greeting them each kindly, his tone excited as he exclaimed, "Chewie, Han what're you doing here!" the Chewie responded with a few excited grunts and yelps, gesturing towards Asora as he spoke, she was too focused, too shocked to speak.

This was him; she'd finally made it to him.

"I'm Asora Sett."

"Hello Asora, I'm Luke."

"I know. I've been searching the galaxy for you." 

----------------------------

word count: 2388

𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨! 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥! 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐡𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡! 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐥𝐮𝐤𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐨𝐨𝐧... 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐮𝐧 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐟𝐟! 𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐦𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐮𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐫 𝐢𝐟 𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤!

𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬! 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐦 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 68 14
Desideratum: something that is needed or wanted "In the midst of hundreds and thousands of stars and planets, that hold hundreds and thousands of peo...
49.2K 1.3K 14
[COMPLETE] โDin, ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ.โž โ€ข The princess of Rainoh regrets the decision of ordering her Mandalorian out of her planet, without realizing the ๐”…om...
128K 3.5K 22
โ ๐‘ค๐‘’ ๐’‡๐’๐’–๐’๐’… ๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘โ„Ž ๐‘œ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ. โž [๐’๐„๐€๐’๐Ž๐ ๐Ž๐๐„.] โ†ณ ๐‘ญ๐’Š๐’—๐’† ๐’š๐’†๐’‚๐’“๐’” ๐’‚๐’‡๐’•๐’†๐’“ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’‡๐’‚๐’๐’ ๐’๐’‡ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐‘ฎ๐’‚๐’๐’‚๐’„๐’•๐’Š๐’„...